Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (53949 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
Igboid:

Notice the number system Captain Crow recorded in Bonny differ from those of Isu in terms of number "One".

In Isu dialect that modern standard written Igbo drew alot from, "One" is called "Otu".
In Onitsha, Anioma and Anambra, One is "Ofu".
In parts of Abia and Ebonyi and Imo, One is "Nnaa".
Ndoki are the only Igbos that call one "Oli".

Notice that the one in Bonny Igbo was "Oli" written as "Oly".
Which proves our point that the influence of Igbo slaves in Bonny was grossly exaggerated by latter day Ijaw nationalists like Alagoa, in order to bury the Indigenous presence of Ndoki in Bonny, and present Igbo language presence in Bonny as the result of Igbo slaves in the Island.

But in truth, if the Igbo language in Bonny is as a result of Igbo slaves there, the Igbo dialect used in Bonny should be Isu, who formed bulk of Igbo slaves, and not the Ndoki dialect we see in Bonny today and indeed in the past, as recorded by captain Crow.

I just had to re emphasize this.

Mazi u're just too intelligent, this your findings is bomb! this alone is an excerpt.

i'm definitely gona add them to my arsenal. the next battle will be taken to twitter.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

To be honest, I just found it this morning, and waited for the right opportunity to annihilate their claims. I looked for it for nearly a week.

I cut it out of the online version of Dr. Baikie's book about 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately the book was deleted when my system crashed about a year ago, and a whole lot of materials were lost, including that 1854 book by Baikie. Fortunately, the snippet I cut out remained.
It has proven helpful in obliterating these landgrabbers.

Please, edit this quote to reflect my updates.

Someone should make out time to save this thread off Nairaland. It should be in an archive someone.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Alabo, thanks for falling into my trap.

Now I have attached a piece wherein Dr. Baikie made it quite clear, the ancestry of Bonny indigenes. I hope this will clear all doubt, especially as you want to rely on the Baikie name.

cc
Slayerforever
9Pluto
igboid

lolzzzzzz and jesus said " it is finished."

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Igboid:

Notice the number system Captain Crow recorded in Bonny differ from those of Isu in terms of number "One".

In Isu dialect that modern standard written Igbo drew alot from, "One" is called "Otu".
In Onitsha, Anioma and Anambra, One is "Ofu".
In parts of Abia and Ebonyi and Imo, One is "Nnaa".
Ndoki are the only Igbos that call one "Oli".

Notice that the one in Bonny Igbo was "Oli" written as "Oly".
Which proves our point that the influence of Igbo slaves in Bonny was grossly exaggerated by latter day Ijaw nationalists like Alagoa, in order to bury the Indigenous presence of Ndoki in Bonny, and present Igbo language presence in Bonny as the result of Igbo slaves in the Island.

But in truth, if the Igbo language in Bonny is as a result of Igbo slaves there, the Igbo dialect used in Bonny should be Isu, who formed bulk of Igbo slaves, and not the Ndoki dialect we see in Bonny today and indeed in the past, as recorded by captain Crow.

I just had to re emphasize this.
I wonder where that Ijaw dude brought those mysterious things he posted from.
If Ubani use those things he posted, there wouldn't be need for the cultural genocide they are committing on them

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Since they are scared of a live debate, maybe we should run a documentary on BBC igbo, what do you guys say?

cc
Eastlink
Igboid
Slayerforever
Ekealterego
Ofoigbo

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Alabo, thanks for falling into my trap.

Now I have attached a piece wherein Dr. Baikie made it quite clear, the ancestry of Bonny indigenes. I hope this will clear all doubt, especially as you want to rely on the Baikie name.

cc
Slayerforever
9Pluto
igboid

They are not too bright. Like their history explains, they don't see through things.

Like the German doctors article, Crowthers letters, all eradicated the little lies they've cooked up to invade Bonny.
Lies like "Ibani is an Ijaw word" etc.

Like I asked them in a thread like this before.

