Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,317 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

How Do Spirits Exist? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Spirits Exist? (6721 Views)

Do Spirits Control The Physical? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Nobody is out to hurt you, just try to be contented with whatever you have be it little or much that's what will help so that you won't keep expecting what is not possible all in the name of God and when you're disappointed you want everyone around you to delete God from their brains simply because you only worship for selfish reasons! cheesy

You won't admit that you wanted me to feel bad.....

Who cares??
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Crystyano:

You won't admit that you wanted me to feel bad.....
Who cares??
I just want you to learn a lesson!

This is your comment that i responded to:

Crystyano:

Repeat that one till you die!

Lesson for you: he who lives in a glass house shouldn't be the first to throw stones!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I just want you to learn a lesson!

This is your comment that i responded to:

Lesson for you: he who lives in a glass house shouldn't be the first to throw stones!

If you keep quoting me,
I don't think you will gain anything....
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

If you are looking for people with unusual insight wouldn't you have been seeking people who had not even seen AI yet but warned about it but yeah you're a fanboy so no wahala, enjoy your Musk worship. LMFAO!

They didn’t know what they were warning about! Their context was different from yours! They had no idea of internet or facial recognition or drones, etc.
What Musk is saying is that we’d one day be like pets to AI because the difference in intelligence will be like that between man and dog! Do you know what he said when he was asked if he believed in God?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
Crystyano:

If you keep quoting me,
I don't think you will gain anything....
Well i'm gaining the souls of observers who can see that being an atheist is worse than to be the most hopeless creature on this planet.

So they will continue making research to find the truth about God! smiley
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

I didn't you did. I said it was one of my reasons against the hypothesis.

It is an incoherent question because there is no way to understand anything beyond space and time. It is like asking what is north of the northpole.

Nope, I’ve always said we have no way of knowing what it is we don’t know.

If there is no way to understand anything beyond space and time, why are you insisting they are finite?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

How does quantum mechanics buttress the simulation hypothesis?

See below

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Nope, I’ve always said we have no way of knowing what it is we don’t know.

If there is no way to understand anything beyond space and time, why are you insisting they are finite?

It is precisely because they are finite that we cannot know what is beyond them. When you arrive at the northpole the question what is north of the northpole becomes a silly question because you have arrived at the place where all "norths" on earth take reference from. So it is with space and time, if you arrive at the bounds of space ad time it becomes an invalid question to ask what is beyond them. Space and time have boundaries beyond which our ability to contemplate can carry no meaning since space and time bounds everything that exists so it would tantamount to asking what exists beyond existence.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

They didn’t know what they were warning about! Their context was different from yours! They had no idea of internet or facial recognition or drones, etc.
What Musk is saying is that we’d one day be like pets to AI because the difference in intelligence will be like that between man and dog! Do you know what he said when he was asked if he believed in God?

Makes them even more special. Musk as seen and is talking they didn't see it but their minds could conceptualise even better than people who can see it.

What did he say?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

It is precisely because they are finite that we cannot know what is beyond them. When you arrive at the northpole the question what is north of the northpole becomes a silly question because you have arrived at the place where all "norths" on earth take reference from. So it is with space and time, if you arrive at the bounds of space ad time it becomes an invalid question to ask what is beyond them. Space and time have boundaries beyond which our ability to contemplate can carry no meaning since space and time bounds everything that exists so it would tantamount to asking what exists beyond existence.

I disagree. Space is nothing. Beyond nothing there can only be nothing. Time is now (in reality there is no past or present). Beyond now there can only be now. For them to be finite they’d have to redefine space and time!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Makes them even more special. Musk as seen and is talking they didn't see it but their minds could conceptualise even better than people who can see it.

What did he say?

Point is, what they were warning about is not Musk is warning about. What they were warning about actually never materialized.

Musk answered “not yet”. He said humans are building god without being aware of it. Eventually everyone’s info, habits, appearance, etc will be on Google, Facebook, etc. Eventually all this info will be linked. The AI that houses all that info will know everything about every human and their next move, even their thoughts - god!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

I disagree. Space is nothing. Beyond nothing there can only be nothing. Time is now (in reality there is no past or present). Beyond now there can only be now. For them to be finite they’d have to redefine space and time!

