Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Fact About Pa Idu - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fact About Pa Idu (8178 Views)

Pa Idu, Benin, Igbo And Onitsha, A Video Presentation By Imaseun Izoduwa / Fact About Oduduwa The Ancestor Of Yoruba.history. / "Village People" Fact Or Myth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
I said no sane Yoruba gives a Bleep about your kind. We don't claim or have anything to do with y'all and we can't to seperate from your kind when Nigeria disintegrates.
No part of Yorubaland belongs to a minority tribe that can't even claim more than 7LGA. I'm from Ondo state and I don't have anything to do with your kind.
You claim that Yorubas wants y'all and you still want to gumbody to some of us. Focuss on your women wasting away in Italy and tour

At least a woman taking hard currency abroad is wiser than one that opens leg for Agbero just for amala and Ewedu from Iya Basira Buka. cheesy grin Italy one can benefit well compared to local champion. If you must chop frog, chop a nice fat one.
At least their skulls will not be mined whether in Edo or Italy but your people in SW thank heavens if they wake up on any given morning with their head intact.

We already broke away without waiting for the people we have in SW. No biggie.

So why did you guys support your Hausa masters to stop Biafra then? Midwest was neutral when the war started. Since when did leaving Hausas become a priority for you guys? We already realised in 1897 that allowing the British to colonise and merge us with people that thrive on betrayal was a bad idea, you guys suddenly realise that you want to separate?

You are just seeing what we saw in 1897 already and what even the SE saw 70 years after us in 1967? Upon all the claimed education and sophistication? grin grin cheesy cheesy

Keep doing evostick gum because of oil and gas in the SS. grin cheesy

We fought the British head on and we still have 7 LGAs. Those that didn't have the liver to fight are now Hausa slaves. Even after your people are slaughtered, your god emilokan still asks "where are the cows?" grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I sight you, we have many takpa people in Ondo, they now claim Ife origin too. grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
You quoted me with Egbe, how do you expect me to see it, don't roll with the pig. He is obviously pained
At times, with these people need you to match and surpass them in Agbero tactics. They take our urbane and moderate approach for weakness. cheesy
I have seen all their tactics over the years. When they see that they can't "out-agbero-lize" you, they will conspire to ban you. I have seen all over the years.
It's just fun for me anyway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
you don't even have population up to Uhrobos in your Niger Delta region. You people know this and that's why you're desperate to gumbody with everyone, you want the esans, afemais and even Uhrobos to identify as Edo and you are desperate to create a imaginary Benin empire in your head. Where can your Oba come to in eastern Yorubaland and claim as part of his kingdom. I don't hate Benin people, I just don't understand the obsession you have with Yorubas, 99.9% of Yorubas frankly don't give a Bleep about Edo people trust me. And when your people wanted the Midwest region we allowed you to go unlike other premiers. All we seek and pray for is peaceful disintegration of One Nigeria where my people don't have to be in the same country with your kind.
It is actually the other way round fool, you guys are the ones "guming" us according to your English. Everyday stories that litters this thread about Benin from yorubas.

We don't want them to Be Edo, they are! They have no other Identity and yet we leave them to live their lives as separate groups. We are not forceful people.

Urhobos are only slightly larger than the Binis of today my brother. Bini was already big enough to divide as a state in 1996. Go and ask the Otaru of Auchi who has proposed that the state be divided in 1996. With Binis been given a separate state in 1996

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

At least a woman taking hard currency abroad is wiser than one that opens leg for Agbero just for amala and Ewedu from Iya Basira Buka. cheesy grin Italy one can benefit well compared to local champion. If you must chop frog, chop a nice fat one.
At least their skulls will not be mined whether in Edo or Italy but your people in SW thank heavens if they weak up on any day with their head intact.

We already broke away without waiting for the people we have in SW.

So why did you guys support your Hausa masters to stop Biafra then? Midwest was neutral when the war started. Since when did leaving Hausas become a priority for you guys? We already realised in 1897 that allowing the British to colonise and merge us people that thrive on betrayal was a bad idea, you guys suddenly realise that you want to separate?

You are just seeing what we saw in 1897 already and what even the SE say 70 years after us in 1967? Upon all the claimed education and sophistication? grin grin cheesy cheesy

Keep doing evostick gum because of oil and gas in the SS.

We fought the British head on and we still have 7 LGAs. Those that didn't have the liver to fight are now Hausa slaves. Even after your people are slaughtered, your god emilokan still asks "where are the cows?" grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I sight you, we have many takpa people in Ondo, they now claim Ife origin too. grin cheesy
pls don't let me go that lane with you, I love and respect my Benin people and I only believe in a peaceful seperation where they can have their Bendel or Niger Delta. I lived in Edo for just 3 months and I know they are the cheapest thing to Bleep, it's not even a insult. You can Bleep the average Benin girl for just a plate of Omi ukpoka. They dominate both local and international and you know that yourself.
Not you talking about skullminers when your state is the HQs of witchcraft, ritualism and other barbaric practices that are not even reported in the media. The numbers of skulls and heads being hacked in Edo every week by cultists are more than the number of skulls mined in my region every year.

'You broke away' from our region not from the country, I want my people to seperate from your kind.

Yorubaland was neutral until the east tried to invade us, at the same time some Yorubas fought on biafra side. You were not neutral. Your people protested and supported 'One Nigeria' on the streets of Benin during the war and there were also Benin Soldiers in the Nigerian army.

Also you didn't see anything in 1897,you were bombarded and defeated by the British.

If you had any sense and knowledge of history you'd know about the ijebu-anglo war. And you didn't fight the Brits, they invaded you and defeated you mercilessly, and your Oba ended up fleeing to Calabar. If Yorubas are Hausa slaves, then imagine what a minority tribe with 7LGA like you are lool.

Tapa descent? You think I'm like you a Igala turned edo claiming a imaginary Benin empire? I'm a proud full blooded Ondo and Yoruba man and yes I'm of ife descent I have nothing in common with your kind. You should be ashamed that you want to force yourself on people that don't want you. You will always remain a minority no matter how much you delude yourself.
And why is your own governor campaigning for another fulani man Atiku? Does that make you a slave?