"since Ibani (same with Ubani) has been proven to be an Igbo word, what does Ijaw people call Bonny before the existence of Nigeria?"

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
oyatz:

Languages aren't what determine who owns territories.
The German Language is spoken in more than 6 European countries and Arabic is spoken as first languages in many countries.

The two primary determining factors on the ownership of territories are ;

1) The political authority over the territories.

2) The peoples: In cases of referendum, referendum will only be conducted on territories where their people as represented by their political authorities demand for it.

We've passed this stage.

1. The political authority over Bonny is in the hands of Rivers state Government and last I checked, it is not headed by Ijaw.

2. The cultural genocide perpetrated by Ijaw on Bonny is enough referendum.
They see Bonny as an abandoned booty right for taking.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by OfoIgbo: 2:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
bomb24:

Mazi u're just too intelligent, this your findings is bomb! this alone is an excerpt.

i'm definitely gona add them to my arsenal. the next battle will be taken to twitter.

Igboid aka Pazienza has always been a beast grin grin

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by OfoIgbo: 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:
Please, edit this quote to reflect my updates.

Someone should make out time to save this thread off Nairaland. It should be in an archive someone.

Done

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2021
Bkayyy:

We've passed this stage.

1. The political authority over Bonny is in the hands of Rivers state Government and last I checked, it is not headed by Ijaw.

2. The cultural genocide perpetrated by INC/IYC on Bonny is enough referendum.
They see Bonny as an abandoned booty right for taking.

I didn't want to answer him but since you have started it here is my feedback for him.

Identity could be influenced by political authority in Europe but not in Africa. Since no indigenous ethnic groups in southern Nigeria really colonized the other. Unless he is trying to claim the Proud progenitors of Ancient Bonny and Opobo were colonized by ijaws which hasn't been proven. Except for instances of Ijaw leaders like the current King of Nembe who confiscated Igbo properties in the old River state.

He should ask him self:

Why is Bonny and Opobo the only two places on the coast where the indigenous language is different from the acclaimed owners?
Despite the Fulani hegemony over the Hauses, the Hausa language like the Ebanne has stood the test of time.

People's languages cannot be wished away by an executive fiat as is been attempted on this islands.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Ekealterego: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:

Why have you been hiding this literature while watching us run our mouth endlessly here?

Let me rephrase.

Why hidest thou this noblest of literature from thy Ubani kinsmen?

This is the MOST explicit record for me. Imagine I didn't even see this when I was challenging the entire ijaw to a live debate on their revised history.

This is an alternate neutral account from the one I started this thread on.

All opposing arguments so far, has been mere conjectures without any historical reference. Notice how names or words are continuously twisted to give a different meaning. I keep laughing when I see Opobo spelt as Opubo, then Opuboama.
I hope you guys also noticed the final blow to the Perekule claims as Pepple in this post.
I first noticed in Crow's account,that the assigned English names has no bearing to the indigenous names.

This account still mentioned the same Brass people in the original post, different from Kalabari people and not a single mention of ijaw.

The last attempt at revisionism was to change the Ebanne language and they almost succeeded, unfortunately there came a coconut head generation of igbos to stop them just in time. I think the preceeding generation of igbos owe this generation an apology. But they are forgiven since they didn't have Internet access.

This literature should be posted EVERYWHERE that matters.

Please, fully reference this book. The name of the book, the author's name and date.

Ladies and gentlemen, it took us several days and 33 pages on nairaland to arrive where we started. I think we have come to the end of this debate.

cc
Slayerforever
Ofoigbo
igboid
Eastlink

Your Ebanne igbo ancestors would be proud of you guys.

P.S: Someone can now tell the dubious author of we are all sons of Perekule to wipe his fallacious behind with that piece of thrash.

Just in case they are trying to say it is fake. He is it again.

Title
Narrative of an exploring voyage up the rivers Kwóra and Bínue (commonly known as the Niger and Tsádda) in 1854. With a map and appendices. Pub. with the sanction of Her Majesty's government. By William Balfour Baikie.

