Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) (6206 Views)

Bukola Saraki Drinks 7 Litres Of Water Daily / Adamawa Youths Wash Off Buhari's Footsteps With Truck Of Water, Burn Brooms / "See How Scared APC Are At Borno Rally, Fear Of 'Defeated' Boko Haram"- Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 8:21am On Nov 24, 2021
As I venture deeper into unconventional politics, I had taken looks into maritime potentials but I had figured out that a greater majority of Igbos have Aquaphobia (Fear of Water).

I had always loved the waters which had always pushed me towards the waters, in fact in my country side home, since childhood when I used to enjoy the view from a hill near my house, I wished the hill had a spring of running water.

But sometimes in my early teens I almost drown one time, when I swam in a relatively deep pool, ever since then, I had taken off swimming, but lately, especially as we get on some minor verbal engagements with the Ijaws on nairaland and they keep calling Igbos and myself in particular stone, I had vowed to get efficient in swimming and get to where I need to.

I contacted a swimming coach in Enugu but a while ago, I was in Nsukka for a brief stay in the UNN, then I contacted one of my navy buddy to come put me through but two of my other friends would say they can't hit the pool, I called a girl friend of mine and she said she's not doing any swimming, it happened that my friends have fear of almost any body of water, okay to cut the long story short, we drank all night instead of swimming.

Meanwhile I noticed that other nationalities doesn't have this fear when we have way more water in AlaIgbo than most other nationalities, most of my Igala friends can swim including their women.

Now look at coastal towns like Onitsha, you would figure out that Igbos tend to live meters away from any body of water, denying Igbo cities that Mega coastal city feels, my question is, what could be the reason for mass Aquaphobia within a nationality.

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by cherishmichael: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Wow!
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Welcum: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2021
Present facts and figures to support your claims about massive aquaphobia among Igbos before I can listen and respond to you. Present relative stats also.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Brimstone77: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2021
Is there any award for best swimmer in Nigeria??
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2021
Welcum:
Present facts and figures to support your claims about massive aquaphobia among Igbos before I can listen and respond to you. Present relative stats also.
You don't jump Protocols in the Issue of science, remember humanity is a branch of science maybe social science I guess, stages of scientific studies goes thus
1. Observation 2. Ask Questions 3. Hypothesis... So I made my observations and I had asked questions the next stage should be to formulate a hypothesis, it would be a long way of studies before we begin to work with facts here.

7 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2021
Brimstone77:
Is there any award for best swimmer in Nigeria??
How would I know when, my community have apathy for natural swimming, We can organize some competion though,

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Brimstone77: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

How would I know when, my community have apathy for natural swimming, We can organize some competion though,

I won't near any river or water body that will pass my waist..

I still have a lot of things to achieve on Earth..

4 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2021
Brimstone77:

I still have a lot of things to achieve on Earth..
So you are one of them lol, first of all, you won't most likely die out of consciousness swimming you would most likely drown when you already deep in this phobia and you accidentally find yourself in the waters

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Deborah98(f): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2021
I don't like bathing with cold water or totally been covered with cold water too. I hate washing my hair with cold water, sometimes when I do,I feel my breath is shortening or I'm out of air. Can't swim either and I hate going near water bodies.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2021
Deborah98:
I don't like bathing with cold water or totally been covered with cold water too. I hate washing my hair with cold water, sometimes when I do,I feel my breath is shortening or I'm out of air. Can't swim either and I hate going near water bodies.
Learning to swim is not a matter of like and dislike, it a matter of life and anything else, even if you don't really fancy cold water bath, get to the pool in the day, start with your legs in the water and get a water proof hair tie, NOTE, don't get in the pool or any large body of water if you have no good swimmer around PLEASE

2 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by cocolacec(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:
As I venture deeper into unconventional politics, I had taken looks into maritime potentials but I had figured out that a greater majority of Igbos have Aquaphobia (Fear of Water).

I had always loved the waters which had always pushed me towards the waters, in fact in my country side home, since childhood when I used to enjoy the view from a hill near my house, I wished the hill had a spring of running water.

But sometimes in my early teens I almost drown one time, when I swam in a relatively deep pool, ever since then, I had taken off swimming, but lately, especially as we get on some minor verbal engagements with the Ijaws on nairaland and they keep calling Igbos and myself in particular stone, I had vowed to get efficient in swimming and get to where I need to.

