Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall (5754 Views)

2023: Tinubu,pride Goes Before A Fall.. / Pride Goes Before “e Mi Lo Kan” And A Haughty Spirit Before A Fall / Fellow Igbos - Some Friday Advice For You. Pride Goes Before A Fall. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreedomArmy:
you don't know what you are saying. If truely you are an Igbo man,then I can confidently say you are a weak Igbo man because you have allowed them to defeat you psychologically.
Go through nairaland and count the anti Igbo thread and tell me why Igbo's should not respond back to them. Even the modes make it a responsibility to push anti Igbo thread to the front page. Even Nigeria news papers make it a responsibility to publish anti Igbo news( imagine the news that kano state generate more igr than the whole south east). Some peoples jobs on nairaland is to go through google and search drug related offence committed by an Igbo man and bring it to nairaland so that the will keep painting our people bad meanwhile their own people wipe out a whole village and the government does not even care. Look at what has been happening in IMO state,unknown gunmen will kill a soldier and then the soldiers will reinforce and burn down the whole village.look at the south east roads,look at the infrastructure in the south east ( is zero level ) but they can build a rail to Niger republic. If really you are Igbo man then you don't really know what you are saying,you are a very weak Igbo man,the type that his wife will control.
Now you are talking.why the fake news only on igbos?.. you talked about bad roads & infrastructure in the east? the three tier of government should share the blame for bad road & infrastructure in the east.how many states & lg owned roads in the east are good?we should learn to hold our leaders in Alaigbo responsible for this decay.you talked about rail project?All our senators except Abaribe are not doing enough in this regard.. remember we have ministers, senators,hor members, state govnors, state assembly members yet, our roads & infrastructures remains very bad.we must not blame the fg on every matter in Alaigbo..ALL OF THEM INCLUDING THE,FG,SG& THE LG ARE FAILURES.. back to the main issue.WHY THE ANTI IGBO THREAD?..WHY ARE WE ALWAYS ON THE NEWS?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Of course I read your post and I sensed arselicking, self-denial and foolishness. You claim not to be protecting anyone's interest then, how do you now arrived to a conclusion that pride is what will bring Ndigbo down??

So in your feeble mind Ndigbo are the trouble makers because you see them engaging Yorubas, hausas and niger deltans which means you see these tribes as saints while Igbos are troublesome.

Meanwhile you've not answered my question.
We can discuss without abusing anyone.you missed the point! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL WHEN YOU HEAR THAT YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER IS AT THE CENTER OF DISCUSSION EVERYDAY IN YOUR COMMUNITY?..AS AN IGBO I'M BOTHERED WHY WE ARE ALWAYS ON THE NEWS
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
AlfaSeltzer:

What are the causes of YORUBA COWARDICE IN THE WORLD?
leave Yorubas out of this..WHY ARE IGBOS ALWAYS ON THE NEWS?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by basty: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
If there are three friends and one is saying the other two are bad, you don't need a prophet to tell you the bad person among the three.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by adekolaelect(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Abeg no break my bones!.. now lets talk.why is Igbo related issues dominating this section?..are we the only tribe in Nigeria?
No but a troublesome and stupid tribe.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Igboid: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
I'm not stupid! IGBO ADAGE;IF ONE OF YOUR FINGER TOUCHES THE PALM OIL IT WILL AFFECT THE OTHER FINGERS.the best way up in life is to always pause and ask your self honest and hard questions.. you said Igbo hatred have been on the rise? what exactly is the cause of this Igbo hatred? THERE ARE TWO THAT I KNOW..1.prosperity attracts jealousy, jealousy leads to hatred.ISAAC & JACOB experienced this type of hatred in there time, in the Bible..jealousy & hatred can also be found in Alaigbo.however, beside prosperity factor, there is another factor which is the number 2:BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS YOUR HOST.let me stop here & allow you to ponder

So if the proverb is true, how come the whole Fulanis are not stained by Buhari incompetence and nepotism?
How come Atiku and El rufai are still nursing presidential hopes? How come the entire Fulani nation are not soiled and banned from elective posts in Nigeria looking at how their brothers the Fulani Herdsmen have been leaving footprints of blood from middle belt to lower South?

How come that despite Abacha looting the country into dark age, up to the point that we are still receiving his loots today, despite the loots of Gowon until he was kicked out by military junta, despite the loots of IBB and Abdulsalam,all greedy looters whose loots left NIGERIA comatose and whose tradition of looting Buhari has continued, despite all this, the North are not smeared by oil of greed, no one talks about how their greed and incompetence ruined the country.
They walk free and continue to nurse ambitions of ruling the country again.

