Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (42883 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by nelszx: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kingharzyz:
I could offer you my BQ in Vgc but! Nigerians.

Kindly endure things will get better
If you can please do.

Just go into a signed agreement with him and when you may want him to vacate should need be.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Govocrete: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you make the mistake to pay, you are on your own. Pay only if the landlord will issue the receipt in your name as the new occupant, apart from that you are a squatter who can be evicted anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Trojan8(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
nelszx:

Na Ogun state your brother dey live? 1k5 to 1k8 even people who stay in Abule egba to VI dont pay up to that

Obalende to Ajah, to and fro is #600 daily. You have not calculated the amount that it would cost from wherever he is on the Mainland.

Be like you don't know what's going on

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:
Advice Needed. I Have An Issue Bothering My Soul And Life..

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

4. The environment is notin to write about but I can cope...

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

Nairaland family, I am so confused right now......
Nigga you've already made up ur mind

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Iamolukorede(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
You have to manage it like that for now pending the time you will see a better option for accommodation. Get the job first, when you get to the bridge you will know how to cross it

He as to plan well, it is okay to take the job first and get along with co workers, to discuss with them for options. He might be lucky you know?, Staying in a wrong environment also affect work production.

I still can't find you on telegram by the name you gave PM me your mobile details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
nelszx:

Na Ogun state your brother dey live? 1k5 to 1k8 even people who stay in Abule egba to VI dont pay up to that

Bros how much Iyana Ipaja to oshodi... 150 to 200.

Oshodi to Ajah nko.. If na brt 500.. If na buses, maybe 600 or so

If I dey come back nko, back to oshodi na 500 for brt and 600 or 700 if na buses.
Oshodi to iyana ipaja in the evening can take as much as 300 to 400 if they hike it..

Consider the traffic and stress..

I am nt new to Lagos bro. This is my home.. I know how it goes
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Trojan8:

Obalende to Ajah, to and fro is #600 daily. You have not calculated the amount that it would cost from wherever he is on the Mainland.

He doesn't know... I doubt if he is conversant with lagos fee..

Cc: nelszx
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kingharzyz:

Sir, if I misbehave. You can evict me anytime..

I understand your fears about human being but it's not everyone sir.....

I can sign any agreement with you shud incase I misbehave.. You can do whatever u deem fit sir..

Pls help me
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by cosby07: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

What shud I do bro.. No place again

I KNOW ITS STRESSFUL MOVING FROM MAINLAND TO ISLAND, BUT BRO FACE THE STRESS NOW AND PLAN AHEAD, I DEY STAY MAINLAND AND WORKING AT LAKOWE THATS AFTER AJAH, MY EXPERIENCE, I HOUSED A LADY, BUT I PAID HEAVLY FOR IT. WELL LONG STORY, BUT PLEASE DONT DO THIS... CHECK MY PROFILE MY CONTACT IS THERE, WHATSAPP ME SO I CAN SHARE MY STORY IF YOU WISH TO, BUT PLEASE AGAIN DONT DO IT ...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by nelszx: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Bros how much Iyana Ipaja to oshodi... 150 to 200.

Oshodi to Ajah nko.. If na brt 500.. If na buses, maybe 600 or so

If I dey come back nko, back to oshodi na 500 for brt and 600 or 700 if na buses.
Oshodi to iyana ipaja in the evening can take as much as 300 to 400 if they hike it..

Consider the traffic and stress..

I am nt new to Lagos bro. This is my home.. I know how it goes
Where's your work located or intended work located?

And where does your brother stay as per location in Lagos
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by nelszx: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

I can sign any agreement with you shud incase I misbehave.. You can do whatever u deem fit sir..

Pls help me
@kingharzyz please help him if you can

Let him sign whatsoever, its not easy in these times
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
nelszx:

Where's your work located or intended work located?

And where does your brother stay as per location in Lagos
Iyana Ipaja bro..

