Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149287 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
Today in picture

We've completed block setting, casting of foundation pillars and we are now ready for the filling of the foundation. Hopefully filling starts from tomorrow - if all goes well.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2011
Pic 1. The porch stair under construction.
Pic 2. Filling has commenced

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2011
Just beauty to behold
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
Reference:

Yeah, copy that. Then consider that the FRL and the base of the drain (whenever that is done) will probably rise another 1 to 2 feet (depending on the gradient of the surrounding terrain). The closed gate (dunno whether its yours) will be below the street level in due course. Your compound FFL should be at least 6 inches above the anticipated FRL and a minimum of 12 inches at the farthest extreme (back fence) to ensure rain water flows to the road (if you do not intend to instal compound drainage. Then the FFL of the building can be anything 1 foot above that.

So all in all your german floor should to be a minimum of three and a half to four feet above the existing road way level. Sounds crazy now but believe me water pumping machines is much more expensive. Consider diligently. Good luck.

The following pic should give you more idea of what was done. We took that into consideration as well, our german floor will be at almost 1m above road level. That's more than OK
Pic 1: A man standing at almost foundation level with his head above the fence (If you add 4in german floor, his head will be way above the 9 coach fence)
Pic 2: The same man standing on road level
Pic 3: My Entrance Gate (space under it is around 10in)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
euromilion:

@brabus,
well done oo,abeg I mean to derail your thread oo.

pls I got a quotation which I NEED advice on, I NEED to do it stage by stage, first german floor

German floor

60 tons of granite stone
8 tipper load of sharp sand
132 bags of cement
labour=#200,000

this quotation is given to me since 2005 after spending over 6million on foundation and filling,I got pissed off and every thing was put to a stop,but now am inspired by you guys now to start again,the plot is in lagos ikotun area.the plan is 4 flat of 3 bedrooms and 2 bedrooms.

suppliers and builders are all welcome to give their prices.cheers
I THINK the labour is a bit xpensive

Bros, just keep your money!!!
Anytime you come to Nigeria
come and build!!!! Don't trust anybody my friend
even if they give u a quotation of 50k
they will still eat the money without doing anything!!!!
For the above quotation

30ton of granite
Labour 80k
3tipper load of 10ton sharp sand(will still have little remaining)
132bags of cement is okay!!!(will give you a standar/solid house)
But the problem is if they will use that much. They may use 40bags gon self.
Bros keep your money!!!! that is all I can say!!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
Am Alone:

For the above quotation

30ton of granite
Labour 80k

Sounds like best of advice but very unpatrotic. What you are saying in other words is that Nigerians including yourself are dubious and that he should trust only himself. We should not preclude the option that his relatives, sister and friends might be inexperienced in the trade and are just wasting money on the site. They may not be dubious as we may think.

Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom. Will his coming down to Nigeria replace Professionalism?

My client had no idea what my colour is, where I live, not even my background and I've received and paid N10m on his behalf without any fear - all within 1 MONTH!!!

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
Am Alone:

For the above quotation

30ton of granite
Labour 80k

That's good advice, everyone that needs oil and gas services will then stop paying you and will need to come with Ghana must go bags and scoop their supplies From NNPC and then drive out their tankers because some independent oil and gas dealers have been known to divert oil and some even chop their clients money!, how do you like this style of business? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2011
brabus:

Sounds like best of advice but very unpatrotic. What you are saying in other words is that Nigerians including yourself are dubious and that he should trust only himself. We should not preclude the option that his relatives, sister and friends might be inexperienced in the trade and are just wasting money on the site. They may not be dubious as we may think.

Mistakes are the usual bridge between inexperience and wisdom. Will his coming down to Nigeria replace Professionalism?

My client had no idea what my colour is, where I live, not even my background and I've received and paid N10m on his behalf without any fear - all within 1 MONTH!!!

SO Listern, I don learn lots of things for this life and one of them na to trust nobody
NOBODY i repeat NOBODY fit take me back!!! Make i no start with u abeg!!!!
I don give the guy the best advice. If you want make him give you business, say so(contact am)
na today we dey hear that one like who no want money or person wey won dupe you go
tell you say him won dupe u  undecided undecided

Now you won support them or na me no understand u well. you dey indirectly dey say make him put the house for your hand or wetin?
Abi u no read wetin him talk? First 3m enta sand. And nothing nothing dey the site!!!! No matter how person dey ignorant
about building/construction. no way him go spend 3m and not even a tipper of sand to show for it.
The second case na him sister. with 3m all inside the foundation. I no fit talk anything about that because them
say the land dey swampy. But then the only thing wey go fit chop that money go be raft foundation.
of which him friend for notice and tell am or atleast him go see am for him self for the video

THE BEST THINGS OF LIFE ARE FREE TO ALL. its up to him!!!! The best advice is for you to keep your money!!! It is very obvious. LoL people wey dey nigeria self them dey dupe them! con be person wey dey jan - lol!!!

