Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind (51103 Views)

16-Year-Old Ghanaian Female Student Commits Suicide In School Dining (Graphic) / Victor Ojeamiran: Soldier Commits Suicide In Yobe, Leaves Note For Wife(Graphic) / Daniela Trezzi: Italian Nurse Commits Suicide. Tested Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IronGalaxy: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

The lady in the video is a little too 'extra" if you ask me but lets calm down and address the real points She raises.

Point 1. The perception of Africans against AA is a 2 way streak born out of a lack of knowledge of each others experiences. If you were paying attention properly you would see that I addressed this in my previous posts. The general narrative perpetuated by the media of African Americans is one of the "angry" ebonic speaking gun shooting, purse snatching person and this narrative is what informs the perception of Africans who believe that African Americans are wasting away opportunities they have.

Likewise the Africans first contact with AA is that of disdain. Before cultures became visible through social media and increased travel of AA to Africa. The African was seen as a "jungle booty scratcher" who rode on elephants, lived in huts and hunted Animals all day. Therefore AA are as guilty of this cross perception as the Nigerians so that ignorance cancels the other out.

Point 2. You noticed that the woman in the video mentions these comments emanated from "Nigerians" in Nigeria in particular.

Point 3. I do not generalize because I have experienced America and so come from a point of knowledge and not assumptions. There are AA's of many persuasions so you cannot lump them all in one category, however i can testify that the Nigerian and American relations in America is not what you make it appear to be and the interactions are far more pleasant than in comparison to Nigeria and SA and I have made my observations as to why that this.

Point 4. The evidence you present is anecdotal at best. I can likewise post the below to support my own points neh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYKix8a1nXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmC8d8wxOx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9KfDHN2aeE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1so1OswmY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKYmSOTTDvw
Lol,either way.I as a South Africans understand exactly what's she saying since we as South Africans we are bombarded by the same BS from Nigerians. You are on the other side of the fence and making excuses for your countrymen.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol,either way.I as a South Africans understand exactly what's she saying since we as South Africans we are bombarded by the same BS from Nigerians. You are on the other side of the fence and making excuses for your countrymen.

I fully empathize with AA and South Africans when they are "bombarded" by ignorant statements by "some" Nigerians. However, I can't control the sensitivity of some people over others. What is poignant is that we stick to the facts and don't get emotional because emotions cloud good judgment. Ergo my assertions are not "excuses" as you state but a level headed approach and interpreting and analyzing these situations hence the referenced to my opinion as the woman being too extra.

The point being AA's, Saffers and Nigerians deal with many a stereotype but we must all agree that stereo types are often times "true" but never the less "generalizations"
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by JaceBlaze: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You've basically said nothing

Absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:

The above statement will get you no where without elaborating but alas I know you get fatigued at such banters so the floor is yours. Prove your assertion!
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:

Morpheus and long-S responses embarassed grin

Dude, there's a comment I know u absolutely gonna love on my latest thread. Apparently the reason why a black Vice-Chancellor is handing out snacks to students is because of the whites. I immediately thought of u grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Absolutely nothing.

Eh Mampara, don't just drop one liners and leave the stage. Demolish the logic otherwise remain silent.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

Dude, there's a comment I know u absolutely gonna love on my latest thread. Apparently the reason why a black Vice-Chancellor is handing out snacks to students is because of the whites. I immediately thought of u grin grin grin

No comprende my amigo, No entiendo lo que estás diciendo.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IronGalaxy: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

You see? grin grin How on earth does that have to do with white people? when I raise such things people try spinning things

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IronGalaxy: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

The thread has to do with a black vice_chancellor handing chocolates to he students then ou of the blue someone says the bolded. And they wonder why I keep refering to them as coons.

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The thread has to do with a black vice_chancellor handing chocolates to he students then ou of the blue someone says the bolded. And they wonder why I keep refering to them as coons.

Hey, I can't argue in reference and context of that particular Nigerians response.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by LeSudAfricaine: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Everyday single day " South Africans must thank whites" and I mean, EVERY SINGLE DAY! Isn't that coonery?

