Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) (6319 Views)

Bukola Saraki Drinks 7 Litres Of Water Daily / Adamawa Youths Wash Off Buhari's Footsteps With Truck Of Water, Burn Brooms / "See How Scared APC Are At Borno Rally, Fear Of 'Defeated' Boko Haram"- Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 10:43am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

The thing here is that instead of looking into a concern you are trying to avoid it, many people had commented on this post and the few of other nationalities that had commented have closer affinity to the waters, while the Igbo ones are withdrawn, why can't that serve as an opener,

I'm from Nsukka, there are much water in Nsukka ranging from the Opi lake network to Ogrugu River and more, people have quite a phobia about swimming especially when there are serious tales of Rivers taking someone, this not a thread for unneeded competition, in fact this not another nationality, your kind of assertion would deny people knowledge of the real concern
You are from, but did your grow up in Nsukka?

Was your thread designed as a survey to know how many Igbo people that can swim?

Oga what you did with your post is fallacy of generalisation aka Black Swan fallacy but unlike others, yours is from your three friends.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by dettolgel: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Why I do really think that it is an Igbo thing is that our ancestors spread Northwards instead of towards the Atlantic, and if we wanted given the large number of Igbos, if there were no fear of the Oceans, we could have advanced further towards the Ocean, in Nigeria for instance, Occupation could be tribal,

For instance in the very distant past, the Ijaws were more into fishing, Igbos more into Smithing, farming, weaving, etc, it became a bulk of occupation by strength, in the basic human reacts to greed and fear, fight or flight, in this regards, Igbo ancestors' greed did not take them to the ocean so did the fear most likely, and then if we can't fight it, we flight from it, creating the phobia at the national level, we are not allien to the ocean, our ancestors just avoided it

The answer is in your text. I will be surprised if those living in Oguta that depends more on fishing can't swim. I will also be surprised if the majority of the people who are from and have lived all their lives in damaturu can swim.

You live close to the water and your means of livelihood depends on it you are most likely to swim. Even if your ancestors are from Ijaw and you were born and raised elsewhere where you never set your foot on large body of water. If you find yourself in one you are most likely to drown.

Maybe you should go to those Igbo communities that have rivers and large bodies of water that supports their means of livelihood and see if majority of then don't swim. Basing your observations on those you meet in big cities ( that are mostly born and raised there and never learnt to swim) will most definitely skew your observations badly.

The issue of fear among those that can't swim is a healthy one. Most information we hear about pool or rivers or ocean is news related to drowning. I think not being able to swim and majority of news you have on large body of water is about drowning you then my friend will have fear of water.

I remember as a child the first time I heard of bar beach was when a lady from my village drown and her corpse was brought back to the village. In the village we have river not deep enough to drown anyone. I also remember my first conversation about pool was also about a boy that went for a party and drown.

If for instance I have been taught how to swim and I have had healthy interaction with large body of water. I would at least have balanced view of it.

2 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by paramakina202: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2021
Op you are right,majority of ndi Igbo seems to live far away from rivers,lakes, take Asaba and Onitsha for example.
Even in my community we live at least 1 km away from our river.If not for fear of large body of water ndi would have dominated the whole of Niger Delta region.

2 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2021
This is a load of bullshit bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2021
dettolgel:

The answer is in your text. I will be surprised if those living in Oguta that depends more on fishing can't swim. I will also be surprised if the majority of the people who are from and have lived all their lives in damaturu can swim.

You live close to the water and your means of livelihood depends on it you are most likely to swim. Even if your ancestors are from Ijaw and you were born and raised elsewhere where you never set your foot on large body of water. If you find yourself in one you are most likely to drown.

Maybe you should go to those Igbo communities that have rivers and large bodies of water that supports their means of livelihood and see if majority of then don't swim. Basing your observations on those you meet in big cities ( that are mostly born and raised there and never learnt to swim) will most definitely skew your observations badly.

The issue of fear among those that can't swim is a healthy one. Most information we hear about pool or rivers or ocean is news related to drowning. I think not being able to swim and majority of news you have on large body of water is about drowning you then my friend will have fear of water.

