Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall (5737 Views)

2023: Tinubu,pride Goes Before A Fall.. / Pride Goes Before “e Mi Lo Kan” And A Haughty Spirit Before A Fall / Fellow Igbos - Some Friday Advice For You. Pride Goes Before A Fall. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DitariDisciple2: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Igboid:

When are you going to make a Chibuike Emuchay from Azumuni Ndoki Abia state the president of your IYC or INC? grin
In the spirit of Ndoki new Ijaw status? grin
It wouldn't be new you know?
Igbos are used to rulling Ijaws.

Your frustrations end here.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Ekealterego: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
BKayy:

How does it feel now that you have realised that you have no claim to Ubani/Ibani/Bonny? Your or our friend Anonymous15 have cracked the case for all of us?

Lol. So even "Ibani" is not an Ijaw word grin.
May God bless Anonymous15 for this wonderful screenshot. He has managed to get us the original name of Kalabari and the other Igbo names of Ubani.
Plus, he has managed to complete the link between Bonny, Asa (Obigbo) and Ndoki.

cc SlayerForever, Igboid and Ekealterego.
The case has been solved.
Ibani was never an Ijaw word but Igbo.
The screenshot has completed the link.

Ijaw has no single claim to Bonny.
I actually sent him that screenshot which he was confirm and he was actually doing the gospel by spreading the news all over.
Their kings were Igbo...If you follow the second screenshot, King Pepple himself testified that he was Igbo alongside king of New Kalabar.
He knows.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:

When you can't read or have any factual evidence to counter everything I gave you, you then display your stupidity by coming of to tag your land grabbing comrades and laugh at your self imposed fake victory.
Brother man read that document. If you can't read, ask your friends to read for you.
Mind you, it was in one of my debates with your friend Ekealterego( whom I renamed OTONYE DOMOKUMA like my ancestors did yous) mistakenly brought that document up.
If you can't read clearly, I will type it out for you.

TERMINOLOGY FROM KING PEPPLE.
Bonny is called OKOLOMA by themselves
Bonny is called okoloBA by the ibos
osiminikun by the Aboh tribe of ibo
new Calabar is called Bom by the ibos

king pepple said that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA or Bonny language which is also the language of new Calabar.

I remain Rev and Dear sir
your obedient humble servant
Samuel crowther

Read and understand bro, even OTONYE DOMOKUMA didn't see that when he wanted to use it to attack me, what do y'all suffer from; jaundice??
Is it that you are blind or stupidity have clouded your eyes?

Are we seriously arguing what is written in this screenshot? grin

What was written in the beautiful masterpiece that you posted is and I quote.

"Bonny is called Okoloma by themselves.
Bonny is called Okoloba, Obani or Ibani by the Ibos.
Bonny is called Osiminiku by Abọ tribe of Ibos."

New Calabar is called Bom by the Ibos"

Please ask someone else to read it out for you if you can't read.

I understand that you are shocked to be one that helped us complete the puzzle.

I have always asked you people to tell us what "Ibani" that you people claim is Ijaw mean in Ijaw to no avail, but somehow God sent you to clarify that it was never an ijaw word.

Now the question is simple.
1. If Bonny was ever Ijaw, what was the name you Ijaw people call it?

As it stands now, the truth is that both Ubani and Ibani are Igbo words

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

I actually sent him that screenshot which he was confirm and he was actually doing the gospel by spreading the news all over.
Their kings were Igbo...If you follow the second screenshot, King Pepple himself testified that he was Igbo alongside king of New Kalabar.
He knows.
I believe the dude didn't read it before posting to me.

So you were the one that brought out the screenshot. No wonder. I was shocked to see someone from the drunk side, an ijaw man for that matter parading screenshot of a limited edition Ajayi Crowther literal work until you explained that he got it from you.

So the "Ibani" Ijaw people have been shouting up and down have always been an Igbo word.

The case has been settled.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

He knows.

Of course Pepple was Igbo

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Alabo7978(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2021
BKayy:

Is it that you are blind or stupidity have clouded your eyes?

Are we seriously arguing what is written in this screenshot? grin

What was written in the beautiful masterpiece that you posted is and I quote.

"Bonny is called Okoloma by themselves.
Bonny is called Okoloba, Obani or Ibani by the Ibos.
Bonny is called Osiminiku by Abọ tribe of Ibos."

New Calabar is called Bom by the Ibos"

Please ask someone else to read it out for you if you can't read.

I understand that you are shocked to be one that helped us complete the puzzle.

I have always asked you people to tell us what "Ibani" that you people claim is Ijaw mean in Ijaw to no avail, but somehow God sent you to clarify that it was never an ijaw word.

Now the question is simple.
1. If Bonny was ever Ijaw, what was the name you Ijaw people call it?