WORK is around chevron bus stoo
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by ifelawboy(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

Oro gidi ni o so. Nkan gidi lo wole to e wa yi. Lo ba arabirin oun gbe ni irepodun. Sugbon nkankan dami loju 'e shi ma dora yin ni kikan kikan ti yo si di oyun. Sugbon mafo oremi atata. Gbobgbo wa patapata ni 'ilenaira' yio ba e wa se ikomo re.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin
ifelawboy:

Oro gidi ni o so. Nkan gidi lo wole to e wa yi. Lo ba arabirin oun gbe ni irepodun. Sugbon nkankan dami loju 'e shi ma dora yin ni kikan kikan ti yo si di oyun. Sugbon mafo oremi atata. Gbobgbo wa patapata ni 'ilenaira' yio ba e wa se ikomo re.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Trojan8:

he thinks mainland starts and ends in Oshodi. From oshodi to other parts of mainland fit take dat 1500 sef.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by mediainc: 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Do what you got to do...mind your business, stay safe when commuting to and from work, don't give in to the ghetto bullshit, stay focused.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by yungchop: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

i no know say ghetto dey for ajah na.. abeg na like how much? been planning to move to lagos.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
But really, wahala no de tire una?
human beings sef, kai!
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
yungchop:

i no know say ghetto dey for ajah na.. abeg na like how much? been planning to move to lagos.

Maybe 100 to 150k
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kingharzyz:

Please help this young man if you can, he should pay for the apartment though.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by AuroraB(f): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Thanks for this... But kindly note Dt, if I am going from my place on mainland to island, it will cost me almost 1500 to 1600 to fro daily....

If I stay here in island, it will cost me at most 300 to 400 to fro daily
Go and live in with her naa! Haba angry
You have a ready answer to counter every wise counsel. Nansense sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by AuroraB(f): 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Trojan8:

If you wake early, from Ipaja to VI is 500. Join private cars who do that to fuel their cars, kini undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Kingharzyz(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Pls help me

Ok. Let's talk tomorrow. God bless
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kingharzyz:

Ok. Let's talk tomorrow. God bless

Okay sir.. Thank you
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
AuroraB:
Go and live in with her naa! Haba angry
You have a ready answer to counter every wise counsel. Nansense sad

Why are you annoyed with me for taking time to explain my plight?

Is it up to that??
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by yungchop: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Maybe 100 to 150k

ontop bathroom wey no get door? you dey whine me?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by armyofone(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Stay with your brother and be nice. Contribute a little towards living with him and save your money for rent for a year or two (that is having a plan). Start looking for your place in the 18th month.

Please forget this friend's place for now.

Timekeeper:

My concerns:

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Remman(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Guy, move in with your wife... Reports of lovers dying in another lover house these days is alarming! Don't be surprised to see yourself behind bars for the crime you never committed. Truth is always very bitter o...!
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by pocohantas(f): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

The workplace is located at chevron area...

I stay at Iyana ipaja on mainland.. Tfare on this can range from 1500 to 1800 daily

At Ajah, it is just 400 daily

I had to comment because of this.

Are you sure this job is worth it?

Is the pay up to 120k? That is me being realistic.

I am asking because of the location. I can’t speak for all of them, but I am very wary of jobs in Chevron, Lekki or residential areas generally. Especially those “Island companies”. I can give a vivid description of your workplace, I know them very well. Also, some of them have the habit of owing, as they are usually startups or sole proprietorships. Let’s not talk about the lack of structure.

The ones in VI and Ikoyi are manageable, but you see those Island companies inside 3 bedroom flats? Fear them.

Please, look for a job on the mainland.
Try this site https://www.hotnigerianjobs(dot)com/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by davillian(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

Add the mosquitoes, the flood and the area boys and make sure you dont hangout late or come home late if not you go buy phone tire

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Alaganature09(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Boss I wouldn’t advise you to live with her, women can be naughty at time I live with my own girlfriend for only two weeks nah only me know wetin I see within that period.. Abeg if finally get the job connect me too cos I just finished school too and am in need of a job
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Testimony1988(m): 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Since you don't like the house, then get another house and for you to cohabit with someone that's not your wife, is not a good thing, something might lead to another thing, and it won't be easy to undo what has been done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos) / Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.