Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill (22721 Views)

Public Finance Bill: 10 Things You Should Know About It / Buhari Signs 2019 Finance Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5% / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by dasparrow: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nigerians have entered one chance with this government, lol cheesy

Oh well. When we tried to warn you all about Buhari, we were called wailing wailers so enjoy your change. Sai Baba!! Sai Buhari!! grin
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
FarahAideed:

Yes when we open corporate accounts we alwsy submit TIN which is okay but trying to force people with personal accounts to to go and collect TIN and submit same to banks is as a proviso for operating a bank account is criminal

Criminal according to which law? Lawmakers are debating a law they want to pass to solve a certain problem, best you can do is go to court to declare the law unconstitutional.

But no it's an opportunity to talk about Buhari election, as if he's a Senator. If the law is already signed shouting here won't make any difference, go to court.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
BABANGBALI:
God did you create this one too in your own image?

The points raised is far beyond your brain power to process.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
joey150:

You said you pay nearly all your income to the government. I don't have the energy to go back to the quote. I kept pushing for you to explain what that meant. Alas, you never did.

The concept of taxation to increase accountability is simple. if someone directly funds or finances something, they tend to care and pay more attention to it. It's not rocket science.

If I build a house with my money, I will ensure that my tenants don't put my house in danger. If I pay my mechanic to fix my car, I will ensure he has used the money I gave him to buy the required parts he charged me for. etc. I care about these things because my money is involved.

If most citizens pay taxes, they will ensure or at least try to ensure that the roads, schools, hospitals, power, etc that their money was supposed to finance is built.

This is common sense. We've gone back and forth to explain a simple concept. People care where their money goes. Tell Nigerians somebody stole 100 Billion naira of public funds and they don't care. Why should they? Have they contributed directly to the 100 billion, NO!

Lol. I am tired of explaining. Perhaps I should refer you to books if you still don't get it.
Okada riders fvcking pay tax, Joey. Danfo drivers fvcking pay tax and it's levied daily. Keke napep riders fvcking pay tax daily. Sometimes, what they pay is way more than 20-25% of their income, that you pay. The woman who sells in Aswani market, pays a fraction of her income to the local council. The food vendor who has a small stall by the road side, pays money to the local council. Go and stand by the roadside in whatever area you stay, start selling something and see if in days, you won't have the local council members disturbing you who will come and cut ticket for you.

You're so self cut out that you think because you get a cool FIRS/LIRS fancy receipt, that you're better than the man who gets a NURTW sticker on his danfo to ply the road after they've given up a % of their income, you pay your dues, while they don't. You're so fvcking self absorbed because you think you're better than the guy who is taxed informally.

Perhaps I should refer you to books if you still don't get it
No! You stop reading those western economic jargons that doesn't apply to your country and read this: https://www.thecable.ng/report-98-of-businesses-in-nigerias-informal-sector-pay-taxes-but-to-non-state-actors

98% of Nigerians in the informal sector, pay tax. Common sense should simply mean that if the tax bodies are serious, they should harmonize these payments into a central pool and find a way of capturing the the informal sector. This could simply be by capturing those daily levies collected by the local council, NURTW etc. This can be where automation comes to play and can also mean some hard decisions like outlawing collections by these local/state/federal actors, so that the informal sector is not double taxed and pay according to what they earn.

You're so self absorbed that you are literally comparing a pseudo-third world country driven by a largely informal sector to the theories applied in first world countries driven majorly by the formal economy.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by FarahAideed: 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Criminal according to which law? Lawmakers are debating a law they want to pass to solve a certain problem, best you can do is go to court to declare the law unconstitutional.

But no it's an opportunity to talk about Buhari election, as if he's a Senator. If the law is already signed shouting here won't make any difference, go to court.

Buhari a demon criminal
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
FarahAideed:

And you don't know almost 30 percent of the cost of your flight ticket goes to the Nigerian govt ? You should check the breakdown of your international flight fares and see

So that justifies not paying income tax? Those who pay PAYE, dont they have to pay same 30% you claim on the ticket price? Why should business people many who earn more, or rich informal workers not pay income tax if it's the law of the land?
Your position supports law breakers or theft from collective revenue.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

ALL the people I know running big private business don't pay any tax. Some are printers getting contracts worth millions or hundreds of thousands daily. Some run cold room services, some are builders. Apart from a few who get contracts from govt agencies or reputable private companies where they must pay VAT, ALL of them pay zero income tax to their state govt.

