Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (42876 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Well, whatever decision you're going to make, please don't ever agree to live together.
Timekeeper:

300k for where.. Far far below bro
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Mom007(f): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
Dear op, don't let people who don't live in Lagos advice you to be commuting from mainland to island and back everyday o. You will just kill yourself. How I wish this person was a guy... It would have been great but a stubborn lady...?
Well, staying idle is a no- no. If you must move in with that lady, you must be very disciplined. Carry your own foam or mat or whatever. You must be strictly roommates and don't ever cross the lines of familiarity. Cook your own food, if possible, eat outside before coming home. That place should just be where you lay your head at night and never get comfortable in that arrangement. Never rest until you move out and avoid the mentality of " I must use my money finish before I move out." If you get something better 2 weeks or 2months down the line, move out and leave the place for them. Its unfortunate the country is so bad and is forcing you to even consider such arrangements. We pray it gets better, for all our sakes.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
MHBNeiman:
Well, whatever decision you're going to make, please don't ever agree to live together.
Then what shud I do bro
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
cosby07:

PLEASE I BEG YOU WITH EVERYTHING IN THIS LIFE AND LIFE TO COME, DON'T TRY IT TALKLESS OF DOING IT. I AM A VICTIM, PLEASE AGAIN, DON'T DO IT, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
What shud I do bro.. No place again
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by ThickSharon123(f): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:
Advice Needed. I Have An Issue Bothering My Soul And Life..

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

4. The environment is notin to write about but I can cope...

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

Nairaland family, I am so confused right now......

You can get a hostel
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mom007:
Dear op, don't let people who don't live in Lagos advice you to be commuting from mainland to island and back everyday o. You will just kill yourself. How I wish this person was a guy... It would have been great but a stubborn lady...?
Well, staying idle is a no- no. If you must move in with that lady, you must be very disciplined. Carry your own foam or mat or whatever. You must be strictly roommates and don't ever cross the lines of familiarity. Cook your own food, if possible, eat outside before coming home. That place should just be where you lay your head at night and never get comfortable in that arrangement. Never rest until you move out and avoid the mentality of " I must use my money finish before I move out." If you get something better 2 weeks or 2months down the line, move out and leave the place for them. Its unfortunate the country is so bad and is forcing you to even consider such arrangements. We pray it gets better, for all our sakes.

You seem to be the only one dt captured my point exactly as it is...

Most people don't understand going from mainland to island..

And I sleep on the floor bcox I am not comfortable with the bed..... And there is notin btw us.. Even though she is very free with me but I don't want it to get to much.

U can't predict ladies behavior. I am trying to be careful.. C

Concerning the rent... She said we shud pay 1 year but I opined Dt 6 months is okay.... I don't wana intend to stay too long if God makes me get the job fully after the probation period
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
ThickSharon123:

You can get a hostel

Where Dt one dey?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by uptownemmygee(m): 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
I for say make you go stay irrespective of the condition, their are a lot of people that built their own house from staying in a single room without toilet and bathroom but that lady friend of yours is my main concern because women are like snake five minutes they are friendly and the next minutes they can bite you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
uptownemmygee:
I for say make you go stay irrespective of the condition, their are a lot of people that built their own house from staying in a single room without toilet and bathroom but that lady friend of yours is my main concern because women are like snake five minutes they are friendly and the next minutes they can bite you.

U get my point exactly....
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by ThickSharon123(f): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Where Dt one dey?

Check Jiji, or Bookings.com or Google Chrome just search Hostels in the island. And you get cheap rates, but most times it favours we women. You men have a problem with your fellow men grin grin. I gues ls you people's strong head and gra gra is too much.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by timidapsin(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
ThickSharon123:

Check Jiji, or Bookings.com or Google Chrome just search Hostels in the island. And you get cheap rates, but most times it favours we women. You men have a problem with your fellow men grin grin. I gues ls you people's strong head and gra gra is too much.

