Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection (12437 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by mastermaestro(m): 9:27am On Dec 04, 2021
Newton2024:
Does his moniker @osuofia and comment sound as if he is a muslim to you?

Oga he is a Muslim! Go through his previous posts!
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by tnerro1(m): 9:32am On Dec 04, 2021
Me I don’t pay tithe, I take the money and give to the needy around me or to motherless babies homes. When I get to heaven, I will tell God i didn’t trust that pastor/ priest in my church, that’s why I did it my own way

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Ayo081(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2021
wink2015:

The Church used it to source for income.

If the Church does not have a source of realising cash then they can not propagate the gospel of Jesus.

What do you have to say about Matthew 10 especially the below bolded?:

And preach as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying, give without pay.

Matthew 10:7‭-‬8 RSV

undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by xeju: 9:43am On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Life is about believe and Faith. Whatever, you believe on will work for you. Some believe in one baba and pay homage to them while some pay tithe to their pastor because they believe it. Others don't believe in any of them.
Whichever that pays you, you free to do and don't condemn anyone that does not believe in what you believe on. That is my philosophy of life.
Life is not about beliefs and faith. Or can you give us a % ratio of all the things you've believed in this year that came to pass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bayocanny: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
it's the hypocrisy for me

Riyad as-Salihin 290

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "The most excellent dinar (money) is one that a person spends on his family, lipsrsealed and the dinar which he spends on his riding-animal in the way of Allah (in Jihad), lipsrsealed and the dinar he spends on his companions in the way of Allah".

Spending money in riding animals in jihad refers to the resources and mobility used in Allah wars at that time and even now in today's Allah wars of terrorism
Listen, whenever you want to debate or argue about a discussion, try as much as possible to understand the topics at hand.
How best can you explain the term Jihad?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by desiredhome: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2021
Willie2015:

D underlying Principle is the same.......as a Christian.....

You are having problem in paying 10 per cent to Gods work..... in your local church....

You will have a bigger problem in giving 10 per cent to the less privileged.....

Ask yourself... how many times you have visited an orphanage in the last 3 months...

I am a frequent visitor to those around me.... the list of visitors coming to donate is always scanty...

even much worse in this Buhari period.

Some people will still blame Buhari/politicians in their own foolishness/ignorant......yet give their hard earned money to ordinary man who doesn't know if they exist..... while their pastorprenours are cruising on their money, they will be abusing their leader/politicians of hardship... grin grin grin grin
Life......
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Newton2024: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2021
mastermaestro:

Oga he is a Muslim! Go through his previous posts!
Okay
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by MPESA(m): 9:57am On Dec 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
I believe this issue is over flogged

Personally I don't do thite because doing so would mean resting on my works instead of Jesus grace

However if people want to do it let them do it, cos even your house can't run without money

The Muslims masturbating here still pay money to jihadists to terrorise the world globally but their problem is thithe

You are speaking from both mouth BTW he never asked people to stop tithing he only stated it will not make you rich or take you to heaven as your daddy G.O . do tell your lots.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by MPESA(m): 10:01am On Dec 04, 2021
36STATES:
Useless reno omkri, you are really boring. You fools pretend to know everything about heaven and earth and god. You knew what would provoke your god into action but you don't do it, why? Lets be clear, no one knows anything about god or gods or if he or they exists or not. We have a lot of these crooks all over the place trying to teach us what they have absolutely no clue about. In the part of the world I live, pastors are seen as criminals which is rightly so because they are known to be the greatest and most shameless liers.

You were with foolish Jonathan for years and illiterate Buhari and the Lagos druggie ran you guys literally out of town, and you could not provok your imaginary god into action. You have absolute no shame, you were one of those chicken brains Jonathan surrounded himself with that made him the butt of a joke of everyone.

BMC in action stop crying,abi na Rant Abeg..

You left a topic at hand and start remembering how failure BUHARI-APC are.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nyascobar1414: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:
But there are some church in nigeria whose pastors are not allowed to work eg AG.

I can relate
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by knowhowk: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But the law of sowing and reaping still stand...
. Yeah by working ...
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Life is about believe and Faith. Whatever, you believe on will work for you. Some believe in one baba and pay homage to them while some pay tithe to their pastor because they believe it. Others don't believe in any of them.
Whichever that pays you, you free to do and don't condemn anyone that does not believe in what you believe on. That is my philosophy of life.
If you believe you can fly, would you fly?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by luluman: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2021
adekolaelect:
We know this Reno.Some mumu Christian Bigot will not come here to be librated but if it is anything abt Islam they all will be here to say what will never beneficial to their mesrable lives.
You can't even spell miserable correctly Olodo
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by luluman: 10:22am On Dec 04, 2021
Leverage2021:
I believe this issue is over flogged

Personally I don't do thite because doing so would mean resting on my works instead of Jesus grace

However if people want to do it let them do it, cos even your house can't run without money

The Muslims masturbating here still pay money to jihadists to terrorise the world globally but their problem is thithe
I respect your opionion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Angelfrost(m): 10:31am On Dec 04, 2021
funkymeky:

How did you know? Na wetin dem tell you ?

Google is your friend... It's not something hidden na!

Nigeria is highly religious yet very backward.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Righteousness2(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2021
Reno ! Quit trying to use Human Knowledge in Spiritual things.

