Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? (42874 Views)

I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura / A Friend Of Mine Denied His Mother In Front Of His Friends Cause Of Shame / I Am In A State Of Dilemma... Should I Move On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by tritt(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
You don't drink nor smoke....what of woman matter?

Timekeeper:

If I must get another place, money for rent, agreement ń commission especially now Dt things are too hard.. I can't afford it

Most people are saying I should get a place.. The truth is that it's nt easy... Even my brother place Dt I stay temporarily, I am planning to leave bcox the place don dey choke....

We agreed to pay 1 year which is 30k each but I opted for 6 months.. I am hoping miracle can happen and God will take me to next level....

I can't reject the job and stay jobless.... I am not the type Dt loves staying home and doing nothing while others are at work. So this change Dt I got, I want to make use of it .

Attention: if there is any guy here staying on the island Dt I can squat with, I will really appreciate.. I am of good behavior and a Christian... I don't drink nor smoke, I mind my business..... I am an active person Dt seeks opportunities and my drive for success is unending...
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Olayetan(m): 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:
Advice Needed. I Have An Issue Bothering My Soul And Life..

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

4. The environment is notin to write about but I can cope...

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

Nairaland family, I am so confused right now......

Where's the workplace located on the island and where do you formerly stay on the mainland?

Living in Ajah area of island can be stressful going in and out, but i would still like to hear your response on my question.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2021
tritt:
You don't drink nor smoke....what of woman matter?

I'm moderate.. I behave myself around women... I am nt a flirt

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Olayetan:

Where's the workplace located on the island and where do you formerly stay on the mainland?

Living in Ajah area of island can be stressful going in and out, but i would still like to hear your response on my question.

The workplace is located at chevron area...

I stay at Iyana ipaja on mainland.. Tfare on this can range from 1500 to 1800 daily

At Ajah, it is just 400 daily
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mercychen:
See as them open ajah people nyansh grin.lol..

On a more serious note.
Get a decent place on the mainland rather than live in that kind of house. Better still, go to sangotedo, there are nice houses there. Newly erected structures that the interior looks like a five star suite.

You can get a single room selfcon.
My wish but na money go decide...

So only option is to squat with a guy and probably pay monthly rent or stay with the lady
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nyanabo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
My take ?

Secure the job first, moving into the shared apartment, be serious with the training, at the end of the day you past the probation period. Things would begin moving well and in no time you can get to a more decent place with better privacy.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Uyi168:
are you two dating??

anyhow Sha, it will end in hot premium tears.

Nah.. We ain't dating. Never
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
sisisioge:
What's all this bayi....biko go and find your own space separate. Abi you're getting married to the lady friend ni? It is well.

How do I get a separate place when there is no much funds and I am just starting a job on probation?
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by tritt(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cool enough.

Timekeeper:

I'm moderate.. I behave myself around women... I am nt a flirt
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My wish but na money go decide...

So only option is to squat with a guy and probably pay monthly rent or stay with the lady

Ehn.. squat with the guy if his place is better.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
Babara1994:
If I were you, I'll increase my options by resuming work first, hoping I get a place at work or someone at work who could render a better alternative. If you work in a manufacturing/engineering firm, there is a strong possiblity that you'd find a place to stay until weekends.

You can also find a co-worker who might give you one help or the other regarding ease of transportation or a much better accommodation.

Now, if you have exhausted all the above possibilities, you can now consider staying with her, but you should remember this saying from the Bible:
"Better to dwell on the top of the roof than to live with a contentious woman."

For your own good, I hope the lady you're staying with isn't a contentious woman. E get why

Timekeeper just follow this guy advise you will be fine. let that lady option be a second alternative not primary conclusion

exhaust all means first before concluding on managing with her even if at all you fall back to her, you should leave at the end of Friday and resume there after work on monday

women dey disrespect easily, friends na from far away e dey sweet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mercychen:

Ehn.. square with the guy if his place is better.

No one yet... I am looking out for one..
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

No one yet... I am looking out for one..

