Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

How Do Spirits Exist? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Spirits Exist? (6803 Views)

Do Spirits Control The Physical? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

Can you quote where I said I want absolute proof that a god exists?

I have said it before and lemme repeat here so that you'll see it, I do hold out a probability that a god exists and that probability is currently at 1%. That is how improbable I think of the possibility.

Meanwhile you have not answered any of the questions I posed to you and also note I did not mention god in any of the questions I asked, you are the one bringing up god. Note it so that when the discussion takes a turn that puts you in an untenable position you don't start laying blame elsewhere. LoL.

If you look at things objectively, it is way more than 1%, more like over 70%.
As for mentioning God, you atheists seem like one person to me. You folks have consistently demanded categorical proof of God’s existence
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

I know the difference between sci-fi speculation and real life. You seem incapable of that. That’s what I get.

Sci-fi speculations of yesterday are today’s reality. Ask Elon Musk where he got his ideas from
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

If you look at things objectively, it is way more than 1%, more like over 70%.
As for mentioning God, you atheists seem like one person to me. You folks have consistently demanded categorical proof of God’s existence

There we go, you are now adding bigotry to your repertoire. LoL

It is 1% in my estimation you can estimate it at 70% that is up to you, I on the other hand see no reason to since there isn't any objective proof of any god.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by KnownUnknown: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Sci-fi speculations of yesterday are today’s reality. Ask Elon Musk where he got his ideas from

Sci-fi about what man can achieve is different from the metaphysical claims that you are trying hard to conflate with it. Now, there’s nothing inherently wrong with conflating the two (The Matrix; 2001: A Space Odyssey; Aliens: Covenant), but don’t go around behaving as if it isn’t fiction.

Elon Musk is another non-authority your type like to cite. Cite what the man did to support your assertions, don’t just name drop and expect someone who doesn’t place people on a pedestal to acknowledge them.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The problem lies in definition of terms. I don’t think you quite get what is meant by analogy. See below

The problem is YOU don't stop at analogy. You actually believe this is the case, that there is some mindfuck control-from-beyond-space going on with no evidence except the fucking movie you like to talk about. LoL!

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Cogito is short for cogito ergo sum, smart ass cheesy

You were the one who brought up cogito ergo sum so how is it my problem if you think it is fallacious? LoL!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

There we go, you are now adding bigotry to your repertoire. LoL

It is 1% in my estimation you can estimate it at 70% that is up to you, I on the other hand see no reason to since there isn't any objective proof of any god.

People waaay smarter than you have all concluded that it is highly likely we are living in some sort of simulation. Simulation implies simulator(s) (God).
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Sci-fi about what man can achieve is different from the metaphysical claims that you are trying hard to conflate with it. Now, there’s nothing inherently wrong with conflating the two (The Matrix; 2001: A Space Odyssey; Aliens: Covenant), but don’t go around behaving as if it isn’t fiction.

Elon Musk is another non-authority your type like to cite. Cite what the man did to support your assertions, don’t just name drop and expect someone who doesn’t place people on a pedestal to acknowledge them.

Here you are, deciding what is possible and what man can achieve, when you don’t even have any objective way of being sure you yourself exist!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

The problem is YOU don't stop at analogy. You actually believe this is the case, that there is some mindfuck control-from-beyond-space going on with no evidence except the fucking movie you like to talk about. LoL!

I STOPPED at the analogy. You are the one who keeps talking of Smiths and what Neo can do. All I was illustrating with the movie is that just as Neo had NO WAY of independently knowing he was living in a dream, same COULD be our case. THAT’S ALL.
I don’t understand your obsession with the movie.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Well he became the richest man in the world by far by foreseeing that almost all our vehicles will soon be electric and self-driving, and also that man needs to colonize other planets for what we call consciousness to survive. Also merging of AI and humans (Neurolink). He got all this from being a voracious consumer of sci-fi when he was younger.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

I STOPPED at the analogy. You are the one who keeps talking of Smiths and what Neo can do. All I was illustrating with the movie is that just as Neo had NO WAY of independently knowing he was living in a dream, same COULD be our case. THAT’S ALL.
I don’t understand your obsession with the movie.

YOU are the one saying there are beings control us not me. LoL!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

YOU are the one saying there are beings control us not me. LoL!

You know fully well I never said any such thing. I always said we have NO WAY of being sure what it is we don’t know we don’t know.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

You were the one who brought up cogito ergo sum so how is it my problem if you think it is fallacious? LoL!

It would part of the discussion - you have no way of proving that even you yourself exist
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

People waaay smarter than you have all concluded that it is highly likely we are living in some sort of simulation. Simulation implies simulator(s) (God).

LoL! So have people way smarter than you determined that there is no evidence of your delusions. And I am glad I am one of such people.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by KnownUnknown: 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Well he became the richest man in the world by far by foreseeing that almost all our vehicles will soon be electric and self-driving, and also that man needs to colonize other planets for what we call consciousness to survive. Also merging of AI and humans (Neurolink). He got all this from being a voracious consumer of sci-fi when he was younger.