I contacted a swimming coach in Enugu but a while ago, I was in Nsukka for a brief stay in the UNN, then I contacted one of my navy buddy to come put me through but two of my other friends would say they can't hit the pool, I called a girl friend of mine and she said she's not doing any swimming, it happened that my friends have fear of almost any body of water, okay to cut the long story short, we drank all night instead of swimming.

Meanwhile I noticed that other nationalities doesn't have this fear when we have way more water in AlaIgbo than most other nationalities, most of my Igala friends can swim including their women.

Now look at coastal towns like Onitsha, you would figure out that Igbos tend to live meters away from any body of water, denying Igbo cities that Mega coastal city feels, my question is, what could be the reason for mass Aquaphobia within a nationality.

Aquaphobia came as a result of slave trade.Igbos ancestors know the sea is the route of slave merchants from Bini and Itshekiri.It is better to run than be sorry.

5 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2021
cocolacec:

Aquaphobia came as a result of slave trade.Igbos ancestors know the sea is the route of slave merchants from Bini and Itshekiri.It is better to run than be sorry.
While slavery impact may not be overlooked, it is evident that Igbos had settled in present day Igboland for at least 3000 years, way before slavery and there seem a natural pattern to avoid coastal areas especially the sea/Ocean

6 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 9:23am On Nov 24, 2021
Mr OP, with all due respect, this your post reeks of low research, personal idiocy and an attempt to override the igbo man's personality.

Prior to modern era, Ndigbo never did trade with one another by foot except for very close towns, this is the main reason Ndigbo never saw the need to use beasts of burden.

Even till date, Ndigbo still retain those routes. They trigger it whenever the need arises like during the war, Covid 19 lockdown, state curfews etc.

During the war, Igbo Refugees sailed to Gabon, Equatorial Guinea etc. For intra migration, refugees from extreme northern part of present day Ebonyi state sailed to safer places like Okija, beating Nigerian genocide soldiers.

During Covid 19, there was no serious breach of state curfews between SE states and igbo parts of SS because the police were mounted on the road not water.
During that Covid 19, nobody that knows the route well from Anambra, Enugu or Ebonyi will tell you that Checkpoints on land can stop him from reaching PortHarcourt, Uyo or Calabar.

Some of you will just wake up one day and start looking for ways to insult Ndigbo.

The picture below illustrates ancient Igbo trade routes. Look at it, none was by land
The second and third are Igbo towns near water

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 9:29am On Nov 24, 2021
cocolacec:

You should have asked yourself why your people still fear the word Igbo till tomorrow. Or ask them why you people are very small.
Go and ask your grandparents.

You are lucky the slave trade ended, if not, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

All you Itsekiri, Bini, Igala (that constitute 60% of slaves in Anambra area, that slave caste you are hearing of), Urhobo, Isoko etc are just very lucky that the British abolished slave trade.

Igbo slave raiders never moved by land.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 9:32am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:
Mr OP, with all due respect, this your post reeks of low research, personal idiocy and an attempt to override the igbo man's personality.

Prior to modern era, Ndigbo never did trade with one another by foot except for very close towns, this is the main reason Ndigbo never saw the need to use beasts of burden.

Even till date, Ndigbo still retain those routes. They trigger it whenever the need arises like during the war, Covid 19 lockdown, state curfews etc.

During the war, Igbo Refugees sailed to Gabon, Equatorial Guinea etc. For intra migration, refugees from extreme northern part of present day Ebonyi state sailed to safer places like Okija, beating Nigerian genocide soldiers.

During Covid 19, there was no serious breach of state curfews between SE states and igbo parts of SS because the police were mounted on the road not water.
During that Covid 19, nobody that knows the route well from Anambra, Enugu or Ebonyi will tell you that Checkpoints on land can stop him from reaching PortHarcourt, Uyo or Calabar.

Some of you will just wake up one day and start looking for ways to insult Ndigbo.

