Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra (68264 Views)

Train Driving Through Busy Yaba Market (video) / Driving Through The Lagos International Airport Road (pics, Video) / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by PetroDolla2020: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
oh please! You really believe the crap you wrote? grin

Well, obviously I know more about Nigeria than you,huh? the federal govt started a pilot in some states for feeding students, but as usual the whole project was swallowed by corruption grin

The nigerian government has never provided free books or free uniforms. stop spreading lies,huh? grin

GeneralDae:

Nigerian Government also provide all these things. Buhari's Government even started feeding the children as well (don't know if they've stopped because they were criticized for it). If you don't believe me, search it out yourself.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

Well, obviously I know more about Nigeria than you,huh? the federal govt started a pilot in some states for feeding students, but as usual the whole project was swallowed by corruption grin

The nigerian government has never provided free books or free uniforms. stop spreading lies,huh? grin

You know more about Nigeria than me but you don't know that education is free in Government schools? Ever heard of Federal Government College and schools like that?

You know that Nigeria is also about her states and state Governments (with their own budgets for education, health, etc) as well and not just the Federal Government right? If that is the case why compare Nigeria to Ghana?
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by PetroDolla2020: 9:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
are all schools in nigeria federal colleges?

The problem with Nigerian is that they don't want to accept reality. they will lies to themselves, as if so doing will make things better. and yet you see your country going down and down. wise up. shine your eyes

no wonder some university graduates in your country can't speak or write good English grin
GeneralDae:

You know more about Nigeria than me but you don't know that education is free in Government schools? Ever heard of Federal Government College and schools like that?

You know that Nigeria is also about her states and state Governments (with their own budgets for education, health, etc) as well and not just the Federal Government right? If that is the case why compare Nigeria to Ghana?

Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

are all schools in nigeria federal colleges?

The problem with Nigerian is that they don't want to accept reality. they will lies to themselves, as if so doing will make things better. and yet you see your country going down and down. wise up. shine your eyes

no wonder some university graduates in your country can't speak or write good English grin
See who is talking, pot calling Kettle black grin. Do Ghanaians even speak English? You speak Twi, so what does English have to do with what we are saying?
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by PetroDolla2020: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
you are a big disaapointment to your family, yourself and your country.

Tell me, is English your first language? If English is not your first language, then shut up! Don't know why nigerians cant stop disgracing themselves and talking trash all the time grin

[s]
GeneralDae:

See who is talking, pot calling Kettle black grin. Do Ghanaians even speak English? You speak Twi, so what does English have to do with what we are saying?
[/s]
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
you are a big disaapointment to your family, yourself and your country.

Tell me, is English your first language? If English is not your first language, then shut up! Don't know why nigerians cant stop disgracing themselves and talking trash all the time grin

[s][/s]
But you were the one who brought up English here. Abi your brain don dey pain you?
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by nwadikeokey11: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

Honestly I'm not happy the way things are in Nigeria, because by both human and natural resources only a few countries of Europe, America and Asia should be more developed and better than Nigeria and no African country, not even South Africa or Egypt should come close, let alone Ghana, but for rogues who calls themselves politicians Ghanians now brags and insults Nigeria and Nigerians any how. I will never talk down on Ghana but the truth is, if relocating from Nigeria to go live in another country means that i have to move to Ghana i will rather move from Lagos where i currently reside to my village, reason been that i had visited Accra Ghana in 2017 and to be very honest i couldn't believe that that was the over hyped capital of Ghana because there was absolutely nothing, not even one thing that impressed me about it. Well i wouldn't know, perhaps that could be because i had bin to several developed cities of the world, including some capitals in Africa and i must earnestly state here that Accra was the least developed of all. Nigeria may be a shithole but then it can never be in the same league with Ghana. You have said it here many times how Nigerians are many in your Ghana but are you aware that your citizens are far more in Nigeria than Nigerians in your country? I love and respect Ghanians and citizens of other countries but this boastful habits of Ghanians trying to compare or compete with Nigeria and Nigerians is so insulting to say the least.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
nwadikeokey11:
Honestly I'm not happy the way things are in Nigeria, because by both human and natural resources only a few countries of Europe, America and Asia should be more developed and better than Nigeria and no African country, not even South Africa or Egypt should come close, let alone Ghana, but for rogues who calls themselves politicians Ghanians now brags and insults Nigeria and Nigerians any how. I will never talk down on Ghana but the truth is, if relocating from Nigeria to go live in another country means that i have to move to Ghana i will rather move from Lagos where i currently reside to my village, reason been that i had visited Accra Ghana in 2017 and to be very honest i couldn't believe that that was the over hyped capital of Ghana because there was absolutely nothing, not even one thing that impressed me about it. Well i wouldn't know, perhaps that could be because i had bin to several developed cities of the world, including some capitals in Africa and i must earnestly state here that Accra was the least developed of all. Nigeria may be a shithole but then it can never be in the same league with Ghana. You have said it here many times how Nigerians are many in your Ghana but are you aware that your citizens are far more in Nigeria than Nigerians in your country? I love and respect Ghanians and citizens of other countries but this boastful habits of Ghanians trying to compare or compete with Nigeria and Nigerians is so insulting to say the least.
Tell them o, dem nor know say Ghanians full PortHarcourt, Deltastate, Lagos, and other places. Just that they are usually quiet and low key.
Anyway concerning your visit to Accra in 2017, do you think the capital may have improved under their new president? Maybe the man is performing wonders making Ghana probably better than it was in 2017.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by PetroDolla2020: 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
Let me educate you, huh? do you know the prosperity of a country is not measured by how nice or beautiful its cities look? Do you know Norway is considered a very rich country? Do you know why? It is because Norway has the best cities in the world? Have you been to Norway before. Well, Norway is my second home.

