Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection (12444 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Pastor Wole Oladiyun: Payment Of Tithe Is For Every Christian / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bitbillionaire: 12:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
In the New Testament dispensation, the Old Testament form of tithing is no longer practical or mandatory; yet despite this, I still belief there is something powerful In making a personal resolution to set aside 10% of your income to give to God in appreciation, and acknowledgement of the fact that He is the ultimate provider, the ultimate source of everything you have.

I must quickly add that if you are not convinced deep within yourself that it's God you are giving that money to then it's better you don't bother giving.

Can tithing provide divine protection? Well, merely paying tithe itself cannot give protection but the spirit with which you pay the tithe can provoke divine protection! Remember God says He will rebuke the devourers for the tither's sake? That means your source of income as a tither and all that belongs to you will be protected from devourers. I see that as all-encompassing protection!

In addition to provoking divine protection I also belief paying tithe can provoke divine favour and grace enabling you achieve what ordinarily would have been impossible for you! Again, it all depends on the spirit with which you pay the tithe.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by athaboi(f): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Dvin:
Very soon your eyes will open and you will eat your words.
I serve God, I don't serve human being so get behind me you Satan
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by porthouse7(f): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You wey never leave your mama house you wan lecture me on continental mindset. grin Joke of the century. When you dont even learn anything in that. What do they teach you kids in school these days? That cognitive part of your brain, where is it?

Please, dont mention me again with this your local mindset that you think is continental. grin Shift one side. 3 continents 12 countries, 3 expired passports, am not in Nigeria presently

If you rant again, I have no time for you. Goodluck with your shallow mind with fufu brain. grin
3 continents 12 countries, 3 expired passports, am not in Nigeria presently.... we are not mate, if u want proof u will get it, go check me out on travel section
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by porthouse7(f): 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You wey never leave your mama house you wan lecture me on continental mindset. grin Joke of the century. When you dont even learn anything in that. What do they teach you kids in school these days? That cognitive part of your brain, where is it?

Please, dont mention me again with this your local mindset that you think is continental. grin Shift one side.

If you rant again, I have no time for you. Goodluck with your shallow mind with fufu brain. grin
fools use abusive words when they don't have intellectual defense
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Willie2015:

Not a waste of hard earned income....
We all have a role to do our part...
Support God,s work...
We can choose to call it any name tithe. Offering....... etc...
The central PRINCIPLE is to GIVE...Just GIVE...
U will set into operation the law of seed and harvest...

Are u saying that if u don't give money to church, the law of seed and harvest won't be activated?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 1:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
bitbillionaire:
In the New Testament dispensation, the Old Testament form of tithing is no longer practical or mandatory; yet despite this, I still belief there is something powerful In making a personal resolution to set aside 10% of your income to give to God in appreciation, and acknowledgement of the fact that He is the ultimate provider, the ultimate source of everything you have.

I must quickly add that if you are not convinced deep within yourself that it's God you are giving that money to then it's better you don't bother giving.

Can tithing provide divine protection? Well, merely paying tithe itself cannot give protection but the spirit with which you pay the tithe can provoke divine protection! Remember God says He will rebuke the devourers for the tither's sake? That means your source of income as a tither and all that belongs to you will be protected from devourers. I see that as all-encompassing protection!

In addition to provoking divine protection I also belief paying tithe can provoke divine favour and grace enabling you achieve what ordinarily would have been impossible for you! Again, it all depends on the spirit with which you pay the tithe.
All this provoke that u are provoking. Pls read Ephesians 1:3, 2 Peter1:3. There was no mention of provoking anything
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Onliie(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
envoymedia:
Reno Omokri has tackled clergymen who teach their church members to pay tithes in church for provide divine protection, IgbereTV reports.

Giving reasons pastors still move around with armed security after preaching that paying of tithe provides divine protection, Reno said it is either the pastors do not pay tithe or do not believe in what they tell members.

He shared this thought on his Instagram page. He wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW8np4sDodo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
No one can kill you before God's ordained time? This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Onliie:
No one can kill you before God's ordained time? This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Have u been killed before Gods ordained time?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
truthstands01:
This Reno should learn to talk on areas of his professionalism and be matured sometimes. Must he delve into every topic either it concerns him or not. That's the character of a low life. In as much as a pastor telling you to pay tithe for protection is not 100% correct but Malachi Chapter 3vs8-12 mandates you to pay your tithe. Its a command from God. If you don't pay your tithe, you rob God. If you pay your tithe and try to keep God's commandments, it attracts a lot of blessings and salvation to you. So, Reno, learn to choose your words wisely when issues about God is involved.
Some people belong to many frivolous clubs and organisations and pay all the dues but when it comes to God, they start talking anyhow. Know it whether you like it or not, paying tithe is of God and you can't do so if the spirit of God is not in you.

I don't no if d God u say u are defending expects u to be insultive (Colossians 4:6). In d end, u couldn't negate anything Reno said

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Iliya1520:
Reno u misunderstood the pastor, may be he mean a divine financial protection not a life protection or else.

What's d difference?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Things of the spirit cannot be understand by canal man. I'm not for or against Tithing, I'm advocate of believe system. Whatsoever a man believe that works for him, good and fine. I will not condemn it because I don't believe in it.
True that! You sound really canal and confused.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by francisj(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
which one be Act 30.....which Bible be that ? lies every where !
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bitbillionaire: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
The bible says faith without work is dead. Meaning, having faith without taking some form of physical action that would enable you embody that faith is useless.