Build an altar to him while you’re at it. As usual, all manner of holes in your assertions, but I’m not getting into a conversation about Musk.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by KnownUnknown: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Here you are, deciding what is possible and what man can achieve, when you don’t even have any objective way of being sure you yourself exist!

I said stop acting as if your unfounded ideas are nothing more than fiction. I did not say anything about what man can or can’t achieve. Learn the difference between sci-if and metaphysics.
I’m sure I exist. The delusion is yours……
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by KnownUnknown: 11:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! So have people way smarter than you determined that there is no evidence of your delusions. And I am glad I am one of such people.

All he is doing is calling everything into question and sneaking in the god idea at the end. The silly argument goes thus:

1. We can’t be sure anything exists
2. We are sure consciousness exists because of thinking
3. Thinking is evidence that something exists
4. Everything is a probability including the self
5. Therefore, God exists.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

It would part of the discussion - you have no way of proving that even you yourself exist

I am not in a solipsistic trap so why would I have a problem with proving I exist. It is people like you who dwell in a solipsistic dungeon that can't accept simple facts.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
KnownUnknown:

All he is doing is calling everything into question and sneaking in the god idea at the end. The silly argument goes thus:

1. We can’t be sure anything exists
2. We are sure consciousness exists because of thinking
3. Thinking is evidence that something exists
4. Everything is a probability including the self
5. Therefore, God exists.

LoL! And you'll see him forming like that's not what he is doing. Using all manner of obfuscations to arrive at god exists.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeIgboho:

You know fully well I never said any such thing. I always said we have NO WAY of being sure what it is we don’t know we don’t know.

You're not sure we are in a simulation but you are pretty sure it is most likely that we are in a simulation. LMAO! I dunno why why you think you need to dribble your own shadow. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by KnownUnknown: 11:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin Dribble your own shadow
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 11:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! So have people way smarter than you determined that there is no evidence of your delusions. And I am glad I am one of such people. KnownUnknown

The below is by people who actually build simulated worlds and have insight you don’t have! (See screenshot)

Confirmed! We Live in a Simulation
We must never doubt Elon Musk again
* By Fouad Khan on April 1, 2021

All computing hardware leaves an artifact of its existence within the world of the simulation it is running. This artifact is the processor speed. If for a moment we imagine that we are a software program running on a computing machine, the only and inevitable artifact of the hardware supporting us, within our world, would be the processor speed. All other laws we would experience would be the laws of the simulation or the software we are a part of. If we were a Sim or a Grand Theft Auto character these would be the laws of the game. But anything we do would also be constrained by the processor speed no matter the laws of the game. No matter how complete the simulation is, the processor speed would intervene in the operations of the simulation.

If we live in a simulation, then our universe should also have such an artifact. We can now begin to articulate some properties of this artifact that would help us in our search for such an artifact in our universe.
* The artifact is as an additional component of every operation that is unaffected by the magnitude of the variables being operated upon and is irrelevant within the simulated reality until a maximum variable size is observed.
* The artifact presents itself in the simulated world as an upper limit.
* The artifact cannot be explained by underlying mechanistic laws of the simulated universe. It has to be accepted as an assumption or “given” within the operating laws of the simulated universe.
* The effect of the artifact or the anomaly is absolute. No exceptions.
Now that we have some defining features of the artifact, of course it becomes clear what the artifact manifests itself as within our universe. The artifact is manifested as the speed of light.

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 12:19am On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! So have people way smarter than you determined that there is no evidence of your delusions. And I am glad I am one of such people. KnownUnknown

The speed of light is such a HUGE tip-off that we are in a simulation that u wonder that it wasn’t better camouflaged.

I mean the damned thing exists outside physics and common sense. No matter your own speed the speed of light stays constant. And nothing in the universe can exceed that speed. Plus other strange properties of the speed of light - just as if it were the speed of the processor running our sumulation
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:25am On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The speed of light is such a HUGE tip-off that we are in a simulation that u wonder that it wasn’t better camouflaged.

I mean the damned thing exists outside physics and common sense. No matter your own speed the speed of light stays constant. And nothing in the universe can exceed that speed. Plus other strange properties of the speed of light - just as if it were the speed of the processor running our sumulation

Do you even understand what they mean by the speed of light is constant. I doubt you do. If you did you would not use it as a yardstick for your simulation fantasy. Light slows down in certain medium like air and water so how can it be evidence for your delusion. LoLz
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

The below is by people who actually build simulated worlds and have insight you don’t have! (See screenshot)

All computing hardware leaves an artifact of its existence within the world of the simulation it is running. This artifact is the processor speed. If for a moment we imagine that we are a software program running on a computing machine, the only and inevitable artifact of the hardware supporting us, within our world, would be the processor speed. All other laws we would experience would be the laws of the simulation or the software we are a part of. If we were a Sim or a Grand Theft Auto character these would be the laws of the game. But anything we do would also be constrained by the processor speed no matter the laws of the game. No matter how complete the simulation is, the processor speed would intervene in the operations of the simulation.

