Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,400 members, 7,836,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (55246 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by bomb24: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2021
Alabo7978:

Lol who is this one?
Bomb truly dey your head as per your monicker.
You not wondering why your other more intelligent comrades aren't responding to me anymore?
Now get out of here, you no dey my level.

Alabo the chief in dullard claiming to be intelligent, when your ass-hole has been bleeped from page 1-30 of this thread lol.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 10:16am On Dec 03, 2021
Putindbutt:

Alabo7978 provided earlier document showing counting system in Bonny which was proven to correspond with the Kalabari dialects. Your tactics at shouting down on opposing views is a bit too stale.

You are a joke.
Bonny count in Igbo numbers today, and we had provided evidence that the counting was same as in today in the past.
There is basically nothing to shut down.

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 03, 2021
cheruv:

Benin's continuous claiming of Anịọma/土美 is a justifiable Causus Belli, Kos there's no connection between the Edo and the Igbos of the trans-Niger.
Igboland from Ịka/田 in the West to the Anyịm/澠 River in the East, and from Ẹkpoto/貉 in the North to the Atlantic seaboard of Ụbaanị/豐窠 are all Alị Igbo/土隣 and won't be shared with any other.
So stretch out your hand to it and have it cut off!
I am Anioma, we are not Igbos and we never have been, also we don't need anybody to claim us, we know who we are, precolonial maps and notes are there for all to see, we are Edos ! You people in the southeast are deluded, stop thinking you talk on our behalf ! We are not your osus, we are not your property. So shut your mouth about us ! We are and we will always be Edos !

Oba Ghatokpere, Isse !

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2021
Igbos were known in the precolonial era for not being one people but rather a multitude of small tribes living in a small landlocked space which is located in modern day Nigeria's southeast and cameroons southern region.

You guys have no links with us Anioma, we Aniomas are Edos. Our emperor is the Oba of Benin and all our monarchs trace their origin to the palace of Benin.

Igbos were also known for cannibalism and they ate quite a few European explorers. The cannibalism amongst the Igbos was most likely due to their backwardness and poverty and lack of exposure and toxic culture. The British mass converted you guys to Christianity because your culture was too backward and cannibalistic to be allowed to survive.
So stop rewriting history and know your place.

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2021
9Pluto:

You have once more proven yourself true to type as described by European explorers over 200 years ago.

All of a sudden you are not IYC spokesperson, perhaps I mentioned to you I am Ohaneze spokesperson.

You are indeed the busiest man on earth(I can bet you, you do not have more commitment than I do), yet you have spent over 2 days here spewing falsehood. Then all of a sudden you can't spare 1 hour on a live debate.

This is my one and only account here, but I discovered the alarming attempts at revisionism that is going on in the delta hence my submissions.

Interestingly, the truth has come to bare. No amount of laying murderous ambush trying to eliminate natives and trying to usurp their God-given language will erase the ancestory of a people. You can kill as many as you have done and try destroying historical landmarks but carefully kept historical documents are beyond your murderous reach.

Tell IYC someone is bold enough to challenge their claims.
It's in your blood, trying to overshadow Aborigines, reason why they drove away a group of Igbo traders in some African countries, infact the igbos in particular are the reason south Africa started their xenophobic madness, always constituting nuisance all over the world, having eze'ndigbo in Germany, south Africa, Ghana, ogun state.
I love what the traditional rulers in cross river did, they really put y'all in your place when you wanted to install a king in their land.
Look at the other one in the screenshot reacting to the Oba of Lagos, smh.
Look at the one at ogun wanting to unite Nigeria.
You are like the Fulani people who enter one by one like rats under the cover of doing business, before you know it, they've taken over.
Thank God for crowther and pepple.
The world is waking up to your cronniness and fraudulent nature, sneaking in like snakes into homes and wanting to kill the owner to have it all to yourselves.
In 500 years time, people like 9pluto, Ekealterego, SlayerForever Igboid biafrarep will come and tell us how igbos were the ones who settled there.
You all are snakes, and the ijoh Ethnic nation will treat y'all the way you want it if you dare extend your land grabbing agenda beyond your pretentious trading.
Irritating fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 03, 2021
Igboid:

You are a joke.
Bonny count in Igbo numbers today, and we had provided evidence that the counting was same as in today in the past.
There is basically nothing to shut down.
Bonny count in IGBO numbers?
Show us proof.

This screenshot on baikie's Bonny numbering SYSTEM reeks of ijoh.
Zoom it and see it yourself.
That is my proof.
Look downwards, they call fire "fene" we do same
Water is mingi, in my tribe Nembe we say mindi
House is Wari, we also say Wari.

And when we knock on the door we say wari'o the house owner will say suo'o

Now lieng smelling landgrabbing buffalo,
Show me your own proof!