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
pls don't let me go that lane with you, I love and respect my Benin people and I only believe in a peaceful seperation where they can have their Bendel or Niger Delta. I lived in Edo for just 3 months and I know they are the cheapest thing to Bleep, it's not even a insult. You can Bleep the average Benin girl for just a plate of Omi ukpoka. They dominate both local and international and you know that yourself.
Not you talking about skullminers when your state is the HQs of witchcraft, ritualism and other barbaric practices that are not even reported in the media. The numbers of skulls and heads being hacked in Edo every week by cultists are more than the number of skulls mined in my region every year.

'You broke away' from our region not from the country, I want my people to seperate from your kind.

Yorubaland was neutral until the east tried to invade us, at the same time some Yorubas fought on biafra side. You were not neutral. Your people protested and supported 'One Nigeria' on the streets of Benin during the war and there were also Benin Soldiers in the Nigerian army.

Also you didn't see anything in 1897,you were bombarded and defeated by the British.

If you had any sense and knowledge of history you'd know about the ijebu-anglo war. And you didn't fight the Brits, they invaded you and defeated you mercilessly, and your Oba ended up fleeing to Calabar. If Yorubas are Hausa slaves, then imagine what a minority tribe with 7LGA like you are lool.

Tapa descent? You think I'm like you a Igala turned edo claiming a imaginary Benin empire? I'm a proud full blooded Ondo and Yoruba man and yes I'm of ife descent I have nothing in common with your kind. You should be ashamed that you want to force yourself on people that don't want you. You will always remain a minority no matter how much you delude yourself.
I would not respond to the others, I see it that you are pained, but I would respond to this. A 7 local government tribe with one senatorial district which did more Voters registration than a 16 local government state ( Ekiti state) with this you should already know local government is not a yardstick, it is not even close to. If Orhiowmon was in Ondo, it would have been partitioned into three local government, and it is not even Urban

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
It is actually the other way round fool, you guys are the ones "guming" us according to your English. Everyday stories that litters this thread about Benin from yorubas.

We don't want them to Be Edo, they are! They have no other Identity and yet we leave them to live their lives as separate groups. We are not forceful people.

Urhobos are only slightly larger than the Binis of today my brother. Bini was already big enough to divide as a state in 1996. Go and ask the Otaru of Auchi who has proposed that the state be divided in 1996. With Binis been given a separate state in 1996
pls show me the Yorubas claiming Benin people, just send the link here, you claim everyday right?? Pls send me the ones you've seen the last week.

Also where's the proof they are Edo, all the Esans I know claim they are Esans and are not Edo.
How are Binis big enough to have their own state when their population is not up to a million?
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
pls show me the Yorubas claiming Benin people, just send the link here, you claim everyday right?? Pls send me the ones you've seen the last week.

Also where's the proof they are Edo, all the Esans I know claim they are Esans and are not Edo.
How are Binis big enough to have their own state when their population is not up to a million?
oh I see you are a joke, you should not be taken seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
I would not respond to the others, I see it that you are pained, but I would respond to this. A 7 local government tribe with one senatorial district which did more Voters registration than a 16 local government state ( Ekiti state) with this you should already know local government is not a yardstick, it is not even close to. If Orhiowmon was in Ondo, it would have been partitioned into three local government, and it is not even Urban
where's the statistics to know the number of voters registration in your 7LGA and that of ekiti? Are you seriously trying to claim that the population of Binis is more than the Ekiti tribe of the Yoruba nation? Same ekiti people that stretch into Kwara state? Pls show me the proof that population of Binis are more than 1million

And why do you say I'm pained? All I told him is to stop his obsession with Yorubas, I know that moniker well and he's a rabid raging anti-yoruba lunatic. He simply hates Yorubas because he's envious and jealous. I don't hate Binis btw. I respect your history and your people and I hope it can be mutual.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
oh I see you are a joke, you should not be taken seriously
bro you're very different from thag guy that went straight to insults, I want to have a healthy conversation with you bro, pls I genuinely want to know the answers to those questions.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
bro you're very different from thag guy that went straight to insults, I want to have a healthy conversation with you bro, pls I genuinely want to know the answers to those questions.
you can use this link to check the number of voters register in Ekiti in 2019 and check that photo for the number of voters register in Edo south in 2019 which consist of those seven local government you are talking about, There is something I seem to notice about the yorubas especially the ones which seem very naive about Benin. I have seen a yoruba before who asked me if I am from the Oba's family because I told him I am a Bini. They do have this feeling that there is a tribe called Bini separate from Edo and they speak a mixture language of yoruba and Edo and they own the city, I think you are one of them. Yes the Oba's family is not up to a million, I know that is what you are talking about. But it cannot be less than 300,000 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/this-is-state-by-state-breakdown-of-total-registered-voters-across-nigeria/4nr0720.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiU25X_8877AhXJN-wKHVOaAEEQFnoECCYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0I6c5nOCVRweu0wfPU8H9Q

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:

And why is your own governor campaigning for another fulani man Atiku? Does that make you a slave?

Lol. So you don't even know difference between fleeing and exile to Calabar?
I remember that Badagry and Epe were popular exile destinations for deposed Yoruba kings. No, you won't know such history.
As for bleeplogy, we all know na. Everyone sabi SW ladies as champions na. We all know. Haba! Even Igbo guys boast of how they bleep married women in SW here on NL. Even magun popularity in SW has a reason na. grin cheesy grin cheesy
As an Edo person, we forbid bleeping married women. So I have no such to talk about, otherwise I know my experience in Yorubaland (not Eastern Yorubaland) and I know how things went down. So just forget bleep matter. At least they are people's daughters, likely wives by now, some maybe even grandmother by now. So no details.

We wanted to avoid colonisation instead of having to breakaway later. Way ahead of others.

