Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. (56066 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Jesus Was Tempted But Always Overcame. / Head-scratching Question 8(Christ tempted In The wilderness For 40 Days) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by genkins(m): 11:25am On Dec 10, 2022
Apart from refraining taking Wht is not your but know this and know peace.. The 200 dolls is not going to any God. Same with your 100 naira.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by jessylaurel(f): 11:26am On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin
You don't even know the year you went to church
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2022
David eat consecrated bread that he wasn't supposed to eat because he was hungry.

I'll leave it at that.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Olaolex: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2022
It seem mods are doing end of the year sanitation today. They are just throwing old posts to front page today.

To the op, this little act of your show that you are a very diciplined man. God will continue to bless you sir.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by chessguru(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Dollar in a naira environment....
no such thing as naira envelope
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Olaolex: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.
Only a fool says God does not exist. You call yourself enemy of what does not exist, are you not a bigger fool?
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Ever8090: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

who be this goat?
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by kwasoly(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin

What is the name of the movie?
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by staga: 12:12pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Congrats, you passed the test. Every promotion to the next level comes with a test. Sadly many "Christians" will fail it. There are numerous stories and hidden cam videos of ushers and church workers pilfering from the offering or tithe boxes.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:13pm On Dec 10, 2022
God knew that you need that money more than the place or worship.. he intentionally blessed you but see as religion no allow u see this blessing.. u can guest the rest

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by obinna58(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2022
See your mouth, I'm avoiding curse but you're cursed already that's the reason you missed this opportunity to better your life.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by confydoedowaye(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
How come the church cashier skipped that envelop? A rich member must have dropped the offering. Ok... Spiritually everything happened for that money to come to u. It was not ur money but taking it and giving same to the poor would not be wrong either. Rich members will always bring another one. The ways of man is not the ways of the spirit...
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by nedekid: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2022
In all honesty, I would have taken the money. Then paid my offering.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Ferdinandu(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2022
lrman:

Going by the logic of the bolded..Most nigerian politicians and their children should be carrying curse and dying and also living in abject poverty.. . but many of them are living fine , enjoying life abroad and their fathers are even reaching old age.......argue with facts please..

It is good to have integrity and avoid taking what is not your own and I will commend anyone for that.....but connecting it to curse is myopic...

God do not need your offering to eat or drink or feed...
Na you understand this life my brother. We were all born without memory of anything,we were fed with information available to the current generation fed to it by the last Generation as received from the previous so the cycle continues generation after generation. Most hardly question the veracity of that information, they just pass it to the next. That is how ignorance and lies spread and accepted as knowledge and truth
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by EmmyDJourno: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2022
You have done well bro
You acted better than I would have done
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Karrrion: 12:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
I commend your effort, very right decision u made there bro. May the Good Lord bless u abundantly
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by alizma: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Dollar in a naira environment....
Na so una take talk say Buhari promised una $1 to #1.
All through the message, E get anytime wey op take mentioned naira envelope? But you choose to invent that for yourself, ok continue.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Elsueno: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
That's very commendable.

But, if I was still going to church & this opportunity chance my way, I go take that money & spend am!!! I don't believe in giving money to churches just so pastor can enjoy life, exotic cars & private jet grin
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by BusinessPlan22: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
You did well, never take what does not belong to you especially in God's house,its an automatic curse.

It's a sin... There's no curse anywhere.
Leave religion alone
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by PerfecttTouch: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

How can you be an enemy to something you don't believe it exist?

That's sign of ment
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Ashirioluwa: 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2022
This is good because it's a sin to steal from God, but I don't think this church of yours is in Nigeria.

This story of yours might be true, but it is hard to believe. The more I read the story, the more confused I am, because you must be very rich to drop $100 as an offering in a country where many state governments can't afford to pay the 30k minimum wage.

Even in a country like the US, people go to church with their $1, $2, and $5 bills for offerings.

Whatever the case, this is Nigeria, where everything is possible.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Oyiboman69: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2022
alizma:

Na so una take talk say Buhari promised una $1 to #1.
All through the message, E get anytime wey op take mentioned naira envelope? But you choose to invent that for yourself, ok continue.
environment, not envelope. the envelope na imported second hand one wen dollars go dey inside?

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Greenfaces: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Yeah but 200dollars was quite small for the test. Your real faith would have been tested if the amount was something that could change your life altogether. Maybe enough to start a serious business where you would be able to repay what you took after a while. If that happened to me, I'd take the money � work and come back there one day to repay it with profit. The sender already knows he was parting away with it and he has been rewarded irrespective of whose hands it got to. Money and alms is meant for the needy and not for the already rich ones.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by salem1996: 12:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist.9

Everyone wish to stay relevant by all means, so your comment is fully understood
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by gigabyte13: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2022
E happen to me recently, l open Church envelope to put #100, l see #500, l tell the usher sha.......
No be church l go take start wertin l no sabi do .
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by salem1996: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2022
PerfecttTouch:

How can you be an enemy to something you don't believe it exist?

That's sign of ment

Most Nigerian Atheist are either broke or confuse people. A little food will bribe them out of that belief grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Silentgroper(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

What if God does and satan doesnt....
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Silentgroper(m): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Cashout works in mysterious ways but OP is not aware.
Oloun!!

op don jonze..

one of d ushers fit move am las las sef..
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by IamAsiri: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2022
laiperi:
God is wonderful. Invisible hand kept the money for you since the previous Sunday and you reject God's blessings.

God know say job you no get, to feed na wahala, to drink na soso you dey depend on someone. God see your heart say e good.

If you nor want, why you nor change the money and distribute it to beggers. You carry good money go give pastor wey dey enjoy. If say you be woman, you for visit pastor sef.

God don fes!

Do you even know what you are saying? Money that someone else already dropped as an offering to God/pastor.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Hezzyluv: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2022
Greenfaces:

Yeah but 200dollars was quite small for the test. Your real faith would have been tested if the amount was something that could change your life altogether. Maybe enough to start a serious business where you would be able to repay what you took after a while. If that happened to me, I'd take the money � work and come back there one day to repay it with profit. The sender already knows he was parting away with it and he has been rewarded irrespective of whose hands it got to. Money and alms is meant for the needy and not for the already rich ones.

You're not far from the 2rut. But I still barely had $20 that time
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by oluala881: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:

If God does not exist then why is your nairaland name is enemy of God? Why do you see yourself as enemy to what you belief does not exist? That means you are confuse or you don't really have understanding of your belief. The fact that you are an enemy to something is an automatic belief of the existence of such thing. In any way God exist and the fact that you are alive today is enough evidence that God exist. You are a living testimony of HIS existence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Church Notice About Keeping Of Phones, Wallets, Handbags Goes Viral / What Will Be The Fate Of Samuel Akinbodunse, Now That Buhari Has Won? / Prince Kpokpogri: Tonto Dikeh Stole My Lexus SUV Worth ₦67 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.