You see, the greatest resource of any country is not its gold, oil etc. It is about living conditions of the people. The United Nations Human Development Index. There are universally accepted indices to measure how prosperous a country is,huh?

What is life expectancy?
how secured are human lives?
how many hours of electricity do the people get in a day?
how many of its citizens are gainfully employed?
how many people have access to clean, potable water?
what is the quality of education?
how many people live in poverty?

[s]
nwadikeokey11:
[/s]
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by PetroDolla2020: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
what has that got to with the stvpid question you asked. Yes, Ghanaians speak twi, Ga and many other languages. same for you nigerians

[s]
GeneralDae:

But you were the one who brought up English here. Abi your brain don dey pain you?
[/s]
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by nwadikeokey11: 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
Let me educate you, huh? do you know the prosperity of a country is not measured by how nice or beautiful its cities look? Do you know Norway is considered a very rich country? Do you know why? It is because Norway has the best cities in the world? Have you been to Norway before. Well, Norway is my second home.

You see, the greatest resource of any country is not its gold, oil etc. It is about living conditions of the people. The United Nations Human Development Index. There are universally accepted indices to measure how prosperous a country is,huh?

What is life expectancy?
how secured are human lives?
how many hours of electricity do the people get in a day?
how many of its citizens are gainfully employed?
how many people have access to clean, potable water?
what is the quality of education?
how many people live in poverty?

[s][/s]
Don't even go there bro. In Africa alone Ghana can never come any where close to been a rich country, that's impossible, and to say Ghana is as rich as NIGERIA not to talk of been richer is to be among evil most evil. It is like saying Ghana is richer than the USA, India, China and other countries with bigger population. Or don't you know that because of Ghanas small population you are likely to have more poor people in the USA, China and India than in Ghana? And does that mean Ghana is now richer than those counties? Of course you know that's impossible. The reason Nigerians in Ghana seems many is because most of them are doing well in business and other things whereas over 98% Ghanians in Nigeria are just too poor that no one notices them.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
what have you been smoking? Must be pawpaw leaves,huh? By the way, who told you Nigeria is a rich country? grin grin don't ever say that again grin Nigeria is NOT a rich country, and the tragedy of Nigeria is that it is becoming poorer and poorer each passing year. grin

By the way, how do you measure how rich a country is? Yes, in your opinion, what are the indicators or factors that define a rich country and a poor country? grin I hope yo won't come tell me it is determined by how many posh cars you find on the streets grin or how tall the gele of their women are grin or how people throw lavish parties and block roads grin

as I stated, the wealth of a country is measured about how well the people of the country are doing. Key indicators like life expectancy, personal security, access to water, electricity, jobs, quality education, quality health care etc etc.

go the UN Human Development Index, which provides ranking of countries around the world. You will weep to see how lowly Nigeria is rated grin

stop deceiving yourself that Nigeria is a "rich" country grin by the way, nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Ghana, with its $1 GDP attracts more FDI than nigeria, chai grin

Nigerians in Ghana are doing well? who told you? grin most of them are pr0stitutes and armed robbers grin Ghana's jails are overflowing with your nigerian brothers and sister grin

Nigerians are doing well in Ghana, but cannot do well in Nigeria? and their country is now a shambolic shiithole grin grin grin oh dear oh dear grin

[s][/s]
They say Nigeria has 206 million people, and out of that, approximately 100 million live in poverty according to them. Even if that is true for the sake of argument, that would still leave us with 106 million Nigerians who don't live in poverty. That is already more than 3 times the size of Ghana. Why do you choose to ignore the 106 million people but focus on the other half?
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by GeneralDae: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
PetroDolla2020:

stop deceiving yourself, huh?
are you aware that 90 percent of Nigerians survive on less than a dollar per day?
Tell me, what is salary of a federal employee in Nigeria today? grin
i was shocked to know that about 70 percent of federal employees are paid less than 100,000 naira per month. In Ghana, the least paid government employee is paid more than double that. grin