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 11:49am On Dec 03, 2021
Anonymous15:

Bonny count in IGBO numbers?
Show us proof.

This screenshot on baikie's Bonny numbering SYSTEM reeks of ijoh.
Zoom it and see it yourself.
That is my proof.
Look downwards, they call fire "fene" we do same
Water is mingi, in my tribe Nembe we say mindi
House is Wari, we also say Wari.

And when we knock on the door we say wari'o the house owner will say suo'o

Now lieng smelling landgrabbing buffalo,
Show me your own proof!

Bonny numbering system by captain Crow.

Zoom and view yourself.

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2021
Not too long ago, Igbos (southeast) were also claiming Ijo as Igbo, then they claimed tiv as Igbo then they claimed Urhobo as Igbo, some even are claiming Edos in Benin city to be Igbo, some claim the Oba of Benin is Igbo ...
Igbo madness is beyond anything else...

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Omanambala(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2021
Truthvalue41:
Igbos were known in the precolonial era for not being one people but rather a multitude of small tribes living in a small landlocked space which is located in modern day Nigeria's southeast and cameroons southern region.

You guys have no links with us Anioma, we Aniomas are Edos. Our emperor is the Oba of Benin and all our monarchs trace their origin to the palace of Benin.

Igbos were also known for cannibalism and they ate quite a few European explorers. The cannibalism amongst the Igbos was most likely due to their backwardness and poverty and lack of exposure and toxic culture. The British mass converted you guys to Christianity because your culture was too backward and cannibalistic to be allowed to survive.
So stop rewriting history and know your place.

You are the same chap that claims all Anioma kings told you they are Oba of Bini relatives and you also claimed to be intelligent. The same "intelligent" you believed the whole Igbo land was under Bini kingdom and now you are making another wild claim, that all Anioma is Edo.....

Please, go back to kindergarten, you miserablee lowlife!

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2021
Igbos, nobody is jealous of you contrary to what you keep saying. People hate you because of your toxic culture which you must change if you want to get along with others.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2021
Truthvalue41:

I am Anioma, we are not Igbos and we never have been, also we don't need anybody to claim us, we know who we are, precolonial maps and notes are there for all to see, we are Edos ! You people in the southeast are deluded, stop thinking you talk on our behalf ! We are not your osus, we are not your property. So shut your mouth about us ! We are and we will always be Edos !

Oba Ghatokpere, Issue !
Anioma was coined in 1951 by Dennis Osadebe.
You are Ika and nobody is dragging you.
I don't know what is difficult for you self imposed Bini slaves to get in this.

Nobody is dragging you people. You can be whatever you want. Bini slaves or like Omokri said "Itsekiri slaves" that is your cup of tea, but don't drag those with sense into your stupidity.

Bini Ika slave

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2021
Omanambala:

You are the same chap that claims all Anioma kings told you they are Oba of Bini relatives and you also claimed to be intelligent. The same "intelligent" you believed the whole Igbo land was under Bini kingdom and now you are making another wild claim, that all Anioma is Edo.....

Please, go back to kindergarten, you miserablee lowlife!
That's how most Ika people that are disconnected from their root behave.
Some are becoming wiser today but the economic refugee is a stereotype

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Omanambala(m): 11:59am On Dec 03, 2021
Truthvalue41:
Not too long ago, Igbos (southeast) were also claiming Ijo as Igbo, then they claimed tiv as Igbo then they claimed Urhobo as Igbo, some even are claiming Edos in Benin city to be Igbo, some claim the Oba of Benin is Igbo ...
Igbo madness is beyond anything else...

You Bini slave will not seize to amaze me. When were Igbo claiming Ijaw and Uhrobo ? Where did it happen ?

You are also the same guy that posted picture of Obi Achebe and called his regalia Bini. You should not be debating in a public place because it's pathetic.

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Omanambala(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Truthvalue41:
Igbos, nobody is jealous of you contrary to what you keep saying. People hate you because of your toxic culture which you must change if you want to get along with others.

Oga , you are derailing.

Secondly , go pick a book and read to get informed because you sound like an eidiot.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Igboid:

Bonny numbering system by captain Crow.

Zoom and view yourself.

Wait o, Igboid, you brought the account of a slave captain who's only route is the sea and his ship.
Perhaps in relation with the slaves on board who were igbos you brought an account from a slave captain.
I thought you were bright.
Please tell your other more brilliant friends in your group chat to help you.
I'm showing you Dr baikie (even though not always correct) and you're showing me a slave captain.
Get out of here.
Atleast tell Ekealterego and 9pluto and the rest, don't know their godforsaken monicker to help you.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Omanambala(m): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Anonymous15:

Wait o, Igboid, you brought the account of a slave captain who's only route is the sea and his ship.
Perhaps in relation with the slaves on board who were igbos you brought an account from a slave captain.
I'm showing you Dr baikie (even though not always correct) and you're showing me a slave captain.
Get out of here.
Atleast tell Ekealterego and 9pluto and the rest, don't know their godforsaken monicker to help you.

