Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? (40318 Views)

My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by 1Sharon(f): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mexicanbreed:

Is Regina Daniel jobless, is she penniless

She isn't. She's just greedy.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Danmisra(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
The ratio of men to women today is alarming
In almost every country women are much more than men by a big margin. Some countries' population census are showing difference of 10 to 30 million more women than men. Besides every day it is the men that are dying because they are the security agent and the criminals also, thieves, robbers, accident, 80% of these people I mentioned that normally die are men. Depressed people, suicidal rate the list is long, also if you check the birth rate you find that, more girls are being born compared to boys. Polygamy will be the only solution in this world currently if you want to maintain chastity. This is reason why fornication and aldultery is more among the christians than the Muslim or any tribe that practice polygamy
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by ihedioramma: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:
Please I need a reason why any lady would agree to be a second wife?

MONEY AND LAND .

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Doubleoo:

Patewo fun ara re. Clap for yourself.

Now tell us why a lady would ask married men for financial help, date married men for money etc.

Let me sit down and learn.

Go ask awon oju kokoro alatenuje ladies who ask married men for financial help. grin

I value myself too much to condescend so low.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Lucas4903: 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

desperation is really killing some people! So i'd get despresd cuz iaint married!? You dont know me.

¤anyways we are diferent¤

have a lovely day

You are not married and yet you have not learnt one or two things about life for you to know that life is not rigid. For the fact that u don't like being a second wife will not stop a lot of people from going into it and that's ur headache to deal with. What is wrong in minding your business and not judging people and let people just be fine where ever they find their happiness but do I blame you? NO. Prejudice is part of the Nigerian system. Everyone is a Saint and they can never fall into the mistake of the other person. Wehdone ma.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by 1Sharon(f): 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
toujurs:
Nawa for you oh, you are talking like you don't know whats up,Most women are now commodity, its pay as you go. You pay and i will become yours. I know a guy that is married to a white woman at Germany, and still came down to Nigeria to marry a Nigerian. It's a common thing

He used the German woman for citizenship.

When you play with people's heart and they pour you acid, you'll say women are wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

Everything!

The man was never and can never be yours.
Is the man ever yours?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Oyin2212:
Wise sayings I'm shocked this came from you.

Mtcheeeeewwwwwww.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

I actually know of a lady who agreed to the polygamy arrangement, with the agreement of the first wife of course.
The couple have been married for some years without a child, so the husband with the consent of his wife married the lady, and within a year, the second wife gave birth to twin boys.
The first wife and the second wife were cool with each other as at then, I don't know about now.

Some people have their reasons for going into such agreement sha.

Uh huh. I hope they still are. That must be so brave of her. The first wife. And if she had no impure thoughts. When you've not given birth to a child, and to allow your husband go marry another women. And she gave birth to not just one, but two children. Wow.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by dogmart(m): 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
1Sharon:

Nope. Regina has some advantage over her co-wives. She's the freshest and youngest.

Don't be surprised to know that Ned has forgotten his older wives.

If you want to be a co-wife, make sure you stand out, so you aren't forgotten.

Smiles. Even as an only wife if you don't stand well, you might still get forgotten.
There are a thousand and one side chicks out there.
I hope you get the point?

Well, it is understandable that women of today want equal rights in marriage. cheesy
It unfortunate fact is it cannot be so.

Either you agree your husband marries a second wife or not, you still will get to share him with other women.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lucas4903:

You are not married and yet you have not learnt one or two things about life for you to know that life is not rigid. For the fact that u don't like being a second wife will not stop a lot of people from going into it and that's ur headache to deal with. What is wrong in minding your business and not judging people and let people just be fine where ever they find their happiness but do I blame you? NO. Prejudice is part of the Nigerian system. Everyone is a Saint and they can never fall into the mistake of the other person. Wehdone ma.

before ihit you with my response. Are you a fan of joyner lucas?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by dogmart(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
okonlahwon:
We should just be sincere with ourselves, You cannot be a second wife but you can date married man.
Your husband can use money to entice his female collogues, and put-on his car a/c for a little girl on campus for 7hrs in a spot.
You claim to be" Catholic priest" but you are struggling with sex abuse case in court.
Your husband develop love for a new chicks but he needs to put up trouble and file for divorce.
You see nothing wrong with "baby mama" but see plenty wrong with polygamous.
Otedola propose to your beautiful sister, your family vow to disown her if she refused to grab the offer.

Please who is fooling who!

grin abeg help me ask them o
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
Religiously it's the best ,but modern society paint it bad ever since all this equality and shit

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by kkonyeji(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

asin eh
ihad always thought it was charm!

he tells you he is married but he wanna make you a second wife. Men get mind sha!

...cos they know women are senseless
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by emonis88: 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

what is bad in becoming a second husband undecided

Go marry as many husbands as u can na! Abi them hold u?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

what is bad in becoming a second husband undecided

Since we are switching roles,can you take care of my needs?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by seyz91(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin
Cerebellum:
When you reach 40 years, go Shiloh for years

Nah then you go geh sense to become 4th wife
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
Iyaebe:
Well I have aunties who are second and third wives and seems to be enjoying their life since Islam permits it.Some men especially the Muslim men are expert in handling a polygamous home but not all men have that wisdom to maintain a polygamous home, so polygamy isn't for every man even when the religion permits it.Well,I CAN/CAN'T accept polygamy for some secret reasons I won't like to mention here on this toxic forum.

