Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,353 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Fact About Pa Idu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fact About Pa Idu (8154 Views)

Pa Idu, Benin, Igbo And Onitsha, A Video Presentation By Imaseun Izoduwa / Fact About Oduduwa The Ancestor Of Yoruba.history. / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
UGBE634:
The Benin language is deep, it is not what anyone can define, that's why I normally use pidgin for my translation,and many a times I will still feel I have not pushed my point home enough. There has been scenarios where I will understand somethings in my mind, if I cannot really bring it to bare in english or pidgin, I will just leave it so I will not alter the meaning

Did you notice how some of the family greetings in that YouTube videos you shared sound. When you listen to them being read out, you can hear sounds similar to modern Igbo and modern yoruba words. It seems old Benin goes back to the root of most modern southern Nigeria languages. Most of these family greetings can't be properly pronounced by some present day Benin people and most will struggle with some of the meanings and how they were developed. It's probably only unique to Benin in Nigeria. Some of the titles adopted by past Obas of Benin also have uncommon meanings in modern day Benin/Edo language.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
samuk:

Did you notice how some of the family greetings in that YouTube videos you shared sounds. When you listen to them being read out, you can hear sounds similar to modern Igbo and modern yoruba words. It seems old Benin goes back to the root of most modern southern languages. Most of these family greetings can't be properly pronounced by some present day Benin people and most will struggle with some of the meanings and how they were developed. It's probably only unique to Benin in Nigeria, if not rest of the world.
The man pronouncing it is old, there are some pronunciations,if you watch the video, there Is "go slow" in his speech, and he gets surprised about how those family names sounds. That man can not be less than 70
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2022
UGBE634:
The man pronouncing it is old, there are some pronunciations,if you watch the video, there Is "go slow" in his speech, and he gets surprised about how those family names sounds. That man can not be less than 70

Now imagine asking some of the younger Benin people to read that list, it will probably sound foreign to them.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
samuk:

Now imagine asking some of the younger Benin people to read that list, it will probably sound foreign to them.
certainly that's why the person sponsoring it used an Old man.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
UGBE634:
certainly that's why the person sponsoring it used an Old man.

There are numerous Edo words in modern Igbo language but most Igbo are only familiar with the four market days.

Some examples:

Ise- amen in benin

Ise- amen in ibo

Okhorkhor = fowl in Benin

Okuko - fowl in Igbo

Okuta = rock in benin

Okute = rock rick in igbo

Oma---good in Ibo

Oma---good in Bini

Ndo---sorry in Igbo

do---sorry in Bini

Ogbe--quarters in Ibo

Ogbe--quarters in Bini

Ugbo - farm Bini

Ugbo - farm ibo

nkịta - dog in Igbo

Ekita - dog in Benin

And many more.

You did something similar with Urhobo and Edo language in a different thread. You can see how old Edo language are embedded into most southern Nigeria languages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
Samuk and UGBE634
Giving it to them wotoporiously. grin cheesy

Very happy to see another generation doing what I have been doing here since around the year 2010/2011. Before that I was an onlooker just reading posts. They got bolder with their falsehood especially our SW people and I had to become active.

Thank God I spent time listening to old people back then and I was exposed to history being debated and written growing up.
Yet, I barely know anything about Benin history, never mind outsiders with far less history of their own.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:
Samuk and UGBE634
Giving it to them wotoporiously. grin cheesy

Very happy to see another generation doing what I have been doing here since around the year 2010/2011. Before that I was an onlooker just reading posts. They got bolder with their falsehood especially our SW people and I had to become active.

Thank God I spent time listening to old people back then and I was exposed to history being debated and written growing up.
Yet, I barely know anything about Benin history, never mind outsiders with far less history of their own.

