Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. (25356 Views)

Eze Chinedu Mozie: Igbo Leaders In Lagos Call On Sanwo-Olu To Release Chief / Between David Hundeyin And Segalink On Twitter. / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans: Between EFCC And Segalink On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by femixville(m): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

This is the maturity the useless sorosoke hoodlums missed and did not get, advocating for peace is a plus, not a minus, and it doesn't change you or take away your personal values, ideals and beliefs, it doesn't and shouldn't stop or take away your activism.

Rejecting the invitation with venom, crude and crass utterances and insults reeks immaturity, lack of self-worth, bad societal manners and home training.

Sanwo Olu outfoxed them, they should have called his luff, but fell into his trap.

Lagosians in their tens of thousands will join the governor for a peace walk while the sorosoke immature and brainless toddlers watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.

Seems u don't understand how dis people run things..

If Government can own you, they'll invite u for a peace talk to tarnish u later for it..

Politics is never true, those mechanisms that formed it are thicker than the devil in ideas..

They see bttr y they opt out, if u won join, join na.. Y roping others personal view with urs..

6 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by specialmati(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin naso Nigeria government will never and does not represent peace.if not why send the army to shoot at citizens of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

How is peace walk an engagement? They are looking for photo material for Tinubus campaign poster ..small walk and next thing you will see Falz and Mr Macaroni in Swaga advert

Well, it is a free country, you don't have to walk or you can do your ow walk, carry poster, shout Tinubu till eternity, that's your God given rights, but you can not deny other people the same rights,

Lagosians will join the governor, men, women, children, students, mothers, fathers and brothers and you can not do anything about it.

Go and sit down if you don't feel like walking for peace, nothing spoil.

4 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Zerotrust: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
I think a lot of Nigerians are too caught-up on sentiments. In this context, what exactly is a walk? There have been efforts put towards identifying what went wrong, who was wronged and recommendations on what the Government should do. The Government has refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of the report. So what will a walk achieve? Is there a war going on in Lagos at the moment that they are seeking peace?
The right thing to do is for culpable leaders to step down, show some accountability (with possible arrests) and pay compensation to victims. If this is not their plan, they can go ahead ruling as they always have and the citizens will continue with their day to day struggles.
Until the Leaders learn to listen and show empathy, Nigeria will NOT GROW. Make we dey manage the Country like that. The day the ills of society hits close to home (rich or poor) everyone should leak their wounds and continue to wish things were better.
Thinking that you should follow these politicians to play these funny games against the masses will get you played.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

There was this video Instablog uploaded about women protesting for their children killed at Lekki toll gate.

I was in the comment section trying to at least see someone ask a logical question but none of them could talk to the issue. Na just echo chamber.

The question to ask is that, we’ve been inundated with the fact that those that their family allegedly got slain at Lekki toll gate are afraid to speak out because they fear the government. So how exactly did they suddenly summon courage to carry placard to the government house? Do they suddenly don’t fear the gov’t anymore?

A little search shows that the protest organizer is a lady that does comedy and sometimes a government critics. Someone just organized people and lied that they are protesting for their dead children and everyone is swallowing it without question.

7 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by BruncleZuma: 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Who no see this coming still dey learn work...Daniel Kalu men are out and about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by TheWolfen(m): 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
These myopic defenders of this corrupt government sha. E be like say dem dey add fuel to food to get more horsepower

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by AbijaJ: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Treasure17:

''These sorosoke people have a sponsor controlling all their moves " How did you arrive at this? Or just a mere assumption without evidence to back it up? Can there be peace when there's no justice? Are you aware that what birthed Endsars are still happening?Common! The governor could have handled this in a proper manner but he decided to go this route. Doesn't make any sense.

There’s no 'proper manner' that Sanwo could have handled this affair that would have pleased the soro-soke mob outside of their desire to force/impose their false narrative of the incident. As far as I'm concerned they can all go to hell. Sanwo should grow some balls and stop pandering to their whims.

