Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses (28256 Views)

Innoson Is Producing 100 Units Of CNG City Buses For NNPC / Senators Bicker Over Innoson Motors Boss, Chukwuma / Governor Uzodinma Gifts Innoson Motors To Head Of Service, Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by sampsonub100: 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

End of the day, the engines would still be manufactured in China while the parts of the buses assembled in Nigeria as usual. Nothing new here.
Oga, be calming down and appreciate good things for once. Even major car companies don't produce their engines. As a matter of fact, only few people in the world can produce engines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Testimony1988(m): 1:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Wow, that's nice, what they should have done is to collate all inter states commercial drivers and give them some stipends so the transport cost won't affect the masses, it's the masses that use more of the commercial vehicles than the rich, so when it's done that way, the masses will have some form of relief, I just hope the buses will be maintained and it will be seen all over the states, and city centres and the local government areas and not for a particular section of the country and selected cities, i can remember when the buses El-rufai introduced during his reign as FCT minister, the buses where seen both in the city centre and the local governments, but later, the buses where not plying some of the local governments, and later, I didn't see the buses again, so I hope it won't end that way.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by nkemjacob2(m): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2021
To produce more buses? Where is the roads, how many buses can her produce to be enough for the Nigeria populace?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

End of the day, the engines would still be manufactured in China while the parts of the buses assembled in Nigeria as usual. Nothing new here.

Google Foxconn oga.

Your darling iPhone is still manufactured in China. As great as America is, they still go to China to manufacture the iPhone you praise. Who is Nigeria not to go to China to manufacture car engines.

Enemy of progress
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by JOemmy(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Realhommie:
Innoson can actually make good city buses. I remember back in 2013, boarded a city bus, one of the many which Uduaghan bought to help Deltans with alternative/cheaper transportation,it was an Innoson bus. It was actually my first time hearing of the brand i think. Very nice and modern bus just like the picture in the OP so i have no doubt in his ability to deliver something of good quality.

On the side, my people will flood this thread with so much chest beating oooooo. How it is that they're the smartest, most business savvy tribe in the universe, hehehehehe. I have seen them complain so much of not getting patronage from the government etc, I hope they'll give kudos to the NNPC here.

This is indeed one of the surest ways to grow the economy. Nice one NNPC.

I remember entering those new buses back then in warri never knew it was manufactured by innosson I wonder what happened to those buses I can't find any one now in warri.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by JOemmy(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
ntyce:
Nothing like victimisation now, no praise for NNPC for awarding the contract to an Igbo company..

If the contract had been given to a Northerner, expect them to start with blame game.

Anyways, this is a welcome development for the country.

Praise them for what? Is the oil and gas they survive on not also found in huge quantity in igboland?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Realhommie(m): 3:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
JOemmy:

I remember entering those new buses back then in warri never knew it was manufactured by innosson I wonder what happened to those buses I can't find any one now in warri.
Yea, me too... Poor maintenance culture i guess. The Delta state Urban Mass Transit scheme was put under the management of Agofure, alas nothing came out of it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by DaveHarry(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
backbencher:

How subsidy works.

The petrol industry refines fuel at a cost price A per liter of fuel while government makes it sell fuel at a cost price less than the cost price A called pump price B.

To compensate the industry for its loss of selling fuel at a price below the cost price A, government pays them a subsidy which in theory covers the difference between prices a and b

However the cost price a always rises because of salary increases, increased costs of maintenance, increased transport costs, costs of upgrades to refineries etc.

So the difference between the cost price a and pump price B rises. That means subsidy has to either rise as well to cover the loss, meaning

1.government eventually diverts money from other sectors of the economy to pay for the subsidy

2. Goverment allows price increases in fuel price to a point where they can still pay a subsidy and keep price at pump B below price A or the cost of production A per liter.

3. However cost of production keeps increasing, so the subsidy keeps increasing to keep the price low,and the cycle continues

4 At some point government starts cutting costs by skimping on refineries maintenance meaning refineries break down which means we end up importing

5. Also because subsidising fuel means in principle that the oil industry cannot earn a substantial profit, that means that new refineries cannot be built. And no investors are going to come and build a new refinery a and sell at a loss, which goverment subsides won't cover for them.( And unlike government refineries, private refineries have to source their money)

6. That in a nutshell is how subsidy works and why it should go.

7. Of course the major disadvantage of subsidy removal is a massive increase in food and transport prices.

Thank you for the education. Respect!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Zagee: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
It is very foolish of the finance minister and goons to only envisage that the only problem we are to face is moving from one place to another with the proposed 5k Allowance to "40million poor people". We can only wait for the multidimensional effect on goods and services. Current inflation rate + 2022 Odiegwu!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
DaveHarry:

Thank you for the education. Respect!