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by LeSudAfricaine: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

Hey, I can't argue in reference and context of that particular Nigerians response.
What does it say about your people when they say basically the same brain dead nonsense every single day. Doesnt it fit the pattern raised by IG.?

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IronGalaxy: 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
Everyday single day " South Africans must thank whites" and I mean, EVERY SINGLE DAY! Isn't that coonery?
Its getting worse actually.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by IronGalaxy: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
What does it say about your people when they say basically the same brain dead nonsense every single day. Doesnt it fit the pattern raised by IG.?
The house nigga pattern, o yea.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

No comprende my amigo, No entiendo lo que estás diciendo.

Je ne te comprends pas non plus tongue
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You see? grin grin How on earth does that have to do with white people? when I raise such things people try spinning things

It's actually got to do with Ubuntu - an African philosophy.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Teslason(m): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's actually got to do with Ubuntu - an African philosophy.

Do you know Michael Tellinger?

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:

All it says is that there are "stupid" people in every group of nationalities.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

It's not just "that particular Nigerian" - it's a Nigerian cultural phenomenon.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Teslason:

Do you know Michael Tellinger?

I had to first Google him and no I've never heard of him and his party. In the elections earlier this month something like 200+ political parties took part, and many of them were new, small or just simply unknown.

How do u know him dude?
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The house nigga pattern, o yea.

Not even close to that idea as eloquently elaborated by the great Malcolm X.

The house Nigger has a "we' mentality.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's not just "that particular Nigerian" - it's a Nigerian cultural phenomenon.

Other than the statements being of an irritating nature, what parts of it are inaccurate?
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by Teslason(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
TMKsouth:

I had to first Google him and no I've never heard of him and his party. In the elections earlier this month something like 200+ political parties took part, and many of them were new, small or just simply unknown.

How do u know him dude?
I discovered him in the process of research!
I love his explanation and work towards his 'world without money'
So he mentioned Ubuntu. ..

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by LeSudAfricaine: 9:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

All it says is that there are "stupid" people in every group of nationalities.
Stupid people from all nationalities I get but "They must thank the whites" or " if it wasnt for the whites" everyday on this forum bro? The same on Twitter the same on YouTube etc. I'm quite active on YouTube and you'll find a South African maybe for example is making a vlog about Sandton and you'll find Kenyans saying oh this is beautiful "and so forth..Kenyans are always the coolest and then enter Nigerians...."South Africans must thank the whiteman gor this and for that". Why is it always you with those comments?
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
Stupid people from all nationalities I get but "They must thank the whites" or " if it wasnt for the whites" everyday on this forum bro? The same on Twitter the same on YouTube etc. I'm quite active on YouTube and you'll find a South African maybe for example is making a vlog about Sandton and you'll find Kenyans saying oh this is beautiful "and so forth..Kenyans are always the coolest and then enter Nigerians...."South Africans must thank the whiteman gor this and for that". Why is it always you with those comments?
A self reflection of the poor Nigerian on his unfortunate circumstance projected on people he deems have an advantage over him in terms of a country with better infrastructure and stable democracy.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by LeSudAfricaine: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

A self reflection of the poor Nigerian on his unfortunate circumstance projected on people he deems have an advantage over him in terms of a country with better infrastructure and stable democracy.
Sorry but this just doesn't cut it. Other Africans have poor people too. When it comes to disecting SA politcs you are number 1 but you are failing to tell us why are Nigerians so obsessed white people like this. I was just laughing at another guy just now from another thread he says " he may be black but he's a white guy in spirit, or how blacks are a curse" " how Nigeria would be a powerhouse if 1000 000 whites are imported".etc You are likely to hear this from a Nigerian, why? Don't give me poverty as an excuse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Teslason:

I discovered him in the process of research!
I love his explanation and work towards his 'world without money'
So he mentioned Ubuntu. ..