The picture below illustrates ancient Igbo trade routes. Look at it, none was by land
Either you don't understand the content or you see everything from the purview of some sort, I said Aquaphobia, it does not mean that we don't travel by water, but that majority are scared of waters and I had given you instances among my random friends who had made their phobia clear and at least 2 people responding to this post had attested to that,

Science doesn't take note of what we feel it is what it is, I expected you to challenge me to a swim in the River Niger since you are from Anambra and I can be available to witness it if the conditions are appropriate for me not some sailing statistics and routes.

A good numbers of Igbos are scared of large body of water, anything bigger than a river, and if you read also very well I made mention of a friend of mine who is in the navy, ofcourse he is Igbo just like everyone but he had overcome his phobia, I have other people who are sailors, I'm talking about a people being water friendly, that's not a typical Igboman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 9:35am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

As a matter of urgency, every Igbo man must endeavour to learn how to swim. It was one of the factors that caused their defeat in the riverine areas around the Niger delta. Stories abound how Igbo soldiers were drown in their hundreds in my area by women and men they commanded to ferry them from one riverine community to another. In the middle of the journey, they will rock the boat and cause it to sink, as the soldiers drown, they will swim to safety. You may think swimming talents is not needed in wars in this age and time, but it could save one or two lives still.

5 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
As a matter of urgency, every Igbo man must endeavour to learn how to swim. It was one of the factors that caused their defeat in the river areas around the Niger delta. Stories abound how Igbo soldiers were drown in their hundreds in my areas by women and men they commanded to ferry them from one river community to another. In the middle of the journey, they will rock the boat and cause it to sink, as the soldiers drown, they will swim to safety. You may think swimming talents is not needed in wars in this age and time, but it could save one or two lives still.
Swimming must be pursued vigorously becuase unless we are fighting the North, very unlikely, all other potential chaos is more likely to take a toll on the waters and air...We MUST get friendly with the waters, we can boast of air Superiority on tribal level

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Swimming must be pursued vigorously becuase unless we are fighting the North, very unlikely, all other potential chaos is more likely to take a toll on the waters and air...We MUST get friendly with the waters, we can boast of air Superiority on tribal level
That's true. It is very important that everyone learns it. Some years back, some boys in my area disarmed some soldiers and ran away. The soldiers later came with reinforcement. The community simply paddled their canoes and some swam the river and crossed to the other side which has very think bushes. That saved them from human casualties, as the barbaric soldiers went about destroying properties.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bluewitch(f): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
Brimstone77:

I still have a lot of things to achieve on Earth

grin cheesy
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
That's true. It is very important that everyone learns it. Some years back, some boys in my area disarmed some soldiers and ran away. The soldiers later came with reinforcement. The community simply paddled their canoes and some swam the river and crossed to the other side which has very think bushes. That saved them from human casualties, as the barbaric soldiers went about destroying properties.
Please may I know your nationality, I would most prefer if You are Akwaibom or Cross River, I don't have much issues with Ijaws but we have an unsettled ground and as such I wouldn't want to go in the waters with them unless I'm certain it is my true friends among them and that both side are ready for peaceful resolution otherwise, I'm better off any water adventure with Akwaibom or Cross River people.

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Either you don't understand the content or you see everything from the purview of some sort, I said Aquaphobia, it does not mean that we don't travel by water, but that majority are scared of waters and I had given you instances among my random friends who had made their phobia clear and at least 2 people responding to this post had attested to that,

Science doesn't take note of what we feel it is what it is, I expected you to challenge me to a swim in the River Niger since you are from Anambra and I can be available to witness it if the conditions are appropriate for me not some sailing statistics and routes.

A good numbers of Igbos are scared of large body of water, anything bigger than a river, and if you read also very well I made mention of a friend of mine who is in the navy, ofcourse he is Igbo just like everyone but he had overcome his phobia, I have other people who are sailors, I'm talking about a people being water friendly, that's not a typical Igboman
Go back and read you post again.

As for this your new development, when did your two friends turn to the Igbo population?
It is only few, I mean very few that grew up in SE that will say that they don't know how to swim. what was the person doing with his childhood?

As for River Niger, my friend are you OK?
The biggest part of River Niger is in Ogbaru and they are known as water people. Nobody born in Ogbaru can say that he can't swim (fact).