Not true.. The female gender is always favored anywhere, because it is believed that man must hustle and suffer to achieve anything

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by nelszx: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
My brother stay with your brother to save face till you can afford an apartment of your own. You will cope and stop pressuring yourself because you fancy the chance of living with a lady.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Look for another job even if it pays small money or find a guy around that area. There's a kind of peace of mind you have when you don't have woman wahala either emotional or billing. No matter how innocent she sounds, na trap. Be honest and stay focused. Better offers will come.
Timekeeper:

Then what shud I do bro

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by 09085607453king: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
How I wish you are in port Harcourt. I have never been to Lagos so I don't know how it is there but I feel your plight. Take a risk and stay with her, change your attitude and be very nice to her. As soon as you are paid japa from her. THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Depressed101: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

if you don't want to cater for the well-being of those grown ass women, run for your life, how could you even consider such Are you new with women,? There is no way, I repeat no way you can avoid trouble with women when you live together, if you treat them right wahala, if you treat them bad wahala, to even add salt to the already salty situation, they are two sisters, I can think about 20 scenarios right now that will cause trouble, it's either you start servicing one of the girls sexually which is by the way absolutely unavoidable, then the other one gets jealous and wants some too, if you refuse, ah you don cause trouble, (if you play strong head and decide to not shook prick, you don enter wahala be that).

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
ThickSharon123:

And the price is like how much..

If I had much, I wunt consider staying
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
09085607453king:
How I wish you are in port Harcourt. I have never been to Lagos so I don't know how it is there but I feel your plight. Take a risk and stay with her, change your attitude and be very nice to her. As soon as you are paid japa from her. THE LORD IS YOUR STRENGTH

Thank you boss
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Hakeem3(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

Why not look for a more convenient place where you both will be co-tenant
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
nelszx:
My brother stay with your brother to save face till you can afford an apartment of your own. You will cope and stop pressuring yourself because you fancy the chance of living with a lady.

E no fit work bro.. Tfare alone has killed me

Not possible bro imagine 1500 to 1800 plus hold up and stress... Daily

Compared to 300 to 400 daily..
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hakeem3:

Why not look for a more convenient place where you both will be co-tenant

I don't av the finance for now.. Bro..

I wish we cud get a better place but finance is an issue.. I am just getting this job.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

You are enjoying that why you listen all this point
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Sttk: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
No
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Mariangeles(f): 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:
Ajah has a ghetto? Thesame ajah that bukola and sandra no go alow us hear word? Lmao.. Lagos very overated state

cheesy
Do you stay in Lagos?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Solofresh2: 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
If the lady is not a troublesome person, try managing with her and when you start working you can gather money to rent an apartment but if you know she is troublesome, don't bother staying with her because you might probably regret it because it is not that easy to find an apartment and all those times you are staying with her, she might make life miserable for you even before you move out.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Candidlady: 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

cheesy Do you stay in Lagos?
nah... Icant stay in lagos
but ajah means dog! Why name an area dog?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Mariangeles(f): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

nah... Icant stay in lagos

but ajah means dog! Why name an area dog?

You have come again with your Yoruba curiosity. grin
The difference is in the pronunciation. cheesy

Lagos is chaotically overpopulated my dear.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Candidlady: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

You have come again with your Yoruba curiosity. grin
The difference is in the pronunciation. cheesy

cheesy

Oya no vex, but ajah is dog yeah?

[/quote]Lagos is chaotically overpopulated my dear.
[/quote]

so iheard o, but they keep hyping it!! Comparing abuja to lagos makes me wanna puke

ajah ko ewure ni

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by King44(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just make sure that you have a job that keep you busy almost 24 hours and you drop money regularly cos if you dey house on a steady you may seem crazy, that could even be the end of your friendship with her.

With men it could be crazy
With women na another level of craziness

Above all, no dey house, get busy and assist her with money to make up for your absence.

Doing it would help you stay respected and stay out of trouble.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by tellwisdom: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Thanks for this... But kindly note Dt, if I am going from my place on mainland to island, it will cost me almost 1500 to 1600 to fro daily....

If I stay here in island, it will cost me at most 300 to 400 to fro daily

Na by force to work for island??...come make I give you work for site...Come de offload cement.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Mariangeles(f): 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

cheesy

Oya no vex, but ajah is dog yeah?

I no vex nah. cheesy
Yes, aja means dog.

Lagos is chaotically overpopulated my dear.

so iheard o, but they keep hyping it!! Comparing abuja to lagos makes me wanna puke

ajah ko ewure ni

Maybe it's hyped because it's the city that never sleeps. cheesy
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by flokii: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
@OP If you don't like the condition of the house, don't pay.. environment matters alot, so don't let any lady trick you into renting an apartment for you, her and her sisiter.

What if she or the sister starts bringing difderent guys to the house you both paid for?.. won't that cause quarrels? Use your head o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Treasure Ofunya Found After Eight Days — Family (Photos) / Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.