Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs (31402 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Someone Stole My Phone But I Got His Number From Gmail How Do I Go About It / Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by iamL(f): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2021
olola4:
Never activate an ATM card or activate USSD for the Bank Account where you have huge funds

What happened to ops can happen to anyone, that is why you should only have the money you can loose in the bank account associated with your ATM and USSD

That one gud self. I don't have Atm in my main account. I simply transfer to the one with atm and withdraw immediately.

Myself and siblings
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Glamouzpeter(f): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2021
Na professional steal your phone �
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by mkoabiola: 10:42am On Nov 20, 2021
Billyddude:
lol..I transferred 50k with ussd yesterday,may depend on d bank sha
What bank?

Av u tried over 100k
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by jericco1(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2021
lajid:

How can I do mine with a small phone too?

SIM settings
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2021
iamL:

The day my phone was stolen I went straight to the all my banks. I cancelled all transactions linked to my sim.

When I got to first bank the banker I met was telling me not to bother much that they can't temper my account via sim because he doesn't want to work, I told him with a straight face to block everything which he did immediately.

Hahahaha @straight face.

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nenopi: 11:20am On Nov 20, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

1 attempt remaining. I never add sim lock before
don't try it again ooo your sim will be blocked finally
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nenopi: 11:22am On Nov 20, 2021
barbiedunicorn:

[color=#006600][/color]for someone that has misplaced his or her sim pack,how can one get the PUK number?
call customer care
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Naanlong01: 11:36am On Nov 20, 2021
Pls do you know how to reset a small itel phone password. Without the reset, one can't do sim lock, and I can't find sim lock option on my xiaomi smart phone. Pls I need help. Thanks.

dominique:
Put a sim lock on your phones especially the one that receives alert. This is getting too rampant. If asked for pin, use the default pin that comes with every sim pack. For MTN it's 00000, for AIRTEL it is 1111, for 9mobile it is 0000, for GLO it is 0000. The thief will try to gain access to the sim without success and PUK number will be required, if the PUK is attempted up to 10 times, the sim is automatically blocked. Phone lock is not enough anymore
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by tpapi: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
femi4:
You could have blocked your sim in 3mins but you waited for 3hrs when it's too late to salvage the situation
how can he block his sim wen his phone has been stolen
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by femi4: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
tpapi:
how can he block his sim wen his phone has been stolen
Do you need your phone to call service provider? We have people around us that we can use their phones
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by iamL(f): 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
toren:

Hahahaha @straight face.

Yes o.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Ofuks(m): 8:53am On Nov 21, 2021
Didi2d:

What if the beneficiary account is an pos/paga operator?

There is a human being behind every account. POS merchant accounts are required to provide BVN, Valid means of identification, a utility bill with registered address, and a visitation report to be conducted by the bank officials.
There is actually no hiding place for fraudsers using bank accounts, if their victims are willing to push for justice.

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Iceberghill(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Always activate fingerprint on ur bank apps for logging in and for transactions instead of Pin
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Freegifter(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Ofuks:

There is a human being behind every account. POS merchant accounts are required to provide BVN, Valid means of identification, a utility bill with registered address, and a visitation report report to be conducted by the bank officials.
There is actually no hiding place for fraudsers using bank accounts, if their victims are willing to push for justice.

What happens if the account gets closed?
You know all existing information has been deleted.

2nd question
The Pos is just like any ATM so he or she might not be liable for any loss, so how do you get pos to be accountable?
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
EmptyGarden:

They would still need access to your phone to use USSD, and even USSD transactions require passwords.
EmptyHead! What organ are you using for your reasoning? Anus grin Very dumb..
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
taylor89:
Good evening all I’m gonna make this very brief plz I need help

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

I had to call MTN too to block my SIM

Please is it possible to get the person tracked and arrested

Modes please move to front page Lemme know my next action thanks

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank
I believe with what you had done so far, you will get to the final culprit ones the owner of that bank account is caught then you're closer to getting your phone. Learn to put pin code in your Sim card by doing this, Ussd thieves won't harrass and stress your money in your bank.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by EmptyGarden(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
NGArmyTerrorist:
EmptyHead! What organ are you using for your reasoning? Anus grin Very dumb..
I for answer you o, but I don't negotiate with terrorists.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Ofuks(m): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Freegifter:

What happens if the account gets closed?
You know all existing information has been deleted.

2nd question
The Pos is just like any ATM so he or she might not be liable for any loss, so how do you get pos to be accountable?

A closed account does not automatically translate into a deleted account.
The records for a closed account are still kept in a closed account file.

The PoS is just a platform owned by a merchant. A car is not responsible for the recklessness of it's driver, just like the owner of a dog is held liable for the action of his dog.... there is no hiding place for people using their accounts to receive proceeds of fraud.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by doctor20202020(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2021
Call me on 08033196353 I will help u out to track the person
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by muheeb01(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2021
This is now getting rampant,protect your phone and sim

Check my signature and my profile for my work
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Topshow4real: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
dominique:
Put a sim lock on your phones especially the one that receives alert. This is getting too rampant. If asked for pin, use the default pin that comes with every sim pack. For MTN it's 00000, for AIRTEL it is 1111, for 9mobile it is 0000, for GLO it is 0000. The thief will try to gain access to the sim without success and PUK number will be required, if the PUK is attempted up to 10 times, the sim is automatically blocked. Phone lock is not enough anymore

Permission to share this info on my WhatsApp status
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Malik1234: 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
Omg!!! I had to share just saw this cool channel madddd!!!! For the crime enthusiast, you gotta watch and follow ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IILJhmdChA0
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Billyddude: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2021
mkoabiola:

What bank?

Av u tried over 100k

First bank bro..sorry just seeing ur mention bro
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Billyddude: 6:43pm On Dec 21, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Lol. Find your sim pack and enter your puk number grin

Funny ..I saw the sim in our car garage,na so I begin use am...where I wan go find puk
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by bennyspix: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
OP, were you able to sort out this issue? and how?

taylor89:

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Slizzords: 8:55am On Jan 14, 2023
EmptyGarden:

They would still need access to your phone to use USSD, and even USSD transactions require passwords.
You are really are a dumb motherfvcker , I have to say this
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by ManirBK: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2023
PotatoSalad:
Always enable SIM lock. Very very important
Pls explain more information mean how?
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by PotatoSalad(m): 2:33pm On Jan 14, 2023
ManirBK:
Pls explain more information mean how?
Go to your phone security settings and enable sim lock. You'll need to enter your sim passcode whenever you put your sim in a new device or reboot to be able to use the sim card
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by ManirBK: 9:03am On Jan 18, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Go to your phone security settings and enable sim lock. You'll need to enter your sim passcode whenever you put your sim in a new device or reboot to be able to use the sim card
done it bro

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by dreu2fine(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2023
taylor89:

Na your for
U get plenty olmoney now
Wat are you waiting for before you call your bank to blocked your account 3hours u sit down

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suspected Female Kidnapper Caught Lagos / This Little Boy Is Stranded After His "Master" Threw Him Out In Lagos / Husband Beats Wife To Death In Gboko, Benue State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.