Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind (51062 Views)

16-Year-Old Ghanaian Female Student Commits Suicide In School Dining (Graphic) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) / Daniela Trezzi: Italian Nurse Commits Suicide. Tested Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Siggynigeria: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
Update from

16-year-old South African school pupil, Lathitha Nako has committed suicide after being subjected to bullying by classmates calling her a witch for having spiritual gift, Siggy reports.

According to report, Lathitha spoke openly about the bullying she endured on social media platforms and how she was contemplating suicide before eventually swallowing pesticide and died in hospital on Wednesday, November 17 in the Eastern Cape.

"I want to be done; I feel so empty, I want to die and rest in peace so that I can be free”, the Bhisho High School Grade 10 pupil said in a voice note sent to her friend before she committed the act.

She then tells the friend that she was tired of fighting.

Her devastated family is demanding that bullying at schools must be addressed to prevent similar tragedies.

Nathitha wanted to become a doctor. Her family had high hopes, but it was dashed by this tragedy.

Mother Kholeka Nako says, “My heart is sore because l will never see Lathitha again l will only see her in pictures. My heart will remain sore Bisho High School has failed. I struggle to sleep.”

Calls from all quarters are being made to get to the bottom of the matter.

Khula Community Development Project’s, Petros Majola says a program needs to be developed to stop bullying in schools.

"Let us sit down and develop a program that deals with bullying at schools. We are aware that they do have their own policies but at the same time we are not sure that they are vocal about these policies.”

The Provincial Department of Education is also investigating the circumstances leading to her suicide.

Watch video from a protest ongoing outside the school on Monday, November 22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJ2Cz_UVRo

https:///16-year-old-sa-girl-accused-of-witchcraft-commits-suicide-leaves-note-behind/

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Siggynigeria: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
The way children/teenagers commits these acts of late is highly alarming. Parents in the house please always monitor what your children watch on tv and internet. Do not expose them to violent acts. May God keep protecting us all.

May Lathitha's soul rest in peace, amen.

[color=#990000][/color] delivering recent students' news since 1845

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Skillsnigeria: 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Deborah98(f): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Parents and guardians be careful of who your children and wards keep as friends. Most of them have been talked out of the way of good morals and sound judgment. Some of them can't differentiate between right and wrong. Not all of us have the privilege of overcoming bullying and negative energy from friends especially people within your circle. I remembered when I was bullied for being a lefty and having speech problem. I talk really fast and you can barely hear what I say. Well all these never mattered neither did I take them to heart cos if I had done,I know what the outcome would have been. Let's be guided as we guide the people under us.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by SiggyNG: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2021
angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by aminusodiq(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hh

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by SiggyNG: 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
@Righteousness2 say something bout this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Righteousness2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
So Unfortunate, Pathetic and Disatrous..
Such a beautiful little kid waste her life like this.

This is why it is highly very important to Conciously make effort to train your kids in Godliness and Righteousness. Begin to teach them about Heaven and Hell right from the go.

The times are Perilous and desperately evil. The devil has taken over many of the shows and things put out on tv and is subtly putting out dangerous things that destroys people especially the kids. Take interest in what your kids see and do on the tv, internet , etc.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Femmyfestus: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
@SigggyNG.. @Righteousness2 has done what you asked him to do

12 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by tarantino1: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Two stories from South Africa today that I thought could only happen in Nigeria.

Surprising!

RIP young girl.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Dailymice: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
cheesy
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by STRI1: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
Bad
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Fyie: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Ojikutumomiage(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
This one na waa

Stop bullying people, not everyone has a concrete mind.

I think suicide is due to people not understanding the essence of life. This life, I mean this very one we are in is not all enjoyment, don't except joy but create your version of joy and for the people around you.
To everyone struggling with their world today, I say... Remember, even in joy and sorrow, you're never alone, you're better than some.

5 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Lamasta(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
inside life.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by BlackfireX: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
SA very backward

They should thank the white , if not he'll hellfire will be rejecting them

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by DropsMic(m): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Smh
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Nomorelove: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Trade Forex? Subscribe to my free Forex signals channel. Get free Forex trading signals. Join on telegram @theforexpreacher

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by DropsMic(m): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
BlackfireX:
SA very backward

They should thank the white , if not he'll hellfire will be rejecting them

And your country is very progressive

11 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by JAWBONE(m): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lionessza, TMKSouth, IronGalaxy

Na who cause this one again?

May her soul Rest In Peace
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by babyfaceafrica: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
This is sad
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IMASTEX: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Very sad
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by CSTRR: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
What a tragedy of humanity.

O Lord, what have we done to this world you created?
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Deicide: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Oh shut the f up
Righteousness2:

This is why it is highly very important to Conciously make effort to train your kids in Godliness and Righteousness. Begin to teach them about Heaven and Hell right from the go.

The times are Perilous and desperately evil. The devil has taken over many of the shows and things put out on tv and is subtly putting out dangerous things that destroys people especially the kids. Take interest in what your kids see and do on the tv, internet , etc.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Thunderfayayou: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
Siggynigeria:
Update from

16-year-old South African school pupil, Lathitha Nako has committed suicide after being subjected to bullying by classmates calling her a witch for having spiritual gift, Siggy reports.

According to report, Lathitha spoke openly about the bullying she endured on social media platforms and how she was contemplating suicide before eventually swallowing pesticide and died in hospital on Wednesday, November 17 in the Eastern Cape.

"I want to be done; I feel so empty, I want to die and rest in peace so that I can be free”, the Bhisho High School Grade 10 pupil said in a voice note sent to her friend before she committed the act.

She then tells the friend that she was tired of fighting.

Her devastated family is demanding that bullying at schools must be addressed to prevent similar tragedies.

Nathitha wanted to become a doctor. Her family had high hopes, but it was dashed by this tragedy.

Mother Kholeka Nako says, “My heart is sore because l will never see Lathitha again l will only see her in pictures. My heart will remain sore Bisho High School has failed. I struggle to sleep.”

Calls from all quarters are being made to get to the bottom of the matter.

Khula Community Development Project’s, Petros Majola says a program needs to be developed to stop bullying in schools.

"Let us sit down and develop a program that deals with bullying at schools. We are aware that they do have their own policies but at the same time we are not sure that they are vocal about these policies.”

The Provincial Department of Education is also investigating the circumstances leading to her suicide.

Watch video from a protest ongoing outside the school on Monday, November 22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrJ2Cz_UVRo

https:///16-year-old-sa-girl-accused-of-witchcraft-commits-suicide-leaves-note-behind/

No matter how we pretend to be civilised. Oyibo People will always be first and we'll never take their place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by bigdammyj: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
R.I.P
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by ladensmith(m): 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
this is why I love little kids with razor mouth

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Elidrisy20: 4:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Because of witchcraft una kill this girl?
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by lebron7(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

This happened because of younger versions of you

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by GauRanTor(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Parents train your wards to be the bullier and not the bullied.
Everyone failed her but....her parents failed her the most. Smh angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Somebody Help. I Have Been Disfigured / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help. / Will Masturbation Affect Me In The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.