It would appear there are two rules in this country. One rule for the Igbo, and a different rule for everyone else.
Your hypocrisy stinks.

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
michelz:

This your comment here shows that you are a child and maybe, new to Nairaland.
What do you mean by ' bad attitude towards your hosts'?
Have you ever heard that Igbos fought with any group outside Igboland as a result of provocation from the Igbos?
What then is this bad attitude towards the host that you speak of?
Yes you are right we don't fight our host!!! but there are some things some of us do that breeds hatred: ALWAYS CLAIMING TO BE SUPERIOR OR WISER THAN EVERYONE....humility abhor such.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by izac82: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Pride they say goes before a fall.sometimes in life a person,or group people may not know that they are fast drifting to a fall.the simple reason for this ignorance is the presence of PRIDE in the life of those I mentioned earlier.we were told of how pride dethroned Lucifer.. pride & arrogance was what led to the fall of the great Roman empire! time & time again we are warned of the dangers of pride & arrogance.with this in mind & my observation especially on this section of nairaland,I beg to ask: Ndigbo,are we making the right steps?..a day hardly passed without you reading Igbo this, or Igbo that.Ndigbo are we at war with everyone?.. ALMOST EVERY DAY,WE ENGAGE THE YORUBA'S ON TRIBAL WAR.. ANOTHER DAY IT'S THE TURN OF HAUSA FULANIS..YET ANOTHER DAY,WE ENGAGE THE NIGER DELTA..IF WE ARE NOT ENGAGING THOSE TRIBES,WE ENGAGE OURSELVES BETWEEN,ANAMBRA vs IMO...NGWA vs ABIA..etc.Ndigbo are we sure we have not DRIFTED? we have forgotten this Igbo adage;OJEMBA ENWE ILO!..a journey man doesn't have enemy!we travel widely on a daily basis.is it how we are going to live with those we travel daily to there region? NDIGBO LET US PAUSE & LOOK OUR SELVES IN THE MIRROR.
The problem started from a radio broadcaster that preaches hate, arrogance and bitterness. This radio broadcaster did not even spared our elders, as he insulted them, beat one up in Germany and called our think tanks ottelectuals.
The irony is that the same elders he insulted, threatened and belittled are currently begging the commander in chief to show him mercy.
These brainwashed fools are on every nook and crannies attacking everything and everyone, and roping Igbos into their madness.
Chukwu aju their Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by izac82: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Advocate500:
you are stupid and childish, if the number of igbos on nairaland that are not up to 2% of the entire igbo population now represents the opinion all igbos in general to your myopic reasoning. That shows how daft and senseless you are.

I am very sure you are not an igboman, nairaland have been a forum where tribal hatred and bigotry are welcomed, is more like competition within the opposing tribes ,both igbos, yurobas, ijaws, huasa and fulani insult each other under the guise of tribal superiority and you feel is right to drag the entire tribe to this madness ?

Who are paying you guys to discredit an igboman? If you want to condemn the issue of tribalism on this forum, why not try and be holistic in your criticism? Singling out a particular tribe to an offence of almost all the tribe in Nigeria is the height of stupidity.
Calm down. Ndi Igbo need serious orientation. Have you been on Igbo history Facebook page? Post anything on ikwerre or Anioma and see the comments coming from some South East angles. The recent one is on Obi Maduka of Isele Ukwu. Come and see insults and bitterness.
We are gradually crossing the Rubicon. We need to sit back and reflect on realities. Love and tolerance conquers more than brute and force.
Engage any forum and groups, check the users that are likely to throw up insult or drag other ethnic group, its always our people.
If we don't change, I wonder how we can coexist together even in the supposed Biafra that most of us are clamoring for.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Notasyouthink: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
We can discuss without abusing anyone.you missed the point! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL WHEN YOU HEAR THAT YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER IS AT THE CENTER OF DISCUSSION EVERYDAY IN YOUR COMMUNITY?..AS AN IGBO I'M BOTHERED WHY WE ARE ALWAYS ON THE NEWS
Based on your behaviour and the way you reason, am not sure you are Igbo.
If I hear that my brother or sister is at the centre of discussion, the first thing I will do as a reasonable person is to know what made them to be discussing my sis or bro in a bad manner. I will not rush into conclusion by pointing accusing fingers against my bro or sis without deeming it fit to know who is actually at fault.

