Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? (19878 Views)

How Man And Woman Can Make Each Other Happy (photo) / Does True Friendship Exist Between Guys And Girls? / 14 Signs He Is A Real Man And Has Control Of His Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
I believe it does happen.

I have a friend who is a lady,single and my age.She and I go swimming together regularly,she tells me of her man problems and asks me for advice from a male perspective.
We're very close,but she and I know where to stop.We once kissed (believe we were both drunk) but we talked about it and decided it was wrong.
I can't even try to envision her undressed,even though I have a chance to see her that way.

It's about respect.If you respect a lady and define boundaries by your actions,there won't be any controversies.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
190:

my best friend is IICE

she doesnt ask me for sex, BB or money

all she wants is speak grammer angry angry

I was wondering when you would show up
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by jerrymoris: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
pure friendship still exist of both sexes because i am in one right now with no string attached but the hardest part is enduring the pressure  from your male close pals who think am not man enough to heat on this female friend of mine
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Emeka72(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
U've said it all. D only way is to regard d other person. For Me, I see most of My class-mates as My family that I can't fumble before them. As 4 most of My female friends, I don't view them as a sex object but as pple who can contribute positively to my life dat's why I don't have only one female friend but more.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by pleep(m): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2011
I hope.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Only possible if they're homosexuals grin grin grin, or they're acquaintances and not friends. grin
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Sijo01(f): 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ Op, its 100% possible. ma Best friend is Male. i tell him wat i cannot even tell ma parents. we swim togeda, eat in d same plate, even slip in d same bed. its so good to be close to d opposite sex.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
There is no such thing. The dynamics of a Man-Woman relationship are too complicated and unpredictable for any sensible person to even admit a possibility of 'pure' friendship between the sexes - all things being equal. And when I say 'all things being equal', I really mean it because that is the crux of the matter.

If there is ZERO attraction between both parties then such a friendship might be possible - but even then the dynamic might change as soon as some attraction is created either due to the dangerous effect of proximity, or due to the increase in social value of either party.

A girl might claim that a particular male friend is 'just a friend', or worse still 'like a brother' - perhaps because the boy isn't so handsome, desireable or well to do. But if he suddenly hits a fortune and upgrades his game - becoming the object of desire of different hot girls and all - the same girl would begin to consider him 'forkable' and then all it takes is for the guy to actively express his willingness. . .and the deed is done. The fact that a guy and a girl hass been 'just friends' for 10 years doesn't mean that they might not end up forking at any point.  as long as they remain in close contact, sex is ALWAYS a possibility - whether it happens tomorrow or next year.

And to a large extent the power to determine whether both 'friends' end up forking or not lies almost totally with the male. If the guy is not attracted to the girl, then sex might never happen. But if he is, and he is sufficiently good looking, rich, charming and seductive, it is almost a mathematical certainty that he SHALL fork the so-called female friend at some point; for how long can a woman resist seduction from an 'able' seducer who is in such close contact with her? Please.

Perhaps the only sort of guys that are safe to leave one's girlfriend or wife with as 'male friends' are those socially awkward, diffident, almost-broke, types that lack the personal and material resources required for successful seduction.

Any misguided man that allows his cherished girlfriend or wife to be close 'friends' with some dangerous guys I know would only have himself to blame. Even nuns and devout 'born-again' ladies  have fallen for these effective seducers' antics, let alone the regular worldly types.

