Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (42885 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by emaopel: 12:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Timekeeper:

Place of work is a no no.. I am not even been given offer letter... It is still a discussion on table... ND I don't av frnds staying here..... Most of my times have been spent outisde Lagos due to school and service... Right since 2012 wey I don start this academic stuff.. I no dey really stay Lagos... I am just bothered...

Attention: if there is any guy be it Muslim or Christian here staying on the island Dt I can squat with, I will really appreciate.. I am of good behavior and a Christian... I don't drink nor smoke, I mind my business..... I am an active person Dt seeks opportunities and my drive for success is unending...

https://www.nairaland.com/6865390/need-anyone-staying-island-lekki
Bro, I think staying with a friend you are bit known is better to squat with stranger... Trust no one for real.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Trojan8(m): 1:06am On Nov 25, 2021
AuroraB:
If you wake early, from Ipaja to VI is 500. Join private cars who do that to fuel their cars, kini undecided undecided undecided undecided

That's 1k every day IF he's are lucky to get one coming back.

At the end of the day, the amount the OP quoted is not far fetched. This is even assuming he stays in Ipaja and won't spend a dime after getting to VI.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 1:34am On Nov 25, 2021
armyofone:
Stay with your brother and be nice. Contribute a little towards living with him and save your money for rent for a year or two (that is having a plan). Start looking for your place in the 18th month.

Please forget this friend's place for now.

I can't do that... The distance is time consuming, energy consuming and money consuming.... Moreover my brother place is choked... When I came back from service, I knew I cudnt stay there 4 long.. It is overly choked...

It is nt convenient Dt I go from mainland to island... Lagos stress..

Sir, I really can't do Dt..
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 1:36am On Nov 25, 2021
Remman:
Guy, move in with your wife... Reports of lovers dying in another lover house these days is alarming! Don't be surprised to see yourself behind bars for the crime you never committed. Truth is always very bitter o...!
.. It's nt funny..

Try harder
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 7:30am On Nov 25, 2021
pocohantas:

I had to comment because of this.

Are you sure this job is worth it?

Is the pay up to 120k? That is me being realistic.

I am asking because of the location. I can’t speak for all of them, but I am very wary of jobs in Chevron, Lekki or residential areas generally. Especially those “Island companies”. I can give a vivid description of your workplace, I know them very well. Also, some of them have the habit of owing, as they are usually startups or sole proprietorships. Let’s not talk about the lack of structure.

The ones in VI and Ikoyi are manageable, but you see those Island companies inside 3 bedroom flats? Fear them.

Please, look for a job on the mainland.
Try this site https://www.hotnigerianjobs(dot)com/

I can't lose this job.... With the way things are, when do I expect another job to come? I am already idle and it's so annoying.... Not upto 120 but it's sumtin I can start with rather than sit home doing notin

Secondly, it's not those 3 bedroom flat offices gringrin

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by pocohantas(f): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2021
Timekeeper:

I can't lose this job.... With the way things are, when do I expect another job to come? I am already idle and it's so annoying.... Not upto 120 but it's sumtin I can start with rather than sit home doing notin

Secondly, it's not those 3 bedroom flat offices gringrin

Lol. You sure? cheesy
We all started from somewhere. I’ll keep up with your progress. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Remman(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2021
Timekeeper:
.. It's nt funny..
Try harder
Supposed i was cracking jokes... That would be you!
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 7:55am On Nov 25, 2021
pocohantas:

Lol. You sure? cheesy
We all started from somewhere. I’ll keep up with your progress. Have a nice day.

I'm so sure.... Thank you Poco
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Chigold101(m): 7:55am On Nov 25, 2021
Timekeeper:

Thanks for this... But kindly note Dt, if I am going from my place on mainland to island, it will cost me almost 1500 to 1600 to fro daily....

If I stay here in island, it will cost me at most 300 to 400 to fro daily
Guy!
You like excuses oh...

If I were you I will stay away from that lady and look for where to stay after I have resumed work.

1: If you like any girl you can't bring her home.
2: Your female relatives can't visit you.
3: As you are not dating her, you might fancy her sister or her sister might fancy you.
4: She will bring a man or men home.
5: Feeding money will be coming from you.
6: Eyes will always be on you for bills needed to run the house.
7: Both of you might end up having sex and all her responsibilities will fall on your head.
8: You might even start fụ.cking both of them.

Look at the points I raised then think of the implications bearing in mind that the receipt of the house will bear her name and not yours.

My advice
Don't go into that relationship, it will leave you with depression

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 7:57am On Nov 25, 2021
Chigold101:

Guy!
You like excuses oh...

If I were you I will stay away from that lady and look for where to stay after I have resumed work.

1: If you like any girl you can't bring her home.
2: Your female relatives can't visit you.
3: As you are not dating her, you might fancy her sister or her sister might fancy you.
4: She will bring a man or men home.
5: Feeding money will be coming from you.
6: Eyes will always be on you for bills needed to run the house.
7: Both of you might end up having sex and all her responsibilities will fall on your head.
8: You might even start fụ.cking both of them.