Again i no call anybody dubious, i just won say trust nobody!!!! Even me gon, no trust moi!!!
no trust anybody wey u no fit see him brian grin grin grin
Though for naija there are few good ppl sha o!!!  but they are all dead!!!! cool cool cool
Back to the topic
I rest my cast!!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
spyder880:

That's good advice, everyone that needs oil and gas services will then stop paying you and will need to come with Ghana must go bags and scoop their supplies From NNPC and then drive out their tankers because some independent oil and gas dealers have been known to divert oil and some even chop their clients money!, how do you like this style of business? grin grin

Bros even when you get client wey u won supplier say diesel
you go supply them @ your own cost/expenses before pay
Hopefully maybe you go get your pay the next 2 or 3 weeks time(depending on the quantity sha).
Nobody go give you money make u go bring diesel because him
dey fear say you fit get at large grin grin grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2011
Gud Job Brabus!!!! cool cool cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2011
@ Am Alone, if I dont trust anybody;
I will need to open all the cement before I pay for because they may sell a bag of sand to me
I will not follow any estate agent into the bush to search for land since he could kidnap me
I will not eat food at anywhere except the one I cook cause I could be poisoned
I will need to become a mechanic because my mechanic can remove my brake spring in the guise of fixing my car
I will not attend church because my pastor/priest may be a cultist
I will be standing at all my 3 sites at the same time since my boys might sell my materials
I will even be flying myself to Lagos when I need to travel because the pilot may be drunk!

E no easy o grin grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:08pm On Jun 24, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros even when you get client wey u won supplier say diesel
you go supply them @ your own cost/expenses before pay
Hopefully maybe you go get your pay the next 2 or 3 weeks time(depending on the quantity sha).
Nobody go give you money make u go bring diesel because him
dey fear say you fit get at large grin grin grin grin

But why should they even trust the marketer to supply since he could fail or mix some substances in his fuel or gas? Why don't they go to NNPC and scoop their fuel supplies with jerrycans? Why should anyone trust fuel marketers sef?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2011
Those things you mentioned there have got nothing to do with your trust!!!
following somebody to the bush does not mean you trust them
buying food from your local food vendor does not mean you trust them either
but giving something to somebody or money to somebody and having faith
that the person will do what you ask of them with the money is trust.
You can give someone money and still do not trust them
maybe cos you have no other choice. But you take caution
like having someone to put an eye on them or signing an agreement with them
just to secure your own side(because you don't trust them).

But without taking any caution and giving people things or having hope in people
is like trusting(for the agent thing u fit don't tell your wife were you dey go. or
somebody else or u go with somebody. for the food vendor, u don see ppl eat the
food. that is your caution. no go go just go anywhere see food buy and begin eat - lol).
You may buy a million bag of cement and still not trust the seller!!!
and am very sure you won't follow just 'anyone' that call himself an agent to the bush
if u still won continue abeg open a new thread make we talk that one there
but make we leave brabus own for am - lol

and for the fuel buyers, that is why them go like pay ur after 2 to 3weeks.
make we leave matter for matter hand!!!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2011
@ Am Alone, we now have another thread 'Trust in the building industry, is it justified'
Lets not derail our friend's thread. Oya make we transfer grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:35am On Jun 25, 2011
Nice
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2011
There won't be any activity on site today. Work should resume on site by Monday.
Spending QUALITY time with my wife and son at home.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by gtrust: 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2011
Great job!
Also, good idea to spend quality time with family.

Excuse my ignorance but try and clarify please:
1- where will the cars park? how many?
2- any hope for boys' quarters?
3- any hope for security post?
4- where will the water tanker/generator house?

I have almost similar dimensions and was wondering what to do with it.
My plan so far is 4 flats but didnot know where to stick the rest of the stuff as above.
Also thought of 2 unit of 4 bed dublex.

Purpose mainly is rental in the long run, so rental yield interests me!
Addendum: In Lagos: what gives most rental yield per annum?

When you managed get online, please, clarify.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 5:22pm On Jun 25, 2011
[b]There won't be any activity on site today. Work should resume on site by Monday.
Spending QUALITY time with my wife and son at home.