Well, if we didn't want Nigeria to exist, you don't have to be very smart to know that referendum to breakaway from SW was all we could do legally. And we did. When the chance to legally breakaway from 9ja comes, we will too.

Losing war to people with Superior firepower is no disgrace. Even today, Nigerian Army can't win a war against British Army. No change there. At least in 1897, the British had to go re-enforce with guns, more military to return to attack. Or you think Amotekun can defeat British Army in a war today? cheesy cheesy grin grin

Well, with 7LGA, we will develop faster. We did it 600 years ago already as documented by the Europeans. Today, Luxemburg and Monaco have better living standards than India, China, India, Nigeria, Russia and even most European nations. You can have a large Agbero, urchins and dregs country. Goodluck to you. grin grin cheesy

The girls you claim to have bleeped might just have used you to practice and later use it to earn big abroad, you never know. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
you can use this link to check the number of voters register in Ekiti in 2019 and check that photo for the number of voters register in Edo south in 2019 which consist of those seven local government you are talking about, There is something I seem to notice about the yorubas especially the ones which seem very naive about Benin. I have seen a yoruba before who asked me if I am from the Oba's family because I told him I am a Bini. They do have this feeling that there is a tribe called Bini separate from Edo and they speak a mixture language of yoruba and Edo and they own the city, I think you are one of them. Yes the Oba's family is not up to a million, I know that is what you are talking about. But it cannot be less than 300,000 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/this-is-state-by-state-breakdown-of-total-registered-voters-across-nigeria/4nr0720.amp&ved=2ahUKEwiU25X_8877AhXJN-wKHVOaAEEQFnoECCYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0I6c5nOCVRweu0wfPU8H9Q
thanks for replying bro... No I'm not part of those that thinks Binis are part of Yorubas or they are seperate from other Edo tribes. I respect Edos and see Binis, Esans, afemais all as Edos. I've only seen and heard Esan people say they are esan are not Edo. Also I don't think we can use the numbers of voters registration to get the nos of Ekitis and Binis, because they are lot of non-binis living in Edo south. Also ekiti people are spread into Kwara. Is there any way we can get the population of Binis? Like maybe from past population census or something related? I do know that ekiti people are not less that 3million.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
I was like UGBE634 9 to 11 years ago, believing that one can have a decent conversation with your likes. But no chance.

Chinua Achebe wrote that: "Aneke the bird said, ever since humans learnt to shoot without missing, it has also learnt to fly without perching".

The Wotowoto you are getting now is the result of the insults and abuse your SW people sowed here on NL trying to shout down Edo people. Enjoy the rofo rofo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
BanyXchi:
thanks for replying bro... No I'm not part of those that thinks Binis are part of Yorubas or they are seperate from other Edo tribes. I respect Edos and see Binis, Esans, afemais all as Edos. I've only seen and heard Esan people say they are esan are not Edo. Also I don't think we can use the numbers of voters registration to get the nos of Ekitis and Binis, because they are lot of non-binis living in Edo south. Also ekiti people are spread into Kwara. Is there any way we can get the population of Binis? Like maybe from past population census or something related? I do know that ekiti people are not less that 3million.
Binis themselves cannot be less than 4 million in population home and abroad. I don't think we can trust these censuses in Nigeria, a census in 2006 allocated 3.000,000 to the whole of Edo state in 2006 and 4,000,000 each to both Osun and Ondo which are Obviously smaller states cannot be trusted. Then just 13 years down the line, the state did Voters registration number 400,000 and 600,000 above Ondo and Osun state respectively. With even a lot of unregistered voters everywhere. voters registration is by far an authentic pointer to the population of these places, as there is nothing tied to it, there is nothing to gain In it as opposed to a population census which equals more figures,more resources allocated. Banyxchi

The voters registration in Ekiti in 2019 was about 900,000, that of Edo south was 1.3 million, the four hundred thousand more population is more than enough to suffice for the migrant in Benin city. The Edos in diaspora would take out the Ekitis in Kwara state.

And also to suffice for the migrant population in Benin, we have alot of Migrant Bini population outside the country with a population of about 1.2 to 1.5 million. There are about a third of Binis outside the country, you know this already. The Obaseki family alone according to pedro Obaseki, is over a 100,000, regardless of the census conducted in Nigeria, we are aware of our population

This was the Otaru of Auchi canvassing for a separate state for Etsako and Esan people, In his own words, he said Edo south was big enough and Populated enough to stand alone. This was in 1996, Benin was never this urban, There is something the educated Otaru knows about the population of Bini that you an outsider is not in the know about. I am telling you if Edo state had been divided in 1996, 3 million would have still be allocated to Benin state and maybe 2 million to afemesan state which comprise of Esan and Afemai people, it would have been created if not for Anenih.

Before 1991, Bini would have been over 12 or 13 local government,in fact there was a scuffle in Benin- at the time between the Esama of Benin and the Oba of Benin, he had wanted the Obaship position over Benin, Then he asked for some separate local government, in his area, Okada and Environs obviously to reduce the strength of the Oba and make himself King in his environ. The Oba wade in and asked Aikhomu not to do any of such.

There is a pattern In Nigeria skewed towards subdueing the population of the minorities to allow for proper exaggeration of majority population. Read this article and see how Bini state was to be created in 1996! And how it was thwarted by Anenih, the same Bini you feel is not up to a million in 2022.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/otaru-of-auchi-how-we-lost-out-in-the-bid-to-create-afemesan-state/&ved=2ahUKEwjpk5Ot_OL0AhWNxYUKHfaDDmoQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0LaFfDTyS-rnpL90Yyv0Qu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
[q
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

I was like UGBE634 9 to 11 years ago, believing that one can have a decent conversation with your likes. But no chance.

Chinua Achebe wrote that: "Aneke the bird said, ever since humans learnt to shoot without missing, it has also learnt to fly without perching".