No matter how you want to twist it all I know is that you messed up big time. How can put the blame on Ndigbo when you are supposed to know that there's no smoke without fire. What type of arselicking is that?? Selling your tribe to the enemies (that is if you're truly Igbo) cannot make them to love or trust you.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Igboid: 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
izac82:

Calm down. Ndi Igbo need serious orientation. Have you been on Igbo history Facebook page? Post anything on ikwerre or Anioma and see the comments coming from some South East angles. The recent one is on Obi Maduka of Isele Ukwu. Come and see insults and bitterness.
We are gradually crossing the Rubicon. We need to sit back and reflect on realities. Love and tolerance conquers more than brute and force.
Engage any forum and groups, check the users that are likely to throw up insult or drag other ethnic group, its always our people.
If we don't change, I wonder how we can coexist together even in the supposed Biafra that most of us are clamoring for.

Obi of issele uku and his ilks in Anioma who bring disgrace to Ndiigbo with their Bini servitude and Stockholm syndrome, deserve all insults Ndiigbo are hauling their way and more.
You will never see Ndiigbo insult the likes of Obi of Onicha Ugbo, Asagba of Onitsha or Obi of Ogwashi-uku, because these lots don't deny their Igbo heritage with senseless Bini stories that invite expansionist Binis into Aniomaland.
Ndiigbo will not grant respect to those who disrespect us with senseless Bini stories.

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:

We are formidable.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Based on your behaviour and the way you reason, am not sure you are Igbo.
If I hear that my brother or sister is at the centre of discussion, the first thing I will do as a reasonable person is to know what made them to be discussing my sis or bro in a bad manner. I will not rush into conclusion by pointing accusing fingers against my bro or sis without deeming it fit to know who is actually at fault.

No matter how you want to twist it all I know is that you messed up big time. How can put the blame on Ndigbo when you are supposed to know that there's no smoke without fire. What type of arselicking is that?? Selling your tribe to the enemies (that is if you're truly Igbo) cannot make them to love or trust you.
I didn't sell my tribe..I also didn't twist our discussion.i only illustrated to make u understand my concerns.i only blew the whistle of recall!..every human being once in a while drifts from the part of humility..he/she may not know that he/she has drifted.. unless someone close calls his/her attention. NIGERIA has over 200 ethnic tribes,we are the most discussed tribe among this tribes.WE TALK ANYHOW...WE BOAST & BRAGG ANYHOW...WE ABUSE ANYHOW ESPECIALLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA...WE ALWAYS CLAIM TO KNOW & WISER THAN EVERYONE..... this are some of the reasons why we are the most discussed tribe across naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
AlfaSeltzer:

We are formidable.
I know that we are formidable.BUT THE BIBLE SAID: TAKE HEED, DON'T THINK YOU STANDETH LEST YOU FALL.no matter how strong, great, mighty or wise we may be,we are still FALLIBLE.. it's only GOD that is INFALLIBLE & IMMORTAL
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
[quote author=izac82 post=107931326]
[/quote Truth always hurt & hunts the proud.you have said all.. every day especially on social media,we boast & Bragg that we are this & that.we hardly make 20 sentences with out abuse

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Igboid:

So if the proverb is true, how come the whole Fulanis are not stained by Buhari incompetence and nepotism?
How come Atiku and El rufai are still nursing presidential hopes? How come the entire Fulani nation are not soiled and banned from elective posts in Nigeria looking at how their brothers the Fulani Herdsmen have been leaving footprints of blood from middle belt to lower South?

How come that despite Abacha looting the country into dark age, up to the point that we are still receiving his loots today, despite the loots of Gowon until he was kicked out by military junta, despite the loots of IBB and Abdulsalam,all greedy looters whose loots left NIGERIA comatose and whose tradition of looting Buhari has continued, despite all this, the North are not smeared by oil of greed, no one talks about how their greed and incompetence ruined the country.
They walk free and continue to nurse ambitions of ruling the country again.

