Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Do Spirits Exist? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Spirits Exist? (6804 Views)

Do Spirits Control The Physical? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Dummy here is you with a complete failure of cogitative reasoning. You just said you have no way of knowing how things work outside yet you know that this is a simulation working on a processor. How dumb are you really?

We are back to your Matrix reaction.
They ONLY used the speed of light to deduce that we are likely in a simulation. That’s ALL. They didn’t then go into their increasing the speed or their source of energy or such They’d be fools if they did.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Kai! This one don kolo. LMFAO!

All I know is some of these people know something the rest of humanity don’t, and I believe this knowledge was handed to them somehow. Here’s Musk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jkRcrM6XKA
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

No you are the one not having the discussion with because you don't seem to use the organ between your ears. You are saying that the speed of light is constant therefore it shows that it's a simulation, what you don't understand is there are not talking about what the speed is but how it is measured. You don't even understand the concepts you are trying to discussion so how are you worth discussing with.

Also when you put a wall the speed of light doesn't turn to zero, instead the light reflects off the wall which is why you can see the wall because the light is come into your eyes from the wall. If it turned to zero then walls will always be black or invisible. You don't understand scientific concepts, it is obvious.

About it being only the measurement of speed of light, YOU ARE WRONG. See below.

Stop talking nonsense - if you put a wall you stop the light from going forward, which is what we are talking about - it will never get to the person on other side of the wall

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

About it being only the measurement of speed of light, YOU ARE WRONG. See below.

Stop talking nonsense - if you put a wall you stop the light from going forward, which is what we are talking about - it will never get to the person on other side of the wall

You don't even understand what you seeing. The concept is no matter what speed you are when you take the measurement the speed of light is constant. So even if you where moving at close to c the light will still be c. Learn how to understand instead of just quoting websites you don't understand.

That the light doesn't get to the observer doesn't mean its speed has turned to zero. You are just an airhead making useless arguments.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

We are back to your Matrix reaction.
They ONLY used the speed of light to deduce that we are likely in a simulation. That’s ALL. They didn’t then go into their increasing the speed or their source of energy or such They’d be fools if they did.

How can they deduce that we are in a simulation running on a processor but fail to account for what that means. Do you need to be spoon fed everything that you think?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

All I know is some of these people know something the rest of humanity don’t, and I believe this knowledge was handed to them somehow. Here’s Musk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jkRcrM6XKA

You obviously like being spoon fed hence all this appeal to authority. Has Elon Musk gone outside the universe to see the simulators? Don't be freaking patsy, man.

LMFAO! Musk is even talking about the danger of AI in the video so how does that mean we are in a simulation? Are you even using your brain at all?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

You don't even understand what you seeing. The concept is no matter what speed you are when you take the measurement the speed of light is constant. So even if you where moving at close to c the light will still be c. Learn how to understand instead of just quoting websites you don't understand.

That the light doesn't get to the observer doesn't mean its speed has turned to zero. You are just an airhead making useless arguments.

That’s exactly what u disagreed with in your post, have you forgotten? Here’s what you wrote verbatim:
“what you don't understand is there are not talking about what the speed is but how it is measured“.
Bottom line: in our reality speed is relative EXCEPT the speed of light, which is constant for everything in the universe.

Stop arguing nonsense. We were talking about atmosphere slowing down light towards a direction and I used the extreme case of wall stopping it entirely TOWARDS THAT DIRECTION.
Stop talking dumb
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

How can they deduce that we are in a simulation running on a processor but fail to account for what that means. Do you need to be spoon fed everything that you think?

The fact that the speed of light exists outside physics and logic is a tip-off of some sort of simulation and the closest thing they can relate it to is a processor. Doesn’t mean it is a processor exactly as we know it
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

You obviously like being spoon fed hence all this appeal to authority. Has Elon Musk gone outside the universe to see the simulators? Don't be freaking patsy, man.

LMFAO! Musk is even talking about the danger of AI in the video so how does that mean we are in a simulation? Are you even using your brain at all?

The man was talking about this years ago. The man is the richest in the world based on knowing exactly what will happen on earth. If someone bets ALL his money on a thing and wins you can be sure someone tipped him off.
That’s what Musk did. Watch him below. He’s talking like someone who has SEEN it or has been handed info from an infallible source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0BIcv1Nwc0
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The man was talking about this years ago. The man is the richest in the world based on knowing exactly what will happen on earth. If someone bets ALL his money on a thing and wins you can be sure someone tipped him off.
That’s what Musk did. Watch him below. He’s talking like someone who has SEEN it or has been handed info from an infallible source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0BIcv1Nwc0

LMFAO! Many people have been pointing out the dangers of uncontrolled AI since the early 20th century, I dunno why Musk saying it is making you giddy. Beside Musk did not make his money in AI so what has his his money making skill got to do with it.