The Wotowoto you are getting now is the result of the insults and abuse your SW people sowed here on NL trying to shout down Edo people. Enjoy the rofo rofo.
I am not doing it because of him but posterity who may come across his questions and my answers someday

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 7:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
I am not doing it because of him but posterity who may come across his questions and my answers someday
True. I have been contacted by researchers over the years. Some needed information for their doctoral work and other reasons. I was able to direct and refer them as best as I could. Sensible people know how to sift through things posted here on NL. If only they will come with humility and ready to learn and exchange ideas. But many come with arrogance and the mentality of " Benin that has only 7LGAs, that small Benin, what is their population, how can they talk of empire, na we go school pass, etc"

They forget that Rome was only a village on the banks of River Tiber initially. As of 278BC when Pyrrhus of Epirus (a Greek General/King) faced Roman soldiers in the Battle of Tarentum (Magna Grecia/Greeks living in Italian Peninsula), the Greeks still called Romans barbarians. In fact, from 280BC the various Tarentine Wars had started, with that of Asculum (today's Ascoli in Italy in 279BC and of Heraclea very well-known. Though Pyrrhus won against the Romans, his personnel loss was so much that it became known as "Pyrrhic victory".

By 168 BC, Romans had conquered Greece. Small Rome had began its march to become a massive empire. By September of 52 BC, Julius Caesar had conquered Gaulle (today's France/Switzerland) in the Battle of Alesia. Romans were now calling French, Germans and others barbarians. Anyway already earlier by the time Julius Caesar was born in 100BC, Rome was already quite powerful. Building a massive empire to rival Alexander the Great's massive empire as at his death in 323BC.

I have visited all these places mentioned and museums about these wars. I have also seen Benin Arts in Museums in London, Berlin, Quai Branly Museum in Paris, Amsterdam and other places. Of course arts from other parts of Africa too. Benin arts has no pair in Africa, once you remove ancient Egypt. My quest to understand ancient societies, how empires grew, the driving force and so on began decades ago.

So when I see kids without much experience or proper training jump on to NL and start insulting their dad's or mother's agemates due to ethnic pride, I shake my head.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

True. I have been contacted by researchers over the years. Some needed information for their doctoral work and other reasons. I was able to direct and refer them as best as I could. Sensible people know how to sift through things posted here on NL. If only they will come with humility and ready to learn and exchange ideas. But may come with arrogance and the mentality of " Benin that has only 7LGAs, that small Benin, what is their population, how can they talk of empire, na we go school pass, etc"

They forget that Rome was only a village on the banks of River Tiber initially. As of 278BC when Pyrrhus of Epirus ( a Greek General/King) faced Roman soldiers in the Battle of Tarentum (Magna Grecia/Greeks living in Italian Peninsulas), the Greeks still called Romans Barbarians. Though Pyrrhus won against the Greeks, his personnel loss was so much that it became known as "Pyrrhic victory".

By 168 BC, Romans had conquered Greece. Small Rome had began its march to become a massive empire. By September of 52 BC, it has conquered Gaulle (today's France/Switzerland) in the Battle of Alesia. Romans were now calling French, Germans and others Barbarians. By the time Julius Caesar was born in 100BC, Rome was already quite powerful. Building a massive empire to rival Alexander the Great's massive empire as at his death in 323BC.

I have visited all these places mentioned and museums about these wars. I have also seen Benin Arts in Museums in London, Berlin, Quay Branly Museum in Paris, Amsterdam and other places. Of course arts from other parts of Africa. Benin arts has no pair in Africa, once you remove ancient Egypt. My quest to understand ancient societies, how empires grew, the driving force and so on began decades ago.

So when I see kids without much experience or proper training jump on to NL and start insulting their dad's or mother's agemates due to ethnic pride, I shake my head.
my argument now is that pedro Obaseki said his Obaseki lineage is over a hundred thousand on Either Arise or Channels tv, pedro Obaseki is obviously schooled and not a push aside, then Benin cannot be less than 4 million. He granted this interview two years ago, I have watched it, I don't know how to get it back, I might just go watch all his videos of that era. Supported with the fact that Otaru of Auchi asked for a separate state for Benin in 1996 and was intimidated by the Bini population because he thought that power might never get to his people
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
my argument now is that pedro Obaseki said his Obaseki lineage is over a hundred thousand on Either Arise or Channels tv, pedro Obaseki is obviously schooled and not a push aside, then Benin cannot be less than 4 million. He granted this interview two years ago, I have watched it, I don't know how to get it back, I might just go watch all his videos of that era. Supported with the fact that Otaru of Auchi asked for a separate state for Benin in 1996 and was intimidated by the Bini population because he thought that power might never get to his people
Benin people move a lot, We always moved to form other places. Currently we move outside 9ja more now.
Edo South makes up 67% of Edo population. Of course around 20% of that population will be from Edo North/Central and outside Edo. Every State and senatorial district has non-indigenes, so Edo South is not unique.

In my opinion, Edo South should be around 2.5 to 2.75 million. More than enough for a State. I don't believe Obaseki clan is up to 100k. Ogbeide-Oyo followed Oba Osemwende from Anioma (Nsukwa, I believe) to take the throne in Benin. Looking at history, Oba Osemwende reigned from 1816-1848. His name as a prince was Erediauwa. I know descendants of Osemwende quite well in Benin. Ogbeide was an Omada to Oba Osemwende. It was Oba Adolor who first ennobled Ogbeide as Chief Ineh. His son Agho, grew up with Oba Ovonramwen when he was still a prince since Chief Ineh takes care of princes welfare as part of his roles, not just only head of Igun artisans.

Oba Ovonramen became Oba in 1888 and later purposely created the title Obaseki for his childhood Friend. He was later made a de facto Iyase (Prime Minister/administrator) by the British in interregnum . The British actually pressured Oba Eweka to officially make Agho Obaseki the Prime Minister/Iyase in 1914.

This history is vital to know the capacity of Ogbeide to marry many wives and have many kids/descendants. Yes, Agho had trade monopoly for cash crops sales from late 1890s and some imported goods and his kids became rich too. He even married two princesses. A daughter each of Ovonramwen and Eweka II. Yet within 8 generations (1816-2022) Ogbeide-Oyo's children can't be up to 100k. He came as a kid too. Pedro exaggerated a bit I believe.