Look at the points I raised then think of the implications bearing in mind that the receipt of the house will bear her name and not yours.

My advice
Don't go into that relationship, it will leave you with depression

I understand all your point and I am so sad abt it... Still, I have no options.. This is my only way now....
What can I do?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Chigold101(m): 8:02am On Nov 25, 2021
Timekeeper:

I understand all your point and I am so sad abt it... Still, I have no options.. This is my only way now....
What can I do?

Go and co habit with her.

Mtcheeeew
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Trojan8(m): 8:45am On Nov 25, 2021
Chigold101:

Go and co habit with her.

Mtcheeeew

Instead of getting angry. Why don't you give him another option?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by blazintrail: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2021
Guy you already know what you want to do, I don't know why you are wasting our time here. What is the difference between staying on the mainland and staying in Ajah? You cannot say it is for proximity because my brother that is a big fat lie. The traffic on that Ajah axis now to VI is even worse than the traffic from the mainland to VI. If I were you I will stay put on the mainland. The place in AJah you described is not even worth the stress.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2021
blazintrail:
Guy you already know what you want to do, I don't know why you are wasting our time here. What is the difference between staying on the mainland and staying in Ajah? You cannot say it is for proximity because my brother that is a big fat lie. The traffic on that Ajah axis now to VI is even worse than the traffic from the mainland to VI. If I were you I will stay put on the mainland. The place in AJah you described is not even worth the stress.

You don't get it. Maybe the mods changed itt Lagos Island but the place of work is at Lekki chevron side..

And yes, promixity and cost is a big issue...
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by suffering: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2021
Person go just decide to buy trouble when no suppose dey. If you do this, in the next two months you’ll come here to update us that she either threw you out or is unnecessarily belligerent. If she is not a direct family member, keep distance. You’re a man, find your means to survive.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 10:23am On Nov 25, 2021
suffering:
Person go just decide to buy trouble when no suppose dey. If you do this, in the next two months you’ll come here to update us that she either threw you out or is unnecessarily belligerent. If she is not a direct family member, keep distance. You’re a man, find your means to survive.

Boss. I appreciate ur comment.. If I was nt disturbed abt this, I wud nt av brought it here..

This seems to be my only option for now....
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Chigold101(m): 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
Trojan8:

Instead of getting angry. Why don't you give him another option?
As advocate, trace to post I sent to him that attracted his response.

I think after seeing you should now know if my anger is justified or not
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by seanwilliam(m): 4:11am On Nov 26, 2021
Timekeeper:

I doubt if u no the meaning of simp. U see people using it here and u decided to use it too.

Nairaland has helped ur life.. Boy
Guy, borrow money from friends and family , rent your own apartment . If you’re good to people , raising 100-200k should not be a big deed. Dispose some of your unused assets to raise funds for now , don’t worry , you will get much more better ones when you hammer. Surviving is the goal first.

Don’t ever live with a woman you’re not married to. Even if it’s your sister, make sure you’re the elder.. woman Help no dey come freely . Besides how can you be living with two women u barely know very well? You’re playing with fire.

I will not even stay with my girlfriend not to talk of women I barely know . It is not about ego , it’s about my own sanity .. as u see me so, I avoid anything that has to do with drama. And I Dey quick vex if person offend , hence I maintain whatever I have .God bless u
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 11:41am On Feb 13, 2022
Mom007:
Dear op, don't let people who don't live in Lagos advice you to be commuting from mainland to island and back everyday o. You will just kill yourself. How I wish this person was a guy... It would have been great but a stubborn lady...?
Well, staying idle is a no- no. If you must move in with that lady, you must be very disciplined. Carry your own foam or mat or whatever. You must be strictly roommates and don't ever cross the lines of familiarity. Cook your own food, if possible, eat outside before coming home. That place should just be where you lay your head at night and never get comfortable in that arrangement. Never rest until you move out and avoid the mentality of " I must use my money finish before I move out." If you get something better 2 weeks or 2months down the line, move out and leave the place for them. Its unfortunate the country is so bad and is forcing you to even consider such arrangements. We pray it gets better, for all our sakes.

Thanks.. I'm doing this so far.. The lady friend of mine dt rented this place doesn't even stay home, it is her elder sis dt stays home.. She has been out of job since December... She is Sumone with I don't care attitude, she only care about herself.... I don't even mind, I don't even eat from her pot except OK Xmas time when I gave her some money to cook.... I buy food and eat.... Sumtyms I give her money to eat.....

Since December dt we ate Xmas food, never eaten in the house, I buy food outisde, I even paid to fill gas but I never used the gas for once.. I pay for Nepa bill Cox I don't av any issue with dt

This lady is just stubborn.. Tried talking to her but b4 u no it, she will be telling me I am not her BF, so I jsut keep shut.... She jsut does things anyhow bcox her sister owns the place...

Infact she has been keeping malice with me and it was yesterday I had to beg her bcox I can't live in the same room with sumone not talking to me...... She doesn't even know how to say I'm sorry or thank you.......

janzguy:
Then if you must stay, there are certain things to do to keep your peace and sanity.

