Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

What Can This Family Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can This Family Do? (3206 Views)

Is This Family Right To Demand For The Whole Money? / Why Your Diasporan Friends And Family Do Not Send You Money When You Ask. / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can This Family Do? by yomi007k(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nigerian society is still one where the wise are considered foolish because the foolish are the majority. undecided

Good thing you noticed.

No dey argue with people. Let them do mess themselves up and be looking for NGO.

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by frozen70(f): 9:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
@ Op just leave this family, they already know that they are nuisance to the society

If you can't afford to be giving them a percentage of your small salary pls leave them alone

By this time next year, they will birth another child and so it keeps going

You can't solve their problems neither can any society do it

1 Like

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
frozen70:
If you can't afford to be giving them a percentage of your small salary pls leave them alone

And the statement in bold is reason why I believe we need to start calling these problem out for what it is ... foolishness - a lack of wisdom undecided
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
SportsHD:

When I was still at Abuja. There's was this couple living out of a missionary in my estate. The missionary gave them a place to stay. Not permanent though, but somewhere to lay their head. Now, I know businesses can go wrong and how the economic situation in Nigeria can bankrupt someone. But, the couples went and had two more kids, for bleeps sakes. Like they had the third kid in the missionary, In a poor, hand to mouth situation, they had the Fourth one again. I just don't understand. Family planning is free, condom is not that expensive. But no, they keep bringing kids to this life to suffer!

The mother and the last born sleeps on a makeshift bed while the other three daughters and the father slept on the cold bare floor. The woman has a make shift shop in front of the missionary. Husband is jobless
Tell me that ain't the face of foolishness, of evil right there? undecided
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Spherical77(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Tell me that ain't the face of foolishness, of evil right there? undecided
Not all are foolish. Some are ignorance coupled with illiteracy. Illiterate parents breeds kids with the hope of having a successful one amongst them. The literate who had money and still breed kids, does that based on their own satisfaction and not as a retirement benefits

Majority of northerners breeding kids like fish are not only poor but illiterate. Very few percentage of their rich and educated elites breeds kids like that. Even at that, most of their kids had a good quality life and get educated

Illiteracy is a leading factor of high population. Coincidentally, the OP said both parents are illiterate. Illiteracy can birth so many things

There's always a general notion that says "if you think education is expensive, then try ignorance"

These people are ignorance with high level of illiteracy. Some of them don't know anything about family planning not until they inform them and make them see the importance. We don't refer to such people as foolish. They are only ignorance because of their level of illiteracy

Foolishness is when someone knows the right thing to do but do otherwise

Some of these people doesn't know the right thing to do. They are very wack, myopic, short sighted et al. Why would you tell me that I'm foolish because I'm eating just one particular type of food without having a balanced diet? when i don't even know what balanced diet was and the importance of having it. I'm only ignorance because i don't know the needful and importance of balance diet

Mostly, illiteracy could birth ignorance. Particularly, in this kind of discussion (family planning)

Some don't even visit hospital for treatment and antenatal. They do patronize local herbs and auxiliary nurses within their neighbourhood

Ignorance and illiteracy are core leading factors

5 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mercychen:
SMH..

It's high time Nigerian govt adopt the one child policy like China.

Shut the entire fcvk up..

I really need to see what you look like in real life fr. You have opinion on every topic.

I won't be surprised if you're an evening newspaper.

ITK woman
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Teleprompter(f): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
If I was the owner of the uncompleted building, I would make the man sign an undertaking to never sleep with his wife again....just kidding.

Life was not unfair to them but they brought it upon themselves. As hungry as they are, having no shelter but having sex enough to yield six children is irresponsibility and wickedness to the society. The man and woman should be separated and rehabilitated while the children should be confiscated by the government.

If we help them get a better source of living, I think they would relax and have more children. Those children are already a nuisance and problem to society. What is the location? Let me see if I can get social workers to evaluate them...

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
Teleprompter:
If I was the owner of the uncompleted building, I would make the man sign an undertaking to never sleep with his wife again....just kidding.

