Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin (38044 Views)

Flee Sexual Sins / Confession Of Sexual Sins At Bishop Obinim's Church By Members (Video) / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by GumGum: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
All sins are equal

False. Murder and petty theft can never be equal. And no where is it stated that all sins are equal. 1 John 5:16-17 should enlighten you.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by headSmasher: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ferdinandu:
Fake pastor read your bible by your self and don't depend on what others tell you. I'm sure people like you never opens their bible for years but they will be first to be giving bible instances they don't even know much about.There was never a time it was sexual sin that sodom was demolished but because of wickedness, remember the destruction started when the people of sodom wanted to kill visitors in Lot's house against Lot's Plea. Solomon sin wasn't because he has 700 wives and 300 concubines but because he allowed his numerous women to lead him astray into worshipping other gods, David's sin was killing an innocent man to cover his tracks after sleeping with his wife, obviously he might have been sleeping with other women. Sampson wasn't committing any sin by loving Delillah, he just innocently trusted the wrong woman. So pick your Bible today fake pastor
Shun bitterness and be open minded, if you want to disagree, disagree logically and reasonably. Check the meaning of sodomy or sodomized, even unbelievers know GOD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sexual perversion read Romans 1:27, and mind you the people of the city want to have sex with the angels (visitors)that were Sodom Genesis 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them[have sex with them] 19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof. they wanted to have gay sex with them that was why presented his virgin daughters to them, I never in post claim Solomon committed sin by marrying multiple woman, his sin was his love for strange women that God commanded the Israelites not to marry. I wish I can help you further, but you seem to be blinded by sentiment because even Bible verses that are glaring and straight forward, you can comprehend . take your own advice, you need it more
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Fr33born(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
All sins are equal

Yes, sin is sin. But, are all sins really equal? Like, the sin of calling someone an Idiot and the sin of Murder are equal?

Well, I don't need you to answer it. Yes, sorry I quoted your comment but I don't really need the answer from you.

Have a great day
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Ogbeniomo: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
headSmasher:
The gOD of Igbo Catholics have spoken, GOD killed Onan for sexual deception, God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for sexual perversion,10 of 12 Solomon kingdoms was handed over to his servant for sexual perversion and marrying of strange women, David son from Bathsheba died, he was chased by Absalom his son sent him away from the throne and slept with his wives on the roof top, David son Amnon raped Tamar, Amnon was killed, destruction came upon Israel all because of David sexual, the only thing that was able to balak to overcome Israel was sexual relationship with the ungodly, sexual sin brought down and consumed Samson, Even various laws of the Bible gave a draconian punishment of death fro sexual sin until CHRIST gave them the room for repentance, even up the now the only reason you can divorce your wife is if she is not a virgin when you marry her.
U made a very good point,but I think u got wrong at last, bible never say u divorce ur wife if she is not a virgin, but except by committing adultery, a lady may live a sinful live and later repent and denounce those sins, how can one divorce her after getting married to her cos she is not a virgin?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by tunize(m): 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
God forgive me oooh so pope is tryna tell us sins are of different scale hmmm na God tell am this one?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Bimpe29: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
Was Pope Francis quoted wrongly or what?
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by headSmasher: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ogbeniomo:
U made a very good point,but I think u got wrong at last, bible never say u divorce ur wife if she is not a virgin, but except by committing adultery, a lady may live a sinful live and later repent and denounce those sins, how can one divorce her after getting married to her cos she is not a virgin?
Please can I have the Bible passage of the except by committing adultery?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Uncletony(m): 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
stiyke:

So David and Solomon soul have been destroyed in he'll?
The guy is sick naa,

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
No wonder. That's y raping minor and sexual abused can never stop in Catholic.

In France alone over 333,000 case of sexual abused took place in Catholic.

What about the rest of the world. Marry , they said no but only few reveren sisters are virgin.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Rhaspody(m): 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
All sins are equal until you sin against the Holy Spirit.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by savysu: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Word of GOD, the Holy Bible says clearly that the wages of sin is Death.

The Word of GOD clearly says Fornicators , adulterers and Unrighteous folks will not see Heaven.
1Corithians 6:9
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Pope says it is not a serious sin.
These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication! it is Evil. It is a terrible sin and will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.

You are arguing with the people that created the book you are quoting...

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
EVERY GOOD STUDENT OF THE BIBLE, KNOWS THAT THE REAL CHURCH OF SATAN ON EARTH, IS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC LODGE, CALLED THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH WITH POPE SEATED OVER IT AS THE ENEMY OF THE WORD OF GOD (THE ANTICHRIST).

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Broveens42(m): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:
Sex is good. It is part of human existence and part of human life. Religion is the phenomenon that made it look bad. Sex outside marriage is not bad. Religion is a scam!