I remember as a child the first time I heard of bar beach was when a lady from my village drown and her corpse was brought back to the village. In the village we have river not deep enough to drown anyone. I also remember my first conversation about pool was also about a boy that went for a party and drown.

If for instance I have been taught how to swim and I have had healthy interaction with large body of water. I would at least have balanced view of it.
My concern is that Igbos are not like Damaturu, we live in front of the Atlantic, why do we keep going away from it, you made mention of living in the cities, majority of the population of the Igbos in the South East lives in the Cities not rural areas.

There is a pattern to it, Igbos we live in the Niger Delta Region, our people are deliberately avoiding the water, just like our ancestors, those communities that you talk about as being coastal communities, how many Igbo children are raised there, majority of the Igbos nowadays are raised in the cities and most others in other cities and we usually live in the dry cities, so you need to get this instinctive heredity
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 10:56am On Nov 24, 2021
SlayerForever:
This is a load of bullshit bro.
Nobody will take you too serious becuase you are too pro Igbo that it gets to that point where in your views, Igbos have no fault or weaknesses. Always be guided by moderation and truth and realise also that we all have weaknesses
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Arda1000(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2021
Deborah98:
I don't like bathing with cold water or totally been covered with cold water too. I hate washing my hair with cold water, sometimes when I do,I feel my breath is shortening or I'm out of air. Can't swim either and I hate going near water bodies.
lol fact is cold water is way better for the body than warm water unless your are and old person or a child
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Igboid: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2021
But there are many riverine Igbo groups.
We call them the Oru/Olu.
The Ogbaru that live by the River Niger, the Oguta by Oguta lake, the Enuani and live along river Niger too.
The Ndokis live by the banks of Imo blue river.
The Omambala who live by Anambra river

All these Igbo clans had all developed riverine culture and are not scared of the River.

Part of the reason Ndiigbo avoided riverine terrain down south is that those Waters were mosquito infested those days and hence living there came with high infant mortality.
Igbos valued farm work, especially Yam cultivation, a man's wealth was measured by his yam barn. You need children growing into adulthood to provide you with labor to farm, living in riverine areas would mean you don't get much of your children growing into adulthood.

Look at the riverine areas of Igboland, they are the most most sparsely populated areas of Igboland.
In Anambra look at the Omambala areas in Anambra East, Anambra West and Ayamelum LGAs. They are very sparsely populated.
Same with Ogbaru areas, except the areas around Okpoko that has become part of Onitsha metro.
In Anioma, look at Ukwuani people who live in swampy lands, they are the least populated.

Look at Bayelsa population.
Very sparse.

Igbo ancestors avoided riverine areas because of the diseases and high infant mortality they brought.

7 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 11:09am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Nobody will take you too serious becuase you are too pro Igbo that it gets to that point where in your views, Igbos have no fault or weaknesses. Always be guided by moderation and truth and realise also that we all have weaknesses

Hahaha. My brother the bolded is not far from the truth o. In my mind the Igbos are nearly faultless grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2021
But my brother Alexbells on a serious note you are very wrong. The Igbos are not aquaphobic. What then do you say about the Oru Igbo. They are distinct in being a riverine Igbo people.

What then do you say about Ubani/Opobo who are living on the Atlantic ocean? Are they scared of water too? Check am na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2021
Igboid:
The Ogbaru that live by the River Niger, the Oguta by Oguta lake, the Enuani and live along river Niger too.

All these Igbo clans had all developed riverine culture and are not scared of the River.

Part of the reason Ndiigbo avoided riverine terrain down south is that those Waters were mosquito infested those days and hence living there came with high infant mortality.
Igbos valued farm work, especially Yam cultivation, a man's wealth was measured by his yam barn. You need children growing into adulthood to provide you with labor to farm, living in riverine areas would mean you don't get much of your children growing into adulthood.

Look at the riverine areas of Igboland, they are the most most sparsely populated areas of Igboland.
In Anambra look at the Omambala areas in Anambra East, Anambra West and Ayamelum LGAs. They are very sparsely populated.
Same with Ogbaru areas, except the areas around Okpoko that has become part of Onitsha metro.
In Anioma, look at Ukwuani people who live in swampy lands, they are the least populated.

Very sparse.

Igbo ancestors avoided riverine areas because of the diseases and high infant mortality they brought.