Stop with the fanboyism and cultivate understanding and reasoning.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The fact that the speed of light exists outside physics and logic is a tip-off of some sort of simulation and the closest thing they can relate it to is a processor. Doesn’t mean it is a processor exactly as we know it

LMFAO! How is light outside of physics for Andromeda's sake? Stopping talking all these loquacious beer parlour nonsense.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! Many people have been pointing out the dangers of uncontrolled AI since the early 20th century, I dunno why Musk saying it is making you giddy. Beside Musk did not make his money in AI so what has his his money making skill got to do with it.

Stop with the fanboyism and cultivate understanding and reasoning.

Mention another notable person who started warning about AI even b4 internet.
Below is an acknowledged genius astro physicist. Is he also a fanboy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXcgBfi4xxo
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

That’s exactly what u disagreed with in your post, have you forgotten? Here’s what you wrote verbatim:
“what you don't understand is there are not talking about what the speed is but how it is measured“.
Bottom line: in our reality speed is relative EXCEPT the speed of light, which is constant for everything in the universe.

Stop arguing nonsense. We were talking about atmosphere slowing down light towards a direction and I used the extreme case of wall stopping it entirely TOWARDS THAT DIRECTION.
Stop talking dumb

I said the constancy of the speed of light is not that it is always constant, not even in vacuum is it always constant but it refers to the methods of measurement.

The speed of light is not constant everywhere in the universe that is what yoiu don't understand and your misunderstanding is fueling your delusions. Read and cure your ignorance: https://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/speed_of_light.html

You are the one talking nonsense. Even though the observer can not see the light only you with your caveman antics thinks it means the light has zero velocity, anyone with a decent understanding knows that the light has only been redirected. Caveman watching Matrix. LMFAO!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

One of the earliest authors to express serious concern that highly advanced machines might pose existential risks to humanity was the novelist Samuel Butler, who wrote the following in his 1863 essay Darwin among the Machines:[11]

The upshot is simply a question of time, but that the time will come when the machines will hold the real supremacy over the world and its inhabitants is what no person of a truly philosophic mind can for a moment question.

In 1951, computer scientist Alan Turing wrote an article titled Intelligent Machinery, A Heretical Theory, in which he proposed that artificial general intelligences would likely "take control" of the world as they became more intelligent than human beings:

Let us now assume, for the sake of argument, that [intelligent] machines are a genuine possibility, and look at the consequences of constructing them... There would be no question of the machines dying, and they would be able to converse with each other to sharpen their wits. At some stage therefore we should have to expect the machines to take control, in the way that is mentioned in Samuel Butler's "Erewhon".[12]

Finally, in 1965, I. J. Good originated the concept now known as an "intelligence explosion"; he also stated that the risks were underappreciated:[13]

Let an ultraintelligent machine be defined as a machine that can far surpass all the intellectual activities of any man however clever. Since the design of machines is one of these intellectual activities, an ultraintelligent machine could design even better machines; there would then unquestionably be an 'intelligence explosion', and the intelligence of man would be left far behind. Thus the first ultraintelligent machine is the last invention that man need ever make, provided that the machine is docile enough to tell us how to keep it under control. It is curious that this point is made so seldom outside of science fiction. It is sometimes worthwhile to take science fiction seriously.[14]
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! How is light outside of physics for Andromeda's sake? Stopping talking all these loquacious beer parlour nonsense.

In traditional physics things are logical. Let’s say light is shined from rest the speed will be C as measured by someone at rest. Logically, if light is shined from a car moving at 90m/hr, it’s speed should be C + 90. That’s logic, that’s traditional physics, and it’s true for everything in the universe EXCEPT LIGHT. With light the speed stays C, no more, no less!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

In traditional physics things are logical. Let’s say light is shined from rest the speed will be C as measured by someone at rest. Logically, if light is shined from a car moving at 90m/hr, it’s speed should be C + 90. That’s logic, that’s traditional physics, and it’s true for everything in the universe EXCEPT LIGHT. With light the speed stays C, no more, no less!