As it stands now, the truth is that both Ubani and Ibani are Igbo words
I have been following this thread,
You're still asking what the Ijaw Ethnic nationality called Bonny after the other guy typed it many times, and even showed you screenshot of Samuel crowther??
You're even the blind one here.
Can't you see it is called OKOLOMA by the original indigenes?
Can't you see igbos were slaves from the same excerpt?
Can't you read? Or see?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Ekealterego: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:

When you can't read or have any factual evidence to counter everything I gave you, you then display your stupidity by coming of to tag your land grabbing comrades and laugh at your self imposed fake victory.
Brother man read that document. If you can't read, ask your friends to read for you.
Mind you, it was in one of my debates with your friend Ekealterego( whom I renamed OTONYE DOMOKUMA like my ancestors did yous) mistakenly brought that document up.
If you can't read clearly, I will type it out for you.

TERMINOLOGY FROM KING PEPPLE.
Bonny is called OKOLOMA by themselves
Bonny is called okoloBA by the ibos
osiminikun by the Aboh tribe of ibo
new Calabar is called Bom by the ibos

king pepple said that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA or Bonny language which is also the language of new Calabar.

I remain Rev and Dear sir
your obedient humble servant
Samuel crowther

Read and understand bro, even OTONYE DOMOKUMA didn't see that when he wanted to use it to attack me, what do y'all suffer from; jaundice??

Bkayy, Slayerforever, Igboid this is just to reconfirm the final evidence.

This even give the Ndoki people more leverage on Bonny... It was clear that Bonny was an offshoot from Ndoki. Then later all the other Igbos. That is why their dialect is closer to Ndoki and Ngwa till today.

OKOLOMA IS IN NDOKI. They knew where they came from.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Fejoku: 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:

Oyigbo was a broker point. There are calabar quarters there, abriba, mbano camp and other camps there.
Osu's were sold by your fellow igbos at the meeting point at oyigbo. OKOLOMA the original name of Bonny had it's camp too at OKOLOMA in the broker point (oyigbo) and that is why it is still called OKOLOMA, same as calabar quarters,mbano camp, etc.
You bring the osu's amongst your Igbos and meet with the OKOLOMA and BRASSMEN who controlled the water territories and were middle men with the whites and sold them to the ijaws who inturn sell them to the whites. The ones who weren't selected were kept as domestic slaves in ijaw land and renamed into ijaw names.
If you all had the said rights and authority, why then were you renamed?
When a stronger nation takes people of another nation, the captives are renamed for instance in Babylon, hananiah, azaria and co were named into shedrach meshak and Abednego.
Or did you wilfully rename yourselves into ijaw names? If so, I thought you people love your culture and are proud of it, I'm curious.
Was Oko Jumbo or Maduka (his father) also renamed? He was a regent at Bonny in his time. There are also other notable Igbo names in the history of Bonny. People accept or reject names on their own volition. Jaja was a perfect example. Jay-Jay Okocha is another one currently. Naming doesn't take away the origin or tribal association of a man.
It's funny when you talk about culture with regards to Bonny. The greatest festival on display in Bonny bears the hallmark of Igbo culture. The boat regattas and their Nwaotam masquerade. Which Ijaw masquerade is of note in Bonny?
History documented that the Igbos in Bonny were of two categories namely those free borns and the slaves. This was why Igbo dominated Bonny as far back as the late 18th century as recorded by Barbot.
No be today Igbo don dey for Bonny. The mistake Igbos made in the past is regarding every group of persons as equals and relating cordially with them. If we had been brutes, things like these won't have come up today.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

This even give the Ndoki people more leverage on Bonny... It was clear that Bonny was an offshoot from Ndoki. Then later all the other Igbos. That is why their dialect is closer to Ndoki and Ngwa till today.

Obviously wink
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Ekealterego: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

You're still asking what the Ijaw Ethnic nationality called Bonny after the other guy typed it many times, and even showed you screenshot of Samuel crowther??
Can't you read? Or see?
Shut up. I uploaded it. this was one part of the upload. That was appendixed to the source. King Pepple himself said in the main text that he was of an Igbo origin. I uploaded it alongside this. That Ijaw drunk only cut that part not showing the full transcript.

Even if we go by that alone, OKOLOMA is an Igbo word and IGBO people.

and till today, The OKOLOMA dialect (Ndoki dialect) is what is spoken in Opobo and Bonny.

I know intellect is not something most of your canoe dwelling drunks are known for but please try to use your sense a lil bit.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Alabo7978(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

Of course Pepple was Igbo
Lol, are you high on mkpuru'mmiri drugs?
Which of the pepple, there were so many pepple kings, about 8
Pepple is actually a family name.
So which of the pepple you claim is Igbo?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

Every king of Ubani from its first recorded king Asimini was Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Alabo7978(m): 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

Shut up. I uploaded it. this was one part of the upload. That was appendixed to the source. King Pepple himself said in the main text that he was of an Igbo origin. I uploaded it alongside this. That Ijaw drunk only cut that part not showing the full transcript.

