Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,590 members, 7,816,455 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

How Do Spirits Exist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do Spirits Exist? (6726 Views)

Do Spirits Control The Physical? / Do Spirits Wear Cloths Or They Walk Naked? / True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nothingserious: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Primesky:
Just as TenQ said, light and heat energies exist even though they're not tangibles. If you dispute that existence cannot be without material body, yet we have these two for example, do you then inffer that the physical created the non physical?. If that be the case how can it be?.

It's difficult for a picture within a frame to comprehensively describe the frame in which it is housed.

I perceive that the major attack here is against God's existence, but it's an attempt in futility as He who exists outside time, space and matter which give rise to the physical, can not be subjected by the same things which he made.

The non physical ( to man) is more real than the physical.

We understand what it’s being attacked.
When people come to make claims about non belief in phenomena that cannot be touched or felt or seen, then they erroneously obliterate their very existence and logic.

We know that no one can show empirical proof of their consciousness, the OP inclusive. We know the OP has never seen logic or have shown empirical evidence for logic. We know the OP has never seen a mind before.
We know the OP cannot even provide proof that we are living at this time and having this conversation.

If the OP continues on that track of strict empiricism, verificationism and scientism, then all forms of existence and reality are obliterated.

Why? Because we can’t really be sure of anything.

Check up the story of Flatland: A 3 dimensional object describing 3 dimensional planes to 2 dimensional planes. The 2 dimensional planes struggled to understand the 3 dimensional planes as they had never been exposed to information about any 3 dimensional plane.

See Jesus and Dr Nicodemus below:

“What is born of [from] the flesh is flesh [of the physical is physical]; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not [do not be surprised, astonished] at My telling you, You must all be born anew (from above).

The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going.

So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit. Nicodemus answered by asking, How can all this be possible?

Jesus replied, Are you the teacher of Israel, and yet do not know nor understand these things? [Are they strange to you?]”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:6-10‬ ‭AMPC‬‬
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nothingserious: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
Crystyano:

Thoughts are associated with something with a physical form.....

So, your lack of understanding isn't an achievement.....,

So can we get in a physical form a cow or car or house when your brain is opened by a surgeon, after you had thought about these things?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
peggywebbs:
Why would you want me to prove the existence of spirits for you or anyone here on naira land. I believe they exist and I never set up a thread asking someone to show me proof. If you are really and genuinely curious, you should be able to do anything it takes to find out the truth.

If I describe how they look or feel, you still won't believe unless you see with your eyes. Telling me to do a video of one is you trying to play a fast one on me. It goes against the definition of what a spirit is. So stop cracking me up. I suggest you look for proof of spirits yourself. They are not hard to find.

I didn't ask you to do a video, I said tell me one spell that is guaranteed to bring out a spirit and I'll do the video myself.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Crystyano:

Computer codes/programs are associated with computers.....

Don't ask me stupid questions like what are the physical properties of ........

Just as Spirits and Souls are associated with human beings!

THINK!!

Does your consciousness even exist?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Crystyano:

It's not a spirit that's involved...
It's faith.....
Gravity is associated with something with a physical form....
Black holes are associated with something with a physical form....
How are spirits associated with anything at all

SPIRITS? FAITH? I totally disagree with that because when it comes to REAL FAITH you will SEE the benefits but most religionists coming together for worship don't even have any faith at all yet they gather just because a force is dragging them. The fact that you're not attending any center for worship doesn't mean you're not religious, because their are many things you are doing just because others around you are also doing it.
Are you married?
Do you plan to have children?
Do you think of their future and wellbeing?

All these are things people struggle to have in a religious manner yet none is certain so what makes you differ from them? If you see people gather together for worship never think it's due to faith, NO! It's a force they can't grasp that's responsible for the gathering so even if they're not comfortable they just want to be a part of the system just like any sane human wants to get married, have children and train them even though he doesn't know if things will work out as he plans! smiley
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by TenQ: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Primesky:
Just as TenQ said, light and heat energies exist even though they're not tangibles. If you dispute that existence cannot be without material body, yet we have these two for example, do you then inffer that the physical created the non physical?. If that be the case how can it be?.

It's difficult for a picture within a frame to comprehensively describe the frame in which it is housed.

I perceive that the major attack here is against God's existence, but it's an attempt in futility as He who exists outside time, space and matter which give rise to the physical, can not be subjected by the same things which he made.

The non physical ( to man) is more real than the physical.
Don't mind them.
Ask him if his consciousness exist and is real or not!
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by peggywebbs(f): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
No..the topic says how do spirits exist? It means the op doubted their existence...if not it would be "what do spirits look like?"... That's not the same thing.

LordReed:

I didn't ask you to do a video, I said tell me one spell that is guaranteed to bring out a spirit and I'll do the video myself.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
Crystyano:

Computer codes/programs are associated with computers..... Don't ask me stupid questions like what are the physical properties of ........