Life was not unfair to them but they brought it upon themselves. As hungry as they are, having no shelter but having sex enough to yield six children is irresponsibility and wickedness to the society. The man and woman should be separated and rehabilitated while the children should be confiscated by the government.

If we help them get a better source of living, I think they would relax and have more children. Those children are already a nuisance and problem to society. What is the location? Let me see if I can get social workers to evaluate them...
Separation will not cure this level of foolishness. The man will likely find himself another woman to impregnate, the woman, she might just run away to start over somewhere else. undecided

Only in a case where a vasectomy is forced on the man in exchange for aide might work but even then lipsrsealed
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Ishilove: 1:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Mercychen:

How is it unrealistic?

If I become the president today, it will become realistic by force.
So if I and my husband can very comfortably afford 4kids in this economy, we will not be allowed to have them because low income earners can't?

Mercy, it is indeed an unrealistic suggestion

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Ishilove: 1:06am On Nov 29, 2021
In the meantime, enough of the discussion and condemnation. Let those who can find a way to rehabilitate them do so. After rehabilitation, they can now receive counseling about the dangers of birthing children like rabbits in this Buhari era.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can This Family Do? by JeffreyJunior: 2:56am On Nov 29, 2021
I hate when poverty is recycled but condemnations won't help especially in a situation that innocent kids are the ones feeling the direct heat.

Villa12, I'll appreciate if you can get some information from them. Don't raise their hopes too high by asking directly, just take style do am.

1. A skill and/or small business the man can do. I'm thinking of motorcycle riding, keke driving, taxi driving etc.

2. A small business the wife can start and the cost of starting it. The one she has some level of experience will be ideal.

3. Cost of two years rent in nearby low income housing, even face me I face you kind of home won't be a bad idea for now as long as it will be conducive for the kids.

4. Schooling cost for the kids at nearby schools, at least a year cost.

Lastly, there will be need for direct contact with them but that can wait for now until people know exactly how and where to come into their situation.

Please update the thread with your findings when you're done. I believe there may be people willing to help out even in littlest ways.

Thank you.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Nov 29, 2021
Na wa o!
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Olumighty123(m): 4:40am On Nov 29, 2021
Ulunne777:
The truth is that this situation is everywhere.We all have ppl around us going through same.It becomes harder when the ppl have multiple kids while you the helper have 2 max.like you are stupid.

Exactly my point, I have this neighbour who has 7 kids, one has a down syndrome and another one has leprosy. Now The children has been out of school for 3 weeks. Only 3 of them was put in school and the other ones stay back home constituting nuisance here and there, the husband is a factory worker and the woman is a stay home mom. I've overheard her justifying her birthing many kids and slamming those with just one or two kids, I just smile and walk pass, I'm never a fan of this family due to the fact of their constant bloody fights, the husband take chances to fight the woman at all times, either he comes home and they had finished the whole food, to the woman going out leaving the kids only to come back late night. Landlord is sha trying to vacate them from the house cos they couldn't pay the rents, their first year expired and they couldn't renew it, I wonder what those children would grow up to be cos all they do now is curse at each other cos that's what their parents do when they had a dispute. Illiteracy is a diseace they say.

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Spherical77(m): 5:55am On Nov 29, 2021
Teleprompter:

According to the Op the woman had been taken to the hospital for family planning. And they seems to have regretted their actions having too many children. They're already seeing the consequences gradually as the first child stealing and always available for messenger. It's a whole danger for that family. The innocent children are the culprit. Please do help them in any way you can. The sounds real to me honestly and the Op family are also supportive in one way or the other

You know we can't continue condemning the family and leave them to their fate. It will later backfire to the society at large as the children will become nuisance joining bad gang disturbing the peace of the community/nation at large

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Spherical77(m): 5:58am On Nov 29, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

Shut the entire fcvk up..

I really need to see what you look like in real life fr. You have opinion on every topic.

I won't be surprised if you're an evening newspaper.