LoLz space is not nothing. From Einstein's theories we know that space and time act like a single thing called spacetime and is described as a "fabric" that can get warped by gravity. Again it is not nothing simply because it is largely devoid of matter, rather it is the "fabric" within which all of our physical universe is situated. We also know it is finite because we can trace the origins of its expansion by utilising the speed of the expansion.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Point is, what they were warning about is not Musk is warning about. What they were warning about actually never materialized.

Musk answered “not yet”. He said humans are building god without being aware of it. Eventually everyone’s info, habits, appearance, etc will be on Google, Facebook, etc. Eventually all this info will be linked. The AI that houses all that info will know everything about every human and their next move, even their thoughts - god!

What Musk is warning about has not materialised either so where is the difference.

Till then I guess. LoL
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

LoLz space is not nothing. From Einstein's theories we know that space and time act like a single thing called spacetime and is described as a "fabric" that can get warped by gravity. Again it is not nothing simply because it is largely devoid of matter, rather it is the "fabric" within which all of our physical universe is situated. We also know it is finite because we can trace the origins of its expansion by utilising the speed of the expansion.

That’s what I mean by redefine. In English language space is not fabric of any kind. Space is nothing, just as time is now
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

What Musk is warning about has not materialised either so where is the difference.

Till then I guess. LoL

But he is directly involved in it - he knows exactly what he is talking about.

What u think of this video? Rings true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6kaDaeDT8
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well i'm gaining the souls of observers who can see that being an atheist is worse than to be the most hopeless creature on this planet.

So they will continue making research to find the truth about God! smiley

How is this possible?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:13am On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

How is this possible?

With ATHEISM lots of things having to do with trusting your fellowman is impossible but with GOD all things (having good results) are possible! smiley
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:24am On Nov 26, 2021
FreeIgboho:

That’s what I mean by redefine. In English language space is not fabric of any kind. Space is nothing, just as time is now

So how is it expanding if it is nothing?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

Sewage
What a feeble punch!
Listen to your conscience!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2021
FreeIgboho:

But he is directly involved in it - he knows exactly what he is talking about.

What u think of this video? Rings true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy6kaDaeDT8

A response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9lfZAMF7HQ
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2021
FreeIgboho:

See below

I don't see how quantum mechanics is proving simulation hypothesis in what you posted.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 26, 2021
TenQ:

What a feeble punch!
Listen to your conscience!

Focus on your chicken...

I drank garri this morning....
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2021
FreeIgboho:

See below

The Article you linked is one of the reasons I made this statement:

LordReed:

Here's another reason I think the simulation hypothesis is fallacious. Thinking that because we can simulate part of our universe doesn't automatically infer that our universe is a simulation. Even if we could simulate the entire universe we still won't have the leeway to infer that the universe is actually a simulation.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 26, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

With ATHEISM lots of things having to do with trusting your fellowman is impossible but with GOD all things (having good results) are possible! smiley

Is it possible for you to give me anything except derogatory remarks

Even before anyone asks you for help,
You're already mocking.....

If you keep calling me names,
That will not make you special....
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

Focus on your chicken...

I drank garri this morning....

Kpele, Send your account number as it seems poverty is also your problem...
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
TenQ:

First Bank

Thanks....
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
TenQ:

Please....

Notify me here after sending it...

I'm using the account of someone like a father to me ...
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

Please....

Notify me here after sending it...

I'm using the account of someone like a father to me ...
LOL!!
Garri and water this early morning!!!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

First Bank

Thanks....
What a pity!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
TenQ:

What a pity!

Is that all??
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Crystyano:

Is that all??
LOL...shameless!!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
TenQ:

LOL...shameless!!

Congratulations!!!

You have spoken your mind!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

African Traditional Beliefs Concerning Animals / Islamophobia And The Hypocrisy Of Christianity / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.