It's not enough to memorize and recite every day some important verses of the bible that talk about how God has already blessed you with all blessings and given you all things, if you don't embody that faith through some physical action you are wasting your time.

I see the habit of giving 10% of your income to God as a demonstration of your faith in God as the ultimate provider of everything you have and will have, and a practical way of showing appreciation to God for everything He has done and will continue to do for you.

And of course, although you give the physical money to church you need to have it at the back of your mind that it's not actually church or pastor you are giving the money to. It is God you give the money and it is God that will reward you.

lexy2014:

All this provoke that u are provoking. Pls read Ephesians 1:3, 2 Peter1:3. There was no mention of provoking anything
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
athaboi:
I serve God, I don't serve human being so get behind me you Satan
By their fruits, we know them.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by jmoore(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
bitbillionaire:

Start making animal sacrifices too.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by jmoore(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Iliya1520:
Reno u misunderstood the pastor, may be he mean a divine financial protection not a life protection or else.

Which type of financial protection? When the top ten richest people in the world don't pay tithe. Which means tithe is currently a scam.

Dangote, the richest in Nigeria is not even a Christian.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by jmoore(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
judedwriter:
Tithe payment is a choice!

Let no pastor cajole, corece, frighten or bewitch you to pay tithes! If you decide not to pay tithes, you live with the consequences if there are any.

I go with pastor Sam Adeyemi on this one.

But as for me I pay tithes because I believe in the law of sowing and reaping.

Archbishop idahosa was reported to have given 90% tithes to God and took 10%. And he had enough money to preach the gospel globally.

What is God's bank account number?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Keemy88(m): 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
YOU LIE!!!! KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOURSELF. LET THOSE WHO BELIEVE TITHE BRINGS DIVING PROTECTION TO DO SO.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
bitbillionaire:
The bible says faith without work is dead. Meaning, having faith without taking some form of physical action that would enable you embody that faith is useless.

It's not enough to memorize and recite every day some important verses of the bible that talk about how God has already blessed you with all blessings and given you all things, if you don't embody that faith through some physical action you are wasting your time.

I see the habit of giving 10% of your income to God as a demonstration of your faith in God as the ultimate provider of everything you have and will have, and a practical way of showing appreciation to God for everything He has done and will continue to do for you.

And of course, although you give the physical money to church you need to have it at the back of your mind that it's not actually church or pastor you are giving the money to. It is God you give the money and it is God that will reward you.

Can u pls tell me the "works" u did for your parents that made take care of u and love u?

What are d "works of faith" u did for your parents that made them bath u, brush your teeth, clean up your poo and feed u?
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by athaboi(f): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Dvin:
By their fruits, we know them.
Oga you have no power to determine what will happen to me...it's only left between me and my almighty God! Jesus has come to bring peace to the world and not your greedy threat about tithing
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by FLYFIRE(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rabio334:
Good one
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by surequality: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Oga Reno Omokri, There is no Acts 30:34 in the Bible!
Beside, if you do not believe in tithing I do. Malachi 3: 8-11 said so.
GOD asked a question in Malachi 3:8. Will a MAN rob GOD? Yet, you have robbed me. But ye say, where have we robbed you? In Tithe and Offering.
If you do not believe in Tithe, I do. Take note of the question GOD the father asked, will a MAN rob GOD?
Oga Reno Omokri, There is no Acts 30:34 in the Bible!
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Leverage2021: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
[s]
bayocanny:

Listen, whenever you want to debate or argue about a discussion, try as much as possible to understand the topics at hand.
How best can you explain the term Jihad?
[/s]
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lookingfly: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:
But there are some church in nigeria whose pastors are not allowed to work eg AG.
oga, go and learn the difference between a levite and pastor.
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by bitbillionaire: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sorry sir, I'm talking to spiritually mature christians who have reached the level of being co-creators with God, not baby 'christians' who need anthropomorphic 'god' that will bath them, brush their teeth, clean up their poo and feed them. grin grin grin. You guys are funny sha.

lexy2014:

Can u pls tell me the "works" u did for your parents that made take care of u and love u?

What are d "works of faith" u did for your parents that made them bath u, brush your teeth, clean up your poo and feed u?

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
bitbillionaire:
Sorry sir, I'm talking to spiritually mature christians who have reached the level of being co-creators with God, not baby 'christians' who need anthropomorphic 'god' that will bath them, brush their teeth, clean up their poo and feed them. grin grin grin. You guys are funny sha.

Are u saying that as the most spiritually mature christian on earth, u can't answer the simple questions?

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
bitbillionaire:

God said something in Isaiah 49:15. It seems that God isn't as spiritually mature as u are

In Matthew 7:11, Jesus made the same analogy. But I guess Jesus wasn't operating up to d level of your spiritual maturity.

U should have as well died for the sins of d world
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Onliie(m): 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
lexy2014:

Spiritual ignorance is worse than disease
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Poleski: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
M
Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection

Yes, tithing only provides "divine" financial protection for the church's bank account. Nothing else!
Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by lexy2014: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
Onliie:
Spiritual ignorance is worse than disease

Whose spiritual ignorance? Spiritual ignorance about what?

Re: Reno Omokri: Paying Of Tithe Cannot Provide Divine Protection by Onliie(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
lexy2014:

Whose spiritual ignorance? Spiritual ignorance about what?

See question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? / Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / The Truth About The Story Of The Woman Who Gave Birth To The Horse-like Creature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.