Thanks for sustaining the battle and for your contributions, hopefully another generation will be inspired to take Edo history more seriously. Whilst history is not being taught in Nigeria schools, the United Kingdom have incorporated aspects of Benin history into their secondary school history studies. I believe Benin history is the only Africa history being taught in some secondary schools in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 10:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
samuk:

Thanks for sustaining the battle and for your contributions, hopefully another generation will be inspired to take Edo history more seriously. Whilst history is not being taught in Nigeria schools, the United Kingdom have incorporated aspects of Benin history into their secondary school history studies. I believe Benin history is the only Africa history being taught in some secondary schools in the UK.
My brother, it's a collective duty we owe our land, ancestors and people. My ancestors and kinsmen went to war for the land routinely, some proudly celebrated across the kingdom till today with statues and all. So, my part today is just a token compared to what my duty would have been if I lived before 1897.

Oh, Britain has done rather well in that aspect. All they need to do now is return our artifacts with a massive compensation to boot. Aside ancient Egyptian history, Benin is the only still existing African (Egypt of today is 95% Arabs that invaded Old Egypt after demise of Roman Empire, dynasty long gone) people's history covered so well in British primary school history already. It gives British-Edo kids quite a sense of pride when teachers ask them to relate Edo culture, their family tree, morning salutations, etc. grin cheesy

The British saw it live from 1553 and were compelled to call the Imperial Capital a City. Our history is too well rooted and documented in European accounts, drawings and even our refusal to sell slaves. Only ignorant people using modern population politics yarn dust.

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 11:11pm On Nov 26, 2022
AreaFada2:

My brother, it's a collective duty we owe our land, ancestors and people. My ancestors and kinsmen went to war for the land routinely, some proudly celebrated across the kingdom till today with statues and all. So, my part today is just a token compared to what my duty would have been if I lived before 1897.

Oh, Britain has don rather well in that aspect. All they need to do now is return our artifacts with a massive compensation to boot. Aside ancient Egyptian history, Benin is the only still existing African (Egypt of today is 95% Arabs that invaded Old Egypt after demise of Roman Empire, dynasty long gone) people's history covered so well in British primary school history already. It gives British-Edo kids quite a sense of pride when teachers ask them to relate Edo culture, their family tree, morning salutations, etc. grin cheesy

The British saw it live from 1553 and were compelled to call the Imperial Capital a City. Our history is too well rooted and documented in European accounts, drawings and even our refusal to sell slaves. Only ignorant people using modern population politics yarn dust.

You are very correct, outside Nigeria, the Europeans can back up Benin history as authentic because of the written accounts of early European visitors to Benin. I believe some of the Benin artefacts will be returned and other remain to continue to serve as our ambassador to the world and a reminder of our glorious history, I believe both the Edo state government and the palace want some to remain, the governor have suggested that replica of those that will be returned will be made and sent back to various museums.

Over 5000 of Benin artefacts across the world are now online, it's called digital Benin.

https://educationblog.oup.com/secondary/diversifying-history-at-ks3

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by RedboneSmith(m): 8:40am On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
Do you also know the word Oduma means Lion in Benin. cc samuk.

Yes, I know. I will not be surprised if Yorùba also has a similar 'du' word for Lion as well. Because all these are sister-languages.

If you look at linguistics, you would know about something called YEAI languages. These are Yoruboid (of which Igala is a branch), Edoid, Akokoid and Igboid. Linguists tell us that these languages all descend from a common language in the distant past called Proto-YEAI. Thus, there are cognates found throughout the languages.

Now having cognates doesn't mean that there are no words that were still borrowed across these sister languages in later times.

For example, Igbo borrowed the word ugegbe for mirror from Edo. The etymologically Igbo word for mirror is enyo. Ugegbe was borrowed. Igbo also borrowed several titles from the Edo.

There were also linguistic items that were borrowed from Igbo to Edo, even though people never seem to want to talk about that, and get agitated when it is brought up, and think you're attempting to attack or belittle their culture/civilization.