All things being equal, 'pure friendship' between a man and a woman is only possible to the same extent that Monkey and Banana or Goat and Yam can be friends.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by jakesund(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
its not possible, cuz something is bound to come up sooner or later, besides opposite sex in friendship always tend to get madly jealous when the guy/girl sees the other with another person, undecided
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
I'm so sorry about some people's experience here but the truth is that my best friend of all time (and she remains my bestfriend) is a lady and I don't think I've ever thought of violating her, the thought has not even come, though there was this time we almost saw ourselves as lovers but that was just when we were still younger and our friendship was still immature. I also come to understand that dating ourselves would only tear us apart which neither of us is ready to accept. I now call her my sister. I can't continue writing about this but if you have a good friend you'd know what I mean not someone you look at lustfully because everything you see in her looks normal to u even if she was naked before you, and for the guys who keeps ladies as friends and later violate them, please stop! It is better to end up dating them than to violate them, it's really a shame to ur male folks. I've had this friend for over 5years now and she's simply the best and am proud to say it anywhere so learn from me. But don't get me wrong, it's usually the best to end up marrying your bestfriend. U know yourselves the more but not compulsory
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by namdo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
I was on this kind b4 i got married and men there were times that pressure was there but i just told my self i should not do it and moreover i did not fancy her for marriage for some reasons and i kept the friendship, and she's getting married this year and i don't feel any bad about that.

Second: I had a couple of other girl friends, no sex or romance of any sort but when i announced my marriage plans they were not happy. So it's on both ends. You are stronger if you are already married since you already have that sex side settled to some extent.

Third : friendship without sex is possible especially if the relationship is properly defined, maybe business relationship or educationational relationship, etc.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by CrudeOil1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
Can't happen, and count me out.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Xfactoria: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
pro01:

There is no such thing. The dynamics of a Man-Woman relationship are too complicated and unpredictable for any sensible person to even admit a possibility of 'pure' friendship between the sexes - all things being equal. And when I say 'all things being equal', I really mean it because that is the crux of the matter.

If there is ZERO attraction between both parties then such a friendship might be possible - but even then the dynamic might change as soon as some attraction is created either due to the dangerous effect of proximity, or due to the increase in social value of either party.

A girl might claim that a particular male friend is 'just a friend', or worse still 'like a brother' - perhaps because the boy isn't so handsome, desireable or well to do. But if he suddenly hits a fortune and upgrades his game - becoming the object of desire of different hot girls and all - the same girl would begin to consider him 'forkable' and then all it takes is for the guy to actively express his willingness. . .and the deed is done. The fact that a guy and a girl hass been 'just friends' for 10 years doesn't mean that they might not end up forking at any point.  as long as they remain in close contact, sex is ALWAYS a possibility - whether it happens tomorrow or next year.

And to a large extent the power to determine whether both 'friends' end up forking or not lies almost totally with the male. If the guy is not attracted to the girl, then sex might never happen. But if he is, and he is sufficiently good looking, rich, charming and seductive, it is almost a mathematical certainty that he SHALL fork the so-called female friend at some point; for how long can a woman resist seduction from an 'able' seducer who is in such close contact with her? Please.

Perhaps the only sort of guys that are safe to leave one's girlfriend or wife with as 'male friends' are those socially awkward, diffident, almost-broke, types that lack the personal and material resources required for successful seduction.

Any misguided man that allows his cherished girlfriend or wife to be close 'friends' with some dangerous guys I know would only have himself to blame. Even nuns and devout 'born-again' ladies  have fallen for these effective seducers' antics, let alone the regular worldly types.

All things being equal, 'pure friendship' between a man and a woman is only possible to the same extent that Monkey and Banana or Goat and Yam can be friends.

Spot on man! But I still think it is remotely possible, very very rare.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by 190: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
Mynd_44:

I was wondering when you would show up

angry angry
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Sijo01(f): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
Gbyte:

I'm so sorry about some people's experience here but the truth is that my best friend of all time (and she remains my bestfriend) is a lady and I don't think I've ever thought of violating her, the thought has not even come, though there was this time we almost saw ourselves as lovers but that was just when we were still younger and our friendship was still immature. I also come to understand that dating ourselves would only tear us apart which neither of us is ready to accept. I now call her my sister. I can't continue writing about this but if you have a good friend you'd know what I mean not someone you look at lustfully because everything you see in her looks normal to u even if she was unclothed before you, and for the guys who keeps ladies as friends and later violate them, please stop! It is better to end up dating them than to violate them, it's really a shame to your male folks. I've had this friend for over 5years now and she's simply the best and am proud to say it anywhere so learn from me. But don't get me wrong, it's usually the best to end up marrying your bestfriend. U know yourselves the more but not compulsory