1. Always support financially in the running of the house. Give her money for food even if you are not going to eat the food that day.

2. Never stay at home or indoors for too long. Even in your free days and time, dont stay at home for too long, you could take a stroll or go watch football (Women will disrespect you too quickly when you are always in their faces).

3. Try and avoid confrontations or issues.. Remember she is not your girlfriend but your room mate.

4. Always have it at the back of our mind that it is her house and not your house or our house. But her house!!!!!

5. Never get angry when she comes back home late. Even if you must get angry dont overreact, cos nshe is your room mate and not your babe.

6. Make sure your support financially!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Make sure your support financially!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Make sure your support financially!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I do it but I will stop doing it........ Why should I give money to sumone who is cares only abt herself..... Very hard to say I'm sorry or thank you.....

2. I don't stay at home... I work...

3. We don't av any issues but just yesterday, I jsut had to apologize to her bcox she said I was shunning her, hence, she stopped talking to me.. I had to apologize. But she is Sumone who never wants to acknowledge dt she cud be wrong sumtyms, just dt i don't want to talk..

4. The lady I am talking abt exactly doesn't even stay home. I have been staying with her elder sis dt I talked abt. So all what i said above is abt her sis... Me and my lady friend doesn't have any single issue bcox she stays with her frnd and only comes home once in a while... So it is her sis dt I stay with..

5. She has a bf and I am nt pained... Although there was a time she went out at night to sleep at her bf place, though I was annoyed at first but later came to my senses..

6, 7, 8: I will stop supporting her.. Whenever she ask, I wunt give her again.... She can't even apologize nor say thank you. I have never eaten from her pot except Xmas time when I gave her money to cook. I av never even use the gas to cook, I buy food outside..

9. I can't even correct her, the next thing she tells me is dt, I am nt her boyfriend...

She is kind of annoying but I will jsut mind my business while maintaining good relationship with her

King44:
She doesn't have to be your gf. Just treat her the same way you would treat your girl, you can drop money once a while cos always could give her entitlement mentality.

Those her my 2 cents women are complicated.

An when you begin live with people you go know their true nature, doing that doesn't make you a simp but shows that you also care about running the house.

Sup bro... Honestly I av been trying my best... But my friend sister is jsut sumtin else..... I don't even from her pot but I try to help her whenever she ask me for money but sumtin is, she doesn't know how to say thank you or I'm sorry.... This minute she is fine, another minute she is having mood swing...

I can't even correct her, she will be asking me if I am her bf...

I av decided to stop giving her any money even if I have....... I even tried to help her with a job wer I work but she is not even serious abt it.....
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2022
Depressed101:
if you don't want to cater for the well-being of those grown ass women, run for your life, how could you even consider such Are you new with women,? There is no way, I repeat no way you can avoid trouble with women when you live together, if you treat them right wahala, if you treat them bad wahala, to even add salt to the already salty situation, they are two sisters, I can think about 20 scenarios right now that will cause trouble, it's either you start servicing one of the girls sexually which is by the way absolutely unavoidable, then the other one gets jealous and wants some too, if you refuse, ah you don cause trouble, (if you play strong head and decide to not shook prick, you don enter wahala be that).

I'm servicing none of them.... I am trying to avoid catering for them.. The one I know well doesn't even stay at home, it is her sis dt stays home.....
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2022
King44:
She doesn't have to be your gf. Just treat her the same way you would treat your girl, you can drop money once a while cos always could give her entitlement mentality.

Those her my 2 cents women are complicated.

An when you begin live with people you go know their true nature, doing that doesn't make you a simp but shows that you also care about running the house.

Sup bro... Honestly I av been trying my best... But my friend sister is jsut sumtin else..... I don't even from her pot but I try to help her whenever she ask me for money but sumtin is, she doesn't know how to say thank you or I'm sorry.... This minute she is fine, another minute she is having mood swing...

I av decided to stop giving her any money even if I have....... I even tried to help her with a job wer I work but she is not even serious abt it.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
nelszx:

If you can please do.

Just go into a signed agreement with him and when you may want him to vacate should need be.

After several calls to him, he came up with another excuse dt he forgot dt he has promised another person the room.... I jsut had to let him go...

Since he doesn't owe me nor does he have the obligation to do it by force....

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Depressed101: 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2022
Timekeeper:

I'm servicing none of them.... I am trying to avoid catering for them.. The one I know well doesn't even stay at home, it is her sis dt stays home.....
do your will magmazelle .
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2022
Timekeeper:

5. She has a bf and I am nt pained... Although there was a time she went out at night to sleep at her bf place, though I was annoyed at first but later came to my senses..

Why were you annoyed? I ask because this seems to be normal with your kind,
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2022
pocohantas:

Why were you annoyed? I ask because this seems to be normal with your kind,

But it doesn't move me again...... I am even less concerned sha
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 2:22am On Feb 18, 2022
suffering:
Lol

I dey tell you.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by suffering: 8:26am On Feb 18, 2022
Timekeeper:

Lol. I saw this coming from a mile away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.