Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) (63887 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / My Landlord Broke Into My Apartment When I Travelled / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Awise09(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2022
Why dishes out this old story now?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Wande22(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2022
HydraFeeds:
It’s been a year now ,what’s your annual review pls ? @lasthero
we de wait

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lasthero: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2022
HydraFeeds:
It’s been a year now ,what’s your annual review pls ? @lasthero

One year update.

It’s been about a year since I went this route.

My inverter still works perfectly.
Battery still works well although discharges faster than when it was new. After a full charge, it moves from 100% mark down to 60% mark and skips the 80% when switched on , but I can be on that 60% usage for up to 6 hours powering my TV, Gotv, fan and laptop before it drops to 40% (off sun usage),

When used while charging, it still feels like new because I charge and discharge at the same time.

During the peak of raining season when sunshine was low, I bought a suoer 20A charger for 15k on Jumia to charge the battery with electricity during “off sun” times (the black box at the bottom part of the image) . I also worked a switch over to switch between solar charge and nepa charge to prevent both source entering the battery at the same time.

So from morning when it start charging, it serves me all through the day as long as there is sun. I still get to use it to power TV and fan althrough the night till morning and will still have between 40% to 60% mark left before the next morning sun charge begins again.

And when there is nepa light in-between, I switch to nepa charge if sun intensity is low.

On the overall, I can estimate the battery depreciation to be about 20% lesser than when it was bought new.

4 Likes

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by HydraFeeds(m): 11:34am On Nov 15, 2022
lasthero:

One year update.

It’s been about a year since I went this route.

My inverter still works perfectly.
Battery still works well although discharges faster than when it was new. After a full charge, it moves from 100% mark down to 60% mark and skips the 80% when switched on , but I can be on that 60% usage for up to 6 hours powering my TV, Gotv, fan and laptop before it drops to 40% (off sun usage),

When used while charging, it still feels like new because I charge and discharge at the same time.

During the peak of raining season when sunshine was low, I bought a suoer 20A charger for 15k on Jumia to charge the battery with electricity during “off sun” times (the black box at the bottom part of the image) . I also worked a switch over to switch between solar charge and nepa charge to prevent both source entering the battery at the same time.

So from morning when it start charging, it serves me all through the day as long as there is sun. I still get to use it to power TV and fan althrough the night till morning and will still have between 40% to 60% mark left before the next morning sun charge begins again.

And when there is nepa light in-between, I switch to nepa charge if sun intensity is low.

On the overall, I can estimate the battery depreciation to be about 20% lesser than when it was bought new.
Thank you ,

Also I will like to know if it has any negative effects on your electronic devices because there’s a time I used solar power to charge my laptop for two weeks and my pc battery health got declined by about 15% . Though I think the particular solar power is bad because the battery is no longer working and there’s high possibility the controller is bad as well .

Also I will like to know if the battery will charge at all just with a clear sky and be used for electronics during raining periods (in areas where the electricity is zero or almost zero).

Lastly ,will a solar panel be enough to charge a 220ah 12v battery effectively ?

Thanks for your time
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Mustiboy(m): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2022
lasthero:
I looked around online on jumia, jiji and konga for ranges of 500watt inverters and chargers. After a rigorous check and comparison, I settled for this (picture attached) for 35k.

It is a 2 -in-1 package.( Solar charger / controller + 800va - 500w inverter). So no need for a separate solar controller

where can I get this particular Inverter?

how's it holding up today?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Fapemz: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2022
Mustiboy:

where can I get this particular Inverter?

how's it holding up today?

We are still in the business of putting smiles on the face of our customers. We are a leading provider of portable power Solutions for those on a budget and need to power basic appliances.

Reachable via : 0806-531_6307

MPS is your best bet!

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by fkyshow(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2023
lakefist:

Mine is 168 litres got it 170k alone without battery and solar panels.

Mine can use both solar and Nepa with use of adapter.

I better pass my neighbor generator will power it conveniently.

Hi bro, is this freezer still in good condition? I am considering getting this exact same brand, but I am scared at apparent lack of customer service outlets. They don't even appear to have a website and their Facebook handler seems to be a total amateur and a bit unprofessional
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by lakefist(m): 11:08am On Nov 20, 2023
fkyshow:

Hi bro, is this freezer still in good condition? I am considering getting this exact same brand, but I am scared at apparent lack of customer service outlets. They don't even appear to have a website and their Facebook handler seems to be a total amateur and a bit unprofessional

Working till date. I only changed adapter which got blown cos of voltage.

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by keeper303: 10:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
lakefist:

Please where can I get this type of freezer?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by fkyshow(m): 12:02pm On Nov 21, 2023
lakefist:

Thanks so much for your quick response, will likely get soon
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by fkyshow(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
keeper303:

Please where can I get this type of freezer?
I saw this for sale at ighomall online.
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by keeper303: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
fkyshow:
I saw this for sale at ighomall online.

Thank you. Is it the one called Bona Deep Freeer?

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by fkyshow(m): 6:37am On Feb 10
keeper303:

Thank you. Is it the one called Bona Deep Freeer?
Yeah
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by egopersonified(f): 12:26am On Feb 17
lakefist:

Mine is 168 litres got it 170k alone without battery and solar panels.

Mine can use both solar and Nepa with use of adapter.

I better pass my neighbor generator will power it conveniently.

Is it still working well till now. I am thinking of getting one. Also, can you unplug the freezer and charge laptop with it?
Re: How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) by Trippledots(m): 8:24am On Feb 20
akpota:
boss I am a solar guy who loves DIY and done a lot of stuff like this.
You could even go cheaper if I saw this post before. But please don’t drain deep cycle to 0%. I would advice keep it within 50% depth of discharge(DOD).
Anyways me I don leave una for deep cycle batteries wahala lolz.

Do you still build batteries?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Inside Abeokuta Hill-top Estate Where The Super Rich Live / Aluminium Profile, Glass And Accessories For Doors And Windows And Glass House / Photos: First Storey Building In Nigeria, Now Aged 170 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.