This Ogbaru?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
As a matter of urgency, every Igbo man must endeavour to learn how to swim. It was one of the factors that caused their defeat in the riverine areas around the Niger delta. Stories abound how Igbo soldiers were drown in their hundreds in my area by women and men they commanded to ferry them from one riverine community to another. In the middle of the journey, they will rock the boat and cause it to sink, as the soldiers drown, they will swim to safety. You may think swimming talents is not needed in wars in this age and time, but it could save one or two lives still.
You people and made up lies eh.

Which sector of the war did that happen?

During the war, most of the logistics, Ammunitions and refugees were moved by water

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 9:54am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Please may I know your nationality, I would most prefer if You are Akwaibom or Cross River, I don't have much issues with Ijaws but we have an unsettled ground and as such I wouldn't want to go in the waters with them unless I'm certain it is my true friends among them and that both side are ready for peaceful resolution otherwise, I'm better off any water adventure with Akwaibom or Cross River people.
I am an ijaw from Bayelsa state. You don't have any issues with, bro. I am a friend of Igbos. My present gf is Igbo, I am planning to wife her next years(but she dey worry small sha). And I was told my great great grandmom was from Anukwu in Anambra.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

Go back and read you post again.

As for this your new development, when did your two friends turn to the Igbo population?
It is only few, I mean very few that grew up in SE that will say that they don't know how to swim. what was the person doing with his childhood?

As for River Niger, my friend are you OK?
The biggest part of River Niger is in Ogbaru and they are known as water people. Nobody born in Ogbaru can say that he can't swim (fact).

This Ogbaru?
And what percentage of Igboland is Ogbaru, I know about Idemmili and I can remember back then I had a couple of friends from there that can't swim, let's assume that there is war, be sincere apart from the Igbos in the navy, can these Ogbaru community defend Entire Igboland's coastal resources or do you think let's say we have a war with the Yorubas that these people alone can take on the Yorubas on the high sea.

This is real concern, no one wants to discredit the Igbos, on the majority most Igbos can't swim, Ogbaru is just a community, even the entire Anambra state is not up to 20% of AlaIgbo, even if everyone in Anambra can swim that is a paltry 20%, is that comparable to other nationalities where about 55% can swim ?
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

And what percentage of Igboland is Ogbaru, I know about Idemmili and I can remember back then I had a couple of friends from there that can't swim, let's assume that there is war, be sincere apart from the Igbos in the navy, can these Ogbaru community defend Entire Igboland's coastal resources or do you think let's say we have a war with the Yorubas that these people alone can take on the Yorubas on the high sea.

This is real concern, no one wants to discredit the Igbos, on the majority most Igbos can't swim, Ogbaru is just a community, even the entire Anambra state is not up to 20% of AlaIgbo, even if everyone in Anambra can swim that is a paltry 20%, is that comparable to other nationalities where about 55% can swim ?
Idemili is a river, so what are you saying?

One thing about towns in Idemili is that the students are fond of spending unnecessary time in the river doing what teenagers do.

So which part of Idemili did you get your statistics from?
Is it Oba, Obosi, ogidi, Akwukwu, Ojoto or where?

To tell you the truth, you are the first allegedly igbo person I have had contact with that can't swim.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by dettolgel: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2021
If you don't know how to swim you should be scared of large body of water given the gory tales from those that can't swim but went ahead to try.

Secondly, it is not an igbo thing, if you don't live close to water and has never been in one before I think it is foolish to try it out without a certified coach or instructor.

In fact I would think those your friends have common sense. They refused to pretend like most people that ended up losing their lives.

Out here every 8 year old could swim unless you have health problem that prevent the school from forcing you to learn. It is compulsory and it is being taught in school at the age of 7 irrespective of your creeds.

Please can you tell me how many Nigerian primary or secondary schools have swimming lessons for their pupils?

Bottom line is that more than half of Nigerian population can not swim.

4 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:04am On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
I am an ijaw from Bayelsa state. You don't have any issues with, bro. I am a friend of Igbos. My present gf is Igbo, I am planning to wife her next years(but she dey worry small sha). And I was told my great great grandmom was from Anukwu in Anambra.
I won't lie to you and tell you that we have no issues with the Ijaws, but I do believe in peaceful Approach and unless peace fail, that's only place we may resort to confrontation.

