Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection (12434 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by blowjohn(m): 8:23am On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Life is about believe and Faith. Whatever, you believe on will work for you. Some believe in one baba and pay homage to them while some pay tithe to their pastor because they believe it. Others don't believe in any of them.
Whichever that pays you, you free to do and don't condemn anyone that does not believe in what you believe on. That is my philosophy of life.

Yes.
Everything is permissible. But not everything is beneficial

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Jimthebond(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2021
I have decided to open my church with the way the economy is now....... please you can pay tithe to me

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by 77up(m): 8:28am On Dec 04, 2021
This and many other issues are what christians should take note but you will see the hypocrite ones on muslim thread on Fridays talking rubbish sad
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Jimthebond:
I have decided to open my church with the way the economy is now....... please you can pay tithe to me

You don't need to plead. Just threaten them with hellfire and they'll pay you tithes grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Willie2015: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:

Being a giver is entirely different from paying a Tithe

D underlying Principle is the same.......as a Christian.....

You are having problem in paying 10 per cent to Gods work..... in your local church....

You will have a bigger problem in giving 10 per cent to the less privileged.....

Ask yourself... how many times you have visited an orphanage in the last 3 months...

I am a frequent visitor to those around me.... the list of visitors coming to donate is always scanty...

even much worse in this Buhari period.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Freelane33(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno capping
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by AutoC: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2021
osuofia2:
Well, Reno may e right or wrong. Speaking as a Muslim, I believe in giving to the needy instead of sowing to a man unbehalf of God.
I have visited churches on invite. But I will say the Pentecostal churches make tithes as their center of preaching and they make it look like without tithing Christianity can not stand . My visit to the Catholic church was devoid of such tithes preaching.
I hope they " Pentecostal churches makes amend

You make sense of this..first time I'll see a Muslim critic Christianity with sense

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by perryy(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:
But there are some church in nigeria whose pastors are not allowed to work eg AG.

A big fat lie. AG pastors do business,they farm etc. Church is nothing but business

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Yugoos: 8:53am On Dec 04, 2021
Person weh pay no complain give you o. Devil just dey use you, e dey pepper you. Oga dey your dey. Na kingdom tax, na investment for us. E dey work. We no need your input. Same jonser go dey pay all association dues for one useless association o. Idle minds that would not mind their business. Goats in sheep clothing. Dey your dey

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Sikariyelwa: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2021
Iam one nigerian that like sir omokri in most of his write up..even though sometimes hi is controversial,most of his research are educative.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by JubrinElSudan: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2021
Laeroy:
Thiting works, but the only way it works is if you don't with eye service.....

Just let the pastor and other church leaders know you pay your thite...That way they'll reward you accordingly.
who are the they that will reward me? Pastor and Church leaders?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 04, 2021
adekolaelect:
We know this Reno.Some mumu Christian Bigot will not come here to be librated but if it is anything abt Islam they all will be here to say what will never beneficial to their mesrable lives.

They only know hw to badmouth someone else religion but ignorant of they're own religion

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Newton2024: 8:55am On Dec 04, 2021
athaboi:
Is a total waste of hard earned income! Very myopic people does that.... I will never try it
It is sad that I know this truth late. I will never try that again.

Henceforth, my tithe goes to my mummi.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by BigYash: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:
But there are some church in nigeria whose pastors are not allowed to work eg AG.
That was then,AG pastors works now o. That was my church,until the internal war between who is to lead began at Okpoto.. I now have my own church.. Lakoko grin

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by CrestMan: 8:59am On Dec 04, 2021
I once heard someone say "Reno Omokri is intelligent but not wise". This is very true
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Newton2024: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2021
chariisGRACE:

It does not work. It is tricky.
It works but it is tricky.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by desiredhome: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Life is about believe and Faith. Whatever, you believe on will work for you. Some believe in one baba and pay homage to them while some pay tithe to their pastor because they believe it. Others don't believe in any of them.
Whichever that pays you, you free to do and don't condemn anyone that does not believe in what you believe on. That is my philosophy of life.
Christianity is not contradictory, if all the people giving their hard earned money to their pastorprenours today were getting benefits according to their believe then Nigeria/christian community would have been the richest in the country but is that the case in today's Churches/Christianity?
The more you look the less you see...
The greedy are the most deceived

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by iramure(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2021
We worship mega pastors in Africa with the belief that whatever trash they spew from their dirty, stinking, deceitful, brainwashing, mouth is from sky daddy and so remains sacrosanct. Nonsense!
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by desiredhome: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2021
Yugoos:
Person weh pay no complain give you o. Devil just dey use you, e dey pepper you. Oga dey your dey. Na kingdom tax, na investment for us. E dey work. We no need your input. Same jonser go dey pay all association dues for one useless association o. Idle minds that would not mind their business. Goats in sheep clothing. Dey your dey