Oh.. I see.
Hopefully you'll get one.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

Timekeeper just follow this guy advise you will be fine. let that lady option be a second alternative not primary conclusion

exhaust all means first before concluding on managing with her even if at all you fall back to her, you should leave at the end of Friday and resume there after work on monday

women dey disrespect easily, friends na from far away e dey sweet

I get your point.. Dts my fear too but I don't know much people here

B4 I can get to meet work place people for assistance, i shud established myself in the place first...... It may take months and I still av to stay sumwer B4 I establish my relationship with work place people
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by shantti(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
No matter what, don't have sex with her, if u do, you will have to start feeding her, sharing your salary, taking care of her, taking care of her siblings, and sending small small things to her parents monthly.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by AyelalaOo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
You're about to catwalk into trap.
That's all I need to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Olayetan(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

The workplace is located at chevron area...

I stay at Iyana ipaja on mainland.. Tfare on this can range from 1500 to 1800 daily

At Ajah, it is just 400 daily

It's a tough one,
Honestly, i won't advise you to move in with the girl but coming from ipaja to chevron will drain your salary.

Before you decide to move in with her, try to explore other options...
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Olayetan:

It's a tough one,
Honestly, i won't advise you to move in with the girl but coming from ipaja to chevron will drain your salary.

Before you decide to move in with her, try to explore other options...

I am trying... But she said we need to pay the rent this weekend so landland wunt come and harass her....

It is really closing in on me.... Infact I am currently sourcing for my own part of the money and I bliv God will do it
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Uyi168: 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Nah.. We ain't dating. Never
Ok o.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Akinpresident: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
What of buying a bicycle and commute even if it's not the whole distance?

Like, you can ride the bike to some distance and park it at a safe place and complete the journey vua taxi.
While returning, you take taxi to the same location and ride back home.

Eliminate the idea of staying with a woman.
This is not a matter of being a simp or not.

You cannot afford all the troubles that'd come later.
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

I get your point.. Dts my fear too but I don't know much people here

B4 I can get to meet work place people for assistance, i shud established myself in the place first...... It may take months and I still av to stay sumwer B4 I establish my relationship with work place people

if you're the social type, you couldn't get along within few days, guys acquaintance doesn't take that long except you're not the type that relate easily
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

if you're the social type, you couldn't get along within few days, guys acquaintance doesn't take that long except you're not the type that relate easily

But I still need a place to stay B4 I even get on the job.....
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by jimcaddy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
See it's not worth the stress. Just reject it and look for something on the mainland. Because the moment you move in with her, trouble will begin. You wouldn't want to be enmeshed in the wahala of face-me-i-face-you house....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin
Akinpresident:
What of buying a bicycle and commute even if it's not the whole distance?

Like, you can ride the bike to some distance and park it at a safe place and complete the journey vua taxi.
While returning, you take taxi to the same location and ride back home.

Eliminate the idea of staying with a woman.
This is not a matter of being a simp or not.

You cannot afford all the troubles that'd come later.

grin grin grin I no Sabi bicycle and bicycle from mainland is no option. Stress nko..

1 Like

Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Oloristarr(f): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Baba said he doesn’t drink or smoke and he’s of good behavior and a Christian loooooooooool
You can do all and still be a good person and u can do none and be the most evil out there
Psychologist would be wary of a man that claims no vices
Timekeeper:

If I must get another place, money for rent, agreement ń commission especially now Dt things are too hard.. I can't afford it

Most people are saying I should get a place.. The truth is that it's nt easy... Even my brother place Dt I stay temporarily, I am planning to leave bcox the place don dey choke....

We agreed to pay 1 year which is 30k each but I opted for 6 months.. I am hoping miracle can happen and God will take me to next level....
I am trying... But she said we need to pay the rent this weekend so landland wunt come and harass her.... It is really closing in on me.... Infact I am currently sourcing for my own part of the money

I can't reject the job and stay jobless.... I am not the type Dt loves staying home and doing nothing while others are at work. So this change Dt I got, I want to make use of it .