Some make millions from each job done within a month or 2.

Some turnover goods worth billions and have bank balance in billions. Go to Lagos island market. They don't even know what income tax is. But they all use the few available public facilities. These are the people we are asking to pay their fair share of the burden of running a modern state not the very poor or unemployed.

That's why smaller economies like SA and Egypt have $130b and $90b govt revenue respectively which can be invested in power projects, medical, education, roads, railway while we are struggling to scrape $25b every year.
This is a stinking lie, tell this to someone else, not me.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 7:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
kmcutez:
I don’t want my taxes going to any Northern government. When we split up, I will gladly pay tax. I try as much as possible to avoid paying stamp duties, by splitting up my payments, even if it cause me more bank charges. Hopefully we win the VAT case so that my money end up in the state I’m residing in, and not to the Federal Government.

But you will drive on Federal roads, call national police for protection and expect customs to guide the border to protect your business from unfair foreign competetion.
Shebi it's leaves they will use to guarantee all these?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by PetroDolla2020: 7:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
Continue to deceive yourself, huh? Since Nigerians heard GDP they have not stopped cheering. Don't get carried away by this GDP thing,huh? What is the point in having a big GDP and yet have poverty all over the place?

I don't care if Ghana's GDP is $1 and yet Ghanaians can have quality education, health care, personal security, good life expectancy etc. Those are more important to me that just citing GDP that in reality means nothing. Paper GDP cool

What is Nigeria's annual budget, compared with Ghana? Ghana's budget for 2022 is $25 bilion. What is Nigeria's annual budget for 2022?

Don't swallow everything they give you. Some of those GDP figures are very questionable. But apparently it makes Nigerians like you very happy. But the reality is there for all to see

You may see Ghana as 'tiny", but Ghanaians don't see themselves as such because they are doing far better on UN Human Development Index

Ovamboland:

Ghana economy is tiny beside Nigeria. After removing their GDP from that of Nigeria we will still be number 1 in Africa still bigger than South Africa.

Now imagine that tiny Ghana having a revenue more than half of that of Nigeria? Yet our economy is more than 6 times or theirs. Shows our tax system is very poor and grossly under performing.
It's not like the average Ghanian is so much richer than the average Nigerian.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

But you will drive on Federal roads, call national police for protection and expect customs to guide the border to protect your business from unfair foreign competetion.
Shebi it's leaves they will use to guarantee all these?

Cry me a river. I’m not going to support Fulanis, Boko Haram and Fulani Herdsmen.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by gudugudumeje: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
THIEVING, STUPID GOVT. & NASS WANTS IT ALL ONCE AT A GO... Tax matters are taken step-wise... Let'em shoot themselves at the legs...2022GBOSA
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
orisa37:
FINANCE BILL VIOLATES CAMA AND COMPANY RIGHTS.

CAMA SHOULD BE REVIEWED INSTEAD.

THERE'S A COMPANY LAW LEGAL CODE, THAT CODE SHOULD BE REVIEWED TOO. THIS FINANCE BILL IS RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY AND MEANT TO TRANSFER FINANCIAL CONTROL TO MACBAN. PLEASE SCRAP IT AND REVIEW ALL EXISTING LAWS.

head turningoniown
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
philip0906:

I get what you're trying to say but it's preposterous. Many of us already pay what you define as considerable amount of income, yet we can't tell what it's used for. Paying or NOT paying taxes is never the way to hold an irresponsible government accountable, that's the point.

Don't die on this hill, my friend. I can assure you that many small scale businesses pay anything from 20-40% of their earnings to government agencies. Step out of your house, enter a keke/bus and ask them how much they pay to NURTW on a daily basis...For many, it's up to 40% of what they earn. So don't go that sneaky route of 200 naira. The question is, 200 naira is % of what? If I earn 2.5 thousand naira daily but end up paying 500 to local council, isn't that up to 20% of my income?

only 13% of income earners in Nigeria are registered to pay income tax. Levies, ground rent, access fees, association dues are not income taxes. They are part of the cost of doing business. Don't conflate the 2.