Even if we go by that alone, OKOLOMA is an Igbo word and IGBO people.

and till today, The OKOLOMA dialect (Ndoki dialect) is what is spoken in Opobo and Bonny.

I know intellect is not something most of your canoe dwelling drunks are known for but please try to use your sense a lil bit.
Calm down, you said you uploaded it, and he cut half right?
Ok let's say he did what you said.
How come pepple in the cut one said he was Igbo, but in the one he sent to crowther he said he was OKOLOMA? (Indigenous)
And that ibos were slave in Bonny(a white given name)
??
Can you explain it calmly... I'm not here to fight.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Ekealterego: 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

Slayerforever, Bkayy, Igboid, Fejoku please, confirm. In this book (I found it in a Mexican online library, written around 1899 or 1900s.

1. You can find King Amacree of New Calabar and King Pepple of Bonny declaring that they were "Igbos". (This is 1823-1840)

2. You can find the main source of the "Kalabaris". The Kalabari people. This further confirms that the main source of kalabari people is Igbo first. In that same upload, You can find the various Igbo groups. Although some of the spellings were probably in spelt in the Spanish version.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

Can't you read? Or see?
The indigenes are Igbo and Okoloma is Ndoki dialect.
It still exist as place in Ndoki side of Obigbo/Oyigbo LGA . It is where Afam power plant is located.
Okoloma confirms the Ndoki-Ubani root.

So, I ask again "what does Ijaw people call Bonny?"

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

Calm down, you said you uploaded it, and he cut half right?
Ok let's say he did what you said.
How come pepple in the cut one said he was Igbo, but in the one he sent to crowther he said he was OKOLOMA? (Indigenous)
And that ibos were slave in Bonny(a white given name)
??
Can you explain it calmly... I'm not here to fight.
Would I go around telling people I am Igbo when asked where I come from?
I will simply say my town.

Or do you Ijaws now claim to be Okoloma, an Igbo word?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

They never doubted themselves.
Ajayi Crowther just solved the root of Ubani to the exact spot they came from and that is Okoloma Ndoki.

That Okoloma is where Afam power plant is located.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Fejoku: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
Why are people not commenting on this map? The language classification and the Ijoid language cluster was clearly shown here. There are many things that were exposed here if you compare it with google earth maps.
Nkoroo and Obolo are clearly Ibibiod but Ijaws always claim them.
* Notice the space where 417 and 418 were written as you head towards Bonny Island. Cross check the names of communities within that axis on Google Earth map.
* Notice the language partition on Bonny Island.

1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DitariDisciple2: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
BKayy:

The indigenes are Igbo and Okoloma is Ndoki dialect.
It still exist as place in Ndoki side of Obigbo/Oyigbo LGA . It is where Afam power plant is located.
Okoloma confirms the Ndoki-Ubani root.

So, I ask again "what does Ijaw people call Bonny?"

All una lies and frustrations end online
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ekealterego:

Slayerforever, Bkayy, Igboid, Fejoku please, confirm. In this book (I found it in a Mexican online library, written around 1899 or 1900s.

1. You can find King Amacree of New Calabar and King Pepple of Bonny declaring that they were "Igbos". (This is 1823-1840)

2. You can find the main source of the "Kalabaris". The Kalabari people. This further confirms that the main source of kalabari people is Igbo first. In that same upload, You can find the various Igbo groups. Although some of the spellings were probably in spelt in the Spanish version.

Nice oneeeeeee cheesy

Perhaps I can make a guess that the Kalabaris were first Igbos, before likely a migration from the Efik country. Then followed by some Sierra Leonian migration.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DitariDisciple2: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Ibos that don't use King in the days of old say the Bonny and Opobo are Ibo.
Una mumu well well.
All una lies and frustrations end here.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DitariDisciple2: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

Nice oneeeeeee cheesy

All una lies and frustrations end on Nairaland.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

Nice oneeeeeee cheesy
With all these wonderful evidences, I think it is now time to correct the lies written about Ubani by the ijaws on Wikipedia for a start.
I think citations and Historical evidences/references are enough.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

Nice oneeeeeee cheesy

Perhaps I can make a guess that the Kalabaris were first Igbos, before likely a migration from the Efik country. Then followed by some Sierra Leonian migration.
By Sierra leonians, you mean freed slaves right?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
Ibos that don't use King in the days of old say the Bonny and Opobo are Ibo.
Una mumu well well.
All una lies and frustrations end here.

