Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me (766 Views)

See How Karma Paid This Lady Back After Defrauding Her Ex And Later Dumped Him / Access Bank Is A Scam / What GT Bank Did To Me ( Picture ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Mrsimini(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2021
I don't if this is the appropriate section to post this but it is too much to bear. I have tried tolerating this for sometime but it keeps worsening. I think Nigerians now have a big problem with the new trend of unnecessary debits. As for me, money doesn't stay the same as soon as it enters my account. If money doesn't miss in my account, I'll be debited for unknown transactions. Sometimes they debit me four times in a day yet I made no withdrawal or depot. What is really the meaning of opening a Savings Account? Because right now I'm confused. They don't save your money, they remove. Somebody used my account to receive 50k from a distant relative yesterday, I had 2k left in my account that same yesterday. Yet when we got to an Atm gallery I checked my balance knowing my own 2k will be 1 something but to my greatest shock I saw just 48k, I nearly collapsed. If not that the lady in question was with me all through before and after the money was sent, I would have been in trouble. GT-Bank why na? Please anybody that know central bank should report GTB.
Lalasticlala abeg front page

1 Like

Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by NovesaTillie(f): 7:52am On Nov 22, 2021
Simply change banks.
Are you giving your woman sufficient money? Because she could be working with GT cheesy
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2021
You're spot on OP. I had the similar experience with the same GTB, arbitrary deductions all the times. Some of the fraudulent activities they engage in that I noticed are:

1. A significant drop in my balance after receiving money into my Savings account, and to my knowledge a recipient of money shouldn't incur any charges.

2. They'd debit me during airtime purchase but they'd not credit the airtime, and they'd not reverse the transaction, I've lost a lot of money through this. The last time it happened to me, I emailed them complaining bitterly, and they reversed it immediately.

3. Unexplained and undocumented deductions that you'd only notice if you're very conscious of the money in your account, because it won't be there in transaction history.

So I think GTB has employed some fraudulent staff that engage in stealing monies from customers that do a lot of transactions.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by miccoy(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2021
Mrsimini:
I don't if this is the appropriate section to post this but it is too much to bear. I have tried tolerating this for sometime but it keeps worsening. I think Nigerians now have a big problem with the new trend of unnecessary debits. As for me, money doesn't stay the same as soon as it enters my account. If money doesn't miss in my account, I'll be debited for unknown transactions. Sometimes they debit me four times in a day yet I made no withdrawal or depot. What is really the meaning of opening a Savings Account? Because right now I'm confused. They don't save your money, they remove. Somebody used my account to receive 50k from a distant relative yesterday, I had 2k left in my account that same yesterday. Yet when we got to an Atm gallery I checked my balance knowing my own 2k will be 1 something but to my greatest shock I saw just 48k, I nearly collapsed. If not that the lady in question was with me all through before and after the money was sent, I would have been in trouble. GT-Bank why na? Please anybody that know central bank should report GTB.
Lalasticlala abeg front page

Nobody's defrauding you!

It's stamp duty. Most banks don't send sms alert for stamp duty as it's bank induced. Inorder for you not to incur additional sms charges.

There is 50 naira stamp duty on every 10k and above deposit into your account. It's federal government policy and it's bank - wide
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 8:09am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

Nobody's defrauding you!

It's stamp duty. Most banks don't send sms alert for stamp duty as it's bank induced. Inorder for you not to incur additional sms charges.

There is 50 naira stamp duty on every 10k and above deposit into your account. It's federal government policy and it's bank - wide

Who should bear the Stamp Duty? I thought that is only applicable to deposit end. Why would they deduct money from recipients as stamp duty? So if I want to receive N100k into my account, then the sender has to send N101k or wetin?
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Mrsimini(m): 8:10am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

Nobody's defrauding you!

If it was 50naira will I be reporting it here? Oga are u telling me stamp duty collected my 2k and another 2k from the 50k sent to my account yesterday? Is that how stamp duty works? Oga I think u don't live in Nigeria
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Mrsimini(m): 8:12am On Nov 22, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Simply change banks.
Are you giving your woman sufficient money? Because she could be working with GT cheesy
Lol.. Trust me my woman is the best human being in the world after my mum. I'm so pissed
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Candidlady: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2021
Mrsimini:

If it was 50naira will I be reporting it here? Oga are u telling me stamp duty collected my 2k and another 2k from the 50k sent to my account yesterday? Is that how stamp duty works? Oga I think u don't live in Nigeria

pictures please
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Mrsimini(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2021
modsfucker:

Who should bear the Stamp Duty? I thought that is only applicable to deposit end. Why would they deduct money from recipients as stamp duty? So if I want to receive N100k into my account, then the sender has to send N101k or wetin?
Ask am o.. Bross this people don finish me
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Mrsimini(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2021
[quote author=Candidlady post=107848823]

pictures please[/quote
If u know me u would know I don't have a phone for now. I sold it to solve issues. But that ain't the point. I don't need to post pictures to affirm I'm speaking the truth. That myopic on your part.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Candidlady: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2021
Mrsimini:
gtb
okay what would you have us do for you now?
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by Boogyman557: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2021
Holly Gram cool As I de here So. I no de use ATM CARD so any BANK wey go JUNZ wit my RUBBERZ, amabobi any of der BRANCH wey I see, Na to JAZZ in der wit my KALA. Na to de BLAST all d left leg of all d STAFF Dem 4 der. WTF MAN
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by miccoy(m): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Mrsimini:

Then, your bank's customer care desk vis-a-vis your statement of account should be your first call.

Not nairaland forum and definitely, not CBN.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

Then, your bank's customer care desk vis-a-vis your statement of account should be your first call.

Not nairaland forum and definitely, not CBN.

Or to indefinitely close the account. That's another portent option methinks.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by miccoy(m): 9:04am On Nov 22, 2021
modsfucker:

Policy is not about what you think, but what it stated. That's why it's of essence we try updating ourselves.

This policy is more than a year now.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 9:05am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

Policy is not about what you think, but what it stated. That's why it's of essence we try updating ourselves.

This policy is more than a year now.

What policy? That a recipient should pay stamp duty? Can you support your claim with fact?
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by miccoy(m): 9:06am On Nov 22, 2021
modsfucker:

Or to indefinitely close the account. That's another portent option methinks.

It's a free world brother!
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by miccoy(m): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2021
modsfucker:

What policy? That a recipient should pay stamp duty? Can you support your claim with fact?

It's not a claim. It's fact.

Contact your bank.
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

It's not a claim. It's fact.

Contact your bank.

That fact should be available in the internet, do you care sharing it with us?
Re: Help! Gt-bank Is Defrauding Me by modsfucker: 9:24am On Nov 22, 2021
miccoy:

It's a free world brother!

Very true, even me I'm contemplating shutting down my salary account with them, because I don't experience such with my other banks.

(1) (Reply)

Adieu to this SIMPle Man / I Got Poor Taste In Women And Like Weird Things / For The Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.