10 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by NGpatriot: 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2021
femixville:

Seems u don't understand how dis people run things..

If Government can own you, they'll invite u for a peace talk to tarnish u later for it..

Politics is never true, those mechanisms that formed it are thicker than the devil in ideas..

They see bttr y they opt out, if u won join, join na.. Y roping others personal view with urs..

“There are no absolutes. I may agree with some people on certain things does not mean I’m in alignment with them.

“So, if I walk with the governor today, it does not stop me from criticising the governor the next day.”

Learn maturity, positive and sensible activism from this man.

Activisim is not about standing in your corner, where obviously you are destined to remain because you are a corner dead ender.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by FarahAideed: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

Well, it is a free country, you don't have to walk or you can do your ow walk, carry poster, shout Tinubu till eternity, that's your God given rights, but you can not deny other people the same rights,

Lagosians will join the governor, men, women, children, students, mothers, fathers and brothers and you can not do anything about it.

We support peace but first JUSTICE before peace walk

3 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Lamasta(m): 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
IMASTEX:
Justice brings peace.
And progress too

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by 27Pushing30: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

This is the maturity the useless sorosoke hoodlums missed and did not get, advocating for peace is a plus, not a minus, and it doesn't change you or take away your personal values, ideals and beliefs, it doesn't and shouldn't stop or take away your activism.

Rejecting the invitation with venom, crude and crass utterances and insults reeks immaturity, lack of self-worth, bad societal manners and home training.

Sanwo Olu outfoxed them, they should have called his luff, but fell into his trap.

Lagosians in their tens of thousands will join the governor for a peace walk while the sorosoke immature and brainless toddlers watch on TV regretting their puerile actions.

Why do you think he pulled out of endsars protest? Citing their deviation from the goal of the protest ??

The others are just anarchists ... where was Falz and macaroni during the chaos? Where was samwo olu?

Na only mumu dey suffer aftermath of anarchy

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by 27Pushing30: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

We support peace but first JUSTICE before peace walk

I challenge you to confirm here on Nairaland that you read every page of the endsars panel report

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by TemmyT002(m): 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2021
He probably made the suggestion to the governor in the first place

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Evince(m): 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
Maybe we should also take a peace walk with bandits as well. And for those highlighting on numbers of the murdered peaceful protesters, what sense does that make to you. In a saner clime, death of one person reverberate to the highest how much more 11.
Get it into your skull that our leaders are murderers all of them

3 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by optionalY09: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
We know there are human rights activists and beggar activists

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by 27Pushing30: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2021
LegendHero:

There was this video Instablog uploaded about women protesting for their children killed at Lekki toll gate.

I was in the comment section trying to at least see someone ask a logical question but none of them could talk to the issue. Na just echo chamber.

The question to ask is that, we’ve been inundated with the fact that those that their family allegedly got slain at Lekki toll gate are afraid to speak out because they fear the government. So how exactly did they suddenly summon courage to carry placard to the government house? Do they suddenly don’t fear the gov’t anymore?

A little search shows that the protest organizer is a lady that does comedy and sometimes a government critics. Someone just organized people and lied that they are protesting for their dead children and everyone is swallowing it without question.

My brother at the end of it all I pity the likes of Falz and Macoroni

When the truth will come out ehn?!?!

At falomo we could see the names of those kidnapped in chibok

These “mothers” are protesting yet I’ve not seen a pic of a slain “son/daughter”

In all my years watching protest over deaths from Mid East to even the ughyur Chinese recently ... a pic must always come out showing visuals of a missing person or slain person

They should continue sha

The truth will come out

4 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by TemmyT002(m): 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

The most partisan, sycophantic, nonsensical writeup I ever saw.
You will support any wickedness done by your party members.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by Born2Breed(f): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
grin
Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by jimcaddy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2021
You better walk so as to get government contracts in the future or position. In Nigeria, everyone is only fighting for what is going to benefit him or her immediately or in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by ransomed: 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
A million walk cannot clean the blood of innocent citizens you sent to early graves.
Your conscience is your judge, it will hunt and prick you till death.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by splashbaby(m): 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:
No justice, no peace.
Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by FarahAideed: 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
27Pushing30:

I challenge you to confirm here on Nairaland that you read every page of the endsars panel report
The endsars panel report has made the right recommendations but Sanwo Olus white paper has scuttled it

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by miketayo(m): 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

They want youth engagement and when they engage them, they still reject the engagement, cry and wail like little babies.

