Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Family Festive Giveaway - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Festive Giveaway (25552 Views)

Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season / Do you envy those Who Have Villages To Visit This Festive Period? / How To Cut Down Excessive Spending These Festive Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
With one of the major contestants already out, predicting the winners should be easy....anybody wanna bet cheesy?
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2021
Supreme145:

That's a nice plan, but then if time permits her slot can still be given to another person maybe among those that indicated interest. Just a suggestion shaa, you're the boss
No one else signified interests in PLAN 1. Any new interest is too late at this point. Voting will be among the other 3 contestants.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Dude397(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

No one else signified interests in PLAN 1. Any new interest is too late at this point. Voting will be among the other 3 contestants.
I'm interested sir
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

Okay boss....makes it easier
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
I tell you my brother.

I can beat my chest that with the recommendations and media presence of one mummymulik, she would be among the chosen two.

I think I concord with you. Since the deadline is tomorrow, I think another participant that indicated interest in the comment sections before should be restored. Probably with the ample deadline of noon tomorrow, the person would be able to structure their business plan.

My humble assertion though undecided

Supreme145:
With one of the major contestants already out, predicting the winners should be easy....anybody wanna bet cheesy?
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
isaiah4life:
I tell you my brother.

I can beat my chest that with the recommendations and media presence of one mummymulik, she would be among the chosen two.

I think I concord with you. Since the deadline is tomorrow, I think another participants that indicated interest in the comment sections should be replaced. Probably they structure their business plan before noon tomorrow.

MummyMalik is not among the contestants. Also no new entries is allowed for PLAN 1. Anyone with a business idea would have indicated interest long before now.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SurvivorM(f): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
Since plan 1 is already settled, I hope to be part of plan 3
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
isaiah4life:
I tell you my brother.

I think I concord with you. Since the deadline is tomorrow, I think another participant that indicated interest in the comment sections before should be restored. Probably with the ample deadline of noon tomorrow, the person would be able to structure their business plan.

MummyMalik won plan 2 effortlessly due to her proven track record of executing such plans and recommendations from other members, with the other lady out its quite stroll in the park for the two IYAs.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:
I have the plans from the 4 candidates and the poll will go live very soon. However, I think there should be some changes. Since @UmmuFarrah has already been gifted 50k by @brryon (unless I'm told otherwise), in the spirit of equity and fairness to the other 3 contestants, I think she does need to be dropped on Technicality. It will not be fair to at least 2 other contestants if she's allowed to compete again and she ends up winning one of the 2 slots.
Therefore, @UmmuFarrah is hereby dropped from the contestants.

Nice one....
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Supreme145:

MummyMalik won plan 2 effortlessly due to her proven track record of executing such plans and recommendations from other members, with the other lady out its quite stroll in the park for the two IYAs.
You're exactly right about MummyMalik, her track record spoke for her. About PLAN 1, none of the 3 is a push over. They all have equal chances.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
UmmuFarrah:

Good evening mama zino, well I actually felt somehow reading from the previous people and it makes kinda wanna opt out plus all the support they've received already I feel like I don't stand a chance and I didn't know we supposed to be campaigning, I wanted to even send it to his email but since it seems this is where it will be truly mattered, that's why. Thanks

What a wonderful woman? Chai... May the God u serve bless u...

U decided to let go but God blessed you indeed
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:
I have the plans from the 4 candidates and the poll will go live very soon. However, I think there should be some changes. Since @UmmuFarrah has already been gifted 50k by @brryon (unless I'm told otherwise), in the spirit of equity and fairness to the other 3 contestants, I think she does need to be dropped on Technicality. It will not be fair to at least 2 other contestants if she's allowed to compete again and she ends up winning one of the 2 slots.

What is fair with your unilateral decision to drop someone you once selected as part of the contestant simply because I promised to credit her account on 12/15/21?

I thought you said the voters would decide and that would have been the true definition of equity.

Just like I stated on my previous post, I was tagged to this post and I still don't know the reason why I was tagged in the first place.

Does this mean that once some gets gifted outside the competition then they get automatically dropped out of the contest?