Etymological analysis of the Edo word for skirt, (ubuluku) for instance, suggests the word has Igbo roots. If you ask an Edo person to break the word ubuluku apart and explain it, he wouldn't be able to. But an Igbo person can. To a linguist this would suggest the direction of diffusion of the word

Which brings us to Idu. I am still to meet an Edo person who can etymologically explain it, the way it is explainable in Igbo. All I have been told by you all is that it has a very long antiquity among the Edo. A lexical item might exist in a language community for 20,000 years and still have its roots outside that language community. Antiquity is not really a counter-argument against foreign provenance.

One question to keep in mind is: Why your other neighbours don't use that word for you. Why is it only recollected by your Igbo-speaking neighbours.

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2022
RedboneSmith:

Yes, I know. I will not be surprised if Yorùba also has a similar 'du' word for Lion as well. Because all these are sister-languages.

If you look at linguistics, you would know about something called YEAI languages. These are Yoruboid (of which Igala is a branch), Edoid, Akokoid and Igboid. Linguists tell us that these languages all descend from a common language in the distant past called Proto-YEAI. Thus, there are cognates found throughout the languages.

Now having cognates doesn't mean that there are no words that were still borrowed across these sister languages in later times.

For example, Igbo borrowed the word ugegbe for mirror from Edo. The etymologically Igbo word for mirror is enyo. Ugegbe was borrowed. Igbo also borrowed several titles from the Edo.

There were also linguistic items that were borrowed from Igbo to Edo, even though people never seem to want to talk about that, and get agitated when it is brought up, and think you're attempting to attack or belittle their culture/civilization.

Etymological analysis of the Edo word for skirt, (ubuluku) for instance, suggests the word has Igbo roots. If you ask an Edo person to break the word ubuluku apart and explain it, he wouldn't be able to. But an Igbo person can. To a linguist this would suggest the direction of diffusion of the word

Which brings us to Idu. I am still to meet an Edo person who can etymologically explain it, the way it is explainable in Igbo. All I have been told by you all is that it has a very long antiquity among the Edo. A lexical item might exist in a language community for 20,000 years and still have its roots outside that language community. Antiquity is not really a counter-argument against foreign provenance.

One question to keep in mind is: Why your other neighbours don't use that word for you. Why is it only recollected by your Igbo-speaking neighbours.
the yoruba name for Lion is kuniun, it is not even close to .I see it as every group has a name for Edo as at the time they related with her. Urhobo-Aka
Igbo-Idu
Esan-Edo

Same way we cannot interprete Edo sufficiently but it was the name of a Bini servant at the time
and so on, why don't the Igbos used the naming pattern of the Urhobo for us. a peculiar name for Edo is not restricted to Igbo. and as have explained before, it has to do with the dominant activities or name of the person that was on ground, there were different epoch in Bini history. Igbo is ancient, Edo Is ancient, it certainly is for the fact that they know the Bini or Edo "founder" or ancestor by name that's why they call us his children

take for example, the name Esan call Bini today which is Edo was given to Benin just some years before Esan migrated enmasse out of Benin by the person under whose reign they migrated

I have been called Ndi-Idu by Igbos when I was in Sabon-gari when I was in Egbe and we know what that means child of Idu or Offspring of Idu as they interpreted for me. This is my take on this matter.

Idu as a word is not what we don't know, Idu as a word is not close to Idun at all or people, it would not make any sense given the fact now that it was the name of a person in Benin, and the fact that there are lineages tied to him which is undeniable evidence that he lived. Idu as a word would mean something mysterious
IDU-AGBON- It means the deep mysteries of the world
ODU-AGBON-it means the deep mysteries of the world
You cannot wish the undeniable evidences that abound in Benin, if you were not watering down the civilization, you would have considered these evidences and shift your ground a bit. I don't think the Binis would name any shrine, there are lineages after him,and you would now start looking at the fact that the Binis have a shrine, two mighty lineages because the Igbos called us Idunoba
It is rather the other way round. They saw that Idu was our principal man at the time, and his lineages are evidences that he lived, then he evolved into a shrine as with great individuals. The relationship between Edo and Igbo is very ancient, it predated the Oba's dynasty, he came in 1200.

