Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. (56048 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Jesus Was Tempted But Always Overcame. / Head-scratching Question 8(Christ tempted In The wilderness For 40 Days) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Hezzyluv: 7:33am On Nov 21, 2021
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin

611 Likes 40 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Hashabiah: 7:40am On Nov 21, 2021
You tried my brother. But did you noticed that when those voices were speaking to you, it was confirmed through your friend's opinion? Such is the power of temptation

304 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2021
Very impressive decision in spite of the temptations.

Even your friend would have learnt something from you then with your action than all you may have been telling him prior with your mouth.

May the good Lord remember you for putting the devil to shame. In Jesus name. Amen.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by SportsHD: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2021
I commend you for not taking what's not yours. You already have a seat in heaven grin

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2021
You did well, never take what does not belong to you especially in God's house,its an automatic curse.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Hezzyluv: 8:04am On Nov 21, 2021
Hashabiah:
You tried my brother. But did you noticed that when those voices were speaking to you, it was confirmed through your friend's opinion? Such is the power of temptation

Thank you, I'm happy not carrying guilt around

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Hezzyluv: 8:05am On Nov 21, 2021
Iyaebe:
You did well, never take what does not belong to you especially in God's house,its an automatic curse.

Too trrue

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by EnemyofGod22(m): 8:25am On Nov 21, 2021
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by laiperi: 2:11am On May 07, 2022
God is wonderful. Invisible hand kept the money for you since the previous Sunday and you reject God's blessings.

God know say job you no get, to feed na wahala, to drink na soso you dey depend on someone. God see your heart say e good.

If you nor want, why you nor change the money and distribute it to beggers. You carry good money go give pastor wey dey enjoy. If say you be woman, you for visit pastor sef.

God don fes!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by VeryWickedMan: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2022
Cashout works in mysterious ways but OP is not aware.

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by LiveWithIt: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2022
Difficult, but the better decision you have made

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Zeddyzed: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2022
Self-control is always a good thing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nwadu: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2022
You have been warned
Henceforth you shouldn't put anything less than #200 as your offering

3 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Oyiboman69: 10:02am On Dec 10, 2022
Dollar in a naira environment....

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Pwettylinda(f): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2022
grin
Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by mrkings84(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
God is good
All the time!!

Just maybe God wanted to meet ur need through that medium, but you declined....

However your action shows you have a living conscience.

May God bless you if the story is actually true.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Nonexisting1: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
You overcame the temptation. Buhari has miraculously turned N200 in 2021 to now worth N20 in 2022. Imagine having to beg God to forgive you for stealing his N20. Thinking of thieves who were shot in the 80s for stealing N100, I wonder how they feel in their graves now. Oh na 200 dollar? Well you try.

11 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Wickedfactss(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Cashout works in mysterious ways but OP is not aware.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by lrman(m): 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
So I went to the church one certain Sunday, I think this year or so. Prior to time of offering, the the church normally gives envelope for it. Perhaps, to avoid others seeing what you will drop in the basket.

And an usher gave me my own offering envelope, i dipped hand in my Pucket and removed #100 from it to put as offering. On opening the envelope, I was surprised because, I saw 2mints of $100 note. I think someone might have dropped it as offering the previous Sunday and the ushers skipped it when they opened and removed money from other envelopes.

The mind as usual started dropping devilish thoughts like, you know you don't have nice phone. You know the money in your bank account is not up to $30 let alone $200. You know you don't have a job..... All the you knows and plenty what-if's kept ringing in my head. I decided to show a friend seating beside me, the answer he gave me surprised me and goes thus... "Na your father house na, him don bless you".... I started pondering on na your father's house na your father's house if you carry the $200, drop your #100 nothing go happen. But one tiny thought said to me, what if you do this single act and curse followz you? shocked

That was how I put my #100 note inside the envelope 2geda with the $200 when it was time for offering, I just dropped everything inside the basket. After the church service, my friend came to me and said" find me something na. And I told him, me don drop the money back because, I no get that mind. He now said even me I come rethink am sey e no good make you carry the money."

looked back and was happy I didnt go with the money because, any little -tive thing that happens to me, I might be saying "maybe na because of that money wey you carry from church ooo"grin

Going by the logic of the bolded..Most nigerian politicians and their children should be carrying curse and dying and also living in abject poverty.. . but many of them are living fine , enjoying life abroad and their fathers are even reaching old age.......argue with facts please..