E no go pass something about fvck you wan talk
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 5:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
1Sharon:

He used the German woman for citizenship.

When you play with people's heart and they pour you acid, you'll say women are wicked.

roflmao
cheesy cheesy grin grin

please dont kilme with laugh
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by emonis88: 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Okay, and if the wife is open to that, too? Like genuinely, really open and the unbothered type? No. I ain't talking about the sneaky, snaky, hypocritical, poisoning type. But imagine if the two women are all vibes and good feelings. LMAO. Or maybe I'm just being idealistic with picturing two wives like this. And with a man. Yunno. I want to think there are some that have that much autonomy and self-awareness.

I explained further in another comment sha. Why polygamy generally is distasteful and would be seen as such. And that doesn't mean monogamy is automatically better, just because it is monogamy oh, in my view.

Yup. Being Muslims too is one reason.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing wrong with that, too. Or should be wrong with it. If women can be second wives, men can be second husbands. It's only hypocritical men that'll support the former and not the latter. And I suspect they'll soon arrive here. If this topic was created for them now, all of their objectivity will fly out the window and you'll start hearing, 'men cannot be XYZ and igbadakodo.'

Ehen. This is an example.
Small pikin see agbo think say na coca cola, u can even marry as many husbands as u wish, Is anyone stopping u? Lol!!! Una go just come dey make mouth for here, talk d talk, n walk d walk, when u do then u go come tell us d story n lesson weh u learn. Hahaha!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
emonis88:

Small pikin see agbo think say na coca cola, u can even marry as many husbands as u wish, Is anyone stopping u? Lol!!! Una go just come dey make mouth for here, talk d talk, n walk d walk, when u do then u go come tell us d story n lesson weh u learn. Hahaha!!!!!

What's this one saying? Mscheeewww. undecided
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Solofresh2: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Iyaebe:
How?is it by some of my comments here? don't be too fast on passing judgement over someone you haven't met.
Yes, it's by your comments here.
And I don't know why you always attack men on most of your comments
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by emonis88: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

What's this one saying? Mscheeewww. undecided
This one no be hissing matter, n if u want to know what I m saying, walk d walk weh u do d talk! No noise n bragging, just do am as u talk am!
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by ogianyo(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
[Very very so not correct. But it is not for every man just as it is not for every woman. If you don't like it that's cool .stay your lane. quote author=Mariangeles post=107920279]

Everything!

The man was never and can never be yours. [/quote]
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by darichlife: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

asin eh

he tells you he is married but he wanna make you a second wife. Men get mind sha!
You only think this way because you have accepted a truth that monogamy is the best. In Africa women are not encouraged to think much of themselves. It all boils down to perception.
LOVE...
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by emonis88: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Solofresh2:
Yes, it's by your comments here.
And I don't know why you always attack men on most of your comments
U see most these women who r always ready to attack men r mostly old n single women, them dey vex say they r single, or those a man don disappoint, but they refused to understand that as they carry bitterness in their hearts, so it il be hard for them to see man that il pitch his tent with them.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by 1Sharon(f): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
dogmart:

Smiles. Even as an only wife if you don't stand well, you might still get forgotten.
There are a thousand and one side chicks out there.
I hope you get the point?

Well, it is understandable that women of today want equal rights in marriage. cheesy
It unfortunate fact is it cannot be so.

Either you agree your husband marries a second wife or not, you still will get to share him with other women.

A man saying this?

A man can have sex with a side chick outside and still love his wife! Sex is just sex for men with no feelings attached.

He took his wife home and married her and that shows that he desires her.

While the side chick is just a side chick hoping she will get picked one day. Most men NEVER marry the side chick.

For a man to take home a woman and marry her is completely different because he must have thought long and hard about his decision to marry and that shows he truly cares about her.

So no, sharing a man with another wife or side chick is completely different.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by simplesearch: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
That God is against it and Jesus condemns it, is enough reason not to consider it. But if you're ignorant of God's word you may dabble into it, that will nonetheless make your punishment lesser. Human law disregards excuses of misbehavior on the ground of ignorance, same way God's law will not exonerate anyone who break it, or be circumvented to favor a few. Everyone is suppose to be reading the bible to know what God requires of them before departing the earth.

Everyone is only entitled to one wife, if you marry more than one wife you're a thief because you stole someone else's wife. And the woman who agrees to be the second wife is an adulteress, an intruder and a thief, for stealing the love that belongs to another and causing inconveniences in another's woman's home.

Mark 10:6
But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

I can't lie to you that I can be OK with that arrangement.

Do you think a girl like Regina Daniel is enjoying her marriage?

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Skyview01:

Do you think a girl like Regina Daniel is enjoying her marriage?

It depends on what enjoyment means to her.
So, she's in a better position to answer that.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:

asin eh

I can see you are better than Regina Daniel, richer, younger and more famous.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Zetty177x: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

- desperation to stay married at all cost
- money
- she has no other option than to accept because she is jobless/pennyless etc
- because she cant take the mental/physical workload to be a wife by herself
- because two is better than one
- because she has already been brainwashed by her hubby
- because it is commonly accepted in African culture
- because she grew up in a polygamous home/family

U forgot to add religious beliefs. Some religious beliefs allow it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.