The fact that Idu as a word means a group of people and Igbos started calling us a group of people does not really tally. There were several kingdoms and towns around, Idu as a word would not have been specific to anybody if that was the meaning.

They called us who we are. Cc samuk, Areafada2

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 9:47am On Nov 27, 2022
[quote author=RedboneSmith
[/quote]
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by Ogamysamo: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2022
samuk
UGBE634
RedboneSmith
thou am enjoying the points coming because am learning some facts and histories that am not close to learning.

but my 2cent is this: to understand each other we must try to see things from other end

from all being said thus far i know you all are both right and wrong including me. wrong because we fail to see any sense in what another is saying.

as for me i don't know anything about this history but i pick interest in it because it is related to my field,

lets use linguistics for instance which is and still remains a base point of one of my great contributors to this great antiquitic reality of our root kingdoms. in linguistics we sure have what we called etymology which is the origin of words, this has to do with borrowing. every language had grown with the aid of borrowing not just from more ancient ones but even from ones that may even have their root in them. the donor language is not necessarily the most ancient

let me finish please
TBC...
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by macof(m): 11:07am On Nov 27, 2022
samuk:

There are numerous Edo words in modern Igbo language but most Igbo are only familiar with the four market days.

Some examples:

Ise- amen in benin

Ise- amen in ibo

Okuko - fowl in Igbo

Okuta = rock in benin

Oma---good in Ibo

Oma---good in Bini

Ndo---sorry in Igbo

do---sorry in Bini

Ogbe--quarters in Ibo

Ogbe--quarters in Bini

Ugbo - farm Bini

Ugbo - farm ibo

nkịta - dog in Igbo

Ekita - dog in Benin

And many more.

You did something similar with Urhobo and Edo language in a different thread. You can see how old Edo language are embedded into most southern Nigeria languages.

Every word here (except Ndo) has been established by historical linguists to be relics from Proto-YEAI
Nobody borrowed anybody any of these
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2022
macof:

Every word here (except Ndo) has been established by historical linguists to be relics from Proto-YEAI
Nobody borrowed anybody any of these
do you guys have Ogbe and Oma
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by Ogamysamo: 11:33am On Nov 27, 2022
samuk
UGBE634
RedboneSmith

language do change with time, some words change meaning(e.g in old eng knight means young man but in mod eng it is a title of honour), some change pronunciation(what we know as name[neim] was once nama) and some cease to exist(some eng words exist only in the dic because they were documented, had they not been documented nobody will know what they meant, yet they were eng words).
different words also mean different things in different languages, for instance the word gift refers to a present in english while it means poison in german.
let us even check our indigeneous languages: the word idu means
bush or community in igbo(some part)
lion in igala
heart in afo
one single word, different thing to different people.

for example if the word lion in igala acquires a new name and idu is long forgotten does not mean anywhere idu(as person name) will be mentioned in igala in the future is a prove that they are either refering to the heart(by afo) or the bush/community(by some igbo)

Tbc...
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by Ogamysamo: 11:55am On Nov 27, 2022
samuk
UGBE634
RedboneSmith

nonetheless, we also have etymology which deals with origin of words, how they were borrowed and domesticated to align with the grammatical standard/nature of the language that borrowed it.(e.g the english word dragon is called duragonu in japan because of the japanese' restricted syllabic structure that don't welcome cc(consonant consonant). no language is almighty-no language never borrowed, but every borrowed words have their etymology(origin).

i neither mean to credit anyone nor mean to discreate anyone but two shed more light have i donated my 2cent. i also stand to be corrected but before you fight bare it at the back of your mind that i am someone who neither know anything about the igbo language nor have any knowledge of the history of the benis.

thank you all.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by macof(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
do you guys have Ogbe and Oma
not only do we have but it can even be broken down. Yoruba has even done a better job at retaining the use and meanings of the etymons of these common words.