U'r d man. just keep it up. i know wat u mean cos am on it. dont even no how to discribe it. its so wonderful.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by omodapson(m): 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
Very possible. Though the thought might cross mind at times but if it is something you have defined well, you'll surely get over it. My best friends are females and we move on well.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
Unless the girl is Fugly
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by inspirizu(m): 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
It can neva hapen lyk dat, it is either d gal wants more dan just friend or d guy.
(Body no b fire wood na)

Av got typical examples of ppl very close lyk dat, They make ppl 2belive therez nurting btw them that they ar just close pals whearas this tin calld S, X iz very much involvd.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Roland17(m): 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
its very difficult especially if both are very attractive, but its not like its impossible.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by acaolly1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
Eree kilaja nbekun se. Something must be attached o jare,
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by drgica74: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
Lets be realistic, it's very unlikely. Even if nothing is happening physical, either of them is nursing something is his/her mind, but no liver to say it.

If you doubt this, then watch the jealousy that follows if any of them flings with another folk.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
A Lady shouldnt make a Hot man a best frnd, they might talk like Saints but are ready to bite at a chance, anyway am married but stil hav a female bestfrnd who my wife also knows, i rely on her esp for advice, cos she's way Intelligent n matured. And i doubt her askn for a relationship.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by deadie(m): 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
I don't understand the stuffs I am reading here. It is almost insulting to me. I have 3 best friends, 1 is male and 2 are female. Me and one has even slept together in the same bed on multiple occasions. They both know my girlfriend and my gf knows them. Even when I tried doing something by the side with another girl because my girlfriend lived far and I hadn't seen her for months, one of my friends felt bad , for my girl and I noticed she almost became cold towards me during that period. She asks me for relationship advice with her male friends also. They are my friends and I simply were more like sisters that sex partners. Will you have sex with your sister? I am in no way attracted to them, and it doesn't mean they are bad looking. So you guys saying it is not possible need to use more portions of your brain. And for the females: if someone despoils you, you should go to the police. You people need to grow up.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by alexola20(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by cantell(m): 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2011
Truth is, friendship btw a man and woman is very difficult. One person is bound to lose control and nothing good comes out of it.
casual friends yes, but tight friendsdon't think so.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by walab: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
There should be limit to there friendship.If a lady wants to really know that her male friend is trust worthy,she should try and seduce her if the guy will not fall.What most of the ladies do not know is that,the guys think about it(, ) but do not know how to present or execute it.If opportunity presents itself guys will not slack.The best thing is:while making friends with guys use your sense and know your LIMITS
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by sylve11: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
hard to see, even to believe cool
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by CHIMSKY(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
While we are about this let us not forget that we are all made of flesh and blood.Ladies,men are visualy oriented creatures.they may never tell u they'd fancy u that way but never forget its at the back of their minds.women might want what they called a platonic relationship.Since I was in school i have never been able to figure that out because to a man thins are white or black not orange,grey,beige,mauve,lemon etc.given the right circumstances,just like predators they will pounce.Dont push ur luck.Caveat Emptor!
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Emeka72(m): 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2011
I tell you that true friendship exists between Girls § Boys if u are doubting it, confirm from schools and churches.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by Dextra(f): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2011
Yes, it's so possible. It all depends on d circumstance u ppl met and the set rules involved. If u meet a guy in a club who admires ur sexy curves there's no way platonic r/s can occur, it's different when u both grew up in d same compound or went to same primary school or met in a very safe environment. I have great male friends.
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by initiate: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
It is possible for women but not for men and this thing is all about desire

a woman can be sincerely friendly with a man once she knows she has no emotional or physical desire for him

but a man can desire any woman, given the right circumstances
Re: Does Pure Friendship Exist Between A Man And A Woman? by initiate: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
“Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.”
Oscar Wilde

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MI's Valentine Message To Agbani Darego / Whats Your Star Sign ? Check In To See Your Match. / I Fu,ck Dis Girl For My Church Toilet Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.