I just don't get why they are so dead against the same thing they asked the government to do, it's right there in their own panel report, the same report they want us to read, accept and swallow.

I really don't get them, they don't want peace, they have their own mysterious agenda..

seems u don't understand how politicians think, or their motives. there is no need for a sit down when the gov knows the problem and how to solve them but chose not to. If they want engagement they can do it on National TV where everyone is watching with open lines for every citizen to air their inputs, not closed-door meetings with envelopes to shut them up. They see everything happening on SM and they pretend not to, what will this walk achieve if not to cajole them to relax on what we have been fighting for. The Governor is a good person (IMO) but surrounded by the worst people. I am sure he is fed up with the whole situation knowing he cant do what he really wants to do.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by LegendHero(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
FarahAideed:

How is peace walk an engagement? They are looking for photo material for Tinubus campaign poster ..small walk and next thing you will see Falz and Mr Macaroni in Swaga advert

Can peace walk not be part of engagement or you want them to write everything in literal terms?

Him inviting the said youth is not part of engagement?

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by splashbaby(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Segalinks is reasonable and understands politics. Most of these people have forgotten that sagalink started the endsar movement before it was hijacked by anarchists, feminists, thugs, homosexuals and liars.

The government gave you a life time opportunity to talk to them after destroying their facilities, but you declined the opportunity.

Government come and go, the next government coming wont even remember you exist.

If you say you are fighting for the youth, why don't you go and tell the government what you want.
Sponsored....Tell your employer, no justice no peace.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by timefarm(m): 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
Justice comes before peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by splashbaby(m): 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
miketayo:

seems u don't understand how politicians think, or their motives. there is no need for a sit down when the gov knows the problem and how to solve them but chose not to. If they want engagement they can do it on National TV where everyone is watching with open lines for every citizen to air their inputs, not closed-door meetings with envelopes to shut them up. They see everything happening on SM and they pretend not to, what will this walk achieve if not to cajole them to relax on what we have been fighting for. The Governor is a good person (IMO) but surrounded by the worst people. I am sure he is fed up with the whole situation knowing he cant do what he really wants to do.
A government that set up a panel and release a white paper to rubbish their report...that guy is on government payroll.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by jubrilELsudan: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
THIS HUNGRY IKEREGBE NO DEY DISAPPOINT.

NA HIM WAY.

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by miketayo(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
NGpatriot:

you can walk from here till sokoto and back it wont change anything. I a Lagosian would use that time to do something more meaningful

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by IJOBA11: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
ATENU OSHI angry

1 Like

Re: ‘I’ll Walk With Anybody Who Wants Peace’ — Segalink On Sanwo-Olu’s Invitation. by seyoops4u: 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

If you say you are fighting for the youth, why don't you go and tell the government what you want.

After starting well, look at what spoilt all what you said.

If I may ask, how else do you think they can make the government know what they want?

Isn't it written boldly on the wall for all to see ?

Some would be going north, you guys would rather go south.

These are things that make the whole struggle useless.

The government know what people are asking for; they should end police brutality. Simple as a ABC...

Is that too much to ask ?

We are not even talking about bad governance yet.

But they should start from there.

Well, maybe you're okay with the way police are handling the citizens

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Donates Borehole In Birnin Kebbi (pictures) / #EndSARS Protesters Are Pseudo-Activists ― Frank Mba Lists 10 Points By IGP / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.