NURTW is not a govt revenue-generating agency, neither is it an MDA, stop pretending you don't know this already. Iya-loja dues is a traditional institution that is in the throws of it's wit end, neither does such dues enter govtconfers or end up as public funds
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
mbos:

that goes to show how brainless people can be. a billion naira transaction can go wit a loss.... in biz you do not expect profit all the . the transaction may not be for profit,,,,,,,i.e NGOs

When the tax man comes calling you will show how you made losses and your transaction value keeps growing until it hit a billion
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
philip0906:

Are you okay like this? Lmao!!! My post clearly makes reference to Nigerians (both in the informal & formal sector) in the context of taxing proportional to their earnings. You asked a personal question, I answered but you're saying something else. Who ever said TAXES your entire earnings? You well so? Loool

Yes oh! Blame the already hapless citizens who have been stretched to the limits. Blame them until you've drained them the fvck out.

The fact that you are trying to directly draw a correlation with paying taxes and holding leaders accountable, doesn't paint you as being too intelligent. Unemployment rate is at double digits and about to gear up to 40% (official stats. This is way higher) but you want them to pay tax. Lol

Can someone not earning income be asked to pay income tax?

But you can claim to be unemployed and millions of naira keep passing through your account. Are you dealing drugs or laundering money for robbers?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
whalley676:
My question :
Who are eligible to pay tax in Nigeria ?
Does this tax system applicable to unemployed youths, aged people etc.
If yes, how will the system measure their income??

Not possible to tax income if you've not earned.

Rasaq Okoya aged and is over 80 years old, and earns billions every year, should he pay tax?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

only 13% of income earners in Nigeria are registered to pay income tax. Levies, ground rent, access fees, association dues are not income taxes. They are part of the cost of doing business. Don't conflate the 2.

NURTW is not a govt revenue-generating agency, neither is it an MDA, stop pretending you don't know this already. Iya-loja dues is a traditional institution that is in the throws of it's wit end, neither does such dues enter govtconfers or end up as public funds

https://www.thecable.ng/report-98-of-businesses-in-nigerias-informal-sector-pay-taxes-but-to-non-state-actors

This is a report by reputable research firm that alludes to the fact that majority of Nigerian informal businesses pay tax. Nigeria is driven by a largely informal sector(around 60%) and 98% pay their taxes. This report clearly made a recommendation to the tax bodies on how to capture the taxies by the informal sector.

The onus is on the tax authorities to find how to capture those taxes paid.

So you can sink that your theoretical economic jargon down the sink hole. While you live on your high horse of what classifies as tax and trying to draw parity with taxation in the western world driven by a largely formal sector, don’t insult the sensibilities of Nigerians.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Can someone not earning income be asked to pay income tax?

But you can claim to be unemployed and millions of naira keep passing through your account. Are you dealing drugs or laundering money for robbers?
I have zero idea what you’re rambling about. Just don’t come here and chat nonsense, you’ll be bursted.

Take your theories to your fellow Sai barbarians in your respective WhatsApp group.

That thrash, won’t fly here.

1 Like

Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

You Nigerians talk too much lol... Yet ur the poverty capital of the world. Y'all starving to death

Check the GDP figures, these are not emotions, wishes or perception, they are facts
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
philip0906:

Okada riders fvcking pay tax, Joey. Danfo drivers fvcking pay tax and it's levied daily. Keke napep riders fvcking pay tax daily. Sometimes, what they pay is way more than 20-25% of their income, that you pay. The woman who sells in Aswani market, pays a fraction of her income to the local council. The food vendor who has a small stall by the road side, pays money to the local council. Go and stand by the roadside in whatever area you stay, start selling something and see if in days, you won't have the local council members disturbing you who will come and cut ticket for you.

You're so self cut out that you think because you get a cool FIRS/LIRS fancy receipt, that you're better than the man who gets a NURTW sticker on his danfo to ply the road after they've given up a % of their income, you pay your dues, while they don't. You're so fvcking self absorbed because you think you're better than the guy who is taxed informally.

No! You stop reading those western economic jargons that doesn't apply to your country and read this: https://www.thecable.ng/report-98-of-businesses-in-nigerias-informal-sector-pay-taxes-but-to-non-state-actors

98% of Nigerians in the informal sector, pay tax. Common sense should simply mean that if the tax bodies are serious, they should harmonize these payments into a central pool and find a way of capturing the the informal sector. This could simply be by capturing those daily levies collected by the local council, NURTW etc. This can be where automation comes to play and can also mean some hard decisions like outlawing collections by these local/state/federal actors, so that the informal sector is not double taxed and pay according to what they earn.