It would appear there are two rules in this country. One rule for the Igbo, and a different rule for everyone else.
Your hypocrisy stinks.
Through one man Adam,sin entered the world.if a Nigerian misbehaves in a foreign country he/she is addressed as a Nigerian.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
adekolaelect:
No but a troublesome and stupid tribe.
NO we are not troublesome.we are not stupid..no tribe, culture or tradition in Nigeria that is perfect
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:07am On Nov 25, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
I know that we are formidable.BUT THE BIBLE SAID: TAKE HEED, DON'T THINK YOU STANDETH LEST YOU FALL.no matter how strong, great, mighty or wise we may be,we are still FALLIBLE.. it's only GOD that is INFALLIBLE & IMMORTAL

The bible also said do not comment on Nairaland. What are you still doing here?
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 25, 2021
brother man you're right.
I am from the Niger delta, and my mother is of the Igbo Ethnic group.
of course I am fed up with Nigeria and I do not really believe there will ever be change, so because of that, I wanted we all from the former Eastern region to flag a nation and break apart, I also try to give some of my fellow Ethnic brothers of ijaw reasons we should put more weight with the Igbo ETHNIC group to help break away but it was in this nairaland I changed my mind entirely.
*one clown claimed the Nembe tribe was Igbo and speaks Igbo
* one claimed there is nothing like ijaw,
* another claimed our ancestors were igbos
*one claimed the OKOLOMA language of Bonny was Igbo despite a report from Samuel ajayi crowther stating they are two different languages.

I can't trust an Igbo man,
I admire the way they travel wide and start up business, but once they gain ground there, they'll want to grab that place, for instance Malaysia. I won't be surprised one day an Igbo man will publish a story of how oMAlicha a grand daughter of Nri migrated to Malaysia and that the original name of Malaysia is oMAlicha.
y'all are good concorters of stories.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Notasyouthink: 7:06am On Nov 25, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
I didn't sell my tribe..I also didn't twist our discussion.i only illustrated to make u understand my concerns.i only blew the whistle of recall!..every human being once in a while drifts from the part of humility..he/she may not know that he/she has drifted.. unless someone close calls his/her attention. NIGERIA has over 200 ethnic tribes,we are the most discussed tribe among this tribes.WE TALK ANYHOW...WE BOAST & BRAGG ANYHOW...WE ABUSE ANYHOW ESPECIALLY ON SOCIAL MEDIA...WE ALWAYS CLAIM TO KNOW & WISER THAN EVERYONE..... this are some of the reasons why we are the most discussed tribe across naija
We boast and brag anyhow, we abuse anyhow especially on social media we always claim to know and wiser than everyone that is to show that in your feeble mind Ndigbo are the real trouble makers and the cause of every problem in the contraption known as nigeria while other tribes are saints shocked shocked shocked now clap for your iberibe because this type of your iberibe and nzuzu can only be found in hell not in this world.

Selling your tribe so that your enemies will love you or see you as a wise person is like living in a fool's paradise.
Take it or leave it.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by izac82: 7:46am On Nov 25, 2021
Ndi Igbo, we really need to go back to our tenet of civilization. One of our basis of existence is dialogue. We were a nation of dialogue and open conversation. Our ancestors were master conversationalist. No wonder, our progenitors christened it ''ekpan nkata'', because civil conversation was an art by itself. How we lost that capacity is still baffling to me.
We cannot achieve anything on abuse and insults. You may ague that other groups insult and attack us, but two wrong can never make a right. Present your case with facts, figures and decorum, and I tell you, by stooping low, we will conquer. And I support the OP on this, Oje mba ewe ilo.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Igboid: 10:56am On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:
brother man you're right.
I am from the Niger delta, and my mother is of the Igbo Ethnic group.
of course I am fed up with Nigeria and I do not really believe there will ever be change, so because of that, I wanted we all from the former Eastern region to flag a nation and break apart, I also try to give some of my fellow Ethnic brothers of ijaw reasons we should put more weight with the Igbo ETHNIC group to help break away but it was in this nairaland I changed my mind entirely.
*one clown claimed the Nembe tribe was Igbo and speaks Igbo
* one claimed there is nothing like ijaw,
* another claimed our ancestors were igbos
*one claimed the OKOLOMA language of Bonny was Igbo despite a report from Samuel ajayi crowther stating they are two different languages.

I can't trust an Igbo man,
I admire the way they travel wide and start up business, but once they gain ground there, they'll want to grab that place, for instance Malaysia. I won't be surprised one day an Igbo man will publish a story of how oMAlicha a grand daughter of Nri migrated to Malaysia and that the original name of Malaysia is oMAlicha.
y'all are good concorters of stories.

Cool story bro.
Have you ever tried to listen to yourself?
Because you sound not so brilliant.

Ndiigbo are not even aware that you and your insignificant minority ethnic group exists.
Your assessment of us means nothing.

Opobo and Bonny speaks Igbo, all colonial visitors there met the people speaking Igbo, and the people speaks Igbo even till today.
So who the the hell is Ajayi crowther?