Very big scam
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Tzar(m): 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
CHRISTIANITY IS IN TROUBLE!!!
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
All sins are equal

All sins are not equal. Even common sense will let you know. You killed someone and you cheated on someone. How is that the same?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
kingxsamz:
You need to free yourself from mental slavery if at this age you still believe there's some everlasting furnace somewhere in another realm nobody has seen, where people are being punished for what they did on earth. If you look at it without being emotional or bias, it sounds like some ancient fictional story in some fairy tale novel.
It's only in Christianity that someone will rape and kill a little girl, but will end up in heaven for repenting, while the little girl who was raped and killed will end up in hell for not being a Christian.
Per Catholics, I believe the little girl will not go to hell.

I do agree with you, people do get carried away with mythical beliefs. I don’t have anything against religion but not when someone interprets it at the expense of applying common sense.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Buke26: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
Leverage2021:
This one na political correctness go finish am

Even Catholics just see him as figure head representing his opinions
Na sabi the nonsense wey you dey spill. You think the office of the pope is like that of your daddy GO

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Ever8090: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:

The Word of GOD clearly says Fornicators , adulterers and Unrighteous folks will not see Heaven.
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication! it is Evil. It is a terrible sin and will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.
so you mean the Pope is an antichrist!?...if that is what you mean, I will advice you to respect yourself before you start getting insults on this forum

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by xeju: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
habsydiamond:
The last time I checked, there wasn't anything like a little sin, and that all sins are of equal proportion in front of God.. Abi God don get P. A in the pope ni
Common sense go tell say all sins aren't equal and it also depends on who is offended, be it the father, the son or the holy spirit
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by jagaban1111(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
This is the problem! When u mix AC and BC era together u tend to not know your left from right.
It's a pity.

So David and Solomon soul have been destroyed in he'll?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by kwasoly(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
oshozondii:

https://independent.ng/sexual-sins-is-not-most-serious-sin-pope-francis/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

End time message. Nothing like little sin or big sin, sin na sin and the wages of sin is death.
Nobody is permitted to add or remove anything from the Holy Bible.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by jagaban1111(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
Where did you learn this?

xeju:

Common sense go tell say all sins aren't equal and it also depends on who is offended, be it the father, the son or the holy spirit
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Heterodox(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
stiyke:

Leave dat stupid man

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by jagaban1111(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
stiyke:

This is the problem! When u mix AC and BC era together u tend to not know your left from right.
It's a pity.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Starlight25: 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
Maxymilliano:
The world and everything in it is complicated, the best religion is to have a personal relationship with your creator and embrace humanity

Tirri gbosa for you jere...Get a personal relationship, embrace humanity and live in love....Thats what matters

Most times i look at religion and i see political decisions, confusions and delusions everywhere.
Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by GiantParrot(m): 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Righteousness2:

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

@bolded, thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbour. You should seek forgiveness for telling lies against another person.

The outrage on this thread is an indictment of the Nigerian educational system. That Kanu Nwankwo is not the tallest footballer in history doesn't in anyway make him a short footballer.

Basic reasoning should even make all realize that just as all good works are not equal, then it should be expected that all evil works are not of equal weight. Sexual sin remains a mortal sin and nothing the Pope said contradicts that.

Sexual sins can be forgiven, but the sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. Obviously these sins are not equal. It's amusing that those of the sola scriptura persuasion are ever ready to cherry-pick scripture.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by GiantParrot(m): 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
kwasoly:

End time message. Nothing like little sin or big sin, sin na sin and the wages of sin is death.
Nobody is permitted to add or remove anything from the Holy Bible.

Are you sure you have read this Holy Bible you refer to?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Tobidarker02: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
maiquel:
Just a little sin
Oh
It was a movie right? When we were young
Good old days

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Akanoaaa(m): 6:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
stiyke:

You dey mind that dindinrin...

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by EMONFASHION65: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
The pope Didn't say that sex outside marriage is not a sin But there are some other sin we neglect that are more dangerous than sex outside marriage, like hatred,anger,killing of the innocent unborn and other forms of wickedness.SEX OUTSIDE MARRIAGE IS A MORTAL

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by Amalekki: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
GumGum:

False. Murder and petty theft can never be equal. And no where is it stated that all sins are equal. 1 John 5:16-17 should enlighten you.
Wow I totally forgot about this verse and I have vehemently argued with my buddy that all sins are equal.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin by kingxsamz(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nosayer:

You don't seem to understand what mental enslavement means. Mental slavery is when you believe in an ideology just because it is the latest or the trendy ideology; when you really don't know why you hold on to a certain belief system over another one; when the elitist ideologies, mind-control system and socio-political propaganda rather than first-hand experience, insight or revelation, guides what you believe to be the truth.

Stop misuing the term. You can be an atheist who is mentally enslaved, you can be a mentally enslaved believer in any of the major religions. Mental enslavement is broader than you getting back at Christianity because of that.

I don't even understand your point. undecided
Where in my write up did I say mental enslavement is only reserved for religion or only Christians can be mentally enslaved? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Pastor "Calls God On Phone, Speaks With Him In Church". Photos/Video / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / Shut Churches: Kaduna Christians Back El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.