Are you agreeing with Baike's account or not ? Because if you are not sure then dont post an excerpt when it suits you.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
cheruv:

Igboland from Ịka/田 in the West to the Anyịm/澠 River in the East, and from Ẹkpoto/貉 in the North to the Atlantic seaboard of Ụbaanị/豐窠 are all Alị Igbo/土隣 and won't be shared with any other.
So stretch out your hand to it and have it cut off!

Ika, Anioma are all Edos, none of us is Igbo ! I can't wait for a civil war to finally break our again so that we can give you guys (southeasterners) a well deserved lesson. It is coming ... I suggest we redo a war against the southeast every 10 years to keep the memory fresh and avoid the usual disturbance and chest beating of the deluded Igbos.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by cheruv: 12:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Truthvalue41:

Oba Ghatokpere, Issue !
An Edo masquerading as an Igbo!

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Operation "python dance" was way too soft, we should do operation "python strangle hold" and operation "tigre bite"... The southeasterners need to be dealt with again and again and again until it sinks into their dead brains.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Anonymous15:

Get out of here.

You are mad.
That number system is what is still used in Bonny and Opobo till today, which is why you desperados want to change the Igbo language there.
So you know that Baike is not always right? grin
Could this be because he specifically stated that Bonny people came from Igboland? grin
So you pick and choose what aspect of his write up to believe? cheesy

Now let's be objective.

Baike number system doesn't correspond with the Ndoki number system currently used in Bonny and Opobo today

But Crows own corresponds with it. So we know who was right and who was wrong between the both.

Additionally, the missionaries had already also written the first Igbo Bible using the Bonny Igbo dialect. So we know that as of that time , Bonny was using Igbo language too.

At best, we can say that Baike made a mistake with his numbers.
But if we are to accept Baike as infallible, then we must accept his statement that Bonny people including Pepple came from Igboland.
If we accept this, then we can project that maybe at the point Baike visited, Bonny people who were originally Igbo had switched to using Ijaw numbering system which Baike observed, but after a few decades, the people had reconnected to their original Igbo language and it's number system, which remains in use today.

So yes. I don't see how Baike account helps your course, seeing as Bonny is Igbo speaking today. Baike report already established that they were of Igbo origin, even if they were speaking Ijaw at the time Baike met them (which I by the way doubt, but nevertheless just running along with your Hypothesis) it doesn't change the fact that they were of Igbo origin and are today Igbo speaking.

Head or tail bro, you lose.

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
cheruv:

An Edo masquerading as an Igbo!
I will never be Igbo and I have never been Igbo, I am Edo and my subgroup is Anioma, as I keep saying to your deaf ears, we are not Igbo ! Stop talking about us !

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Omanambala:

Are you agreeing with Baike's account or not ? Because if you are not sure then dont post an excerpt when it suits you.
You don't have talk

This document by pepple and crowther ended this debate a long time ago.
Dr koeller burried it.

Even your baikie in perhaps the only research he put effort in showed the counting system, and you're bringing the captain of a ship who's only duty post is the Atlantic ocean.

Come, abulo, I have supported my already true notion with pepple, crowther, koeller (a German) baikie (an English)
That is 4 people.
Bring four people who worked in Bonny and not some slave vessel transporter.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Anonymous15:

You don't have talk

This document by pepple and crowther ended this debate a long time ago.
Dr koeller burried it.

Even your baikie in perhaps the only research he put effort in showed the counting system, and you're bringing the captain of a ship who's only duty post is the Atlantic ocean.

Come, abulo, I have supported my already true notion with pepple, crowther, koeller (a German) baikie (an English)
That is 4 people.
Bring four people who worked in Bonny and not some slave vessel transporter.

Pepple told Baike that he and his Bonny people came from Igbo land.

How do you reconcile this with your claims here?
Or you want to develop selective amnesia on that very important information grin

Okay. Your argument is that they were Ijaw speaking when Baike met them? This is doubtful considering that CMS based the Igbo union Bible on Bonny dialect, but even if in the slightest means, that we accept this.
It would only prove that they were Igbos who switched to Ijaw language and later switched back to Igbo language they currently speak today.

And again I ask you, how does the above help your argument?

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
Honestly guys, there is really nothing to prove here again. Did you notice how none of them have been able to provide just one counter argument aside from empty threats?

You guys should stop engaging them. Already the true Ebane people know what to do.

9 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ebufa: 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
GreatBoss:
All these claims of Ijaw land, just go and claim it physical, and not this much talk on Nairaland always.