Ùgbé from Gbé - to live /reside
Mímọ́/Mímá - holy, goodness. from mọ́ - to be clean, without blemish
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
macof:
not only do we have but it can even be broken down. Yoruba has even done a better job at retaining the use and meanings of the etymons of these common words.

I don't think I agree with both but it's fine

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by RedboneSmith(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
samuk:

Some examples:

Ise- amen in benin

Ise- amen in ibo

Okuko - fowl in Igbo

Okuta = rock in benin

Oma---good in Ibo

Oma---good in Bini

Ndo---sorry in Igbo

do---sorry in Bini

Ogbe--quarters in Ibo

Ogbe--quarters in Bini

Ugbo - farm Bini

Ugbo - farm ibo

nkịta - dog in Igbo

Ekita - dog in Benin

And many more.

I am just seeing this. The only word here that can be argued to have diffused into Igbo from Edo is Ise.

Every other word here is attested in YEAI and even Niger-Congo proto languages. *kuko words from cock are even found as far away as Zulu in Southern Africa.

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by RedboneSmith(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
macof:

They will not accept these as evidence for cognacy because they don't understand how linguistics work. grin

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
the yoruba name for Lion is kuniun, it is not even close to .I see it as every group has a name for Edo as at the time they related with her. Urhobo-Aka
Igbo-Idu
Esan-Edo

Same way we cannot interprete Edo sufficiently but it was the name of a Bini servant at the time
and so on, why don't the Igbos used the naming pattern of the Urhobo for us. a peculiar name for Edo is not restricted to Igbo. and as have explained before, it has to do with the dominant activities or name of the person that was on ground, there were different epoch in Bini history. Igbo is ancient, Edo Is ancient, it certainly is for the fact that they know the Bini or Edo "founder" or ancestor by name that's why they call us his children

take for example, the name Esan call Bini today which is Edo was given to Benin just some years before Esan migrated enmasse out of Benin by the person under whose reign they migrated

I have been called Ndi-Idu by Igbos when I was in Sabon-gari when I was in Egbe and we know what that means child of Idu or Offspring of Idu as they interpreted for me. This is my take on this matter.

Idu as a word is not what we don't know, Idu as a word is not close to Idun at all or people, it would not make any sense given the fact now that it was the name of a person in Benin, and the fact that there are lineages tied to him which is undeniable evidence that he lived. Idu as a word would mean something mysterious
IDU-AGBON- It means the deep mysteries of the world
ODU-AGBON-it means the deep mysteries of the world
You cannot wish the undeniable evidences that abound in Benin, if you were not watering down the civilization, you would have considered these evidences and shift your ground a bit. I don't think the Binis would name any shrine, there are lineages after him,and you would now start looking at the fact that the Binis have a shrine, two mighty lineages because the Igbos called us Idunoba
It is rather the other way round. They saw that Idu was our principal man at the time, and his lineages are evidences that he lived, then he evolved into a shrine as with great individuals. The relationship between Edo and Igbo is very ancient, it predated the Oba's dynasty, he came in 1200.

The fact that Idu as a word means a group of people and Igbos started calling us a group of people does not really tally. There were several kingdoms and towns around, Idu as a word would not have been specific to anybody if that was the meaning.

They called us who we are. Cc samuk, Areafada2

Wotoporiously once again. Nice one.

East and West are desperately trying to water down our history and claim influencing our achievement. If you nor let them do attachee, dem go dey huff and puff.

When pikin hand nor get a share of something, he go say "wetin I dey use that yeye thing dey do before?". grin cheesy

People should know that any attempt to water down our very clear and well-documented history out of envy and tribal bigotry will only be met with a robust assertion of the facts and a dose of well-deserved ridicule.