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Newton2024: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2021
AutoC:

You make sense of this..first time I'll see a Muslim critic Christianity with sense
Does his moniker @osuofia and comment sound as if he is a muslim to you?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by truthstands01: 9:13am On Dec 04, 2021
This Reno should learn to talk on areas of his professionalism and be matured sometimes. Must he delve into every topic either it concerns him or not. That's the character of a low life. In as much as a pastor telling you to pay tithe for protection is not 100% correct but Malachi Chapter 3vs8-12 mandates you to pay your tithe. Its a command from God. If you don't pay your tithe, you rob God. If you pay your tithe and try to keep God's commandments, it attracts a lot of blessings and salvation to you. So, Reno, learn to choose your words wisely when issues about God is involved.
Some people belong to many frivolous clubs and organisations and pay all the dues but when it comes to God, they start talking anyhow. Know it whether you like it or not, paying tithe is of God and you can't do so if the spirit of God is not in you.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bayocanny: 9:14am On Dec 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
I believe this issue is over flogged

Personally I don't do thite because doing so would mean resting on my works instead of Jesus grace

However if people want to do it let them do it, cos even your house can't run without money

The Muslims masturbating here still pay money to jihadists to terrorise the world globally but their problem is thithe
At first, you appears brilliant. Unfortunately, your last paragraph throw you away.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Aufbauh(m): 9:15am On Dec 04, 2021
Willie2015:

You are having problem in paying 10 per cent to Gods work..... in your local church....

You will have a bigger problem in giving 10 per cent to the less privileged.....

Ask yourself... how many times you have visited an orphanage in the last 3 months...

I am a frequent visitor to those around me.... the list of visitors coming to donate is always scanty...

Pls let's stop using words to cover up an obvious fact.
Free will giving and Tithing as demanded by our pastors are different biblical principle according to their admonition.

I give freely according to my conviction and empathy, and I see no reason why I should give a certain percentage of my earning to a third party to give on my behalf as Tithe.

Again I must not necessarily need to visit the orphanage homes to show people or convince myself that I'm a giver.
Giving to the needies and less privileged around as much as those that can reach you is what I've had so much regard for.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Leverage2021: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2021
bayocanny:

At first, you appears brilliant. Unfortunately, your last paragraph throw you away.
That's the reality most Muslims are obsessed with this thite thing yet they aren't the ones paying

But who then is funding terrorism globally if not Muslims

Islam says if you can't go to jihad use your money

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bayocanny: 9:18am On Dec 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
That's the reality most Muslims are obsessed with this thite thing yet they aren't the ones paying

But who then is funding terrorism globally if not Muslims

Islam says if you can't go to jihad use your money
You're a funny human being.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by desiredhome: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2021
Willie2015:

The Church is not the building, the financial contribution we make to the church are not for the pastor to leave extravagantly, the church members are partakers of the church funds especially the not too have..... this is not the case in today's churches especially the one man owned churches.....

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by judedwriter(m): 9:21am On Dec 04, 2021
Tithe payment is a choice!

Let no pastor cajole, corece, frighten or bewitch you to pay tithes! If you decide not to pay tithes, you live with the consequences if there are any.

I go with pastor Sam Adeyemi on this one.

But as for me I pay tithes because I believe in the law of sowing and reaping.

Archbishop idahosa was reported to have given 90% tithes to God and took 10%. And he had enough money to preach the gospel globally.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Leverage2021: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2021
bayocanny:

You're a funny human being.
it's the hypocrisy for me

Riyad as-Salihin 290

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The most excellent dinar (money) is one that a person spends on his family, lipsrsealed and the dinar which he spends on his riding-animal in the way of Allah (in Jihad), lipsrsealed and the dinar he spends on his companions in the way of Allah".

Spending money in riding animals in jihad refers to the resources and mobility used in Allah wars at that time and even now in today's Allah wars of terrorism

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by ddeola: 9:23am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno, no b u b God stop overdoing what you started on a right note.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by mastermaestro(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2021
Tithe this, tithe that, nosy busybodies. sad Tithe is an established divine covenant that no human being or spirit can change till the world ends. You all can continue to cry, it won't kill a fly. grin

Why another person's relationship with GOD is giving many of you headache is a mystery I am trying to understand. You don't pay tithe, then shut up! Nobody is forcing anybody to offer anything to GOD. sad

What GOD has instituted, no man can repeal! Long after you are dead, rotten and completely forgotten, believers will still be obeying the covenant of tithe. I have already enveloped my tithe to deliver in church tomorrow Sunday. Now, run along. sad

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Appetizerbmaz(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2021
They still have part time pastors. And most churches built their churches based on some of the old testament and some of the new testament. Change is constant
Vichot:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Date For End Of The World: January 1 2017 - Sword Of God Cult / Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.