Will definitely check a few of his videos.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by TMKsouth: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
morpheus24:

Other than the statements being of an irritating nature, what parts of it are inaccurate?

shocked shocked shocked Are u talking about the guy giving credit to whites because a highly accomplished black professional is practicing Ubuntu? You've finally lost it! It wasn't enough u sold your brothers into slavery hundreds of years ago but centuries later u still bloody coons. WTF man, have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by JaceBlaze: 3:08am On Nov 25, 2021
morpheus24:

Eh Mampara, don't just drop one liners and leave the stage. Demolish the logic otherwise remain silent.

Another nothing.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 3:42am On Nov 25, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
Sorry but this just doesn't cut it. Other Africans have poor people too. When it comes to disecting SA politcs you are number 1 but you are failing to tell us why are Nigerians so obsessed white people like this. I was just laughing at another guy just now from another thread he says " he may be black but he's a white guy in spirit, or how blacks are a curse" " how Nigeria would be a powerhouse if 1000 000 whites are imported".etc You are likely to hear this from a Nigerian, why? Don't give me poverty as an excuse.

I can't speak for other Africans, I can speak for my people because I know them. Nigerians lament a lot and this is something that is in our culture. You will find all sorts of comments here on Nairaland. If your interpretation of these comments is coming to the conclusion that Nigerians are obsessed with White people because of these comments in relation to your country then I would say that you have come to the incorrect conclusion.

In my experience I have never had one conversation with any of my Nigerian counterparts about white people in the manner that is discussed here, neither have most Nigerians I interact with nor did my parents. I have given you my honest opinion on what I see as the possible reason for this in my last post to you. Take it or leave it.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 3:59am On Nov 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

shocked shocked shocked Are u talking about the guy giving credit to whites because a highly accomplished black professional is practicing Ubuntu?

No you dummy. I am talking about the general statements about White contributions in South Africa. What part of all these statements made about Whites are incorrect?

TMKsouth:

You've finally lost it! It wasn't enough u sold your brothers into slavery hundreds of years ago but centuries later u still bloody coons. WTF man, have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

Point 1. Almost every group of peoples across the entire continent of Africa including Southern Africans sold slaves so that whole you sold your people applies to everyone on this continent. North, South, East and West so that statement is neither here nor there.

Point 2. If we are to speak on Slave trade in the areas that constitute what is known as Nigeria today we know the specific families, kings and tribes that did so. The rest were Slave raiders employed by Whites. The point to be made here is that the common man had nothing to do with this practice and his kin or family were likely victims of these heinous crimes and what this implies is that it is likely that my own kin were victims of this act therefore I or most common people are connected to African Americans on the victim side and not the Perpetrator side of this crime against humanity.

You my friend are indeed the coon!

Read the article below and weep in your ignorance

https://www.britannica.com/place/South-Africa/The-Delagoa-Bay-slave-trade

While events were unfolding at the Cape, the slave trade at Delagoa Bay had been expanding since about 1810 in response to demands for labour from plantations in Brazil and on the Mascarene Islands. During the late 1820s, slave exports from the Delagoa Bay area reached several thousand a year, in advance of what proved to be an ineffective attempt to abolish the Brazilian trade in 1830. After a dip in the early 1830s, the Bay slave trade peaked in the late 1840s.

The impact of the slave trade was increasing destabilization of hinterland societies as populations were forcibly removed. The Gaza, Nguni, and other groups became surrogate slavers and joined the Portuguese soldiers in inland raiding. Along the Limpopo and Vaal river networks, Delagoa Bay slavers competed with Griqua slavers in supplying the Cape. After slavers burned crops and famines became common, many groups—including the Ngwane, Ndebele, and some Hlubi—fled westward into the Highveld mountains during the 1810s and ’20s. The Kololo, on the other hand, moved east out of Transorangia, where they ran into Bay slavers, and migrated west into Botswana. In 1826 they were attacked by an alliance of Ngwaketse and European mercenaries and ended up in Zambia in the 1850s exporting slaves themselves to the Arabs and Portuguese.
Re: 16-Year-Old SA Girl Accused Of Witchcraft Commits Suicide, Leaves Note Behind by morpheus24: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Another nothing.

Another one liner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Somebody Help. I Have Been Disfigured / 11 Factors That Can Destroy Male Fertility / Dark Patches On My Skin. Dermatologists, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.