For our SW friends, Oba Osemwnde sacked Akure and chopped off Deji Arankale's head in 1818 due to Deji of Akure's insolence and murdering of Oba's emissary Chief Osague. They won't know that history of course.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
AreaFada2:

Benin people move a lot, We always moved to form other places. Currently we move outside 9ja more now.
Edo South makes up 67% of Edo population. Of course around 20% of that population will be from Edo North/Central and outside Edo. Every State and senatorial district has non-indigenes, so Edo South is not unique.

In my opinion, Edo South should be around 2.5 to 2.75 million. More than enough for a State. I don't believe Obaseki clan is up to 100k. Ogbeide-Oyo followed Oba Osemwende from Anioma (Nsukwa, I believe) to take the throne in Benin. Looking at history, Oba Osemwende reigned from 1816-1848. His name as a prince was Erediauwa. I know descendants of Osemwende quite well in Benin. Ogbeide was an Omada to Oba Osemwende. It was Oba Adolor who first ennobled Ogbeide as Chief Ineh. His son Agho, grew up with Oba Ovonramwen when he was still a prince since Chief Ineh takes care of princes welfare as part of his roles, not just only head of Igun artisans.

Oba Ovonramen became Oba in 1888 and later purposely created the title Obaseki for his childhood Friend. He was later made a de facto Iyase (Prime Minister/administrator) by the British in interregnum . The British actually pressured Oba Eweka to officially make Agho Obaseki the Prime Minister/Iyase in 1914.

This history is vital to know the capacity of Ogbeide to marry many wives and have many kids/descendants. Yes, Agho had trade monopoly for cash crops sales from late 1890s and some imported goods and his kids became rich too. He even married two princesses. A daughter each of Ovonramwen and Eweka II. Yet within 8 generations (1816-2022) Ogbeide-Oyo's children can't be up to 100k. He came as a kid too. Pedro exaggerated a bit I believe.

For our SW friends, Oba Osemwnde sacked Akure and chopped off Deji Arankale's head in 1818 due to Deji of Akure's insolence and murdering of Oba's emissary Chief Osague. They won't know that history of course.
There are about 2.5 million registered voters In Edo state. There are still unregistered voters everywhere, unregistered voters in Edo state should still be up to 2.5 million let alone adolescent and children. If they should carry out a proper registration in Edo state, Edo state would do 3.3 to 3.5 million effortlessly

Besides I was talking about 1996 not 2022. Your analysis of the population of Edo south was for 2022 not 1996 which according to your analysis 2.75 million in 2022 would not have been enough to create a state in 1996

Lastly our diasporan population is mighty, I remember an Hausa man telling me that he went to Holland that the only Nigerian he met there was a Bini

Edo south is 57 percent not 67

Also don't underrate those penis o especially the rich ones grin . Osula even in today's world just died and he gave birth to 56 children and over 300 grand children.

I met one of Adun's sons and I asked him how many are they. He answered and said his father said he should no longer disclose it to people. Why I asked, he said they usually laugh when he tells them, as at the last count with Bob izua, I am aware he had twenty-nine wives, if he had added more to it since that time I can't tell.

This man called Bob Izua cannot be with less than 70 children even in today's world. Let alone then, just imagine having the wherewithal to marry two princess, let alone how many commoners he must have gotten married to and how many would have given birth for him. We know Bini is a highly polygamous society, no men in Benin were getting married to one wife until 1995 or 2000 even in that era and in today's world, men with average capacity are still on with the Idea of two wives or more

My father gave birth to sixteen, his father gave birth to 25. Some men in his era gave birth to 70, 60 and more.

For the facts that there is no more political turmoil which enabled migration out of the land, rituals killings has greatly reduced, wars is no more there and survival fight to the throne which led to the death of many supporting both princes is no longer there since 1897, I still hold on to the fact that Bini cannot be less than 4 million today

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by AreaFada2: 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2022
UGBE634:
There are about 2.5 million registered voters In Edo state. There are still unregistered voters everywhere, unregistered voters in Edo state should still be up to 2.5 million let alone adolescent and children. If they should carry out a proper registration in Edo state, Edo state would do 3.3 to 3.5 million effortlessly

Besides I was talking about 1996 not 2022. Your analysis of the population of Edo south was for 2022 not 1996 which according to your analysis 2.75 million in 2022 would not have been enough to create a state in 1996

Lastly our diasporan population is mighty, I remember an Hausa man telling me that he went to Holland that the only Nigerian he met there was a Bini

Edo south is 57 percent not 67

Also don't underrate those penis o especially the rich ones grin . Osula even in today's world just died and he gave birth to 56 children and over 300 grand children.

I met one of Adun's sons and I asked him how many are they. He answered and said his father said he should no longer disclose it to people. Why I asked, he said they usually laugh when he tells them, as at the last count with Bob izua, I am aware he had twenty-nine wives, if he had added more to it since that time I can't tell.

This man called Bob Izua cannot be with less than 70 children even in today's world. Let alone then, just imagine having the wherewithal to marry two princess, let alone how many commoners he must have gotten married to and how many would have given birth for him. We know Bini is a highly polygamous society, no men in Benin were getting married to one wife until 1995 or 2000 even in that era and in today's world, men with average capacity are still on with the Idea of two wives or more

My father gave birth to sixteen, his father gave birth to 25. Some men in his era gave birth to 70, 60 and more.

For the facts that there is no more political turmoil which enabled migration out of the land, rituals killings has greatly reduced, wars is no more there and survival fight to the throne which led to the death of many supporting both princes is no longer there since 1897, I still hold on to the fact that Bini cannot be less than 4 million today

The thing is we have never had an accepted census since 1960.
By the way, there is nothing like "Bini". Edo people should avoid that word. BTC has repeatedly announced that the name for the tribe is Benin, capital is Benin City and the Language is Benin/Edo. We use the Benins to describe the people. You can get clarification from Frank Irabor. Outsiders can use "Bini" if they want, we nor mind them. But we shouldn't be using it.