Spiritual cannot be measured, calculated or understood with human reasoning.

The Word of GOD works beyond Human limited knowledge.

Your Service to GOD be it Monetary, time, resources of any kind connects you very well to Divine Privileges. Protection, Provisions, intervention, etc.

GOD is not a man! His Workings are beyond man's reasoning.

Your Service to GOD can add to your life.
There are premature deaths ! There are People that are cut off outside GOD'S Plan due to their lifestyle.
Let's Fear GOD and not be used as a container for the devil.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Laeroy(f): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2021
JubrinElSudan:
who are the they that will reward me? Pastor and Church leaders?

Exactly....They're the they that will reward u.......
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by JubrinElSudan: 10:50am On Dec 04, 2021
Laeroy:

Exactly....They're the they that will reward u.......
what kind of reward please?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by porthouse7(f): 10:55am On Dec 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Did he say all pastors?

Perhaps, a criterion is to see a confident pastor who doesnt rely on on earthly securities. I am sure there are others, but the goal is identifying a good soil. The challenge is finding a good soil to tithe.I hope you have learned more.
I didn't learn jack, I can't only tell u to have a continental mindset
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2021
Viltron:

If you believe you can fly, would you fly?
If you don't believe in your hustle that you will make something out of it, you won't do it. Life is all about believe. If you don't believe tithing works, why border those that believe in it, are they collecting money from you to pay the tithe?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by God2man2again(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
I decided not to comment on this issue again.

For about a decade now the argument still continues, I believe, this argument began on this forum, it moved to Facebook and other social media.

Is there any Church that does not pay tithe?

Just mention one Church, that does not pay tithe.

Our Great Great Grandfathers of faith have been paying tithe from time immemorial till they died and up till now, people are still paying.

Finally, no matter what you say on the net or anywhere, tithe is the doctrine of the Church, it is difficult to stop it by merely preaching on the net.

All other comments after this one by me on tithe issues are reserved.

May God help us all.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:09am On Dec 04, 2021
xeju:

Life is not about beliefs and faith. Or can you give us a % ratio of all the things you've believed in this year that came to pass
Can you do a business or job when you know fully well that you cannot make profit from it? Because you believe you can make something out of the business that is why you embark on it but sometimes, the business might fail. That is what life is all about, you believe/ trust on something, you go for it. If it turns out good, fine; if it fails, you try again with other things you believed on.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:17am On Dec 04, 2021
blowjohn:

Yes.
Everything is permissible. But not everything is beneficial
Those that pays the tithe or visit baba lawo will tell you it's benefiting them that is why they indulge in it. Why take panadol in another man's headache? Do they collect your money to pay the tithe or pay homage to baba? I don't know why some of us preoccupied ourselves with something that doesn't concern us.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 04, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Does that make them Levites?

If you like..

No go find work..

You are still a SCAM.. angry
Comprehension na your mate
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 04, 2021
BigYash:
That was then,AG pastors works now o. That was my church,until the internal war between who is to lead began at Okpoto.. I now have my own church.. Lakoko grin
I think student pastors work not full time pastors, once you are given a church you are no longer allowed to work. But I won't disagree with you because most church these days na money minded

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2021
porthouse7:
I didn't learn jack, I can't only tell u to have a continental mindset
You wey never leave your mama house you wan lecture me on continental mindset. grin Joke of the century. When you dont even learn anything in that. What do they teach you kids in school these days? That cognitive part of your brain, where is it?

Please, dont mention me again with this your local mindset that you think is continental. grin Shift one side.

If you rant again, I have no time for you. Goodluck with your shallow mind with fufu brain. grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
If you don't believe in your hustle that you will make something out of it, you won't do it. Life is all about believe. If you don't believe tithing works, why border those that believe in it, are they collecting money from you to pay the tithe?

Well, I've proven my points! Just cos you believe a thing works, doesn't make it work. For all you know, you could be wallowing in ignorance.

I am not against or for tithes payment, but just as other things in life need exposure and enlightenment, so should tithing; it shouldn't be saccrelageous to talk about it.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
athaboi:
Is a total waste of hard earned income! Very myopic people does that.... I will never try it
Very soon your eyes will open and you will eat your words.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Iliya1520: 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Reno u misunderstood the pastor, may be he mean a divine financial protection not a life protection or else.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:

Comprehension na your mate
Professor..

Don't go and find work..

Stay there and be looking for gullible..

Naive and superstitious Nigerians..

To swindle with your fake miracles and deliverances.. angry
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Odidigboigbo(m): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
Viltron:

Well, I've proven my points! Just cos you believe a thing works, doesn't make it work. For all you know, you could be wallowing in ignorance.

I am not against or for tithes payment, but just as other things in life need exposure and enlightenment, so should tithing; it shouldn't be saccrelageous to talk about it.
Things of the spirit cannot be understand by canal man. I'm not for or against Tithing, I'm advocate of believe system. Whatsoever a man believe that works for him, good and fine. I will not condemn it because I don't believe in it.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by adekolaelect(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
luluman:
You can't even spell miserable correctly Olodo
thank you .Is that only what you have to say abt the Topic ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / How God Delivered Me From The Depths Of Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.