Just exactly the same way your questions sounds stupid to any believer!
The codes and programs are associated with computers just as spirits are associated with humans.
The book says:

And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. Revelations 12:7-9

The heavens in the highlighted means the spiritual realm and the earth is the physical where other intelligent beings lives. The book specifically mentioned EARTH and ever since astronauts have been traveling to the space they never found anything living.
So the book is telling us that these spirits are associated with intelligence beings HUMANS, therefore it's by observing the activities of humans that you can grasp the existence of SPIRITS! smiley
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
HenryDion:

Those who weren't born Christians, what manual should they be using? undecided

O boy! I avoid making recommendations for I see people know what is Good and when they see a Good thing they normally do not hesitate to take it.

Just as I once saw this statement "As the gem cannot be polished without friction nor man perfected without trials" which is a Chinese Proverb, I accepted the Good of it and lived by these words, even though I am not Chinese.

So if i can take lectures from a Chinese simply because it is good, I know that other people can, if and when they want a good thing.

All it takes is good and proper examination.

And to remember the fact is that we are not naturally Christians either but pagans. However, when Christianity was offered to us, we saw the Good in it hence our acceptance.

You know people, if a thing is not good, they will definitely be searching for alternatives.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

O boy! I avoid making recommendations for I see people know what is Good and when they see a Good thing they normally do not hesitate to take it.

Just as I once saw this statement "As the gem cannot be polished without friction nor man perfected without trials" which is a Chinese Proverb, I accepted the Good of it and lived by these words, even though I am not Chinese.

So if i can take lectures from a Chinese simply because it is good, I know that other people can, if and when they want a good thing.

And to remember the fact is that we are not naturally Christians either but pagans. However, when Christianity was offered to us, we saw the Good in it hence our acceptance.

You know people, if a thing is not good, they will definitely be searching for alternatives.

You accepted because it appealed to your ignorance...if you where smart you would ask them to explain how a woman became pregnant without a male input...
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2021
sonmvayina:

You accepted because it appealed to your ignorance...if you where smart you would ask them to explain how a woman became pregnant without a male input...

A Wise man already knows that Creators Do Whatever they like to their creations exactly as the phones in 1985 can not do what the phones in 2021 does.

That's the power of A Creator.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I'm sorry but you ain't making any sense...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
HenryDion:

I'm sorry but you ain't making any sense...

That's not true! grin

The Truth is that you are so shocked that my reply is so shockingly True, Direct and Simple, without me crossing the line, all at the same time. grin

You thought and expected that I was going to tell you to accept the Bible even though you were not a Christian. ;

Rather, you were shocked by my response which blew both your composure and your trap which is why you lost comprehension. grin
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That's not true! grin

The Truth is that you are so shocked that my reply is so shockingly True, Direct and Simple, without me crossing the line, all at the same time. grin

You thought and expected that I was going to tell you to accept the Bible even though you were not a Christian grin

How is that long epistle direct and simple? undecided
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
peggywebbs:
No..the topic says how do spirits exist? It means the op doubted their existence...if not it would be "what do spirits look like?"... That's not the same thing.

It wasn't the op that said there are spells that conjure spirits, that was you. I want you to tell me one of those spells, I will speak the spell and film it myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
HenryDion:

How is that long epistle direct and simple? undecided

You saw my answer in the first paragraph but because I attempted clearing any further questions that you may reasonably ask, I added the remaining paragraphs.

So you are just simply basically complaining because you really do not have any reasonable way of proceeding any further.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You saw my answer in the first paragraph but because I attempted clearing any further questions that you may reasonably ask, I added the remaining paragraphs.

So you are just simply basically complaining because you really do not have any reasonable way of proceeding any further.

I'm only flabbergasted by your reasoning, and too weak to even engage you in a mind stimulating discussion because you sound daft. Please don't blame me.

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
HenryDion:

I'm only flabbergasted by your reasoning, and too weak to even engage you in a mind stimulating discussion because you sound daft. Please don't blame me.

I do not blame you, grin you, blame you because your trap did not work, since there is no way that you can have any reasonable thing to say after my answer cut you off. grin

You thought you knew how I was going to answer in a certain way in line with your trap but you were left in wonder how I could both stick it to you and escape at the same time; grin
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not blame you, grin you, blame you because your trap did not work, since there is no way that you can have any reasonable thing to say after my answer cut you off. grin

You thought you knew how I was going to answer in a certain way in line with your trap but you were left in wonder how I could both stick it to you and escape at the same time; grin

Lol... there was no trap. You simply failed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
HenryDion:

Lol... there was no trap. You simply failed.

grin how can I fail when I answered your question and you could no longer ask any reasonable question? grin

That is how people get employed! grin
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin how can I fail when I answered your question and you could no longer ask any reasonable question? grin

That is how people get employed! grin

Please move on. I don't have time to keep responding to your mentions. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

A Wise man already knows that Creators Do Whatever they like to their creations exactly as the phones in 1985 can not do what the phones in 2021 does.