Attention: if there is any guy here staying on the island Dt I can squat with, I will really appreciate.. I am of good behavior and a Christian... I don't drink nor smoke, I mind my business..... I am an active person Dt seeks opportunities and my drive for success is unending...

https://www.nairaland.com/6865390/need-anyone-staying-island-lekki
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Bigpapi: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

I am based on the mainland and I recently came back from akwa Ibom where I did my youth service... I stay with my brother on mainland hoping to get a job and move out..

By God grace, there is possibility of me getting a Job on the island even though it is not yet concluded... Meanwhile the job will be on probation as I am currently being trained on it.

I have a lady Frnd Dt I met since last year, no sexual stuff btw us. We have just been friends. She stays on the island (ajah) and her rent is expired, though she didn't plan to continue living in That house. Our plan is Dt she is moving out and I will pay but recently she had some financial issues and wunt be able to move out again. So she suggested that we should pay another 1 year rent.

My concerns:
1. She is not really troublesome but sumtyms she is very stubborn. Anyway she is a Good lady sha.

2. Possibility Dt her sis will stay with us. I don't know much abt her sis and I don't want trouble.

3. a. The house is located in a ghetto like area in Ajah where the bathroom has no door and even the next person bathroom and people outside will know u r the one bathing. (bathroom fence not tall and no roof)

3.b. The toilet fence are so short that the next person can see u and u can see him/her while pooing cry cry cry. I love privacy and this kind life is not what I wished for..

What should I do? I don't intend rejecting this job due to lack of a good place to stay and I can't stay In mainland to be working in island which of course is still a probatory stuff.

You're a papa Jax man
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
jimcaddy:
See it's not worth the stress. Just reject it and look for something on the mainland. Because the moment you move in with her, trouble will begin. You wouldn't want to be enmeshed in the wahala of face-me-i-face-you house....

I can't reject this job and stay jobless m.. Even my brother place on the mainland is choking me seriously and I planned moving out when I save enough after working......

I can never reject the job. Not in this type of economy
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Timekeeper: 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Oloristarr:
Baba said he doesn’t drink or smoke and he’s of good behavior and a Christian loooooooooool
You can do all and still be a good person and u can do none and be the most evil out there
Psychologist would be wary of a man that claims no vices

Noted má.. Thank you
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by cosby07: 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

My concerns:

PLEASE I BEG YOU WITH EVERYTHING IN THIS LIFE AND LIFE TO COME, DON'T TRY IT TALKLESS OF DOING IT. I AM A VICTIM, PLEASE AGAIN, DON'T DO IT, A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by komodapson(m): 5:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Badadvisor:

You trust ladies and anyone entirely?
Remember her names and signature would be on the receipt and not yours. Ladies are very unstable. She might want that today because of some financial situation she's going through but believe after you move in, it won't take long before she starts pouring out her frustrations she's going through at her working place or family on you and she might be forced to throw you out.

I'd advise you to find another option, a Male friend that can help while being honest with him.
I would be honest with you most guys don't mind accommodating a fellow gee so far he's very well coordinated, the problem is they would ask for 2 months stay and when it's passed two months they would refuse to leave and it might lead to one or two issues and before you know it he would be forced to throw you out angrily and you go about telling everyone is a bad person.

If you are saying for 2 months or 3 just try to be very much honest with whoever you're staying with and try to move out 3 days to 4 days beyforethe exact date.

Your respect would increase by %100

We are all in street working hard to be things right i am very sure your friends would help if you know as being very straightforward.

I have accommodated a stranger for 7 months, accommodated my friend and course mate then for almost two years and so many others, but trust me it caused some problems thereafter and i was forced throw him out.

Don't go into that silly deal with that girl, keep the little money you have with you and find a temporary accommodation in your place of work if you can't find a male friend to help.

Take heed to this advice...he has said it all...
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by Tunagee(m): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Naija girls with their shakara, see where she dey stay sef. Mchewww!!!!!
Re: Should I Move In With This Female Friend Of Mine On Lagos Island? by ericprince(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Chat me up let talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Missing Treasure Ofunya Found After Eight Days — Family (Photos) / Lady Calls Out The New Young Wife Of Her Estranged Husband (photo) / Nigerian Man Celebrates Sallah With His Three Wives And 19 Children (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.