Are you okay at all?

6 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Igboid: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2021
izac82:
Ndi Igbo, we really need to go back to our tenet of civilization. One of our basis of existence is dialogue. We were a nation of dialogue and open conversation. Our ancestors were master conversationalist. No wonder, our progenitors christened it ''ekpan nkata'', because civil conversation was an art by itself. How we lost that capacity is still baffling to me.
We cannot achieve anything on abuse and insults. You may ague that other groups insult and attack us, but two wrong can never make a right. Present your case with facts, figures and decorum, and I tell you, by stooping low, we will conquer. And I support the OP on this, Oje mba ewe ilo.

Jee nodu odu nwokem.

In international engagement, there is no room for diplomacy and dialogue towards a people who meets you with hate, envy and evil.

In international arena, hate must be met with hate, and violence with violence.
Ndiigbo will not suffer witches and Wizards to live.
Any hate directed towards Ndiigbo by any person or group of people, must be countered with even more hate from Ndiigbo towards such group.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Fejoku: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2021
AlfaSeltzer:
Fall kee you there!

We are Igbos. We know what we are. We love what we are. We wont change for you.
Short and simple.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Igboid:

Cool story bro.
Have you ever tried to listen to yourself?
Because you sound not so brilliant.

Ndiigbo are not even aware that you and your insignificant minority ethnic group exists.
Your assessment of us means nothing.

Opobo and Bonny speaks Igbo, all colonial visitors there met the people speaking Igbo, and the people speaks Igbo even till today.
So who the the hell is Ajayi crowther?

Are you okay at all?
motherfucker I don't care about you or your Ethnic nationality, or your monicker or you at all, and even your reply or wether you know we exist.
ofcourse ndigbo knows we exist because we were your slave Masters. your ancestors revered us, and when we bought y'all as slaves, you took names from tribes of the Ijaw Ethnic nation, with reference to your brother mbanaso okwarazurumba taken from Amaigbo, present day IMO state and who accepted the name Jubo jubogha (Jaja of Opobo) and adopted various tribal tongue under the Ijaw nation.
you were sold by us for Dane guns, rum, etibo, and canons for our war canoes. below is a written copy of an excerpt from one of the perekule Kings on facts about Bonny to be sent to the British archives

TERMINOLOGY FROM KING PEPPLE.
Bonny is called OKOLOMA by themselves
Bonny is called okoloBA by the ibos
osiminikun by the Aboh tribe of ibo
new Calabar is called Bom by the ibos

king pepple said that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA or Bonny language which is also the language of new Calabar.

I remain Rev and Dear sir
your obedient humble servant
Samuel crowther

that above is the report.
you never spoke Igbo when you were bought except now when Everyman is free and ofcourse there are igbos in Bonny BECAUSE Y'ALL LIKE TO ENTER EVERYWHERE UNINVITED but that doesn't mean you own the place mother fucker.
OKOLOMA is a clan under ijaw and the British didn't meet any Igbo speaking Igbo, but the OKOLOMA dialect like that report says.

you can search for it if you want, believe it or not but I don't care at all nigga.
and I won't engage you further. the most I'll do is rename you with an ijaw name like we did your ancestors.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Igboid: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:

motherfucker I don't care about you or your Ethnic nationality, or your monicker or you at all, and even your reply or wether you know we exist.
ofcourse ndigbo knows we exist because we were your slave Masters. your ancestors revered us, and when we bought y'all as slaves, you took names from tribes of the Ijaw Ethnic nation, with reference to your brother mbanaso okwarazurumba taken from Amaigbo, present day IMO state and who accepted the name Jubo jubogha (Jaja of Opobo) and adopted various tribal tongue under the Ijaw nation.
you were sold by us for Dane guns, rum, etibo, and canons for our war canoes. below is a written copy of an excerpt from one of the perekule Kings on facts about Bonny to be sent to the British archives

king pepple said that Bonny is CHIEFLY PEOPLED by IBO SLAVES though they speak the OKOLOMA or Bonny language which is also the language of new Calabar.

you never spoke Igbo when you were bought except now when Everyman is free and ofcourse there are igbos in Bonny BECAUSE Y'ALL LIKE TO ENTER EVERYWHERE UNINVITED but that doesn't mean you own the place mother fucker.
OKOLOMA is a clan under ijaw and the British didn't meet any Igbo speaking Igbo, but the OKOLOMA dialect like that report says.

you can search for it if you want, believe it or not but I don't care at all nigga.
and I won't engage you further. the most I'll do is rename you with an ijaw name like we did your ancestors.

