Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (43242 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by stephenponti(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:
Advice Needed. I Have An Issue Bothering My Soul And Life..

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

4. The environment is notin to write about but I can cope...

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

Nairaland family, I am so confused right now......

If you move in with her the risk is
1. You will have no privacy
2. you will have no say in the house
3. she may not explain why and where she goes to you
4. You may loose dignity as a man if the above happens.
5. Peradventure you impregnate her hope u will be ready to marry her or will you start seeing other posh lekki girls when your money starts rolling in.

Your choice, your life.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by kollysnut(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
use that same money to get yoursef your own place.....

wahala go come i repeat wahala go come

Timekeeper:

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by victorazy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

I can see your preparing to get married. grin

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by DieRich5: 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Time keeper don't do it oooo, women mata hard ND she will change cus I knew someone who did it ND he The one feeding everyone dere ND some issue he facing too

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by MJBOLT: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper,I use god beg you,don't move in with a woman,you will regret it.
Look for a male friend and squat with till you can afford your own place.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by ume1000: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
staga:

These modern day men (simps) need to go back to the mental toughness of our dads and granddads.

How can a man be contemplating such an arrangement with a woman he is not married to?
ogbeni shut ur gutter
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by omosefeeguaibor(f): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
With all I've read so far dear op, you have already made up your mind on what choice to make and I wonder why you still seek opinion from NL when you've decided it already.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Can you find another place or is this your only option? It's obvious it won't be a suitable living condition for you and you will be miserable there. Start looking for another place asap.

It's my only option dear..

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Femeto: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just move in. Just limit your time in the house.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by duduade: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Thanks.. Mainland is a no no coz of the cost

so why come here to bug people when you have your mind made up

abi you think you will get sympathy from a stranger here who lives on the Island

Abeg getaaat

6 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Barristter07: 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
logic102:
Do not think of staying with her, she can leave you stranded halfway. Let me share with you a little experience of mine.
I was posted to ifo local govt in Ogun state for nysc, I didn't bring anything along except for my clothes and shoes. At the school I was posted to, I met a female corper and I explained my situation to her, she opted that we contributed together to buy food and gas( she bought gas cylinder, plates, and spoons from home) I took it as a kind gesture, we did everything together.

Getting to the third week, she came to me that we cannot cook together for no reason, she knows I was broke during that period. Till month-end, I was drinking garri because I had no money to buy gas cylinder..

Moral story: Never trust a woman

Wetin you sef do to her? You dey Follow do house chores small?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

It's my only option dear..
I'm sorry about that sad
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by alabi484(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

Just come home to sleep and move out next morning.

I remember when something similar happened to me in abj...I got free food and pvssy as bonus
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
jaxxy:
How much is the rent for this ghetto fabulous ure talking about? And since Ure both combining money why not look for a much better place with privacy so everybody is happy than this huge inconvenience? undecided

Even if u must rent, it wunt cost less than 150k for all. I dnt av such funds.. I am just getting a job
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
Minjim:
This is Lagos

I've lived in a house with the worst bathroom and toilet I've never seen b4. Now I'm living in a three bedroom with my own toilet.

Moral...go manage it.

I have no problem with the toilet.. I am jut scared of how ladies may misbehave
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Styluss: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

crazy deal... Seek alternatives
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
thunderandfire47:
This op sef. Reading through ur comments ,I can deduce few things. You are covetous, crafty and lazy. You have been given an honest advice here. Stay away from that lady and keep your respect. God bless you

U don't know me.. I wunt give u a reply....

Peace
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
That thing na trap. A big one. From your description, it doesn't worth it. Living with a girl under the same room is different from being just friends. Yes, it looks sweet, grin but don't try it. E get why...Most of these ladies are good at manipulation. Unless she's your wife/the real madam, never house any babe out of pity...She comes, spend one or two days and leave. Don't tell me the salary is not even upto 300k.

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by mrnelsono(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hmmmmm...... guy the girl in question is not ur relative right??
Just know that human beings most especially girls are unpredictable.... dont do something that cause you premuim tears tomorrow
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
kollysnut:
use that same money to get yoursef your own place.....

wahala go come i repeat wahala go come

30k to get a place? Not a chance... I even suggested we pay 6 months.. Dts just 15k each...
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
Styluss:
crazy deal... Seek alternatives

How and where..money creates alternatives..

When there is no money, no much alternatives
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by raphy(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Guy no let the woman make you want to go live in a ghetto area in the island just to belong.
Make you think wel .no be say police will come there one day looking for bad guys and take you along

She is not ya family member of she come die one day in the house after a sex rump somewhere they wil hold u responsible.so try think like a man . forget the offer even the way you narate the toilet area make someone want to throwup.

*Spits *
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
MJBOLT:
Timekeeper,I use god beg you,don't move in with a woman,you will regret it.
Look for a male friend and squat with till you can afford your own place.

I dey try but I never see. Bro
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Vuproff: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
I will possible pay for 6 months with her if i were you, but if you are paying for a year, you should volunteer some of the money you would have used for agency and commission fees to fix some of the issues in the house and make it a little comfortable for you while you are there until you find a better place.

Life is about calculations and making daily progressive choices.
You life just started bro!

All the best!
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Stylishdebby(f): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Is that the only house in that ghetto, find somewhere else if u are not comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Dshocker(m): 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

Make i hear say una no quarrel
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by jaxxy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Even if u must rent, it wunt cost less than 150k for all. I dnt av such funds.. I am just getting a job

I do understand u perfectly bt I’m thinking there might be a better place within same range in these ghettos. If not then I don’t know what to advise. It depends on what u both can tolerate and handle.

What’s the worst that cud happen with this inconvenience? Think about that and If u can manage any scenario that can play out go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
See as them open ajah people nyansh grin.lol..

On a more serious note.
Get a decent place on the mainland rather than live in that kind of house. Better still, go to sangotedo, there are nice houses there. Newly erected structures that the interior looks like a five star suite.

You can get a single room selfcon.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
MHBNeiman:
That thing na trap. A big one. From your description, it doesn't worth it. Living with a girl under the same room is different from being just friends. Yes, it looks sweet, grin but don't try it. E get why...Most of these ladies are good at manipulation. Unless she's your wife/the real madam, never house any babe out of pity...She comes, spend one or two days and leave. Don't tell me the salary is not even upto 300k.

300k for where.. Far far below bro
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Stylishdebby:
Is that the only house in that ghetto, find somewhere else if u are not comfortable with it.

Getting a place is money. I am just getting a job.. Miss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / See The Snake I Killed In The Midnight (pics) / Woman Gives Birth In A BRT Bus In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.