If you listen to the Iyase speak or interviews of late Dr E Aisien, the surgeon turned historian, you will only hear Benin. Also listen to Izoduwa.

Even if Benin population is 1m or 6m, it's enough to be a stand-alone state.

I have only ever read that Edo South has 67% of the population, never heard of 57%. Like I said, nobody really knows. I wouldn't even trust voters register.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 2:50am On Nov 28, 2022
AreaFada2:

The thing is we have never had an accepted census since 1960.
By the way, there is nothing like "Bini". Edo people should avoid that word. BTC has repeatedly announced that the name for the tribe is Benin, capital is Benin City and the Language is Benin/Edo. We use the Benins to describe the people. You can get clarification from Frank Irabor. Outsiders can use "Bini" if they want, we nor mind them. But we shouldn't be using it.

If you listen to the Iyase speak or interviews of late Dr E Aisien, the surgeon turned historian, you will only hear Benin. Also listen to Izoduwa.

Even if Benin population is 1m or 6m, its enough to be a standalone state.

I have only ever read that Edo South has 67% of the population, never heard of 57%. Like I said, nobody really knows. I wouldn't even trust voters register.
When you have the free time, post your link, yes but voters register seem to point to where the population is geared towards. You see states with more Voters in their register are certainly more populated especially if it is not a negligible number like 50,000 to 100,000. Ekiti state that did nine hundred thousand in 2019 and repeated that same feat in 2022 with just a few thousand even with the timeframe that was given shows it is two times and half smaller than Edo state and at best the population strength of Edo central and north altogether. You can't give what you don't have. The voters register goes to show that she is indeed the smallest state in Nigeria.

How do you expect me to trust a census figure that allocated 3 million to Edo state in 2006, and 4 million was allocated to obviously smaller states such as Ondo and Osun. 13 years down the line, she did voters number above them with 400,000 and 600,000 above both of them in 2019. She repeated that same feat in 2022 with about that same population space except for Osun that just had her state election. it is far more authentic than our actual census and far a testament of people residing in a particular space than the census.

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 4:29am On Nov 28, 2022
BanyXchi:
I just thought I should add this now, to show you how huge our diasporan population is, 40 % of Bini commenters on this culture section are outside the shores. Areafada2 is in Uk, Sam-Uk is in Uk, the Oza-nogogo maths teacher that comes around regularly is in france, bokohalal was outside the shores at the time, certainly would still be there, mulattoclaro was in spain,most likely would still be there, papabrowne was in one of these western countries,most likely going to still be there physics was undergoing his PhD program in one of these western countries at the time. There might be others that did not really disclose where they stay in their comments. It certainly would be more than this, this post is restricted to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 4:41am On Nov 28, 2022
BanyXchi:

I as a Bini man, I can hear central Esan better than an Oyo man will hear Owo. By scholars the Esan language is regarded as dialects of Edo. The only change you get in most words in Esan and Edo is R and L in many of their words e.g Binis would say Odionwere, Esans would say Odionwele, etc. it is like that In most of their words with minor changes here and there. It is not a full language. It feeds off the Edo language. There is no statement an Esan man will make that I will not be able to make sense of

They saying they are not "Edo" is more of an Identity thing. There is Edo as a race, which comprise of Bini, Urhobo, Isoko , Owan, Degema, Engenni, Ososo, Uneme, Etsako, etc . My grandma was Esan, her immediate younger wife was Owan, when they speak these languages are not strange to me, because they are close languages and brothers,Infact I do hear a thing or two even in the furthest Edoid language as I have proven in a post I earlier made about Urhobo . But someone speaking yoruba or Igbo, it would seem like the person is speaking swahili. It takes some features for a language to be Edoid, structures and some words that would certainly not die, that would still be prevalent in all these languages Even in the furthest language.

there is Edo as the name of a tribe which is Bini. They saying they are not Edo means they are not the group called "Binis" nevertheless that does not mean they are not twin to Binis

The name we have for them is "Edo ni san fia "which means "Edos that fled into the Bush" that is how they got their new Identity.
They could not withstand the harsh laws that was made by Oba Ewuare at the time after the death of his two sons. That is how they got their name Esan.

Igueben their last clan is considered Bini by them. A Bini man will comprehend what an Igueben man is saying ninety percent

We have a saying in my place, Edo na ma ze se ore Esan. Which translates to mean Edo not spoken well is Esan. Fortunately to venerate our Elders, this post recognizes what our Elders have always known. "The Bini or Edo language together with the Esan dialect"

We essentially bear the same names too, There is no name a Bini man would bear that an Esan man can't bear, eg Osaze, etc, I mean the same names, infact you cannot differentiate an Esan man from a Bini man with the name, you have to ask him his tribe

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that we are essentially the same group with different name, with few difference in culture however that certifies us as different group

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by samuk: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2022
AreaFada2

UGBE634

My account was temporarily suspended, but I was able to read your contributions, well done.

The only point I wanted to add is that Edo/Benin have nothing to drag with any other tribes. Our ancestors have left us a great legacy that the rest of the world are now committing resources to study.

The study of Benin kingdom has now been incorporated into the UK secondary schools curriculum to give all black students irrespective of countries of origin a sense of belonging, inclusion and pride in themselves. Benin kingdom is the only kingdom in Nigeria that have enough authentic materials to be studied.

Whilst Benin history is deliberately being undermine by some of our jealous neighbours, the rest of the world see Benin as the leading light for the black race historically. Locally halve baked scholars can continue to write fictions that the word doesn't take notice off.

https://educationblog.oup.com/secondary/diversifying-history-at-ks3

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2022
samuk:
AreaFada2

UGBE634

My account was temporarily suspended, but I was able to read your contributions, well done.

The only point I wanted to add is that Edo/Benin have nothing to drag with any other tribes. Our ancestors have left us a great legacy that the rest of the world are now committing resources to study.