Hmm. This infant mortality argument seems to have some credibility sha
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:18am On Nov 24, 2021
SlayerForever:
But my brother Alexbells on a serious note you are very wrong. The Igbos are not aquaphobic. What then do you say about the Oru Igbo. They are distinct in being a riverine Igbo people.

What then do you say about Ubani/Opobo who are living on the Atlantic ocean? Are they scared of water too? Check am na.
Forget that Ubani and Opobo Biko, people that is not up to 500,000 sef is what you want to use as a Yardstick to discuss over 45 million people lol.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2021
paramakina202:
Op you are right,majority of ndi Igbo seems to live far away from rivers,lakes, take Asaba and Onitsha for example.
Even in my community we live at least 1 km away from our river.If not for fear of large body of water ndi would have dominated the whole of Niger Delta region.

Oga your village is not the entire Igboland.
And what is that crap about Onitsha living 1km from their own river when they literally farm in sediment that some can call island in the river?
That should be Mgba Odumodu and mgba obiọcha.

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:22am On Nov 24, 2021
Igboid:

Very sparse.

This is a more credible arguments and with this you may agree with me that parents didnt want their kids going near the rivers as apart from mosquitoes, kids are more likely to drawn as such they made up all sorts of stories that the kids imbued to adulthood and passed on, but today mosquitoes are no longer limited to the waterside, and while it remain a threat it is no longer like before but the trend continues, even if we keep the kids away from the waters, why can't our adult get back first. And as at today we are no longer much of a farming community but traders, exporters, importers, manufacturers which all points towards the oceans

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Hahaha. My brother the bolded is not far from the truth o. In my mind the Igbos are nearly faultless grin grin grin
Which Igbos are not faultless lol, no people is perfect, that is much like the Nazi complex that seemed to paint Germans as the very best of humanity, the fact is that believing in a faultless mindset would most likely bread arrogance and lack of concern for the feelings of others,

Everyone is unique and beautiful with their own strengths and weaknesses, everyone is special in one way or the other although some are more special than the others
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

This is a more credible arguments and with this you may agree with me that parents didnt want their kids going near the rivers as apart from mosquitoes, kids are more likely to drawn as such they made up all sorts of stories that the kids imbued to adulthood and passed on, but today mosquitoes are no longer limited to the waterside, and while it remain a threat it is no longer like before but the trend continues, even if we keep the kids away from the waters, why can't our adult get back first. And as at today we are no longer much of a farming community but traders, exporters, importers, manufacturers which all points towards the oceans
"People don't want their kids going close to the river?"

Where do you people come from?

How will they farm if they don't go close to the water?

Please someone should explain to this dude how farming is done in Igboland
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by djevino(m): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Hmmm are you serious, well then you are not in touch with reality honestly about 75% of Igbo population can't swim, that would be the highest of any other nationality South of Nigeria

75%? bro please stop saying what you don't know
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

You people and made up lies eh.

Which sector of the war did that happen?

During the war, most of the logistics, Ammunitions and refugees were moved by water
If you have been on this forum for even a year and have been very observant, then you would know I have been a friend of the Igbos. I have no reasons to lie here about the igbos or the experience of the wars in my place.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2021
djevino:

75%? bro please stop saying what you don't know
That's if it is not even more sef
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
If you have been on this forum for even a year and have been very observant, then you would know I have been a friend of the Igbos. I have no reasons to lie here about the igbos or the experience of the wars in my place.
Then where did it happen?
I know all the experiences in all the sectors like the palm of my hand and in none of them did Ndigbo need anybody to ferry them talkless of women.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 11:37am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

I won't lie to you and tell you that we have no issues with the Ijaws, but I do believe in peaceful Approach and unless peace fail, that's only place we may resort to confrontation.

And humanity demands that we seek peace first, I would like to If possible connect to more Ijaws, I would by the grace of God want to be in Opobo, Rivers state next year, I could go through Akwaibom or Imo, but still while there, having people to relate with may be a good idea, I had DM you, you may reply if you think getting to know is a good idea.
I can't speak for every ijaw man out there, but I can give you my word that I don't have any issues with you guys. And in my little capacity, I have been a proud supporter of Biafra. I will be contesting for a small post in my place by the grace of God next year, and I hope I win. I have a great task of reeducating my people as regards the politics around our existence in this one Nigeria. I will try my best to educate them to identify their true enemies.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

"People don't want their kids going close to the river?"

