Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? (17775 Views)

IT Path For A Child / Discussion Thread On The Best Learning Path For Beginner Fullstack Developers / The Best Learning Path For A Fullstack Developer - Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Xxx123xxx(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
LeahSarah1:
I've been an avid follower of the programming section as a guest and now I want to fully make the switch to tech by next year. I'm confused on the path to take (data science, front end, back end, qa, product design) so that I can earn faster as I've bills to pay.

I think your approach is wrong,
Mainly because what is easy for A might be difficult for B .

Best of all you wish your self though .
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Lalami3232(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Programming is actually easy if you put ur mind to it. When I started, i was coding for 12hours straight. If u wish to learn, I can always assist, that's if you're in Lagos.
Start with HTML, CSS, then JavaScript. After that, move to a framework like Node and ReactJS

4 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by nams77: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Rocice:
Product design
You can get started with UI UX
Take a course on udemy for $10 or so
Abeg can you throw more light on product design.
What product are dey designing. No vex. Na learn we dey
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by emperordelis(m): 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
The programming is path successful people understand that cloud web with orange device communicating towards designs is a web operation. Actually, the phyton program succeed data science and technology of device with front ends coincide back ends. To keep updated, learning product design with clouding and web design developer operation technically in a technologic device will open doors.

Na wetin people no go dey understand I wan dey write now undecided

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Maj196(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
UncleJudax:
Doesn't really take years to be honest. unless you code once or twice a month. With intensive practice, 6 months is enough to have a good grasp of whats what...in any direction: FE, BE, DS etc
4 years of becoming a pro not just grasping the basics.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by OvertheTop(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
Brother, I am a programmer myself, been doing this since 16yo, the Top programmers I know takes alcohol and smokes, programming in this modern age is a lifestyle, you’ve just got to balance everything.

If you are not ready to dedicate a part of your Life to this Craft, you ain’t going to Where.

Bros, You mean you still have a Great Social life...like Dating and Outings....weekend Trips....together with Programming?

how do you do it.....

i need some Heads-up on how you manage the Time
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Randal:
Good topic
Exactly.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Peace1993: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Thermodynamics:
Answers please, I really get passion for this programming thing but I nor know where to start
invest in yourself brother. Buy courses on udemy and other platforms and learn consistently………
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
TundeChris:

It takes time. I think python might even be the easy way out if you want to have real depth.

I suggest SQL for someone who wants to break into the tech scene. But if you want to actually code stuff, it depends on what you want to do.

If your goal is Web Dev then, HTML, CSS, Javascript, React

Thank you. It was HTML, CSS, for me before I went into SQL, still backpedaling on JS. I hope I get my mojo back lol.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by charlesm91(m): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
DaveDGreat:

Shebi you self you don notice am? grin grin grin
yea, where i trained coding, na girls full for the product design. Soon na them go dominate that market

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by UncleJudax(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
Maj196:
4 years of becoming a pro not just grasping the basics.
Unless you are studying at a University or something similar (mandatory minimum years), you don't need 4 years to learn programming. Also, 4 years learning/practicing without working (in real world projects) would not make you a pro either.

If you are already working, then your comment was misleading.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by chii8(f): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
HTML + CSS for start

Waooo....thank you.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TessBiwom(f): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
The programming is path successful people understand that cloud web with orange device communicating towards designs is a web operation. Actually, the phyton program succeed data science and technology of device with front ends coincide back ends. To keep updated, learning product design with clouding and web design developer operation technically in a technologic device will open doors.

Na wetin people no go dey understand I wan dey write now undecided

Welldone oooooo you succeeded in confusing me.
Hopefully you're happy abi
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
1F30M4:

Thank you. It was HTML, CSS, for me before I went into SQL, still backpedaling on JS. I hope I get my mojo back lol.

SQL is definitely a win. You can get a job while learning JS on the side or PHP or whatever it is that interests you, however, If we are talking about the money places, JS will come up sooner or later in your career.

There's this material I used when learning JS, it's 30 days of Javascript by asabeneh (Just google it). Easy to read and you can finish it in 3 days if you are gingered wink.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Bahat: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Every pro, intermedia struggled, all newbie will strive. Lol
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by TundeChris: 4:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
UncleJudax:

Unless you are studying at a University or something similar (mandatory minimum years), you don't need 4 years to learn programming. Also, 4 years learning/practicing without working (in real world projects) would not make you a pro either.

4 years working, you are already a pro sef, if you take it seriously. I learnt to code and got my first gig in 9 months (Haaard 9 months, though).

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Ppgg: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
None
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by CSTRR: 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
It's not a get rich scheme.