How is does this mean it is outside physics when Einstein reconciled this deficiency with his theories of relativity? Is Einstein's theories no longer physics? Boy, you are out of your depth, just stop embarrassing yourself. LMFAO!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

I said the constancy of the speed of light is not that it is always constant, not even in vacuum is it always constant but it refers to the methods of measurement.

The speed of light is not constant everywhere in the universe that is what yoiu don't understand and your misunderstanding is fueling your delusions. Read and cure your ignorance: https://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SpeedOfLight/speed_of_light.html

You are the one talking nonsense. Even though the observer can not see the light only you with your caveman antics thinks it means the light has zero velocity, anyone with a decent understanding knows that the light has only been redirected. Caveman watching Matrix. LMFAO!

I thought you’ve stopped talking nonsense. YOU ARE WRONG! Has nothing to do with method of measurement. I don’t know if you missed this part of your reference (see below).

Stop talking like an infant or we can’t discuss. Of course light is redirected in any situation that’s not a vacuum. Do we consider that when we say light slowed down? No. We have to assume we both know certain things or we can’t discuss. When we talk of speed of light we are not talking of all the deflections and refractions

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

How is does this mean it is outside physics when Einstein reconciled this deficiency with his theories of relativity? Is Einstein's theories no longer physics? Boy, you are out of your depth, just stop embarrassing yourself. LMFAO!

Do you even read my screenshots. See the circled below. IT IS OUTSIDE COASSICAL PHYSICS!!

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

One of the earliest authors to express serious concern that highly advanced machines might pose existential risks to humanity was the novelist Samuel Butler, who wrote the following in his 1863 essay Darwin among the Machines:[11]

The upshot is simply a question of time, but that the time will come when the machines will hold the real supremacy over the world and its inhabitants is what no person of a truly philosophic mind can for a moment question.

In 1951, computer scientist Alan Turing wrote an article titled Intelligent Machinery, A Heretical Theory, in which he proposed that artificial general intelligences would likely "take control" of the world as they became more intelligent than human beings:

Let us now assume, for the sake of argument, that [intelligent] machines are a genuine possibility, and look at the consequences of constructing them... There would be no question of the machines dying, and they would be able to converse with each other to sharpen their wits. At some stage therefore we should have to expect the machines to take control, in the way that is mentioned in Samuel Butler's "Erewhon".[12]

Finally, in 1965, I. J. Good originated the concept now known as an "intelligence explosion"; he also stated that the risks were underappreciated:[13]

Let an ultraintelligent machine be defined as a machine that can far surpass all the intellectual activities of any man however clever. Since the design of machines is one of these intellectual activities, an ultraintelligent machine could design even better machines; there would then unquestionably be an 'intelligence explosion', and the intelligence of man would be left far behind. Thus the first ultraintelligent machine is the last invention that man need ever make, provided that the machine is docile enough to tell us how to keep it under control. It is curious that this point is made so seldom outside of science fiction. It is sometimes worthwhile to take science fiction seriously.[14]

If I’m not mistaken none of the people you mentioned is a contemporary of Musk or even alive. How many of our current people, from Jack Ma of Alibaba to Gates to Bezos to US presidents, how many of them have you seen express any anxiety about AI??
All I know is, this Musk knows something, and he knows it for certain, and that knowledge is not from here
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

If I’m not mistaken none of the people you mentioned is a contemporary of Musk or even alive. How many of our current people, from Jack Ma of Alibaba to Gates to Bezos to US president, how many of them have you seen express any anxiety about AI??
All I know is, this Musk knows something, and he knows it for certain, and that knowledge is not from here

I said people have been warning about AI since the early 20th century and you asked for example of previous Internet and you are now saying it has to be a contemporary of Musk. Do you actually reason out the things you write? I have shown that people have been warning about AI for some time now so your Musk fanboyism is pretty pathetic.

FYI Gates is also a critic of AI.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Do you even read my screenshots. See the circled below. IT IS OUTSIDE COASSICAL PHYSICS!!

I'll assume classical physics is what you meant. Meanwhile this is your initial post again:
FreeIgboho:

You do not make the distinction that you mean classical physics and even when I challenged you you replied with:
FreeIgboho:

You still don't make the distinction. So its not my fault that you can't get your terms straight.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

I thought you’ve stopped talking nonsense. YOU ARE WRONG! Has nothing to do with method of measurement. I don’t know if you missed this part of your reference (see below).

Stop talking like an infant or we can’t discuss. Of course light is redirected in any situation that’s not a vacuum. Do we consider that when we say light slowed down? No. We have to assume we both know certain things or we can’t discuss. When we talk of speed of light we are not talking of all the deflections and refractions

Even when it is a vacuum light can be affected by gravity so the speed will change but dumbass like you doesn't know that but you're just regurgitating what you read with no understanding.