If we live in a simulation, then our universe should also have such an artifact. We can now begin to articulate some properties of this artifact that would help us in our search for such an artifact in our universe.
* The artifact is as an additional component of every operation that is unaffected by the magnitude of the variables being operated upon and is irrelevant within the simulated reality until a maximum variable size is observed.
* The artifact cannot be explained by underlying mechanistic laws of the simulated universe. It has to be accepted as an assumption or “given” within the operating laws of the simulated universe.
Now that we have some defining features of the artifact, of course it becomes clear what the artifact manifests itself as within our universe. The artifact is manifested as the speed of light.

During a 2016 debate at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, Harvard University physicist Lisa Randall said the odds that the simulation hypothesis is correct are “effectively zero.”
https://www.amnh.org/explore/news-blogs/podcasts/2016-isaac-asimov-memorial-debate-is-the-universe-a-simulation

There is an even smarter person telling you to stop being deluded.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

What we know about computing is that processor speed improves over time. So if the hard limit of the so called processor is manifesting as light then you effectively saying your so called simulators have dead ended their processors and are no longer improving their processor speed. It sounds more like a hard limit on your reasoning faculties.

The other problem is of the energy required to run a simulation. That energy cost would be ginormous for a simulation of this fidelity. So if you link this with the previous point you'll see that there is zero chance this is a simulation. Because if they were expending energy to simulate primates who can feel their rectums distended as feces passes through it with such exquisite detail then they would have expended that energy towards improving their processor speed which in turn would have removed the so called artifact.

What you FreeIgboho need to do is learn how to actually reason instead of relying on articles you barely comprehend.

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

Do you even understand what they mean by the speed of light is constant. I doubt you do. If you did you would not use it as a yardstick for your simulation fantasy. Light slows down in certain medium like air and water so how can it be evidence for your delusion. LoLz

Sometimes I’m not sure u folks are worth having this discussion with. We, OF COURSE, mean speed of light in a vacuum or close to it as possible!! That goes without saying! If you put a wall to block the light, the speed will be zero!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

What we know about computing is that processor speed improves over time. So if the hard limit of the so called processor is manifesting as light then you effectively saying your so called simulators have dead ended their processors and are no longer improving their processor speed. It sounds more like a hard limit on your reasoning faculties.

The other problem is of the energy required to run a simulation. That energy cost would be ginormous for a simulation of this fidelity. So if you link this with the previous point you'll see that there is zero chance this is a simulation. Because if they were expending energy to simulate primates who can feel their rectums distended as feces passes through it with such exquisite detail then they would have expended that energy towards improving their processor speed which in turn would have removed the so called artifact.

What you FreeIgboho need to do is learn how to actually reason instead of relying on articles you barely comprehend.

Like I said, sometimes I’m not sure u folks are worth having this discussion with. This is actually one of the dumber posts I’ve seen. YOU ARE INSIDE THE SYSTEM! You have NO WAY of knowing how things work outside the simulation. Probably beyond anything you can ever imagine. Shouldn’t that be obvious even to an elementary school pupil??
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2021
LordReed:

During a 2016 debate at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, Harvard University physicist Lisa Randall said the odds that the simulation hypothesis is correct are “effectively zero.”
https://www.amnh.org/explore/news-blogs/podcasts/2016-isaac-asimov-memorial-debate-is-the-universe-a-simulation

There is an even smarter person telling you to stop being deluded.

Look at him, you are talking of debates. We are talking of people who seem to have info FROM OUTSIDE OUR WORLD and have used that info to amass billions in REAL LIFE. People whom their colleagues are convinced are aliens. People who have insight into the nature of our universe that we mere humans just don’t have!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Like I said, sometimes I’m not sure u folks are worth having this discussion with. This is actually one of the dumber posts I’ve seen. YOU ARE INSIDE THE SYSTEM! You have NO WAY of knowing how things work outside the simulation. Probably beyond anything you can ever imagine. Shouldn’t that be obvious even to an elementary school pupil??

Dummy here is you with a complete failure of cogitative reasoning. You just said you have no way of knowing how things work outside yet you know that this is a simulation working on a processor. How dumb are you really?

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Look at him, you are talking of debates. We are talking of people who seem to have info FROM OUTSIDE OUR WORLD and have used that info to amass billions in REAL LIFE. People whom their colleagues are convinced are aliens. People who have insight into the nature of our universe that we mere humans just don’t have!

Kai! This one don kolo. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Sometimes I’m not sure u folks are worth having this discussion with. We, OF COURSE, mean speed of light in a vacuum or close to it as possible!! That goes without saying! If you put a wall to block the light, the speed will be zero!

No you are the one not having the discussion with because you don't seem to use the organ between your ears. You are saying that the speed of light is constant therefore it shows that it's a simulation, what you don't understand is there are not talking about what the speed is but how it is measured. You don't even understand the concepts you are trying to discussion so how are you worth discussing with.

Also when you put a wall the speed of light doesn't turn to zero, instead the light reflects off the wall which is why you can see the wall because the light is come into your eyes from the wall. If it turned to zero then walls will always be black or invisible. You don't understand scientific concepts, it is obvious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

A Lesson From Lilian Yeomans / Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils / Second Debate: Strictly Between Hopefullandlord And I On The "Reality Of God"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.