You're welcome.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by gazza07(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Thank you. Nigeria should accept us for who we are, progressive,industrious, honest people, only then will this country experience total peace and progress. Igbo Amaka grin grin grin
isaiah4life:
grin Igbos are frontiers of development.

I'm not an Igbo guy but I just love igbos and their development spirit. Their value make government chase them with investment prospect.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by ntyce(m): 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
JOemmy:

Praise them for what? Is the oil and gas they survive on not also found in huge quantity in igboland?

Going by your logic, a SS man should have been awarded the contract..

Shallow thinking
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by caracas: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

Ignoramus haters every where
Ivm doesn't even know weather you n your tribe exists
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Biafrarep(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
kingsceemark:

Yes we love it that way, meanwhile the Bombs and chemical of mass destruction are manufactured in Afghanistan, while the northerners import it to destroyed their region.

You should apply tact! Northerners are not against the development, it is the usual envious ones here in the South that hate anything good happening to Igbos. The North is trying to normalize relationship with Igbos.

If not that Buhari messed up in his first tenure by antagonizing Igbos, things won't have been so bad. Anyways, he is trying to make amends before leaving office. Sentiments aside, he appears to have done more for Igbos than even Jonathan we gave massive support yet nothing to show for it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Biafrarep(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Rupertek:

You are igbo.

My concern is this igbo possessive mentality in business.. Innoson should take his company to the public. This .. I will produce this, I will.produce that, if he happens to exit now, who will produce them? He need to invite people for expansion and.other ideas

At the bold, all I can say is God forbid! When you are playing in shark infested waters, you will always apply extreme caution.

Even Innoson is smart enough to contemplate going public. Once he does such, it becomes very easy for his company to be snatched from him.

He is the owner and chairman, but he isn't the one producing them directly rather his technical team.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by bigcasava1(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
They want to destroy his company. They are looking for a way to kill this motor company.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Omodua(m): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

Which one your parents manufacture. Innoson is one man doing his bids to reposition the economy.
Always critical. Appreciate what's ours. Not being cynical!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Regex: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
isaiah4life:

I'm not an Igbo guy but I just love igbos and their development spirit. Their value make government chase them with investment prospect.
you can be igbo if you believe!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by misterjosh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
Quick question, is gas cheaper than petrol?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by colestephan86: 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
isaiah4life:

What are you saying, apart from the vehicles, have u seen their crash tests, anybody can go to China and ask them to make anything to their specification.
Nothing is spectacular about the Igbos.
No hate
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Tundex911: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Absolutely but I hope we see how this zone are making way interm of goods and services that will definitely boost the economy one day.

Oluwa a wa pelu wa

isaiah4life:
Our biases won't allow us give them. They will insult you for suggesting such. My tribalmen have insulted and even cursed me. They even wanted to ostracized me for speaking the truth.

Truth is truth.there is no conversational truth. I even know many will insult me and call me a psychopath. The insult won't mean anything to me because when I see what is good regardless of the tribe I acknowledge. Inno is working hard and helping us. God bless him and his tribal council.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Xendre: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Putindbutt:

evn in yur next life u can never see good things Ekuke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by Poleski: 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
we would have gone far If in Biafra. Many Nigerians will be coming to Biafra land for picnics and jollyfication.

#Referendum Now Now

If it's that easy, start your own!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: NNPC Contracts Innoson Motors To manufacture city buses by kaltonga: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Buluz14:
Something like this will kill Biafra spirit sad

DO YOU KNOW THAT UNTREATED AND MISTREATED INFECTION CAN LEAD TO INFERTILITY IN MEN AND WOMEN? HAVE YOU BEEN SUFFERING FROM ANY KIND OF INFECTIONS OR GROWTH INSIDE YOUR BODY SUCH AS:

Staphylococcus (STAPH)
Gonorrhea
vaginal Yeast Infection
Trichomoniasis
Skin infection
Vaginitis:
Gardnerella
Norovirus
Streptococcus (e.t.c)

AND ALL KINDS OF TOILET INFECTIONS? Get rid of the infection using our number 1 herbal product.

Stop managing infections, crush that Chronic and STUBBORN infectio oga n and STAPH that refused to go and enjoy GOOD health within 2WEEKS. You are just a PHONE Call away to your permanent solution.
oga abeg do your agbo business in peace and leave Biafra out of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jigawa: Governor, Deputy, Emir Shun Osinbajo’s Visit / 2023 Presidency: 7 Reasons You Should Respect Peter Obi / Supreme Court: Nigerians Are The Bigger Losers, Not Me – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.