It is completely about measurement because if you're within the gravity field when that light speed changes you will not see the change but if you were outside it you'll see the change.

It's not my fault that you're trying to take shortcuts with these things because you want to use it to prove your nonsense. I will always drag you until you acknowledge your errors but of course once you do that then your narrative falls apart doesn't it. LMFAO!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Like how does Neil DeGrasse Tyson acknowledging Musk's prowess mean that Musk is right about our universe being a simulation? Appeal to authority and non sequitur fallacies.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

I said people have been warning about AI since the early 20th century and you asked for example of previous Internet and you are now saying it has to be a contemporary of Musk. Do you actually reason out the things you write? I have shown that people have been warning about AI for some time now so your Musk fanboyism is pretty pathetic.

FYI Gates is also a critic of AI.

Well someone in the 1950’s warning of dangers of social media is quite different from someone warning of it now. But it’s not only that, the Musk guy is VERY CONFIDENTLY prescient about many things. I mean the man said 15 years ago that there’d soon be only driverless vehicles. People laughed at him. He put his money there. Same with space - people laughed and told him only Governments, NASA, did that not individuals
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Even when it is a vacuum light can be affected by gravity so the speed will change but dumbass like you doesn't know that but you're just regurgitating what you read with no understanding.

It is completely about measurement because if you're within the gravity field when that light speed changes you will not see the change but if you were outside it you'll see the change.

It's not my fault that you're trying to take shortcuts with these things because you want to use it to prove your nonsense. I will always drag you until you acknowledge your errors but of course once you do that then your narrative falls apart doesn't it. LMFAO!

My friend, there is a speed limit in the universe (which logically shouldn’t be the case), and light is already at that speed - which is why you can’t increase it’s speed no matter what you do. If you still don’t understand, tell me and I’ll explain further
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Like how does Neil DeGrasse Tyson acknowledging Musk's prowess mean that Musk is right about our universe being a simulation? Appeal to authority and non sequitur fallacies.

Point is, the man seems to have insight into our universe that, to me, seems to have come from outside the earth, to have been handed to him somehow
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Well someone in the 1950’s warning of dangers of social media is quite different from someone warning of it now. But it’s not only that, the Musk guy is VERY CONFIDENTLY prescient about many things. I mean the man said 15 years ago that there’d soon be only driverless vehicles. People laughed at him. He put his money there. Same with space - people laughed and told him only Governments, NASA, did that not individuals

LMFAO! If anything those guys are even better than Musk because they didn't have the privilege of seeing some of the things Musk has seen. And besides there is no AI researcher that hasn't read Alan Turing so it is not inconceivable Musk already got his concerns from Turing's work.

When did Musk start going into space? And who was laughing at him? And do know how many billion dollars in he has gotten from NASA and the US military?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Point is, the man seems to have insight into our universe that, to me, seems to have come from outside the earth, to have been handed to him somehow

LMFAO! Kai! What a fanboy. You have now developed papal reverence for Musk. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

My friend, there is a speed limit in the universe (which logically shouldn’t be the case), and light is already at that speed - which is why you can’t increase it’s speed no matter what you do. If you still don’t understand, tell me and I’ll explain further

Other electromagnetic phenomenon are that speed, I dunno why light is making you giddy. Radio waves propagate at that speed as well for instance.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 6:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! If anything those guys are even better than Musk because they didn't have the privilege of seeing some of the things Musk has seen. And besides there is no AI researcher that hasn't read Alan Turing so it is not inconceivable Musk already got his concerns from Turing's work.

When did Musk start going into space? And who was laughing at him? And do know how many billion dollars in he has gotten from NASA and the US military?

It is different saying something in theory, not knowing quite what u r talking about, than saying something you’ve seen and KNOW, and you are the only one of your contemporaries seriously warning about it!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Other electromagnetic phenomenon are that speed, I dunno why light is making you giddy. Radio waves propagate at that speed as well for instance.

Stop acting dumb, because u r not. Point is there is a speed limit in the universe - and there is no logical reason why there should be one.
Not wether electrons and photons also have speed of light!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Stop acting dumb, because u r not. Point is there is a speed limit in the universe - and there is no logical reason why there should be one.
Not wether electrons and photons also have speed of light!

What reason should there be no limit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Lesson From Lilian Yeomans / Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils / Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.