ITK woman
Bro please calm down. She probably felt pained about the family and believe bringing that into law would help put all these to stop

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by ImaIma1(f): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2021
She wants to run away. To where? They made their bed, let them lie in it. The people they are going to beg money from most likely have fewer kids.

They should have more children since they are very fertile. What were they thinking they would do with 6 children. Sell them in the market? The "it is God that gives children" gang.

Parents who bring many children to the world to suffer when they know they don't have the means are just wicked.

2 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Oizee(f): 10:25am On Nov 29, 2021
Ulunne777:
The truth is that this situation is everywhere.We all have ppl around us going through same.It becomes harder when the ppl have multiple kids while you the helper have 2 max.like you are stupid.

My cousin is one of them, after six kids I thought they were finally done, until recently when she had miscarriage, I told her to go for family planning but she said her husband will refuse, I just told her to carry on, that if anyone of us need househelps, we would be coming for them and, she started crying.

4 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by VTJN(m): 11:11am On Nov 29, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
I hate when poverty is recycled but condemnations won't help especially in a situation that innocent kids are the ones feeling the direct heat.

Villa12, I'll appreciate if you can get some information from them. Don't raise their hopes too high by asking directly, just take style do am.

1. A skill and/or small business the man can do. I'm thinking of motorcycle riding, keke driving, taxi driving etc.

2. A small business the wife can start and the cost of starting it. The one she has some level of experience will be ideal.

3. Cost of two years rent in nearby low income housing, even face me I face you kind of home won't be a bad idea for now as long as it will be conducive for the kids.

4. Schooling cost for the kids at nearby schools, at least a year cost.

Lastly, there will be need for direct contact with them but that can wait for now until people know exactly how and where to come into their situation.

Please update the thread with your findings when you're done. I believe there may be people willing to help out even in littlest ways.

Thank you.
God bless you richly for this sir

We can't continue condemning them. The deed is done already. Those children should be considered to avoid future harm.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can This Family Do? by oazeez1991(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
frozen70:
@ Op just leave this family, they already know that they are nuisance to the society

You can't solve their problems neither can any society do it

See, Op can't leave dem alone cos d issue isn't just about dem, but d society at large. D people dat were nd still tormenting nd terrorising d society, causing mayhem are as a result of settings like dis. Such is d genesis of crises like kidnapping, banditry, arm robbery, yahoo yahoo nd oda social vices we r battling in d country.
I grew up in Ajegunle, nd I can tell u dat, situation like dis aren't far fetch ova dia, nd dose kids birth like yesterday r d one disturbing d peace nd harmony of 2day. If Op nd evri1 chuz 2 turn blind eye 2 dem, we shudn't be surprise if kids like dem grow up 2 polute d society which wud now bounce back 2 evri1 as we already experiencin, den d vicious cycle continue.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Can This Family Do? by izzygoing(f): 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Nawao
Re: What Can This Family Do? by JovialJune(f): 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Oizee:
My cousin is one of them, after six kids I thought they were finally done, until recently when she had miscarriage, I told her to go for family planning but she said her husband will refuse, I just told her to carry on, that if anyone of us need househelps, we would be coming for them and, she started crying.

I have an aunt like that, she is educated....bsc for that matter....but foolish when it comes to giving birth anyhow, she and her husband are not well to do at all, and they have 8 kids and counting, she said she loves kids and will keep birthing more until God stops it on her behalf, the last time I saw she and her husband I couldn't recognise them, they were a shadow of themselves, everyone has talked and talked she wouldn't listen, the only reason I and my siblings really care for her is cos she took care of us when we were little, so I and my elder sis took two of her kids to live with us since we are married and then send what we can, now she's pregnant again and looking for who to take two more of her kids, you can imagine the foolishness

I kinda agree with Kobojunkie to some extent, illiteracy has a huge blame yeah, but ignorance, stupidity, and foolishness should take majority of the blame, cos like my aunt, she and others are aware of family planning but refuse to take it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can This Family Do? by MufasaLion: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Stop popping out kids like rodents!!! Y'all don't wanna listen. I don't pity anyone with many kids and still suffering.
Re: What Can This Family Do? by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
oazeez1991:

See, Op can't leave dem alone cos d issue isn't just about dem, but d society at large. D people dat were nd still tormenting nd terrorising d society, causing mayhem are as a result of settings like dis. Such is d genesis of crises like kidnapping, banditry, arm robbery, yahoo yahoo nd oda social vices we r battling in d country.
I grew up in Ajegunle, nd I can tell u dat, situation like dis aren't far fetch ova dia, nd dose kids birth like yesterday r d one disturbing d peace nd harmony of 2day. If Op nd evri1 chuz 2 turn blind eye 2 dem, we shudn't be surprise if kids like dem grow up 2 polute d society which wud now bounce back 2 evri1 as we already experiencin, den d vicious cycle continue.
Exactly at bolded. These children will turn out becoming miscreants, touts, cultists, hooligans, criminals, armed rubbers, street urchins, pick pocket and many more. If you chose to avoid them when you have the means to help. Not even for the sake of the parents, but the children. These children are innocent you know. Those two grown adult brought them to this world to suffer. If you chose to leave them to their predicament. They'd grow up and torment the society which anyone of us, our children, friends or family members could be a victim. Society would get worse if we all have this attitude of I don't care within us

What OP did by bringing this family's case to the public. There's no amount of support this family would get that can ever quantify what Op did. Imagine out of the meagre income he get, he still help the family from it. This is what we call love. Please tell me, how many Nigerian youths today can ever do that? Op would be a great philanthropist if God blesses him

I pray God bless you Villla12 with a good job. I really commend you for this

3 Likes

Re: What Can This Family Do? by VTJN(m): 8:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
JovialJune:

I have an aunt like that, she is educated....bsc for that matter....but foolish when it comes to giving birth anyhow, she and her husband are not well to do at all, and they have 8 kids and counting, she said she loves kids and will keep birthing more until God stops it on her behalf, the last time I saw she and her husband I couldn't recognise them, they were a shadow of themselves, everyone has talked and talked she wouldn't listen, the only reason I and my siblings really care for her is cos she took care of us when we were little, so I and my elder sis took two of her kids to live with us since we are married and then send what we can, now she's pregnant again and looking for who to take two more of her kids, you can imagine the foolishness

I kinda agree with Kobojunkie to some extent, illiteracy has a huge blame yeah, but ignorance, stupidity, and foolishness should take majority of the blame, cos like my aunt, she and others are aware of family planning but refuse to take it.
omo that your aunt deserves to be whipped severely wink.. Even with her education, she still had kids like fish wink smiley

She's even pregnant again grin grin.. Better forcefully take her for family planning before she birth 2 dozens smiley
Re: What Can This Family Do? by VTJN(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
Teleprompter:

The woman had done family planning. I don't think they would have any issue concerning having more kids.
Re: What Can This Family Do? by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
VTJN:
The woman had done family planning. I don't think they would have any issue concerning having more kids.
Really, you think say the man no fit go have more with other women?. undecided

Both of them don exceed their limit and need to be clamped for good. undecided
Re: What Can This Family Do? by JovialJune(f): 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2021
VTJN:
omo that your aunt deserves to be whipped severely wink.. Even with her education, she still had kids like fish wink smiley

She's even pregnant again grin grin.. Better forcefully take her for family planning before she birth 2 dozens smiley

Unfortunately I live in Lagos while she's at Minna, and non of our family members live there, all we can do is pray that God ties her womb permanently as soon as possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can This Family Do? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2021
How can someone take in and have six foolish children in zoogeria. They deserve every inch of suffering they get. Scallywags.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can This Family Do? by Karleb(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Oga! Focus on your problems and leave them alone.

They man and his wife enjoyed the multiple sex and orgasms that led to the six children.

They are the author of their own poverty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where O Where Is My Boaz? Please Come Home. / How Will You React When Your Wife Call You Oponu(idiot / Does Mixed Religion Marriage Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.