You're so self absorbed that you are literally comparing a pseudo-third world country driven by a largely informal sector to the theories applied in first world countries driven majorly by the formal economy.

Now that steps are been taken to capture every account for tax purposes you're here cussing and kicking, aren't you negating your own common sense?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Now that steps are been taken to capture every account for tax purposes you're here cussing and kicking, aren't you negating your own common sense?
As long as no one is taxed double of what they pay, no one will raise an eye brow you pvnk.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
philip0906:

This is a stinking lie, tell this to someone else, not me.

That's because you don't know the difference between business registrations, statutory dues, rent, licences, advert dues and income tax.

It's like insisting because you earn monthly salary your employer must provide transport, feeding, clothing, laundry, barbing services to you because you need those to appear at work.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

That's because you don't know the difference between business registrations, statutory dues, rent, licences, advert dues and income tax.

It's like insisting because you earn monthly salary your employer must provide transport, feeding, clothing, laundry, barbing services to you because you need those to appear at work.
Reputable bodies and organizations have alluded to the fact that the informal sector is taxed and they pay.

Why should any sane person then take the worthless theory of a random Sai Babarian serious?

Joke is on you
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Continue to deceive yourself, huh? Since Nigerians heard GDP they have not stopped cheering. Don't get carried away by this GDP thing,huh? What is the point in having a big GDP and yet have poverty all over the place?

I don't care if Ghana's GDP is $1 and yet Ghanaians can have quality education, health care, personal security, good life expectancy etc. Those are more important to me that just citing GDP that in reality means nothing. Paper GDP cool

What is Nigeria's annual budget, compared with Ghana? Ghana's budget for 2022 is $25 bilion. What is Nigeria's annual budget for 2022?

Don't swallow everything they give you. Some of those GDP figures are very questionable. But apparently it makes Nigerians like you very happy. But the reality is there for all to see

You may see Ghana as 'tiny", but Ghanaians don't see themselves as such because they are doing far better on UN Human Development Index

Why are scared of mentioning Nigeria's 2022 budget so we can compare with the $25bn you claim is Ghana's?

The budget is an indication of there revenue you expect, loans you will access and debt you pay back. Come and explain how it makes sense for Ghana and Nigeria to be having a similar budget. At $25bn Ghana is spending $833 per citizen, Nigeria spending $30bn in 2022 is $158 per citizen. And you expect to have better education, healthcare, and infrastructure compared to them?

You like wild dreams a lot, you better go and learn how Ghana is able to raise $25bn from their small economy of $65bn
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by joey150(m): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
philip0906:

I've only laid out a simple concept, that taxes tend to promote accountability. This isn't a first or third world concept, it's a fact. People care where their money goes.

According to your link, 98% of Nigerians paid taxes to 'non-state actors'. Like I mentioned before, these 'taxes' are often paid to charlatans and are merely seen by those that pay it as "the cost of doing business." They have no knowledge where it ends up. How can such people demand accountability from anybody, let alone the government?

If you pay a fee to a local mafia or non-state actor to avoid being harassed or allowed to do business, can you regard it as the income tax a citizen pays to the government as a contribution to the betterment of their society?

Is the intent behind paying an income tax and paying a fraudulent levy to some local slum lord to allow you carry out your business the same?

My point is taxation that is removed from the income of people and is paid by citizens as their contribution to the growth of their country, often encourages them to hold their government accountable.

Petty traders and artisans that are often cajoled to pay fraudulent levies don't see it as their contribution to their country's growth and hence don't treat it as such. Why the government chooses to ignore this daylight robbery is a different matter entirely.

We need a tax system that is both transparent and widespread. Then, people know what their money is used for and who to question.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Wizzzzmike: 10:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Check the GDP figures, these are not emotions, wishes or perception, they are facts

I think ur still learning how to read and understand... Dude GDP is nothing, the real deal is what's happening on ground and the fact is ur the poverty capital of the world.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by philip0906(m): 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
joey150:

According to your link, 98% of Nigerians paid taxes to 'non-state actors'. Like I mentioned before, these 'taxes' are often paid to charlatans and are merely seen by those that pay it as "the cost of doing business." They have no knowledge where it ends up. How can such people demand accountability from anybody, let alone the government?
You've been rambling about the fact that Nigerians don't pay tax.
1. A report by a reputable research firm has debunked that baseless myth and can prove that 98% of the informal sector, pay TAX.
2. The recommendation of that report didn't ask the FG to tax the informal sector but rather asked the FG to capture the informal taxes being payed.