The study of Benin kingdom has now been incorporated into the UK secondary schools curriculum to give all black students irrespective of countries of origin a sense of belonging, inclusion and pride in themselves. Benin kingdom is the only kingdom in Nigeria that have enough authentic materials to be studied.

Whilst Benin history is deliberately being undermine by some of our jealous neighbours, the rest of the world see Benin as the leading light for the black race historically. Locally halve backed scholars can continue to write fictions that the word doesn't take notice off.

https://educationblog.oup.com/secondary/diversifying-history-at-ks3
Mighty man, Ekpen'owa. Edo is mighty! Edo is divine! Edorodion!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by UGBE634: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2022
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://edofolks.com/html/pub23.htm&ved=2ahUKEwjTh5HyyMv7AhXOy6QKHcNJBiM4HhAWegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1ifKubsPjecFotqtenom-K

In that link, the eight paragraph, you will find the landmass and the population of the town called Urhonigbe, as at the year 2000, the population of the town according to the researcher was close to a hundred thousand, so it safe to say in 2022, that the town cannot be less than 100,000. This is just one of the large towns in Orhiowmon. Oza Aibiokunla is also very large and close to this figure, even Abudu the local government headquarter could pass for a city of its own, And they are all in Orhiowmon, Orhiowmon is not even Urban, she is not connected to the city at all. There are several smaller Bini communities in this large local government of about 10 thousand and above like Ugo, Egbokor ,Ugboko nimagbae etc. This local government is 2300 km square. This local government it is safe to say cannot be less than 350,000 to 400,000 in population and it is largely rural

Igboid- I once quoted the size of Urhonigbe and the population, I have been looking for the link, I finally found it, I came across it some donkey years ago

Banyxchi-This is the major town I quoted for you yesterday. That is the link up there, I might bring up the Abudu link sometime later. The local government of the Binis Even the rural ones are averagely larger than local government elsewhere. The Oba of Benin at the time did not want the partition of local government at the time so there won't Arise small independent kings and chiefdoms elsewhere. Local government gives some form of independence. According to his exact statement in the nineties, "make una nor share Bini for my hand".

As at the time, the Okaevbo of Urhonigbe was ever ready to gain or get some level of autonomy from the Oba, Even the Esama wanted to become a king in Benin in the nineties, it did not work out, then he opted for the creation of several local government at the time so that he could become a king in his Okada and environ, Aikhomu was his very close friends, as he had connections as at the time even now. The Oba of Benin spoke and work against it and it died a natural death. Aikhomu who had wanted to partition Edo south Into several local government because of its size as it is about 10,700km square( the landmass of the Binis is close to 60 percent of the landmass of Edo state) but was not given the go ahead by the Oba, then went to his Edo central that is one third of the landmass of the Binis and partitioned it into five local government.

Banyxchi- the town called Okada is in Ovia north east, and this town was about 78,000 in 2011. Today it should be about 90 or about 100,000 now and it just two wards in Ovia north east local government. The town Okada is also not connected to the city at all and it is largely rural. I have been able to convince you now of about 4 towns that cannot be less than 80,000 and more. Urhonigbe, Abudu, Oza, Okada. Urhonigbe and Okada should be at least 100,000. There are others in these seven local government with relative strength size of at least 50,000 . They're Ekiadolor, Ologbo,Ehor,Udo, Iguobazuwa,Usen. Ekiadolor and Ologbo would certainly be more, Ekiadolor cannot be less than 80 thousand in population. These communities are independent of the city and do not feed off it and they are all Bini speaking communities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2022
AreaFada2:

Lol. So you don't even know difference between fleeing and exile to Calabar?
I remember that Badagry and Epe were popular exile destinations for deposed Yoruba kings. No, you won't know such history.
As for bleeplogy, we all know na. Everyone sabi SW ladies as champions na. We all know. Haba! Even Igbo guys boast of how they bleep married women in SW here on NL. Even magun popularity in SW has a reason na. grin cheesy grin cheesy
As an Edo person, we forbid bleeping married women. So I have no such to talk about, otherwise I know my experience in Yorubaland (not Eastern Yorubaland) and I know how things went down. So just forget bleep matter. At least they are people's daughters, likely wives by now, some maybe even grandmother by now. So no details.

We wanted to avoid colonisation instead of having to breakaway later. Way ahead of others.

Well, if we didn't want Nigeria to exist, you don't have to be very smart to know that referendum to breakaway from SW was all we could do legally. And we did. When the chance to legally breakaway from 9ja comes, we will too.

Losing war to people with Superior firepower is no disgrace. Even today, Nigerian Army can't win a war against British Army. No change there. At least in 1897, the British had to go re-enforce with guns, more military to return to attack. Or you think Amotekun can defeat British Army in a war today? cheesy cheesy grin grin

Well, with 7LGA, we will develop faster. We did it 600 years ago already as documented by the Europeans. Today, Luxemburg and Monaco have better living standards than India, China, India, Nigeria, Russia and even most European nations. You can have a large Agbero, urchins and dregs country. Goodluck to you. grin grin cheesy

The girls you claim to have bleeped might just have used you to practice and later use it to earn big abroad, you never know. grin
I think one of you reported me lol. I couldn't reply yesterday. 'Exiled' sound like a cope word lol, he was forced and shamed to bow down and fled to Calabar. And btw there's no 1st class king sent to live in any epe or badagry. I don't know your point about kings being deposed. In the north, several emirs were also deposed.

SW women are champions? Oh c'mon stop that bro grin, the first thing Edo women especially the Bini fraction are synonymous to both locally and internationally is prostitution, escortees, strippers and other shits like that. They literally dominate everywhere in the country and other West African countries. Dude I lived in Edo for just 3 months and I can't write all I saw and went through there, your women are fucking wild bro! Whether young or old, single or married, you know well the largest and most organized se xx trafficking in the whole of Africa is in Edo state ran by Edo madams. Your women are made different tbf, and I know you know that, you're just being dishonest. There's no ibo guy with any married women here, SW women are more decent. Are you seriously talking about magun? I believe you must be a Benin man based outside the country, no Bini man will mention magun when it's everywhere in your state.