Umm cute kid, the females in the neighbood please be warned cuz this kid is coming to get all yalll,  grin shocked kiss
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2011
@all

Thanks a mill for all your advice.

am alone ur point was taken thnks again,
I made the decision not to send money again
in relation to that plot.Thank god my exams is
over hopefully graduation takes place november
so by jan I WILL be in 9ja,although am thinking
of coming at this august but not got mind mde up yet.

@brabus
the level of the job done on my site is same as u are @ d moment
although my filling is already done,I'll try to post the pix d moment
I get chance.

Thks again.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2011
gtrust:

Great job!
Also, good idea to spend quality time with family.

Excuse my ignorance but try and clarify please:
1- where will the cars park? how many?
2- any hope for boys' quarters?
3- any hope for security post?
4- where will the water tanker/generator house?

I have almost similar dimensions and was wondering what to do with it.
My plan so far is 4 flats but didnot know where to stick the rest of the stuff as above.
Also thought of 2 unit of 4 bed dublex.

Purpose mainly is rental in the long run, so rental yield interests me!
Addendum: In Lagos: what gives most rental yield per annum?

When you managed get online, please, clarify.

Thanks.

The space infront of the house (30 x 57ft) is big enough to park two 33,000 litres tanker which is equivalent of 8 cars (4 on each wing)
There's no provision for BQ as the land is short of whooping 7 ft.
There's provision for 2 security house (one on each wing)
Sure there's provision for water tank and automatic gen/solar panels at the back.

I'm sorry I cannot share more than this for security reasons.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2011
euromilion:

@brabus
the level of the job done on my site is same as u are @ d moment
although my filling is already done,I'll try to post the pix d moment
I get chance.

Thks again.

Can you PM me for a private discussion? Or reach me on my mobile no +2348023429122. If everybody begin to share their experiences, I'm sure we'll have something to say.

I'll still stick to my advice for you. Dont give up as many are advising you to wait till you have the time! One NAIRA today will never be the same tomorrow. Nobody knows tomorrow!

The project showcased was indeed paid for last 2 weeks and the price was N7.5m but if you go through the property section you will see a plot being advertised for N10m in Journalist estate, Arepo. Its the plot directly behind the one showcased. The property has appreciated by N2.5m in less than a month. My client is N2.5m richer in less than 2 weeks for taking the right step and getting it right. Nobody knows tomorrow!

Psalm 127: 1a, 1 Samuel 2:9b
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by gtrust: 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
Thanks Brabus for the information. That's very helpful.

At Euomillion, I guess Brabus has been brave enough to
put his reputation at stake re your project, why don't you hire him?
You might ask him to give us a blow to blow account with pictures
of what he is doing and watch from abroad.
Again, he is currently handling similar project.

I know how painful it is to lose hard earned money but,
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lawyer(m): 12:42am On Jun 26, 2011
How come am just seeing this topic!! shocked These Spammers populating the property forum with their 2billion naira lands that have no head or tail wont give better people like brabus with fantastic posts the opportunity for others to learn. This topic deserves to be among the topic 5 topics and is therefore made a sticky!

Continue the good work brabus
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 12:57am On Jun 26, 2011
lawyer:

How come am just seeing this topic!! shocked These Spammers populating the property forum with their 2billion naira lands that have no head or tail wont give better people like brabus with fantastic posts the opportunity for others to learn. This topic deserves to be among the topic 5 topics and is therefore made a sticky!

Continue the good work brabus

Lawyer, clean up this thread and let's do something profitable.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2011
Thank you Lawyer and everyone whose comments, critiques, and contributions had nudge me towards creating this thread.

I pray Nigeria will be great again and we will begin to get things right again.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 26, 2011
@Gtrust

I might hackened to ur advice,but problem now
is that I dont have money to put in 9ja now,again
I need to know how much rent is going in the area,
if it's a good investment,if not that my losses on the
plot is greater than,I could have placed it for sale.

I do not like to,and,I would not live in the area.
if rent price is good there,I might have to start the
work again,but stage by stage.

at brabus,
I sent a msg to your phone,that's my num I'l
call u l8r.cheers
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2011
When I gain time later today, I'll share a lot about what happened behind the scene btw my client and myself. How it started, the rough path and the good ones. These information might even be more beneficial to a lot of people than the one on the thread itself.

@Euromillion, thanks for the bold step you are taking despite sharp criticism and harsh words from us. Its very painful though, but let's thank God for the lessons learnt. I pray you shall rise back to your feet again. Try check back later today on this thread to know how NEXTHOME did it for love-tosin.