That's not fairness sir, let the voter's decide.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
Boss, snowland. I meant Iyazainab. The rationale behind my suggestion is because, peradeventure one of the other participants isn't picked, he/she could get funding from other nairalanders. As we saw with that of one of the selected.

With the spread of poll, one is convinced that some ideas might be appealing to some nairalanders.

Boss snowland, others indicated but not in a structured way. They stopped because they were told the spot was closed.

If you open the poll for just one before nightfall, sir. It will be fair and equity would be fully dished.

You be boss sha. It all boiled down to you. He who pays the piper dictate the rhythm of the tune.

Boss wey get brain na boss that person be. You be one. grin

snowland:

MummyMalik is not among the contestants. Also no new entries is allowed for PLAN 1. Anyone with a business idea would have indicated interest long before now.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by UmmuFarrah(f): 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:
It's just like it's also from you, thank you so much for the opportunity. God will continue to bless you. Good luck to others too smiley

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

What is the crime with someone outside the shores of Nigeria preferring to render assistance to his own people back home in Nigeria?

His preference makes him a fu.ckn re.tard and an attention-seeking hoe?

Lo grin

Ignore that bros...... For ur own sake, pls ignore him
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

What is fair with your unilateral decision to drop someone you once selected as part of the contestant simply because I promised to credit her account on 12/15/21?

I thought you said the voters would decide and that would have been the true definition of equity.

Just like I stated on my previous post, I was tagged to this post and I still don't know the reason why I was tagged in the first place.

Does this mean that once some gets gifted outside the competition then they get automatically dropped out of the contest?

Thanks.

Sorry to come in boss, I think snow is still right....

So Dt it can go across to others..... Only left for u to fulfill your promise of which I bliv you will..

Happy Sunday
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

Thanks.
sorry to quote u sir..if you are going to give 50k to that woman(ummufarrah).
then automatically she was disqualified because she really got what she nominated for,so it would be easier for d rest three people to be selected.,

my opinion is if we get another person that would provide#50k to another one person among the three then d last two get automatically qualified..

hope this would be helpful..

@snowland..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

Thanks.

I appreciate your input. What I did to me is the true definition of being fair. You would not have known about her if she had not signified interests and I selected her. Yes, the voters will decide but the game changed when you singled her out of the park and promised her 50k. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you did but it's not fair to the other 3 candidates.
You have your yardstick for choosing her over the other 3 but it puts her in a better financial position over the rest. Allowing her to continue will not only be unfair to the other contestants but also to others that have been asking for help in one way or the other on this same thread.
It would have been a different ball if you had not announced it on here, but since you did, technically she's no longer qualified.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
It was an omission boss. I meant Iyazainab. Mummymulik won based on trust and I saw messages to validate, which was beautiful. She is just too much. Thumbs up to her and her recommender that put his reputation on line.

snowland:

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Supreme145(m): 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

I appreciate your input. What I did to me is the true definition of being fair. You would not have known about her if she had not signified interests and I selected her. Yes, the voters will decide but the game changed when you singled her out of the park and promised her 50k. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you did but it's not fair to the other 3 candidates.
You have your yardstick for choosing her over the other 3 but it puts her in a better financial position over the rest. Allowing her to continue will not only be unfair to the other contestants but also to others that have been asking for help in one way or the other on this same thread.
It would have been a different ball if you had not announced it on here, but since you did, technically she's no longer qualified.
Thank you.
Your decision was the best especially since it was done openly. its fair she's dropped
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
Timekeeper:

Sorry to come in boss, I think snow is still right....

So Dt it can go across to others..... Only left for u to fulfill your promise of which I bliv you will..

Happy Sunday

Rules don't get changed in the middle of a competion.

Once you bring in sentiments in anything then objectivity gets relegated.

I'm only a spectator and can decide what i choose to do but if I was an organizer, then I will stick with the rules and what a spectator does shouldn't influence the rules.

Guess, if a team member gets an endorsement from an organization as their brand ambassador then it is fair to drop the beneficiary out of the team and give others the chance to hopefully get an endorsement too?