Go and claim them physical.
Stop showing us lies created by ibos.
Go and claim them physical.

Okay because your Fulani allies are in control of the Nigerian army........and the Ikwerres do not want shake off the civil war induced stockholm syndrome,you now feel you can take on Ndigbo toe to toe!, there are many ways to skin a cat I do assure you!

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
9Pluto:

Thank you for posting this. From my observations, I wouldn't consider this as an account of Bonny as it is dwelling more on the western Delta and it did not mention the ijo in Bonny. However, the post seems to have buried some claims.

While igbos here say Bonny people are igbos mixed with Brass people while their Kings are igbos according to Captain Crow. Some ijaw counter argument seems to be that ijaws were the ones on Bonny exclusively selling igbo slaves.
When the accounts of English slave traders got submitted, the arguments for Ijaw was that the trading was during the Portuguese era.
From most of the accounts submitted here, one thing seems obvious. The Europeans needed a conducive environment to trade meaning they worked with tribes that were welcoming. However, most of the post about Ijaw so far, including the one you just posted from a Portuguese background been critical of ijaws as pirates and practicing cannibalism.
You started out as a neutral OP,over time you've showed your hands as being biased.Anyhow,I would have responded to most comments here but some overzealous Mod put me on freeze

Back to the discuss of Captain Pereira's account on the true indigenous tribes of Bonny.On page 132 in the Chapter titled the "Life and Habit of the Jos",He stated the Jos occupied the areas around the river Cabo Fermosa to the river Rio Real(Rivers Cabo Fermosa,Rio de Sam Bento,San Ilefenso,Rio de Santa Barbara,Rio Pequeno to Rio Real).

The Rio Real is the combined estuary of New Calabar and Bonny Rivers.You may recall from one of the screenshots I uploaded,he said the Jos traded mainly on Slaves and Ivory.

From the attached excerpt,he alluded to the Bonny village (corroborated by Dr. Fage's commentary) as a population of about 2000 inhabitants where much salts and bigger canoes are made.

From the footnotes one can tell the English names of those rivers.
Rio Pequeno-Sambrero River
Rio de Sam Bento-Brass River
Ilefenso-St Nicholas River.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ebufa: 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
GreatBoss:

Every group hate Ibo both big ones, like Ijaws and Yorubas etc, and small ones in the Niger Delta region and the Middle Belt region.

All groups hate igbo.

guilty conscience is worrying y'all.....you know what you stole from ndigbo!

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Grinch41: 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
Cc
Alabo7978
Putindbutt
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Crazybeard: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
JANK23H:

You started out as a neutral OP,over time you've showed your hands as being biased.Anyhow,I would have responded to most comments here but some overzealous Mod put me on freeze

Back to the discuss of Captain Pereira's account on the true indigenous tribes of Bonny.On page 132 in the Chapter titled the "Life and Habit of the Jos",He stated the Jos occupied the areas around the river Cabo Fermosa to the river Rio Real(Rivers Cabo Fermosa,Rio de Sam Bento,San Ilefenso,Rio de Santa Barbara,Rio Pequeno to Rio Real).

The Rio Real is the combined estuary of New Calabar and Bonny Rivers.You may recall from one of the screenshots I uploaded,he said the Jos traded mainly on Slaves and Ivory.

From the attached excerpt,he alluded to the Bonny village (corroborated by Dr. Fage's commentary) as a population of about 2000 inhabitants where much salts and bigger canoes are made.

These are fifteen century account and it trump's that of the British that was made in the 19th century.

Before then,there was no influx of Igbo slaves into Bonny.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by ThickSharon123(f): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ika isn't Igbo ooo. Nobody should say that, they are Bini, biko. Nobody can force the Bini blood out of them. They do say it themselves, even their language I don't really understand. The language of the IKa has more of Bini phrases and little of Igbo dialect.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
JANK23H:

I am happy to say you are the FIRST person to have posted a reasonable counter argument.
I have tried to be as neutral as possible. As you would have noticed most of my claims have been properly referenced. The updates I made on the original post have been based on brought up evidences of NEUTRAL authors. Not Igbo not ijaw authors for obvious reasons.
I went as far as volunteering for a life debate and up till now, NOBODY has been bold enough to challenge me about, "you own history".

I wish most of you would be more objective (unless you know the truth and want to be intentionally dishonest).

Kindly properly reference your article. The name, the author's name and date of publication.

Meanwhile, I hope that map you uploaded wasn't from the book you referenced because I see maps of Rivers, Bayelsa and Imo State there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (91) (Reply)

Wike Gifts Man Who Trekked For Him A Car, Celebrated By His People (Photos) / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row / Evidence That Kyari Took N500m From MTN To Help Reduce Fine Presented To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.