Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs (31365 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Someone Stole My Phone But I Got His Number From Gmail How Do I Go About It / Someone Withdrew Over 100k From My Account. I Am Depressed Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by lebron7(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Are you this stupid and daft? Like they can’t remove my sim and put on another phone? You’re really an empty garden please stop derailing my topic till brainy ones bring up an idea

Requiring my transaction password? Did you not read the part I told you they could reset my transaction pin via sms according to what the banker told me
B like sey na this guy thief your phone I swear

2 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Frankspot(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
grin
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by tolue42(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please how do we activate sim lock?

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Timekeeper: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Are you this stupid and daft? Like they can’t remove my sim and put on another phone? You’re really an empty garden please stop derailing my topic till brainy ones bring up an idea

Requiring my transaction password? Did you not read the part I told you they could reset my transaction pin via sms according to what the banker told me

Use a sim lock... Una no go. Hear... And stop calling him stupid

2 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Or11: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Easy bro. Go to EFCC and they will take it up. It's easy work for them
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Stronghold91: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
your friends and family who know you very well must be behind this
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Frales6(f): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
sorry bro. but all the same, thank God you retrieved your money
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Biggaboi(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

They didn’t open my phone I guess they did all via USSD, I never thought this could be possible till the banker told me they would reset my password via sms. The stolen phone didn’t have my bank app on it either
This is why you should always have the SIM pin activated at all times so that even if the SIM is put in another phone the pin would be requested b4 the SIM can be assessed. Never depend on just ur phone security. Sorry for ur loss. Hope you catch the thief and recover ur money
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by lookingfly: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
EmptyGarden:

Your hard earned money and you had to wait for 3 hours to do the needful? Moreover, shouldn't your bank app or phone be password-protected? I use thumb print on mine for instance.... So the question is, how did they do it? Well, password or not, the first thing I'd do is block my SIM and that shouldn't take 3 hours.
they can use your sim to o withdraw cash from your account. That's why i set pin on my sim. If you off my phone or insert the sim in another phone, there will be a sim pin prompt which if you don't have.....na bad market for the thief.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
The person that did it is close to you.

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by kehinde2436(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
In order to avoid such re-occurrence, it is advisable we all Password our sim card. This way, it isn't possible for anyone without the sim password to access USSD, make calls or send SMS using the stolen phone.

1 Like

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Samakus(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Once your phone got lost, borrow any phone you see and press the codes for blocking of your account. It's the first thing we should do!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nollyvin(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Password your SIM, if you don't have your PUK no, call your service provider. You will be asked few questions and it will be sent to you.
So sorry about your lost.

3 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by osazuwa23: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Did you write down the imei and backup your information on icloud. If you wrote the imei down have apple register the phone as stolen so whenever he needs to get it fixed or he sells it on craiglist it be marked down as stolen. i dont know about nigeria but in america they always ask for imei. as for credit cards you just have to freeze account and hope bank refudns money
taylor89:
Good evening all I’m gonna make this very brief plz I need help

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

I had to call MTN too to block my SIM

Please is it possible to get the person tracked and arrested

Modes please move to front page Lemme know my next action thanks

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by damosade(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
BE WISE..DEACTIVATE SMS RELY ON E MAIL AND YOUR APP ONLY. IF U SEND FUND TO ME, I CONFIRM THROUGH MY E MAIL OR APP... I DONT EVEN TRUST SMS. IF U DEACTIVATE SMS, YOUR SMS BANKING WONT WORK.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Jahwinaboy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na wa o. Banks need to be swift in catching the fraudster. Though they have frozen the account, more efforts
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Aklee4994(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
See Street fraudsters and internet fraudster...you Dey jonze make you disembark from that careless capping bruh
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by AlhajiNatty(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sorry for this bro! You should have Sim locked your phone. Kara oma nwanne.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Paperbag(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

They didn’t open my phone I guess they did all via USSD, I never thought this could be possible till the banker told me they would reset my password via sms. The stolen phone didn’t have my bank app on it either

Next time dont just password your phone
Password your sim also ...

Many person don't know you can use a password for sim making it useless when used in another phone
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Someone stole my phone this morning and within 3hrs i opened my bank app only to realize they’ve taken over 180k from my account with the bank description of “intrabank charges”

I called UBA immediately and still went to their branch they got my account frozen with the account where the money was transferred to because it’s also a UBA account

I’ve written the letter they asked me to write and they said they’ll get back to me within 5 working days

Now since there’s a valid recipient account where the money was transferred to is there no way I can catch the culprit with help of the police? My iPhone 11promax of barely 6months gone with money

NB: both my account and fraudsters account where he sent the money to has been frozen by UBA because we use same bank

Let's help you track the phone... Fast easy and affordable
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by iamme1234(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Give him some time to clear my hard earned money? Really lol it’s all cruise till it happens to you or someone dear to you

So what do you want him to say or what advice do you want.
He gave you a good point, here you are vexxing
Okay go to police station and report because there is no IPO HERE TP ATTEND TO YOU.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by lookingfly: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
tolue42:
Please how do we activate sim lock?
keep your PUK handy when setting sim pin. Go to settings, sim settings, then set sim pin etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Aadetola1(m): 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
First thing after your phone was stolen should have been you calling your network provider to block your SIM.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

So your SIM does not have a PIN
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by olak4gold(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

Since the bank had the details of the frozen account holder, I believe the coast is clear to retrieve your phone. Engage the police because the bank won't divulge his personal information to you.
However, enable sim lock to all your financial SIM cards to avoid recurrences.
I wish you success in your quest to recovering your phone and hard earned money.

4 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by ipobarethieves: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
sad half job well done.i mean only the bank and police go help u unmask the thief cos his mandate card/address Dey uba system.Wish Nah FBN,I for help u

2 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by iPresh4s(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
No SIM Lock?
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by mkoabiola: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

But ussd can only do daily transfer of 20k.

How come?

2 Likes

Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Danchibez: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
taylor89:

That is why it is good to do SIM LOCK of all ur phone number linked with ur bank
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Paperbag(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Swealy:
Same thing happened to me ooo

Just last week my phone was stolen and all my money transferred to another account.

The person sef change my email password linked to my account

Now I put password on my phone, my sim, I use AppLock for apps, proton mail is my new mail super secure, and also add 2 step authentication recovery mail and phone number, Google authentication and codes to my most important mail

Good way to go boss
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by YWNWA(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please initiate SIM lock on your SIM that receives alert so you don't fall prey next time.
Re: Someone Stole My Phone And Withdrew Over N180k From My Account Within 3hrs by Drogunov: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
MrImole:
Sorry for your loss Sir!

I promise you that within 9,545,398 working days, your bank will rectify it.

Mook!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun Monarch Burnt To Death As Arsonists Set Palace On Fire / Man Beats Up His Partner Till She Bleeds Then Boasts That He's From Royal Family / 10-Year-Old Armed Robber Arrested In Bayelsa, Confesses (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.