By
Baikie, William Balfour, 1825-1864

PAGE 335

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Biafrarep:

You don't seem to understand the power of social media in an information age. Pen is always mightier than the sword. Anybody that goes through this thread with an open mind will accept the fact that Bonny and Opobo are historically Igbos.

Nairaland still remains Nigeria's most popular forum and indigenes of Bonny and Opobo will definitely come across these Revelations, and they will truly know who they are!

Now that ijaw landgrabbers are desperately trying to coerce them into learning a foreign language which is not their heritage, such awareness will help to awaken their consciousness into resisting the ijaws.

Information is power, and what we are doing here should never be taken for granted!

As stupid as u are, I'm from Bonny.
What my father and grandfather told me is my history, not some useless Ibo on Nairaland.
All Ibani people are all Ijaws.
Go to hell and first stop calling fellow ibos outcast.
We don't have useless cultures like Ibo.
That have no regard and value for woman.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 2:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:

What my father and grandfather told me is my history, not some useless Ibo on Nairaland.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:

I didn't want to answer him but since you have started it here is my feedback for him.

Identity could be influenced by political authority in Europe but not in Africa. Since no indigenous ethnic groups in southern Nigeria really colonized the other. Unless he is trying to claim the Proud progenitors of Ancient Bonny and Opobo were colonized by ijaws which hasn't been proven. Except for instances of Ijaw leaders like the current King of Nembe who confiscated Igbo properties in the old River state.

He should ask him self:

Why is Bonny and Opobo the only two places on the coast where the indigenous language is different from the acclaimed owners?
Despite the Fulani hegemony over the Hauses, the Hausa language like the Ebanne has stood the test of time.

People's languages cannot be wished away by an executive fiat as is been attempted on this islands.
His post proves that they have conceded defeat.
No more evidence to present so they want to rely on Power/authority, something they also lack.

What Ijaw have over Bonny is past Igbo negligence. This is something this thread as well with other things/activities that will come after it from Ndigbo will address.

I like your Fulani and Hausa. It is the closest they can relate to.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
Igboid:
See list of numbers in Bonny as recorded by captain Crow.

Do they look Ijaw to you?

That nonesense was created by Ibo.
Go claim them physical.
We are Ijaws and we remain Ijaws forever.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Igboid aka Pazienza has always been a beast grin grin
lol and will always be!

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Title
Narrative of an exploring voyage up the rivers Kwóra and Bínue (commonly known as the Niger and Tsádda) in 1854. With a map and appendices. Pub. with the sanction of Her Majesty's government. By William Balfour Baikie.

By

PAGE 335
There is this screenshot you post that shows Eastern Region Parliamentarians and their ethnic groups. It has representatives that are from Bonny and their Igbo identity was boldly written.

I don't know if you still have it.

That piece explains a lot of things

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:

Is there any Ijaw man that doesn't claim he comes from Bonny these days?

If you don't have any proof to buttress your ascertions, keep quiet and learn from others.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
Bkayyy:

Is there any Ijaw man that is not from Bonny these days?

If you don't have any proof to buttress your ascertions, keep quiet and learn from others.

You can say whatever u want to say online, all I know is that, if una reach Bonny nd say this kind of thing.
That will be una last minutes on earth concerning what we will make una face.
Foolish people.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:

Lmao.

I decree...your people should immediately confer you with a chieftaincy title.

ngwa ngwa!!!

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Bkayyy: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:

You can say whatever u want to say online, all I know is that, if una reach Bonny nd say this kind of thing.
That will be una last minutes on earth concerning what we will make una face.
Foolish people.
Thank you and God bless.
Now Scram, let's see those with substance

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:
Since they are scared of a live debate, maybe we should run a documentary on BBC igbo, what do you guys say?

cc
Eastlink
Igboid
Slayerforever
Ekealterego
Ofoigbo

nwanne I really appreciate the justice you have done on this thread so far. if i may ask wat part of alaigbo are you from?