That's the power of A Creator.

So he can forgive my sins if I confess and forsake my evil ways just like he ordered in 2nd Chronicles 7:14? Yes or no ?
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
sonmvayina:

So he can forgive my sins if I confess and forsake my evil ways just like he ordered in 2nd Chronicles 7:14? Yes or no ?

2 Chronicles 7:14, laid Four (4) Requirements, Terms and Conditions for forgiveness, not just 2.

1) humble themselves,
2) and pray,
3) and seek my face,
4) and turn from their wicked ways;

2 Chronicles has Spoken! And it is quite interesting to see that FORGIVENESS COMES LAST! grin

I wonder if you would wonder why forgiveness comes last? Actually I don't Care! grin
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

2 Chronicles 7:14, laid Four (4) Requirements, Terms and Conditions for forgiveness, not just 2.

1) humble themselves,
2) and pray,
3) and seek my face,
4) and turn from their wicked ways;

2 Chronicles has Spoken! And it is quite interesting to see that FORGIVENESS COMES LAST! grin

I wonder if you would wonder why forgiveness comes last? Actually I don't Care! grin

Sorry my bad...if I meet the 4 conditions, can he forgive me? Yes or No...
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
KnownUnknown:

Are you aware of something called sarcasm?

You weren't meant to be sarcastic.....

You've got to be straightforward on this thread...
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just exactly the same way your questions sounds stupid to any believer!
The codes and programs are associated with computers just as spirits are associated with humans.
The book says:

And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. Revelations 12:7-9

The heavens in the highlighted means the spiritual realm and the earth is the physical where other intelligent beings lives. The book specifically mentioned EARTH and ever since astronauts have been traveling to the space they never found anything living.
So the book is telling us that these spirits are associated with intelligence beings HUMANS, therefore it's by observing the activities of humans that you can grasp the existence of SPIRITS! smiley

The book doesn't work here.....

I'm not trying to please believers or sound wise to them since I don't have to......
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
Nothingserious:

So can we get in a physical form a cow or car or house when your brain is opened by a surgeon, after you had thought about these things?

My thoughts don't need a physical form to be associated with me......
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

SPIRITS? FAITH? I totally disagree with that because when it comes to REAL FAITH you will SEE the benefits but most religionists coming together for worship don't even have any faith at all yet they gather just because a force is dragging them. The fact that you're not attending any center for worship doesn't mean you're not religious, because their are many things you are doing just because others around you are also doing it.
Are you married?
Do you plan to have children?
Do you think of their future and wellbeing?

All these are things people struggle to have in a religious manner yet none is certain so what makes you differ from them? If you see people gather together for worship never think it's due to faith, NO! It's a force they can't grasp that's responsible for the gathering so even if they're not comfortable they just want to be a part of the system just like any sane human wants to get married, have children and train them even though he doesn't know if things will work out as he plans! smiley

I don't do XYZ because others are doing it.....

I do it because I consider it necessary to be done.....

Different people gather in the church for different reasons.......

Some do it to steal.....
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
TenQ:

Just as Spirits and Souls are associated with human beings!

THINK!!

Does your consciousness even exist?

What is the relationship between spirits and humans?

If I have no consciousness,

I wouldn't know that I exist.....

Unlike FreeIgboho or someone with imaginary students,I am certain of my existence.....

1 Like

Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by FreeIgboho: 12:19am On Nov 23, 2021
Crystyano:

What is the relationship between spirits and humans?

If I have no consciousness,

I wouldn't know that I exist.....

Unlike FreeIgboho or someone with imaginary students,I am certain of my existence.....

You tagged me. Well here’s some teaching:
Like I’ve said, the ONLY thing we can be 100% certain exists is thinking (consciousness). If you say otherwise, then tell us how you are certain anything else physically exists
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Nothingserious: 4:33am On Nov 23, 2021
Crystyano:

My thoughts don't need a physical form to be associated with me......

Then it is safe to say your thoughts aren’t real. Maybe your mind isn’t real too.

Unless you can point us to the shape or form in which your thoughts and mind exist.
Re: How Do Spirits Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:20am On Nov 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

Sorry my bad...if I meet the 4 conditions, can he forgive me? Yes or No...

Look closely, as per verse 13, 2 Chronicles 7:14 is about staying (stopping) God's judgement (Plagues) upon the peoples and lands of Israel, which is what forgiveness means there.

But for a Personal Security from His Punishments, verse 17 tells you
"And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and DO according to ALL that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;

The very same Words He told Abraham.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why you don't need a spiritual father or mother!!! / Factors Affecting Church Growth / Prayer Points For Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.