It is good to have integrity and avoid taking what is not your own and I will commend anyone for that.....but connecting it to curse is myopic...

God do not need your offering to eat or drink or feed...

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by premierlead: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
That was how you missed your miracle...this should have been a pleasant thread for Sunday like tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Xbobtage: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2022
Your brain lets you know that you are about to take what is not yours, cheating and stealing is something even a child would know is wrong without anyone ever telling them.

What is also wrong is intentionally encouraging or supporting a Thief or a Cheat or Bully. You are also committing the same Offence in the Eyes of God.

While we are all commending this good man for not taking what was his, I wanted to use the same opportunity to inform you that amongst the Top Presidential Aspirants Obi is light years better by every yard stick, Just imagine rather than the usual Stealing allegations, What we are hearing is complaints that he saved 85 Billion Naira(honestly an equivalent of over 300 Billion at todays exchange rate) or he is too stingy, on the other thread a commenter was arguing seriously about how Peter Obi could have remembered that he played football with Peter Odilli and he shouldnt be voted for based on this.

Nigerians have simply because of Tribalism forgotten that we are a country of dangerously corrupt officials who are out there to literally eat you alive whether you are related to them or not.

Peter Obi could have simply not moved forward beyond the PDP Primaries and this country would have already moved into a pathway to darkness because of greedy politicians who would rather sink this country for their selfish reason. Let no one deceive you, Tribalism is as dangerous as Corruption, Marginalization of any section especially a major section of our country is guaranteed path to our destruction. You may not like it but rotation of presidency between the zones is very important to our stability as a nation. Anyone trying to convince otherwise has sold their conscience.

In true spirit of One Nigeria, and the belief that NO one tribe in this United project is a Slave to another, We should all be supporting Peter Obi. If these other political parties were bringing out really outstanding contestants people like Amina Mohammed, or Adesina of AFDB Bank or Okonjo Iweala, then we can maybe think about it as whether it is worth it that a major Nigerian Tribe is being left out of the presidential contest but instead imagine the kind of Presidential Aspirants these people expect us to sell our conscience for. If truly BAT wins this election which is very unlikely the turn can only back to the south in 16years, this is going to be 16 years of tribal insurgency and restiveness coming from disenfranchised youths from that region, all so that a person with a resume like BAT can be president?

The screams of marginalisation and Bigotism against the igbos by their people is killing the morale of the Nigerian Project, tearing our acountry apart, chasing away Foreign Investments and giving this country an Overall Bad Outlook.

No single person who considers theirself a Child of God, or a Good Person who believes in fairness and Equity should be cheering or enabling any one or group who is behind this Marginalization of a Major tribe of our Country. We have to move beyond the history of the Civil War so this country can heal and an Igbo president is a good way to do that. Dont make your decision based on insult online posters because you want to purnish them. If the fact that Obi is a young, corrupt free prudent manager of money is not good enough for you, then vote him because of your that nice igbo neighbor, or customer or childhood friend or teacher or that Igbo policeman at the round about under rain and under sun, let them know that we are all in this together,

The fact that Obi is still running leaves the door of the possibility to right this wrong open, knowing he is a Prudent, Humble and genuinely good person is an additional icing on the cake.

This country is our only home, dont let Greedy politicians steal your conscience for a piece of cake.

God Bless us all

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Dubs(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2022
A true born again Christian in da zoogeria

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by toffyz(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2022
Lol

U don gonk ham bro

Na another person go chop your reward

Pele ti e baba

Sorry o

5 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by Karleb(m): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2022
You should have taken the 200 dollar. The money is yours.

We need to understand that God doesn't come down from heaven to collect offerings. It goes to the purse of certain individuals.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by OBUKOMENA: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2022
Chai!!! Thread is over a year old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by ViceGovernor: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2022
Oga Ur story na lie undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by joyandfaith: 10:05am On Dec 10, 2022
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

You don't exist too.

13 Likes

Re: I Was Tempted In The Church $$, And I Did This. by SURElee(f): 10:05am On Dec 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:

I happened to me also, I took an envelope one day, opened it to drop my money in it and I see #20naira inside.

I alerted the counters. And took another envelope for my own offering.

Every little act of honesty counts in life.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Customer Gave Me Heavenly Currency Last Sunday. / Flesh Eater, Demonic Prostitute Exposed In Lagos Crusade(pics). / Prophet Victory Ibe Buys A Car, Flaunts Bundles Of Cash In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.