Forbid to bleep married women? Lol are you serious? Edo women are so loose that it took me less than 4 weeks to enter a married one loool, I have personal encounter with married women in your state. I think you're very detached away from the reality of your state or you are just denying the truth. Mercy Aigbe was literally fucking a married man when she was married herself.

Literally many ethnic groups fought against the Brits that forced them into this contraption, even the Ibos without any kingdom still fought against the Brits. The Yorubas, Hausa-fulanis, Kanuris all fought against British invasion so how is it special for you??

I'm glad to hear that, I've seen a lot of Binis preaching One Nigeria which breaks my heart because I believe they don't benefit anything from this contraption and we should go our separate ways because we have nothing in common.

Yes I believe smaller population means faster development and easier efficient governance. Also, the Ukwuanis, Ikas, Uhrobos, isokos might end up going with y'all so there's no wahala. But it's funny to see you mention Agberos when they are also in Edo state, many street urchins, yahoo boys, cultists, traffickers, ritualists, you have to deal with I also wish you luck with that.

Lol I can't believe you're defending international se xx trafficking, it's heartbreaking and terrifying.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2022
AreaFada2:

you're a grown up, stop acting like a kid. Wotowoto from your kind? You're funny sha. Like I said no one cares about y'all, I've seen more of your people in our business than vice versa, we don't have anything to do with y'all and I hope we can all go our separate ways soon. Imagine you thinking you can 'wotowoto' us, you minorities are funny sha grin
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2022
UGBE634:
Binis themselves cannot be less than 4 million in population home and abroad. I don't think we can trust these censuses in Nigeria, a census in 2006 allocated 3.000,000 to the whole of Edo state in 2006 and 4,000,000 each to both Osun and Ondo which are Obviously smaller states cannot be trusted. Then just 13 years down the line, the state did Voters registration number 400,000 and 600,000 above Ondo and Osun state respectively. With even a lot of unregistered voters everywhere. voters registration is by far an authentic pointer to the population of these places, as there is nothing tied to it, there is nothing to gain In it as opposed to a population census which equals more figures,more resources allocated. Banyxchi

The voters registration in Ekiti in 2019 was about 900,000, that of Edo was 1.3 million, the four hundred thousand more population is more than enough to suffice for suffice for the migrant in Benin city. The Edos in diaspora would take out the Ekitis in Kwara state.

And also to suffice for the migrant population in Benin, we have alot of Migrant Bini population outside the country with a population of about 1.2 to 1.5 million. There are about a third of Binis outside the country, you know this already. The Obaseki family alone according to pedro Obaseki, is over a 100,000, regardless of the census conducted in Nigeria, we are aware of our population

This was the Otaru of Auchi canvassing for a separate state for Etsako and Esan people, In his own words, he said Edo south was big enough and Populated enough to stand alone. This was in 1996, Benin was never this urban, There is something the educated Otaru knows about the population of Bini that you an outsider is not in the know about. I am telling you if Edo state had been divided in 1996, 3 million would have still be allocated to Benin state and maybe 2 million to afemesan state which comprise of Esan and Afemai people, it would have been created if not for Anenih.

Before 1991, Bini would have been over 12 or 13 local government,in fact there was a scuffle in Benin- at the time between the Esama of Benin and the Oba of Benin, he had wanted the Obaship position over Benin, Then he asked for some separate local government, in his area, Okada and Environs obviously to reduce the strength of the Oba and make himself King in his environ. The Oba wade in and asked Aikhomu not to do any of such.

There is a pattern In Nigeria skewed towards subdueing the population of the minorities to allow for proper exaggeration of majority population. Read this article and see how Bini state was to be created in 1996! And how it was thwarted by Anenih, the same Bini you feel is not up to a million in 2022https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/otaru-of-auchi-how-we-lost-out-in-the-bid-to-create-afemesan-state/&ved=2ahUKEwjpk5Ot_OL0AhWNxYUKHfaDDmoQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0LaFfDTyS-rnpL90Yyv0Qu
Thanks for taking your time to respond bro, I appreciate, but we still can't conclude with this sha. Yes I know Edo is obviously more populated than Osun, but at thesame time Edo has more migrants than Osun, I think you underestimate the population of non-indigenes in Edo Sha,Edo state is one of the most cosmopolitan states in the country with Deltans, Yorubas, Ibos, northerners,Igalas, ijaws and so on. Yes I agree we can't depend on the fraudulent census but at the same time we also can't conclude with voters registration because of non-indigenes and how some states always have Voters apathy. Maybe we can use NIN data?

Yes I know there are a lot of Binis across the country and diaspora but also there are Ekitis in the diaspora. Many of them also across the country and still spread into Kwara and Kogi. Are you sure the population outside the country is up to a milli? I estimate the population of Binis across Europe as about 200k or less, In UK Binis are not up to 30k, they are just few in France and Germany, but I know there are also a significant pop in Southern European countries like Spain, Italy. How do we get the statistics of about 1.2m? Yorubas have the highest pop in Western world while the Ibos in South East Asian countries. I believe we'll know more about the pop details next year after the census.
Re: Fact About Pa Idu by BanyXchi: 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2022
UGBE634:
I just thought I should add this now, to show you how huge our diasporan population is, 40 % of Bini commenters on this culture section are outside the shores. Areafada2 is in Uk, Sam-Uk is in Uk, the Oza-nogogo maths teacher that comes around regularly is in france, bokohalal was outside the shores at the time, certainly would still be there, mulattoclaro was in spain,most likely would still be there, papabrowne was in one of these western countries,most likely going to still be there physics was undergoing his PhD program in one of these western countries at the time. There might be others that did not really disclose where they stay in their comments. It certainly would be more than this, this post is restricted to my knowledge.
yes I know there are a lot of Binis in the diaspora, I come across many on tiktok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Yoruba Traditional Rulers Are United – Ooni / 6. Odu Owonrin Meji- Neccessity Is The Mother Of Invention.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.