And humanity demands that we seek peace first, I would like to If possible connect to more Ijaws, I would by the grace of God want to be in Opobo, Rivers state next year, I could go through Akwaibom or Imo, but still while there, having people to relate with may be a good idea, I had DM you, you may reply if you think getting to know is a good idea.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:10am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

Idemili is a river, so what are you saying?

One thing about towns in Idemili is that the students are fond of spending unnecessary time in the river doing what teenagers do.

So which part of Idemili did you get your statistics from?
Is it Oba, Obosi, ogidi, Akwukwu, Ojoto or where?

To tell you the truth, you are the first allegedly igbo person I have had contact with that can't swim.
Hmmm are you serious, well then you are not in touch with reality honestly about 75% of Igbo population can't swim, that would be the highest of any other nationality South of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 10:22am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Hmmm are you serious, well then you are not in touch with reality honestly about 75% of Igbo population can't swim, that would be the highest of any other nationality South of Nigeria
And when did you conduct the research?

Was I counted?

Was the riverine areas of Anambra like Anam and Ogbaru among?
Or Idemili, Ulasi bordering communities among?
Technically, more than 90% of Anambra are directly linked to rivers and to farm, the indigenes must be conversant with water.

Was Abia that is technically on the coast among?
Or Ebonyi that what caused a serious crisis was who will inherit the abandoned Nigerian military boat from BIAFRA war, that should be Oziza in Afikpo counted?

Oga, you and your three friends that were not allowed to go close to water in Lagos does not represent how Ndigbo view water

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:23am On Nov 24, 2021
dettolgel:

If you don't know how to swim you should be scared of large body of water given the gory tales from those that can't swim but went ahead to try.

Secondly, it is not an igbo thing, if you don't live close to water and has never been in one before I think it is foolish to try it out with a certified coach or instructor.

In fact I would those your friends have common sense. They refused to pretend like most people that ended up losing their lives.

Out here every 8 year old could swim unless you have health problem that prevent the school from forcing you to learn. It is compulsory and it is being taught in school at the age of 7 irrespective of your creeds.

Please can you tell me how many Nigerian primary or secondary schools have swimming lessons for their pupils?

Bottom line is that more than half of Nigerian population can not swim.

Why I do really think that it is an Igbo thing is that our ancestors spread Northwards instead of towards the Atlantic, and if we wanted given the large number of Igbos, if there were no fear of the Oceans, we could have advanced further towards the Ocean, in Nigeria for instance, Occupation could be tribal,

For instance in the very distant past, the Ijaws were more into fishing, Igbos more into Smithing, farming, weaving, etc, it became a bulk of occupation by strength, in the basic human reacts to greed and fear, fight or flight, in this regards, Igbo ancestors' greed did not take them to the ocean so did the fear most likely, and then if we can't fight it, we flight from it, creating the phobia at the national level, we are not allien to the ocean, our ancestors just avoided it
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by IvarTheBoneless: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2021
cool
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

And when did you conduct the research?

Was I counted?

Was the riverine areas of Anambra like Anam and Ogbaru among?
Or Idemili, Ulasi bordering communities among?
Technically, more than 90% of Anambra are directly linked to rivers and to farm, the indigenes must be conversant with water.

Was Abia that is technically on the coast among?
Or Ebonyi that what caused a serious crisis was who will inherit the abandoned Nigerian military boat from BIAFRA war, that should be Oziza in Afikpo counted?

Oga, you and your three friends that were not allowed to go close to water in Lagos does not represent how Ndigbo view water

The thing here is that instead of looking into a concern you are trying to avoid it, many people had commented on this post and the few of other nationalities that had commented have closer affinity to the waters, while the Igbo ones are withdrawn, why can't that serve as an opener,

I'm from Nsukka, there are much water in Nsukka ranging from the Opi lake network to Ogrugu River and more, people have quite a phobia about swimming especially when there are serious tales of Rivers taking someone, this not a thread for unneeded competition, in fact this not another nationality, your kind of assertion would deny people knowledge of the real concern

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Small, sometimes unknown ethnic groups of Nigeria-Who really are they? / Angry Mob In Warri Beat Former Delta Speaker Into Unconsciousness! / Nigerian Killed Senator Gyang Datong Over Satellite Pictures,how many more to go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.