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:

STFU u're not from bonny. stop claiming wat you are not.

u are notorious for claiming different towns and states on this forum with different monikers.

these are your older monikers.

captain8
adakaboro
ebi
greatboss
ditari.

cc igboid,slayerforever,bkayy,ofoigbo,9pluto.ekeaterelgo plz take note of this online miscreant.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2021
bomb24:

STFU u're not from bonny. stop claiming wat you are not.

u are notorious for claiming different towns and states on this forum with different monikers.

these are your older monikers.

captain8
adakaboro
ebi
greatboss
ditari.

cc igboid,slayerforever,bkayy,ofoigbo,9pluto.ekeaterelgo plz take note of this online miscreant.

Why don't you say all Ijaw people account on Nairaland belong to one person.
Foolish person.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nengi is a unisex name both male and female can answer it.

Nengi of BbNaija from Bayelsa.

She is from
Nembe-Ijaw Subgroup,
That carries both Brass nd Nembe LGA people.

The present Chairman Asari Toru LGA Kalabari-Ijaw is also Nengi by name.

The present Chairman Bonny LGA Ibani-Ijaw is also Nengi by name and u say Bonny is Igbo.
If them born una well come Bonny, come talk this nonesense.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by GreatBoss: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:
Nengi is a unisex name both male and female can answer it.

Nengi of BbNaija from Bayelsa.

She is from
Nembe-Ijaw Subgroup,
That carries both Brass nd Nembe LGA people.

The present Chairman Asari Toru LGA Kalabari- Ijaw is also Nengi by name.

The present Chairman Bonny LGA Ibani -Ijaw is also Nengi by name and u say Bonny is Igbo.
If them born una well come Bonny, come talk this nonesense.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
9Pluto:

cc
Eastlink
Igboid
Slayerforever
Ekealterego
Ofoigbo

Seconded.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:

Why don't you say all Ijaw people account on Nairaland belong to one person. Foolish person.
keep mom bloody lier!

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Supremos: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
GreatBoss:
Since you've been defeated evidencially, you've come up with threats upon threats, that's ok, we're Igbos, we will quail your aggression in 24hrs and return you to the mosquito infested creeks at the right time.
We don't bow to threats, you can even ask the British.
Away from that, Rotimi Amaechi is an Ikwere man, he's not Yoruba because of Rotimi. Nengi the local government chairman you're referring to may not be ijaw. Even if he is, at the right time, he will move to the 4 lgas of ijawland

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by SlayerForever: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
Good conclusion.

I forward a hypothesis that during and after the civil war (1970s) Bonny and Opobo families were forced to take up Ijaw first names and family names to escape persecution. As well as clan and community names.

I have once read arguments from Opobians who claim their Ijaw names mean nothing in their language.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by OfoIgbo: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
Ekealterego:

Title

By

PAGE 335

Thank you for this.

Do you have a link to that book online? I lost my link to it, and lost the downloaded version also.

I hope Alabo7978 is learning from these ancient records from neutral sources, endorsed by Queen Victoria

I also hope Adakaboro8, Robbstark and the rest can now see why Bonny and Opobo will always be a part of a future Igbo country.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by RobbStark(m): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Thank you for this.

Do you have a link to that book online? I lost my link to it, and lost the downloaded version also.

I hope Alabo7978 is learning from these ancient records from neutral sources, endorsed by Queen Victoria

I also hope Adakaboro8, Robbstark and the rest can now see why Bonny and Opobo will always be a part of a future Igbo country.

Future Ibo??
Why not present Ibo.

grin grin grin angry cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (90) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ukrainian And Russian Officials Meeting In Belarus / President Jonathan Hugs General Buhari At Election Sensitization Workshop (Pic) / FAKE Osinbajo's Daughter (kiki Osinbajo) Tweets Something Touching FAKE

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66