Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million (9823 Views)

Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! / Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia / US Investors To Build 6 Refineries In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by OAM4J: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

If they can do what you've just said and ensure a certain percentage of what is produced is either sold or processed in Nigeria, that is fine with me.
But, no matter how much money they are willing to invest, I don't think arable lands in Nigeria should be cultivated to feed Koreans or anybody when too many of our own people are still hungry.

I see your point and I agree with you.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by 2muchlogic(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Whao! Interesting read. Every one should read it.

[size=18pt]Hedge funds 'grabbing land' in Africa[/size]

Hedge funds are behind "land grabs" in Africa to boost their profits in the food and biofuel sectors, a US think-tank says.

In a report, the Oakland Institute said hedge funds and other foreign firms had acquired large swathes of African land, often without proper contracts.

It said the acquisitions had displaced millions of small farmers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13688683

So many imbeciles on this thread, coming in and out of the thread taking about conspiracy theories and pessimism, you twits have got me laughing in korean again  grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
Africans shine your eyes. These Koreans are trying to scam us like they did in Madagascar?

This is a LAND GRAB and they are trying to take advantage of poor Ekiti people. Even though I am an Igbo, I am siding with my African brothers on this issue.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
some people will sell their birthright for a plate of soup. myopic esau-esque mahfukaz
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Katsumoto: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

Katsumoto and I are on the same side? This is amazing! shocked

I can only remember one other time when we speaking with the same voice.

LOL

You are one funny kid. grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by CHIMSKY(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
We must proceed with caution.These kind of nebulous deals are going on all over Africa.Please read www.oakland institute.org
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
Katsumoto:

LOL

You are one funny kid.  grin

I would like to thank Shango, Oludamare, Alusi, Chineke etc for this momentous occasion. The stars must have aligned.  grin

Maybe there can be unity. We just need an outside force. Nothing unites a country more than an external enemy.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Katsumoto: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
It is projected that the world will not be able to feed its population in another twenty years. Arable and fertile farmland will be more important than resource deposits. Europeans and Asians are forward thinking by grabbing the next most important resource after water, land.

There is no reason why africans cant invest in technology to feed its population and sell to these asians instead of them valuing african land at $2 per hectare. Believe me, there is a lot of money to be made from agriculture in the coming years.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
$2 per hectare? Maybe I should join this land grab. shocked
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

I would like to thank Shango, Oludamare, Alusi, Chineke etc for this momentous occasion. The stars must have aligned.  grin

Maybe there can be unity. We just need an outside force. Nothing unites a country more than an external enemy.
am an external force, i was born in tongolese. but moved to south korea, grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2011
$2 per hectare ? how big is a hectare ??
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

big enough to plant on, and feed 500 people, this korean ppl get sense well well grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
and lets face it no one is forcing africans to sell their land right ? they are crazy
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

big enough to plant on, and feed 500 people, this korean ppl get sense well well grin
buzugee:

Its not just cheap for foreign investors. Land is very cheap to buy in Ekiti. imo
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

the credit belongs not to the koreans. the credit belongs to the african who is selling his land for $2 a hectare. the award for bein the dumbest negro alive is in order
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Its not just cheap for foreign investors. Land is very cheap to buy in Ekiti. imo

shocked shocked shocked

Land is expensive in the East. Time to set my sights on Ekiti. grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

all these fools congesting lagos need to move to ekiti  grin go and build a mansion on a $2 hectare land. this is 200 naira. this is money you use to drink peppersoup everynight.  grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

all these fools congesting lagos need to move to ekiti grin go and build a mansion on a $2 hectare land. this is 200 naira. this is money youuse to drink peppersoup everynight. grin
lwkmdfho, fayemi must be the dumbest african, to make that deal, 200 naira, sigh are ekitians politicians really that dumb?? i need to invest in ekiti right now
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

all these fools congesting lagos need to move to ekiti  grin go and build a mansion on a $2 hectare land. this is 200 naira. this is money you use to drink peppersoup everynight.  grin

Not [i]that [/i]cheap. minimum $4k
You prolly cant afford since you're always complaining about gas, food etc  grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

the credit belongs not to the koreans. the credit belongs to the african who is selling his land for $2 a hectare. the award for bein the dumbest negro alive is in order
LWKMD, i swear, wetin i no go hear finish, by the way soon, our population will increase, where we go live  undecided
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

ILEKI idi, who are u siding with this time?? i guess fayemi ya governor??
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by EzeUche1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
No wonder my brethren continue to move to the South-West. If land is that cheap there, I would too. grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

lwkmdfho, fayemi must be the dumbest african, to make that deal, 200 naira, sigh are ekitians politicians really that dumb?? i need to invest in ekiti right now

You do that and stop investing  on . . . . no comment.

[size=1pt]cant separate a man and his weed.[/size]
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

No wonder my brethren continue to move to the South-West. If land is that cheap there, I would too. grin

Of course everything is expensive in the SE. Even a person's live could be ransomed for N1m.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You do that and stop investing  on . . . . no comment.

[size=1pt]cant separate a man and his weed.[/size]
on what undecided undecided undecided undecided shocked
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by OAM4J: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
Please land is not that cheap in Ekiti.  Kats was referring to Ethiopia, and the $2 is rent fee not the actual cost of the land.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Of course everything is expensive in the SE. Even a person's live could be ransomed for N1m.
ileki idi, my iyawo, se otu ti bere stop am now
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

lwkmdfho, fayemi must be the dumbest african, to make that deal, 200 naira, sigh are ekitians politicians really that dumb?? i need to invest in ekiti right now[color=#000099][/color]
you and me both.  grin ekiti here we come
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Please land is not that cheap in Ekiti.  Kats was referring to Ethiopia, and the $2 is rent fee not the actual cost of the land.

God punish you cheesy

Was messing with these gullible boys of NL. Oya, all of una, go and invest in Ekiti.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

ileki idi, my iyawo, se otu ti bere stop am now

I was joking with EzeUche. He's a very humorous guy, he gets the joke nau.
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
buzugee:

you and me both.  grin ekiti here we come
pilot they fuel the plane,, if he done fuel am finish, i go let you know grin grin grin
Re: Korean Investors To Lift Agric In Ekiti With U.s.$400 Million by buzugee(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not [i]that [/i]cheap. minimum $4k
You prolly cant afford since you're always complaining about gas, food etc   [color=#770077][/color]grin

if i save 5 naira a day, i am sure in 40 days i will have the money for 1 hectare. thats enough for my mansion  cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Forever Living Product - Is It A Scam? / SRA, sales Ranking Assistance (Simple Way To Make Money) / Dangote Flour Sells 63% Stake To South African Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.