You cannot become a good programmer quickly.
You need to take time to learn.

Why do you think tech salaries are high?
Someone in Nigeria can just earn over $3000 in just one job.

It's because there are very few people at the top of the food chain.

Most people drop out because they couldn't grind through the years of practice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Ahmed4u1: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
if you want to teach someone html and css for as low as 10k that means these are two useless skills because they have not benefited you yet. unless you just want to help the person as a charity case lol

Yeah you are right.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by CSTRR: 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
Brother, I am a programmer myself, been doing this since 16yo, the Top programmers I know takes alcohol and smokes, programming in this modern age is a lifestyle, you’ve just got to balance everything.

If you are not ready to dedicate a part of your Life to this Craft, you ain’t going to Where.

True.
It takes sacrifice.

I am a chemical engineer.
And when I get back home from work at 9pm, I still sit down and code till 11pm before I sleep and wake up by 4:30am.

Every freaking day.

When I am at work, any free chance I get, I practice on my phone.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Maj196(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
UncleJudax:

Working bro. I have done loads of project
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by 1F30M4(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
TundeChris:

SQL is definitely a win. You can get a job while learning JS on the side or PHP or whatever it is that interests you, however, If we are talking about the money places, JS will come up sooner or later in your career.

There's this material I used when learning JS, it's 30 days of Javascript by asabeneh (Just google it). Easy to read and you can finish it in 3 days if you are gingered wink.

Bless you, I'll definitely check it out one of these days. I truly appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
CSTRR:

True.
It takes sacrifice.

I am a chemical engineer.
And when I get back home from work at 9pm, I still sit down and code till 11pm before I sleep and wake up by 4:30am.

Every freaking day.

When I am at work, any free chance I get, I practice on my phone.

Yes brother, that’s what it takes, Consistency !!
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by isarumah(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
q basic
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Kennedy97: 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
WIREMIND:
We'll, I'm here.
After you have decided, reach me to get your laptop powerbank to spend up your learning process. sad

What can I get for 120k
Solid hp
Could be used I don't mind
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by gracedson: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
OvertheTop:

Bros, You mean you still have a Great Social life...like Dating and Outings....weekend Trips....together with Programming?

how do you do it.....

i need some Heads-up on how you manage the Time
I don’t have a Social life at all, I don’t go out at all, except to get food and fuel, and more importantly go to Church.
I have just learnt to balance my life around programming.

1 Like

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Kennedy97: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Temisia:
No easy path. Just be patient and devote time to it.
HTML
CSS
JavaScript

Then frontend
REACT
NextJS

Backend
NodeJs

Time is the biggest challenge if you can devote time to it you'll be amazed at how fast you can learn. Then as I tell my students. Practice practice practice until it becomes your second nature

Or Python
Or Laravel

Can I learn this online?
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by OvertheTop(m): 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
gracedson:
I don’t have a Social life at all, I don’t go out at all, except to get food and fuel, and more importantly go to Church.
I have just learnt to balance my life around programming.

This is my Greatest Fear....0 social life!
Eventually, Due to lack of being socially Savvy and experienced in Women, one will not be able to Know the Good one from the Not so good one...

and if one wifes a Bad one, all the Academic Efforts and Scarifies to Attain Wealth will be frustrated ....even to Zero!

there must be a way to balance all these parts!

Are you a Front End Guy OR full Stack?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Excel70: 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lalami3232:
Programming is actually easy if you put ur mind to it. When I started, i was coding for 12hours straight. If u wish to learn, I can always assist, that's if you're in Lagos.
Start with HTML, CSS, then JavaScript. After that, move to a framework like Node and ReactJS
I am ready to learn and I reside in lagos.
Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by uche393: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
learn Linux basics, python basics and learn cloud. become certified with AWS cloud practitioner.
after few years you fit start to chop devops money from naija.
if you get the strength do computer science or information technology for national open University next year you might end up living outside naija in the next 5yrs

2 Likes

Re: What's The Easiest Path For Beginners? by Bossman(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
There is no easy or quick path when it comes to programming. If there is, everyone will be doing it, and it will not be as lucrative as it is. The key thing is to learn the basics of programming very well, regardless of the language you use. As others mentioned, Python or Java are good programming languages to start with. Once you have got a good grasp of programming fundamentals, then you can decide if you want to do UI front end development or you want to focus on the backend. There never used to be a separation back in the days....we had to know both front-end and back-end development. So pick your language, and hit the ground running. Good luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Way Forward For The Field Of Computer Science In Nigeria / Which Among These Digital Skills Is More Profitable To Learn / A Thread On My Experiment With Reinforcement Learning & Artificial Intelligence.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.