Okay, Nigeria is doing great,huh? But let me ask you these questions?
1. why are people being killed in nigeria and so much violence if indeed the country is doing well? grin
2. why are millions of Nigerians now running to Ghana, a country they rubbished and continue to rubbish being 'poor"? grin
[s][/s]

are you aware that 90 percent of Nigerians survive on less than a dollar per day?
Can you show me where you got this from? Or its' from your ass as usual.

why are people being killed in nigeria and so much violence if indeed the country is doing well? grin
Nigeria is not doing well in that aspect.

why are millions of Nigerians now running to Ghana, a country they rubbished and continue to rubbish being 'poor"? grin
This is another Hogwash. Why are Indians everywhere? Nigerians are even more in Cameroon than Ghana, and they are also in Gambia, Togo, Liberia, etc.
Liberians are not running from their country like Ghanians who are all over Hamburg in Germany, and also all over Nigeria. Does that make Liberia more developed than Ghana?
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by silibaba: 5:20am On Jan 11, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
RUBBISH TALK cool "They pay fees per day instead of per term". where did you get that nonsense from?

You are not aware of the free SHS policy of the current government? in addition to not paying fees, students enjoy free food, free uniforms and free books grin

someone posted dormitories of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I couldn't eat for days grin

I don't know why nigerians don't want to accept their current realities grin

You like telling yourself lies, as if that will somehow change the terrible state of affairs grin

[s][/s]
except is a recent developments.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by nwadikeokey11: 8:43am On Jan 11, 2022
PetroDolla2020:
what have you been smoking? Must be pawpaw leaves,huh? By the way, who told you Nigeria is a rich country? grin grin don't ever say that again grin Nigeria is NOT a rich country, and the tragedy of Nigeria is that it is becoming poorer and poorer each passing year. grin

By the way, how do you measure how rich a country is? Yes, in your opinion, what are the indicators or factors that define a rich country and a poor country? grin I hope yo won't come tell me it is determined by how many posh cars you find on the streets grin or how tall the gele of their women are grin or how people throw lavish parties and block roads grin

as I stated, the wealth of a country is measured about how well the people of the country are doing. Key indicators like life expectancy, personal security, access to water, electricity, jobs, quality education, quality health care etc etc.

go the UN Human Development Index, which provides ranking of countries around the world. You will weep to see how lowly Nigeria is rated grin

stop deceiving yourself that Nigeria is a "rich" country grin by the way, nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Ghana, with its $1 GDP attracts more FDI than nigeria, chai grin

Nigerians in Ghana are doing well? who told you? grin most of them are pr0stitutes and armed robbers grin Ghana's jails are overflowing with your nigerian brothers and sister grin

Nigerians are doing well in Ghana, but cannot do well in Nigeria? and their country is now a shambolic shiithole grin grin grin oh dear oh dear grin

and while Nigeria's economy is going down, its population is booming. That is recipe for disaster. Nigeria will have the third largest population in the world grin grin grin grin

[s][/s]
I see you lack manners and proper education. Ghana is among the poorest of the poor both as a country and individuals, you people are so poor that it shows all over you and your poor capital the moment one arrives there so, get lost from here, you desert monkey from a lowly poverty ridden Ghana, you worth no response from me, nitwit. I repeat, i will rather relocate to my village because that will be far more better than move to a useless poor local village called Ghana, can't even go over there again on tourism let alone going to live in that gutterhole country. I have most of your poor citizens cleaning gutters and garbages for a living here, dirty things. This my last response to you dummy.
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by seco1: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
@Nwadikeokey11, please stop responding to any of these Ghanaians, it's a big DISRESPECT comparing Ghana with Nigeria. Nigerians shouldn't be arguing or comparing with any of these people, it saddens me when I see this on nairaland.
Ghana!!!!!!!!! They should be comparing themselves with their fellow smaller countries like Togo, Benin Republic etc
Re: Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra by nwadikeokey11: 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
seco1:
@Nwadikeokey11, please stop responding to any of these Ghanaians, it's a big DISRESPECT comparing Ghana with Nigeria. Nigerians shouldn't be arguing or comparing with any of these people, it saddens me when I see this on nairaland.
Ghana!!!!!!!!! They should be comparing themselves with their fellow smaller countries like Togo, Benin Republic etc
My brother the thing tire me honestly. I have never responded to any of them here or any where before but as they keep talking rubbish here all the time, I asked myself, which of the Ghana are these people really talking about? The one I have visited before in West Africa here abi there's another Ghana may be in America or Asia? Though I have decided never to respond to that one ever again no matter what he typed here. I far prefer and would rather live in Cote D'lvoire than Ghana. Ghana is far too local to be compared to Nigeria, is really a big insult as you said bro. As much as I'm not impressed with the present situations of things in Nigeria but it can never come down to Ghana level, because no matter how bad a cow purges it can never be reduced to the size of a goat, that's impossible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.