Ijaw is an inconsequential Ogogoro drinkers who never amounted to anything significant in the past or present.
Tell me the most prominent Ijaw man in history?
King Jaja? Well Jaja is Igbo and likewise Opobo, which is his personal estate.
Ijaws were so inconsequential that Igbos were rulling over you in your lands.
Oko Jumbo in Bonny was Igbo, King Pepple was Igbo, Jaja was Igbo, Edi Abali the ancestor of Asari Dokubo who ruled Buguma was Igbo from Abam.
That's how inconsequential you are.

Ndiigbo don't reckon such a people. Opobo and Bonny remain Igbo speaking.
Nothing you or anyone can do about it.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Fejoku: 11:39am On Nov 25, 2021
Anonymous15:

Samuel crowther

There's still a community called Okoloma in Obigbo LGA of Rivers State. We all know the people of Obigbo are the same Ndoki stock that are associated with Bonny. Igbo is a language spoken in Bonny for over 200years by both some of the natives and slaves brought from elsewhere in the hinterland. You can't change history.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Idiko1: 11:40am On Nov 25, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Pride they say goes before a fall.sometimes in life a person,or group people may not know that they are fast drifting to a fall.the simple reason for this ignorance is the presence of PRIDE in the life of those I mentioned earlier.we were told of how pride dethroned Lucifer.. pride & arrogance was what led to the fall of the great Roman empire! time & time again we are warned of the dangers of pride & arrogance.with this in mind & my observation especially on this section of nairaland,I beg to ask: Ndigbo,are we making the right steps?..a day hardly passed without you reading Igbo this, or Igbo that.Ndigbo are we at war with everyone?.. ALMOST EVERY DAY,WE ENGAGE THE YORUBA'S ON TRIBAL WAR.. ANOTHER DAY IT'S THE TURN OF HAUSA FULANIS..YET ANOTHER DAY,WE ENGAGE THE NIGER DELTA..IF WE ARE NOT ENGAGING THOSE TRIBES,WE ENGAGE OURSELVES BETWEEN,ANAMBRA vs IMO...NGWA vs ABIA..etc.Ndigbo are we sure we have not DRIFTED? we have forgotten this Igbo adage;OJEMBA ENWE ILO!..a journey man doesn't have enemy!we travel widely on a daily basis.is it how we are going to live with those we travel daily to there region? NDIGBO LET US PAUSE & LOOK OUR SELVES IN THE MIRROR.

If Ndigbo were proud and had fallen, why the silly insinuation of pausing? If the quest for self-determination has resulted into being proud and fallen, I had worn it as a pride of honor. It is beyond the rank of human intellect to fight a person whom you hated so much yet would not allow the person split from you. The only crime Ndigbo committed in Nigeria was the leadership they provided in Biafra. Until I take my last breath, I shall support whoever wants the disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by DitariDisciple2: 11:45am On Nov 25, 2021
Fejoku:

There's still a community called Okoloma in Obigbo LGA of Rivers State. We all know the people of Obigbo are the same Ndoki stock that are associated with Bonny. Igbo is a language spoken in Bonny for over 200years by both some of the natives and slaves brought from elsewhere in the hinterland. You can't change history.

Ndoki are Ijaw people and it is Oyigbo not Obigbo.
Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Idiko1: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

The Igbos who have decorum don't seem to be interested in the happening in the region.

If the so-called decorum amounts to the share of space with backbiters and perennial betrayal artists in shithole called Nigeria, I honestly do not want any part of it. Ndigbo have inherently decided to move away from Nigeria. It must happen.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by Idiko1: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

Ndoki are Ijaw people and it is Oyigbo not Obigbo .

Ndoki are Ijaw crap can only be a truth if Ndoki are regarded as one of the progenitors of Ijaw. It is foolish to replace Obigbo with Oyigbo. I was born and raised in this neighborhood and it remained Obigbo until 1976 when the landmark was carved out of Asa County (Ukwa LGA) into Bori LGA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo: Pride Goes Before A Fall by BKayy: 11:56am On Nov 25, 2021
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Because of this Proverb "kpara taa bụ na ukwu anyara mana ọ bụrụ onugbu onye ga ama ama de ya ọnụ"

People throw stones at trees that have fruits not barren ones

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu Takes Over Sanwoolu’s Campaign, Disburses Millions To LGAs, Wards / Do We Need Another International Airport In Lagos ? / Police Offers N1m Reward For Information On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.