People can rewrite their history as they want: Their progenitor descending from heaven with a parachute, flying, swimming or teleporting from Nubia, Egypt, India, Israel, Papua New Guinea, Afghanistan, fleeing from Nebuchadnezzar, or suddenly coming out of Loch Ness. It is all allowed but they should leave Benin out of their porously and amateurly cobbled together history.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by macof(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
RedboneSmith:

They will not accept these as evidence for cognacy because they don't understand how linguistics work. grin

Well they can cry on the Internet all they like, serious work has been done and is still being done by scholars
They can't change it grin

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
macof:

Well they can cry on the Internet all they like, serious work has been done and is still being done by scholars
They can't change it grin
A very poor explanation that took you time to bring out, na you be the scholar, you be Ozour abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by macof(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
A very poor explanation that took you time to bring out, na you be the scholar, you be Ozour abeg

Lmao. The crying has started

1 Like

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

Wotoporiously once again. Nice one.

East and West are desperately trying to water down our history and claim influencing our achievement. If you nor let them do attachee, dem go dey huff and puff.

When pikin hand nor get a share of something, he go say "wetin I dey use that yeye thing dey do before?". grin cheesy

People should know that any attempt to water down our very clear and well-documented history out of envy and tribal bigotry will only be met with a robust assertion of the facts and a dose of well-deserved ridicule.

People can rewrite their history as they want: Their progenitor descending from heaven with a parachute, flying, swimming or teleporting from Nubia, Egypt, India, Israel, Papua New Guinea, Afghanistan, fleeing from Nebuchadnezzar, or suddenly coming out of Loch Ness. It is all allowed but they should leave Benin out of their porously and amateurly cobbled together history.
you are obsessed with Yorubas, I promise you no sane pure Yoruba man or woman wants to identify with y'all or care about your Benin. Many of us can't wait to seperate from your kind.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
you are obsessed with Yorubas, I promise you no sane pure Yoruba man or woman wants to identify with y'all or care about your Benin. Many of us can't wait to seperate from your kind.

Whether sane Yoruba, slave Yoruba, alloy Yoruba, impure Yoruba, mixture Yoruba or whatever Yoruba, you guys should just stop dragging Benin into your history. It was your Alake of Egbaland ranking Oba of Benin among Yoruba Kings last time. Please go and handle it with him if he is pure Yoruba or not, I don't care. It you promise no sane Yoruba claims or associate with Benin, then your region must be full of Aro and Yaba Left. Because your people are doing it daily, even here on NL.

Remember that Benin led referendum in 1963 to breakaway from colonial contraption called Western Region. Know your history first. Benin distanced itself from you guys. We have not only waited to separate but have actually done what has been legally possible to separate.

By the way, we know which parts of Yoruba historically belonged to Benin Empire. The history, culture and norms confirm it. Not the other way round. Go and ask Oba of Lagos, Obanikoro, Eletu odibo, people of Upele and swathes of Eastern Yorubaland and many more their history directly. Go to the palaces directly to ask.

Just stop your obsession with claiming Benin is part of Yoruba. Please begin with telling Alake. Once you guys stop being arrogant, believing that nobody else went to school, forming being over-sophisticated, only then there will be peace.

Thank you.

Samuk, EGBE634

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

Whether slave Yoruba, alloy Yoruba, impure Yoruba, mixture Yoruba or whatever Yoruba, you guys should just stop dragging Benin into your history. It was your Alake of Egbaland ranking Oba of Benin among Yoruba Kings last time. Please go and handle it with him if he is pure Yoruba or not, I don't care. It you promise no sane Yoruba claims or associate with Benin, then your region must be full of Aro and Yaba Left. Because your people are doing it daily, even here on NL.

Remember that Benin led referendum in 1963 to breakaway from colonial contraption called Western Region. Know your history first. Benin distanced itself from you guys. We have not only waited to separate but have actually done what has been legally possible to separate.

By the way, we know which part of Yoruba historically belonged to Benin Empire. The history, culture and norms confirm it. Not the other way round. Go and ask Oba of Lagos, Obanikoro, Eletu odibo, people of Upele and swathes of Eastern Yorubaland and many more their history directly. Go to the palaces directly to ask.