Learn how people use the name of God to dupe others.
Learn how to prevent and protect yourself from such in the nearest future.
Learn how to deal with builders, artisans, contractors, suppliers without being physically present.
In short, learn from our fathers mistakes.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2011
The past couple of weeks on the construction project showcased on this thread have seen some significant strides.  Below, you will read about the things that happened behind the scene. Depending on your knowledge and experience, these ideas and strategies my sound familiar. This post will bring them closer to you and as you apply them over and over, they will alter the course of your projects in a very positive ways.

Simply put, some people are doing better than others because they do certain things differently and better. Especially, they use their time far, far better than average people.

A simple analogy is this. I'm a seasoned IT consultant, a builder with passion and a father who wants to make a happy home. If I had problem with my car, I think it would make sense for me to take it to the PRO service center where I will obtain parts and labour warranty to fix than wait for weeks or months for the time to personally supervise a quack or "supposedly PRO" who cannot work without supervision.

The simple reason for taking this decision is simply because human beings as never before are drowning in options like never before. As you struggle to get caught up, new tasks and responsibilities just keep rolling, like tides. And for this reason, you may never be able to satisfy your responsibilities - to your God, your family, your work, your nation!

"A plan, goal or project without a deadline has no urgency. It has no real beginning or end". - Brabus

Arepo Luxury Flat: Behind the scene.

Rome was not built in a day. They actually make use of a blueprint.

The whole journey started May 16 when I receive an email from my client requesting  for an architectural design. Here's my follow up email:

Subject: RE: Building Plan

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my house plan.

I'm ready to provide you with a wide variety of prepared House Plans along with the ability and readiness to make modification/customization to fit your requirements, style and ideas.

It's highly recommended you get a House Plan before acquiring a plot. However, if you already have a plot, I can look at your plot layout and tell you whether the House Plan you have selected will fit the plot, and if not, what changes in the plan will be necessary to make.

As first step in exploring the possibilities, let me know the size of your land.

Regards,

SIMPLIFYING COMPLEXITIES. DELIVERING POSSIBILITIES.

I could have sent him different designs that would catch his attention, but the first thing I do with new clients at first meetings/discussion is not to focus on floorplans and upgrade options. Instead, I discuss you: your life, your needs, your vision of what your new home could and should be. I want to know where your kids like to play, if you eat breakfast at the table on in the kitchen, if you entertain often or if your home life is more private. Your budget!

I feel that to design your home, I must get to know you. Who go ahead and marry a lady without a relationship? A fool.
Many people who's request I've attended to can attest to this.

The GROSS mistake most home owners make is to go into into building projects blindly without a clear plan. Such decision lead to confusion, misdirection and numerous mistakes - then you call it DUPING, the same way Nigerian Govt blame everything on CORRUPTION!
We need to change that.

What follows were private discussions, questions, queries and brainstorming session with my client. We were working together to achieve a draft design - a lot of revisions, adjustments and modifications were made on the board. Even, my client in far away US had to buy measuring tape to take real life measurement of the floor space in his abode! Lots of pain, stress and time went into this. Does it really worth it? YES, its worth it -  when compared with the time, money and risk associated with DIY.

"One of the very worst use of time is to do something very well that need not be done at all"
- Brabus

That another style of Nigerian Govt who prefer probing to prosecution.

Decide exactly what you want, the cost and the features

, more updates to follow soon
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by ok2(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2011
My 2 pence to euromilion, as somebody who also resides abroad, is that yes you will go through bad experiences with our people at home. Learn from these experiences, but (actually for your own good) you have to keep looking till you find somebody you can trust - they are few, but there.  

The idea to reconsider building at all is however also a good one. I have, for the same reason, not yet built on the lands I've bought in Nigeria.

All the best
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2011

Decide exactly what you want, the cost and the features

Fundamentally, there are only two types of home owners, those who live on the outside looking in, and those who live on the inside looking out. I always advice for the latter.
The simpler the house, the better the value for money. Every time a wall or roof changes direction there is an associated extra cost. So if you choose to build a house that has little nooks and crannies to no real purpose other that to look more intricate and detailed then get ready to pay more for the illusion, or more appropriately the delusion.

As for my client, we were discussing the house he want, not the house I want for him. So, he's paying for what he wants!
When a builder says 'it can't be done' it can only mean one of two things, they either don't want to or don't know how to, such a builder is not for you.

Heed the message

Remember you represent the money side of the transaction, not the logistics.