Where do you people come from?

How will they farm if they don't go close to the water?

Please someone should explain to this dude how farming is done in Igboland
Igboland is not small and mind you whatever your community is, can not be more than 30% of Igboland, there are people from different part of AlaIgbo where rainwater is enough for most part of the farming season, if you look at this thread majority of the people here are Igbos,

In my part of Igboland, kids are not allowed anywhere near Rivers unless streams of about three fits at most, this is putting the while of AlaIgbo into Consideration, Igboland does not start and end in one place, some times hear out others, Obu Mmiri Mmiri no na it Afu, it is only us Igbos on this thread, learn from others, what is happening in one or two communities with Anambra state can not be said of all of Anambra talk more of AlaIgbo, most Anambra millennial children are born in urban areas, do they even farm mostly it is rural communities that farm and not everyone needs irrigation.

And by the way, you are trying to insinuate child labour, otherwise I don't see what an Igbo parent would allow their children near the large rivers unless you are talking about streams
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by 2elliot: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

Then where did it happen?
I know all the experiences in all the sectors like the palm of my hand and in none of them did Ndigbo need anybody to ferry them talkless of women.
Bro! Adaka Boro had a camp and squad in one of the forests in my area. My mom and other women were the cooks for Biafrans and even the Nigerian soldiers as they were forced to provide food for them as the camp in the community. My community is along the river Nun, and it was a very busy route.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by chiefobdk2: 11:45am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:
As I venture deeper into unconventional politics, I had taken looks into maritime potentials but I had figured out that a greater majority of Igbos have Aquaphobia (Fear of Water).

I had always loved the waters which had always pushed me towards the waters, in fact in my country side home, since childhood when I used to enjoy the view from a hill near my house, I wished the hill had a spring of running water.

But sometimes in my early teens I almost drown one time, when I swam in a relatively deep pool, ever since then, I had taken off swimming, but lately, especially as we get on some minor verbal engagements with the Ijaws on nairaland and they keep calling Igbos and myself in particular stone, I had vowed to get efficient in swimming and get to where I need to.

I contacted a swimming coach in Enugu but a while ago, I was in Nsukka for a brief stay in the UNN, then I contacted one of my navy buddy to come put me through but two of my other friends would say they can't hit the pool, I called a girl friend of mine and she said she's not doing any swimming, it happened that my friends have fear of almost any body of water, okay to cut the long story short, we drank all night instead of swimming.

Meanwhile I noticed that other nationalities doesn't have this fear when we have way more water in AlaIgbo than most other nationalities, most of my Igala friends can swim including their women.

Now look at coastal towns like Onitsha, you would figure out that Igbos tend to live meters away from any body of water, denying Igbo cities that Mega coastal city feels, my question is, what could be the reason for mass Aquaphobia within a nationality.

This guy back to back dish out unintelligent ridiculous write up...

Living meters away from the water should be applauded...

God forbid such thought process

Who are the people who fill up all the pools scattered across Igbo land.. Even in Nnewi my home town lots of houses have pool...
The streams and rivers scattered across Nnewi are always filled up weekends..

No dey write rubbish abeg. Keep doing copy and paste u don't have it..

2 Likes

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2021
chiefobdk2:

This guy back to back dish out unintelligent ridiculous write up...

Living meters away from the water should be applauded...

God forbid such thought process
I don't understand, did they do it to be applauded or it was a mere coincidence, I'm talking about phobia not what is right or wrong, I wonder why same applause is not seen when it gets to building houses near roads and Igboland starts and end in Nnewi
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by paramakina202: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2021
Bkayyy:

Oga your village is not the entire Igboland.
And what is that crap about Onitsha living 1km from their own river when they literally farm in sediment that some can call island in the river?
That should be Mgba Odumodu and mgba obiọcha.

Put on your reading glasses and read again.I never said Onitsha,I said my own community lives at least 1km away from river.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Forget that Ubani and Opobo Biko, people that is not up to 500,000 sef is what you want to use as a Yardstick to discuss over 45 million people lol.