Just stop your obsession with claiming Benin is part of Yoruba. Please begin with Alake.

Thank you.
I said no sane Yoruba gives a Bleep about your kind. We don't claim or have anything to do with y'all and we can't to seperate from your kind when Nigeria disintegrates.
No part of Yorubaland belongs to a minority tribe that can't even claim more than 7LGA. I'm from Ondo state and I don't have anything to do with your kind. There was nothing like Benin empire, you're just a deluded bini miscreant, Oba of Lagos is of Yoruba descent maternally, no place in eastern Yorubaland was part of your imaginary empire, it was a Benin kingdom. If you think your oba has a claim somewhere in Yorubaland let him bring his wrapper wearing self to Yorubaland. No matter how you cope, it won't change the fact that he is of Yoruba descent, you people are doing everything possible to get noticed because you're a irrelevant minority. Your population no even reach ekiti people alone.
You claim that Yorubas wants y'all and you still want to gumbody to some of us. Focuss on your women wasting away in Italy and your sons getting wasted away by the cultists in your state. Why do you think a ethnic group like Yoruba will care about your kind? You're so deluded and pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

Whether sane Yoruba, slave Yoruba, alloy Yoruba, impure Yoruba, mixture Yoruba or whatever Yoruba, you guys should just stop dragging Benin into your history. It was your Alake of Egbaland ranking Oba of Benin among Yoruba Kings last time. Please go and handle it with him if he is pure Yoruba or not, I don't care. It you promise no sane Yoruba claims or associate with Benin, then your region must be full of Aro and Yaba Left. Because your people are doing it daily, even here on NL.

By the way, we know which parts of Yoruba historically belonged to Benin Empire. The history, culture and norms confirm it. Not the other way round. Go and ask Oba of Lagos, Obanikoro, Eletu odibo, people of Upele and swathes of Eastern Yorubaland and many more their history directly. Go to the palaces directly to ask.

Just stop your obsession with claiming Benin is part of Yoruba. Please begin with telling Alake. Once you guys stop being arrogant, believing that nobody else went to school, forming being over-sophisticated, only then there will be peace.

Thank you.

Samuk, EGBE634
You quoted me with Egbe, how do you expect me to see it, don't roll with the pig. He is obviously pained
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
I said no sane Yoruba gives a Bleep about your kind. We don't claim or have anything to do with y'all and we can't to seperate from your kind when Nigeria disintegrates.
No part of Yorubaland belongs to a minority tribe that can't even claim more than 7LGA. I'm from Ondo state and I don't have anything to do with your kind.
You claim that Yorubas wants y'all and you still want to gumbody to some of us. Focuss on your women wasting away in Italy and your sons getting wasted away by the cultists in your state. Why do you think a ethnic group like Yoruba will care about your kind? You're so deluded and pathetic.
And you are not schooled enough to know local government is not a yardstick for population strength. And you only need 50,000 as population strength to create a local government in Nigeria, Urhonigbe, Abudu and Oza are each beyond 50,000 and they are in one local government let alone the several towns and villages in Orhiowmon alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
And you are not schooled enough to know local government is not a yardstick for population strength.
you don't even have population up to Uhrobos in your Niger Delta region. You people know this and that's why you're desperate to gumbody with everyone, you want the esans, afemais and even Uhrobos to identify as Edo and you are desperate to create a imaginary Benin empire in your head. Where can your Oba come to in eastern Yorubaland and claim as part of his kingdom. I don't hate Benin people, I just don't understand the obsession you have with Yorubas, 99.9% of Yorubas frankly don't give a Bleep about Edo people trust me. And when your people wanted the Midwest region we allowed you to go unlike other premiers. All we seek and pray for is peaceful disintegration of One Nigeria where my people don't have to be in the same country with your kind.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Road To Nairaland's First Ever Cultural Debate / Hausa Indigenous Hawan Sallah(durbar) / Where Are My Hausa Speaking Nairalanders? Please Come In Let's Have A Talk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.