Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,392 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. (56064 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Jesus Was Tempted But Always Overcame. / Head-scratching Question 8(Christ tempted In The wilderness For 40 Days) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by tayo4ng(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin
It's once happened to me also, I saw 1000 note inside the offering envelope when am about to give 100 offering, that God I was not tempted to take it home
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by dyera(m): 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Cashout works in mysterious ways but OP is not aware.

No mind the mumu. Someone gave God $200, God redirected it to him because he has been praying to him for financial breakthrough, and he returned it back to God because of fear.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Revolva(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2022
i go take d money na my luck
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by dyera(m): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2022
tayo4ng:
It's once happened to me also, I saw 1000 note inside the offering envelope when am about to give 100 offering, that God I was not tempted to take it home

You Africans are very foolish. You believe that God is your father, and any money given to the church is given to God, yet you are afraid to take money that was given to God when it falls on your lap.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Galaxydon1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
What if has answered ur prayers and decided to bless you through that means, all this ignorant church people.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by massingale(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2022
That guy's comment to you is hilarious... "Na your father house na, him don bless you" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by einsteine(m): 3:04pm On Dec 10, 2022
Pastoshizzy:
Time to choose. GOD or Mormon? If he takes the dollar he will definately won't be able to worship GOD.

So you don't know the difference between Mormon and mammon
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Pastoshizzy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2022
einsteine:

So you don't know the difference between Mormon and mammon
spelling error. I know the difference. I just corrected it.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Isabi4lov: 3:17pm On Dec 10, 2022
Sometimes we dey skip some envelopes but not like that sha , I no sure say we fit skip that kind money ...
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by essentialone(m): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2022
That money wey you no gree flex, na pastor go still flex ma. Your mumu never do. That one clear.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nyanabo(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2022
That's impressive. It takes a willfully mind to resist temptation.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by SPAMBOX7: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2022
You did well, never take what does not belong to you especially in God's house,its an automatic curse.
The Bible only said the rest. Not the @embolden una too dey quick add salt for everything.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by honcdm(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2022
You did well brother and it could be a way God want to try your faith in him..your reward is imminent...that cash for don even finished under 1month no matter how you try to save it as you are unemployed..tumbs
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Anonymoususher: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2022
I had a similar experience two Sundays ago in my church DCC (David Christian Center).

I opened the envelop in my sit to put my offering but found money inside the envelop I picked.

I asked the two people beside me if it is theirs they said no, I just added my own money inside it (plus the old one) and dropped in the offering basket
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by fohlarp: 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2022
Its jst a test frm God wen u will reap it wld be a surprise. Ow can one take anoda prsn thg n not being remorseful is bad u will reap it as am reapg mine nw d kind door God open 4 me still dey shock me sef, as in ppl wey even sabi me sef dey reasn am say na because of fear of God.if u take am go be frm one problem to anoda we are where we are today cos of our past actns
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Gboliwe: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin

Your conscience is still alive. Many have killed there's
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Ifakiland(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Weda you take the money or not....e no mean say you go enter heaven....so no come dey feel like you do better thing
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by omolayomi06: 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2022
May God open your eyes of understanding
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by onlinestaff2020: 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You be serious MUMU of the year.
You deserve to win the award "MUMU OF THE YEAR, 2022".

God decided to bless you with $200 and you spit it back to God, na wah oh!

If you tell this to the pastor of that your church, he will even be amazed at your foolishness because you just gave them an extra cash to flex at Sheraton Hotels and eat the best of meals and fuuuck tight cuunts.

You no sharp!
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by maasoap(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo grin

The reason why you returned it was not a very sincere one. You literally returned that money because of fear not because you are honest. You should have returned it based on principle, honest and integrity. You should have kept the money since you didn't consider all those factors important because the reason why you returned it is nothing but bullshitt
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by maasoap(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2022
Galaxydon1:
What if has answered ur prayers and decided to bless you through that means, all this ignorant church people.

grin grin grin
What really annoys me is that he returned it because of fear of the repercussion, something that is not real. The reason why he returned that money should have been about what his personality is.

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2022
lrman:

Going by the logic of the bolded..Most nigerian politicians and their children should be carrying curse and dying and also living in abject poverty.. . but many of them are living fine , enjoying life abroad and their fathers are even reaching old age.......argue with facts please..

It is good to have integrity and avoid taking what is not your own and I will commend anyone for that.....but connecting it to curse is myopic...

God do not need your offering to eat or drink or feed...

He needs it to beautify the place of His sanctuary and make the place of His feet glorious.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by lereinter(m): 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2022
Thank God you passed the temptation

It wasn't easy

Just forget it
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by KennethEnyi(m): 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Those voices that were talking to you not to take the money were very wicked voices
Now see… you’re going to remain in poverty for all eternity
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Zse1: 3:39am On Dec 11, 2022
grin
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by RealTalkNoBull: 5:09am On Dec 11, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You just bought you Pastor's wife new Gucci shades.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by DoxxAnon: 6:11am On Dec 11, 2022
… and then you see the pastor dripping in designer clothes or in flashy cars or holidaying in choice destinations while writing captions glorifying God… it wasn’t God that did it, it was the money in the envelopes.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by orisa37: 7:17am On Dec 11, 2022
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN.
THOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD THY GOD AND HIM ONLY SHALL THOU SERVE.
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by chypotenti(m): 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bros OP you do well but if na me, I go carry that money...simple grin grin cheesy grin grin
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Wuppdex: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
You're are jobless but still donate offering every Sunday to a well fed pastor, hmmm why black man.

Hezzyluv:

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Wuppdex: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
The God of Africa is not organized and merciful compared to the God of Europe and Asia then, since underdevelopment, poverty and hunger are paramount in his region. Blackman and religion COMLEX INDEED sad

GlobTrotter:
but you exist.

It is foolishness to think that as complex as you are, as organised as the world system is, as complex as the galaxy is, it just happened?

Only a fool says there is no God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Church Notice About Keeping Of Phones, Wallets, Handbags Goes Viral / What Will Be The Fate Of Samuel Akinbodunse, Now That Buhari Has Won? / Prince Kpokpogri: Tonto Dikeh Stole My Lexus SUV Worth ₦67 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.