This does not prove anything. Every Oru community had a strong kingship structure. Ubani, Aboh etc etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Alabo7978(m): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlayerForever:

Every king of Ubani from its first recorded king Asimini was Igbo.
Mr Man, I have lived in Bonny all my life, though the Igbo language is spoken there, it is only a second language.
okoloama is the main dialect and the people know it as okoloama(okolo-ama) meaning dwelling or settlement of okolo, okolo means curlew and we call curlew okolo, the Nembeians are bloodly related and they call curlew okolain.
Opuamakuba was a ruler of the settlement as at 1390 and was a strong medicine man who worshiped Adum a sea water deity.
Adum was fabled to be the juju of ijo himself.

Alagbiriye then brought the Ikuba deity. Ikuba means (iguana, monitor lizard)
Asimini was officially crowned king in the 1450's and he was not an Igbo man.
Which Igbo man came to okolo-ama as early as that year to be a king when the ibos were mostly slaves?
If I take you to okolo-ama (settlement of curlew) and you hear them speak the dialect, you will see there is no similarity whatsoever to the Igbo language.
Igbo language is only spoken as a second language and most igbos have been living there for over 100years just as french people have been living in New Orleans (America) but it doesn't mean they own the place.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by SlayerForever: 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
BKayy:

By Sierra leonians, you mean freed slaves right?

grin
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by ChinenyeN(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
*enters, sits and watches*

*chuckles* Igbo propagandists really love arguing about things they don’t know when it comes to Bonny, Ndoki, Ijaw, etc. You people are pathologically ahistorical.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Alabo7978(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Fejoku:

Was Oko Jumbo or Maduka (his father) also renamed? He was a regent at Bonny in his time. There are also other notable Igbo names in the history of Bonny. People accept or reject names on their own volition. Jaja was a perfect example. Jay-Jay Okocha is another one currently. Naming doesn't take away the origin or tribal association of a man.
It's funny when you talk about culture with regards to Bonny. The greatest festival on display in Bonny bears the hallmark of Igbo culture. The boat regattas and their Nwaotam masquerade. Which Ijaw masquerade is of note in Bonny?
History documented that the Igbos in Bonny were of two categories namely those free borns and the slaves. This was why Igbo dominated Bonny as far back as the late 18th century as recorded by Barbot.
No be today Igbo don dey for Bonny. The mistake Igbos made in the past is regarding every group of persons as equals and relating cordially with them. If we had been brutes, things like these won't have come up today.
The biggest masquerade celebration is the Ikuba fraternity.
There is also the Adum which is the oldest (Adum was the personal juju of ijo)
OKOLOMA pronunciation is okolo-ama meaning land of curlews or settlement of curlews.
Igbos only started becoming free in the 1800's and they were only few.
Oko jumbo is not the father of king George, king William dappa was his father.
What is CURLEW called in the Igbo dialect?
We call it okolo, other ijoh's call it okolain.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DECLAN2015(m): 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:
The problem with Igbo;s is they don't have decorum

One important issue like this;

Igbos would be saying one thing

Ohaneze would be saying otherwise

Massob opinion is entirely different

While their politicians would be indifferent

They believe in that demeaning adage that say igbo bow to no one.....so every body na oga.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 4:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
Alabo7978:

Mr Man, I have lived in Bonny all my life, though the Igbo language is spoken there, it is only a second language.
okoloama is the main dialect and the people know it as okoloama(okolo-ama) meaning dwelling or settlement of okolo, okolo means curlew and we call curlew okolo, the Nembeians are bloodly related and they call curlew okolain.
Opuamakuba was a ruler of the settlement as at 1390 and was a strong medicine man who worshiped Adum a sea water deity.
Adum was fabled to be the juju of ijo himself.

Alagbiriye then brought the Ikuba deity. Ikuba means (iguana, monitor lizard)
Asimini was officially crowned king in the 1450's and he was not an Igbo man.
Which Igbo man came to okolo-ama as early as that year to be a king when the ibos were mostly slaves?
If I take you to okolo-ama (settlement of curlew) and you hear them speak the dialect, you will see there is no similarity whatsoever to the Igbo language.
Igbo language is only spoken as a second language and most igbos have been living there for over 100years just as french people have been living in New Orleans (America) but it doesn't mean they own the place.
I won't hear them speak because there is no similarity but you explained okolo-ama as "settlement of Okolo" Mtcheww SMH. Did you bother to ask us what the same Okolo-ama mean in Igbo?
Or does Amaigbo ring a bell to you?

I remember telling that Ijaw man that Opobo ama is actually "ama OPOBO" meaning Opobo's settlement in honour of his former oga Opobo.

One thing about dialect is that one can make out meaning from it so far he understands the language.

The other was shouting Jubogha up and down not knowing that it is also an Igbo word "Juba ọha", ọha was spelt as ogha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apc Leading In Lagos With Wide Margin / ‘i Was Brutalised For Making U-turn In Front Of A Retired Admiral’s House’ / Bomb Survivor, Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi Advises Jonathan On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.