Is it only them that are Oru? And are they not Igbos? I only mentioned them because they are trending.
The mighty Aboh kingdom nko?
Oguta, Ukwuani and Ndoki nko?
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2021
paramakina202:

Put on your reading glasses and read again.I never said Onitsha,I said my own community lives at least 1km away from river.
And do they use the water or scared of it?

By the way, what the heck is "put on my reading glasses?"

What is this?
paramakina202:
It seems you have short term memory
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by chiefobdk2: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Either you don't understand the content or you see everything from the purview of some sort, I said Aquaphobia, it does not mean that we don't travel by water, but that majority are scared of waters and I had given you instances among my random friends who had made their phobia clear and at least 2 people responding to this post had attested to that,

Science doesn't take note of what we feel it is what it is, I expected you to challenge me to a swim in the River Niger since you are from Anambra and I can be available to witness it if the conditions are appropriate for me not some sailing statistics and routes.

A good numbers of Igbos are scared of large body of water, anything bigger than a river, and if you read also very well I made mention of a friend of mine who is in the navy, ofcourse he is Igbo just like everyone but he had overcome his phobia, I have other people who are sailors, I'm talking about a people being water friendly, that's not a typical Igboman

Your post holds no waters..
This is one of the most unintelligent post I ve ever read..
Communities who live by the water naturally all know how to swim...
Go to Anambra North and cure ur ignorance..

You can't expect someone who live in place like Enugu who don't have contact with pool or river to be bothered about swimming...

Its not aquaphobia. Its what it is. Fact..
The persons you asked do not know how to swim.. How do you ask someone who does not know how to swim and expect a positive reply.. Why did you not ask friends who could swim.. Maybe you did and they obliged, but you can't write it here because it will automatically defeat your ridiculous narrative...

Me I'm even thinking you fabricated all this just for likes and to sound woke...

I hope say no be Alex reporters be this because if so I hope u quash what ever thought u have of joining politics because with this thought process you won't have anything to offer..

1 Like

Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by AlexBells(m): 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Is it only them that are Oru? And are they not Igbos? I only mentioned them because they are trending.
The mighty Aboh kingdom nko?
Oguta, Ukwuani and Ndoki nko?
Ukwuani, Opobo, Bonny, a quater of Anambra, A quater of Imo, 1/4 of Abia, 1/4 of Anioma, 1/2 of Ikwerre, 1/2 of other Rivers Igbos, 1/10 of Benue Igbos, 1/10 of Enugu, 1/10 of Ebonyi, does that look like a potential good swimming score
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by SlayerForever: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
AlexBells:

Which Igbos are not faultless lol, no people is perfect, that is much like the Nazi complex that seemed to paint Germans as the very best of humanity, the fact is that believing in a faultless mindset would most likely bread arrogance and lack of concern for the feelings of others,

Everyone is unique and beautiful with their own strengths and weaknesses, everyone is special in one way or the other although some are more special than the others

The "beautiful" people around us are looking for our destruction.

I'm not arrogant towards them but God knows I don't care what befalls them because in my book they are umuazi satan.
Re: What Could be the Reason for the Igbo Mass Aquaphobia (Fear Of Water) by Bkayyy: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
2elliot:
Bro! Adaka Boro had a camp and squad in one of the forests in my area. My mom and other women were the cooks for Biafrans and even the Nigerian soldiers as they were forced to provide food for them as the camp in the community. My community is along the river Nun, and it was a very busy route.
Story, story.... Story. Once upon a time?

Biafra never lost anybody to an imaginary people that drowned them.

Biafra actually used water to buy tike during the war like at Obubrah sector, Abonema etc because Nigerian troops can't cross. The few that managed to cross with the help of Adaka Boro strangled him at Okirika buying the troops more time.
Adaka Boro himself doesn't know much about Igbo hinterland waterways. He is only conversant with that along the oil rivers and when his services were no longer needed after Okirika, he was disposed by Adekunle.

Like I told you, the Biafran war is like looking at my palm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Punchng.com Possibly Hacked? / The Oil In Bayelsa Belongs To Jigawa State / Help! Mugabe Collapses. Hunger Is About To Wipe Out Zimbabwe. Currency Worthless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.