So you can keep going on and on about what not.

If you pay a fee to a local mafia or non-state actor to avoid being harassed or allowed to do business, can you regard it as the income tax a citizen pays to the government as a contribution to the betterment of their society?
Yes! The point is you're referring to these non-state actors who have legislative backings in some instances as mafia. This is troubling. If you can refer to the local council, the NURTW and the likes as a mafia who are backed by the law, then I might as well refer to the FIRS as a terrorist organisation.

Petty traders and artisans that are often cajoled to pay fraudulent levies don't see it as their contribution to their country's growth and hence don't treat it as such. Why the government chooses to ignore this daylight robbery is a different matter entirely.
This is on the government to stop the so-called fraudulent levies.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 10:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Paying taxes does not remove the need for good governance.
Conversely, paying taxes is an adjutant for more responsible governance because I now know the people pay for the cost of governance including the salary of all politicians.

A situation where 80-90% of what a state income is coming from Abuja or Oil, why do I need to care what the people think? I better be in the good books of the president and oil company executives. When election comes I set aside 5k for like 200,000 voters who don't pay tax. Mere 1bn naira to give me the right to spend 250bn as I like every year.
Well. Irresponsible government will always squander tax payers money unless adequate checks and balances are put in place. Has that mechanism been implemented in Nigeria first before wanting to ask everyone to start committing themselves financially? It's because the people don't trust this politicians with their hard earn money. It's more of a trust factor than not willing to pay taxes.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by abbeyfel: 11:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ovamboland:

Ghana pays 12.5% VAT, was 15% till recently, UK pays 17.5% sales tax.
Nigeria pays 7.5% was 5 till last year.

How can 7.5% be more than 12.5%

Ask anyone living in Ghana, you pay 8% tax on your house rent, in Nigeria its 0%.
You pay council tax, sales tax, road tax, income tax etc in UK.
I never said our VAT is the highest. I said we are the most taxed considering all we pay tax on one way or another. From federal to state imposed levies, to all the taxes we pay indirectly with so little to show for it.
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 12:09pm On Dec 15, 2021
abbeyfel:
I never said our VAT is the highest. I said we are the most taxed considering all we pay tax on one way or another. From federal to state imposed levies, to all the taxes we pay indirectly with so little to show for it.

How can we be the most taxed and other countries even in Africa you claim are less taxed have far higher per capita aggregate tax collection compared to NIgeria?

Is that what they call oxymoron
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2021
philip0906:

https://www.thecable.ng/report-98-of-businesses-in-nigerias-informal-sector-pay-taxes-but-to-non-state-actors

This is a report by reputable research firm that alludes to the fact that majority of Nigerian informal businesses pay tax. Nigeria is driven by a largely informal sector(around 60%) and 98% pay their taxes. This report clearly made a recommendation to the tax bodies on how to capture the taxies by the informal sector.

The onus is on the tax authorities to find how to capture those taxes paid.

So you can sink that your theoretical economic jargon down the sink hole. While you live on your high horse of what classifies as tax and trying to draw parity with taxation in the western world driven by a largely formal sector, don’t insult the sensibilities of Nigerians.

Whatever, reputable research firms are not infallible. We still have our commonsense intact.

Total public revenue in Nigeria (est)
FG - $25b
Lagos - $2bn
other 35 states $5b approx
774 LG's $1bn approx

IGR + Oil of entire federation govts
Total of $33bn for 200m people

While Egypt has about $100bn for about 100m people
South Africa has about $150bn for 54m people
Algeria has about $150bn for 43m people
Morocco has about $150bn for 54m people
Ghana has about $15bn for 30m people

Nigeria is the only country out of these raising the least amount per citizen, how do we compete adequately with them when some are spending up to 10 times on each citizen?
Re: No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill by Ovamboland(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
abbeyfel:

Can you state those Federal and state imposed levies and the amount so we won't be vague. Most of those levies are cheap depending on what you want to do, some 500 naira, some 2,000 a year.
In Lagos business premise is 20,000 for a whole year, someone doing business of up to 2m monthly too will say he's over taxed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Passes Sexual Offences Bill, Endorses Life Jail For Rapists / Dino Melaye Reunites With Teddy Betso At Upper Chamber (Photos) / Senator Owie: "Buhari Needs To Be Impeached Now"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.