1 Like

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
UmmuFarrah:

It's just like it's also from you, thank you so much for the opportunity. God will continue to bless you. Good luck to others too smiley
@UmmuFarrah, I hope you understand why I did what I did. I dont know you from anywhere and I don't know any of the other 3 contestants. I just want a fair and level play ground for everyone. I'm sorry but that is the best course of action with the turn of events.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Your decision was great. It would have been unfair if she had continue. Thumbs up, boss snowland.

snowland:

Thank you.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Timekeeper: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

I'm only a spectator and can decide what i choose to do but if I was an organizer, then I will stick with the rules and what a spectator does shouldn't influence the rules.

Guess, if a team member gets an endorsement from an organization as their brand ambassador then it is fair to drop the beneficiary out of the team and give others the chance to hopefully get an endorsement too?

I understand ur point perfect and you are so right .... Permit me to say an adage " the piper dictates the flow of the tune"...

Sorry for the adage in the presence of elders like you.....

I still support snowland decision since the offer is limited and candidates are more than the chances available
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by superintendents(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

@UmmuFarrah, I hope you understand why I did what I did. I dont know you from anywhere and I don't know any of the other 3 contestants. I just want a fair and level play ground for everyone. I'm sorry but that is the best course of action with the turn of events.
your decision is final..

that was d best bro..

dope.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Orente21(f): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

Well done sir.Ur ways r different & God ll bless u sir. Pls abegi, don't forget us for plan 3. We still dey here.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
I understand your point, sir. If I was a business participant and I was promised money for a competition I opt for, I would step down.

Not because I am foolish, but because my humanity and morality wouldn't allow me deprived another human from getting what I was clamouring for.

byrron:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by SurvivorM(f): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

This thread is getting interesting, since the money haven't been paid to UmmuFarrah the question is Sir on the 15th of this month is it certain that she will receive this fund.
Because if it's not certain like not made in stone then you can say it here so this Mama wont miss this opportunity she has. There is still time before the voting starts.
Sometimes we say things at the heat of the moment without making plans for it, so let's not bite our own tongue
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
snowland:

Thank you.

I respectfully beg to differ with your assertions.

Firstly, I commend you for your act of kindness which supersedes every other conversations going on here.

What I choose to do shouldn't affect the voting process by the umpire but the voter's should be the one to decide.

Voter's would still have naturally voted for someone else but the umpire stepping in to unilaterally disqualify someone when such a person is not in violation of any of the rules isn't fairness in any form or shape.

If someone had gifted one of the BBN participants the same amount of the BBN prize money, then BB is automatically expected to disqulifier the recipient because of the gift such an individual received outside the competition?

Well, I respect your decisions but I don't subscribe to it.

Let the voter's decide and let the umpire count the votes.

Thanks.
Re: Family Festive Giveaway by snowland(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
byrron:

Sometimes we just have to set the rules aside and be objectively human. I don't know any of the 4 contestants from Adam but what I do know is the 4 of them need some fund for their business. If @UmmuFarrah is allowed to continue with the competition and let's say she win the 50k, that puts her at 100k, whereas 1 of the other contestants would be denied. It's unfair to me. I believe in spreading the wealth, rather than having it concentrated within a few.
And going by your example of a member of an organization winning an endorsement, the key words here are "TEAM" and "ORGANIZATION". A team works together to achieve an organizational goal. If a team member wins the endorsement, he or she wins for the team and not for himself/herself. There might be some personal pecks attached to it, but the bottom line is the TEAM won the endorsement.
In the case of this competition, every of the contestants is his own organization and team. They are individual entities.

Besides, the competition has not even started yet. Competition starts when voting start. Then it would be unfair to disqualify her then but at this point any of the other 3 candidates can still be dropped if need be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Festive Giveaway by isaiah4life(m): 4:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Don't be surprised, he might even gift her times three of what he promised. People like him don't just make empty promises.

I saw on a thread where someone gave someone 500k when he promised 5k because people doubted him.

SurvivorM:
This thread is getting interesting, since the money haven't been paid to UmmuFarrah the question is Sir on the 15th of this month is it certain that she will receive this fund.
Because if it's not certain like not made in stone then you can say it here so this Mama wont miss this opportunity she has. There is still time before the voting starts.
Sometimes we say things at the heat of the moment without making plans for it, so let's not bite our own tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.