The final draft design was finished and approved by my client on 23rd May and we received payment for the drawing on the 27th May. Still we don't have a land! Hence, another request was made to help in choosing a land suitable for the design in a gated community. We searched and searched for land that meets our design requirement and my clients' and succeeded in getting one 11th June. All the time we were searching, I was travelling to and fro Abeokuta to check the authenticity of the documents received, had to pay a lawyer for search, make settlement where need be to get information from the Bureau and the neighbourhood.

As at the time we were pegging, sourcing and delivering materials - the documents are not ready but we are doing so to play safe. Should there be any problem, we can always stop the cheque!

I received the documents last week Sunday 19th June when we have finished digging, met with the landlord association and got assurance that there's no problem with the land.

You may want to ask, are you the only one doing this for the client? How long have you known each other? What are the terms? Are there no family member around? Why are you doing this?

My clients aged father was with me in some cases and some others I had to do the job myself. So, TRUST is not the problem! Once, you deal with a reputable firm, N3m, N6m, not even N50m would not good enough as replacement for a good name I've been building for years. At least, I know of myself.
I've known my client for 6 weeks now and have handled transaction worth N10m without any problem. I'm still a Nigerian and I remain one. So, if a family, friend, partner betray you - ask yourself "What did I do wrong?"

The ultimate goal of my business is not just about money, but to build as many reference sites as possible and get more satisfied clients.

Welcome to a new dawn!

I can still recount how I sent money to my friend in UK to buy me an iPhone 2G when it first came out, not knowing that the phone is not in UK market yet. My guy sent me a china model and I did not take any offence because he's not aware. He did not dupe me! He's still my friend. I just told him to be careful next time when he's making purchases for other people.

Now, I've bought iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS and 4G through the same friend without any problem. Nobody is above mistake.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by gtrust: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2011
Brabus, there's no need to talk too much! Seeing is believing!

Overseas, Electricians, Plumbers and other Tradesmen have official
numbers just as Doctors do. When a Doctor prescribes and something
go wrong he/she is held liable (maybe jailed) same with tradesmen!

In Nigeria, you see different sorts of people claiming to be this and that.
An Electrician was sacked by Amlone for 'mistakes', abroad na jail!
People don't dare such nonsense.

Looking at Brabus' hand work on the pictures, it's very clear the guy
knows his job!
See how straight the bricks are and other stuff and see the tools the used
sometimes very ordinary stuff but they know what the want to achieve
(end result) and they got that. I'm impressed!

People should take time to LEARN BEFORE they go out to make money, PLEASE!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2011
[b]@ BRABUS[/b]
Well said,just to add to wat brabus said.i must say a special thank you to spyder(who i've never talked to) and of course brabus,i wld say this 2 have been really instrumental to my starting this project,as a matter of fact,it is something i shld av started bout 2-3 yrs ago,but ignorance and d mentality that "no one can be trusted" esp in naija was deeply rooted in me,and because of this,i just indulge myself in buying expensive new cars,use it for a yr or two and sell it back.Doing this i was always losing about $10-$15k every yr or two.
But has fate turnout,i was looking online trying to purchase yet another car from a new dealer,i stumble upon SPYDERS THREAD.and i read it thoroughly and i was moved that such honest people still reside in naija.I stopped and kept following his thread from March this year,and i said to myself,i have to do this.In May,i contacted brabus for a plan, in the course of our drafting a plan,i was won over by his simplicity,honesty and attention to details.All along i have been thinking of the DIY [/b]with my dad-tho he's a good dad,but i cant imagine how much wld have been wasted.Why, [[b]b]he's not a BUILDER.[/b].
I have sent him about #10m,and we are just really in the initial stage and getting started.Everything ,i repeat,every dime has been accounted for, so thoroughly(lol even to pure water bought)  that my father was just like wow,this guy is so honest,between,let me mention that i have about 3 younger brother that i cant even trust with #1m cuz they wld waste it in d name of he's my brother, again they r not pros in dt area.
So lesson learnt,what i shld av done earlier,i was into, it cant be done unless u on ground but ive come to realise otherwise.So i wld just advise dt for project like this,just get urself an honest professional in addition to ur parent and you wld be surprised about how much you can save.For my own case,my dad is not even always on site cuz he has complete confidence on who is handling d project. on the flip side,am not advocating u start sending ur money to anybody or pro,u can still do it by urself and save tonnes-whatever rocks and floats ur boat go with it, I wld like to end my sermon in d word of our GREAT am-alone, I REST MY CASE, i find it very amusing, lol, wat case, ? seriously r u a defense attorney,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.