Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? (15597 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Men, Would You Hire A Male Nanny For Your Daughter? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 11:14am On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

This is how you see housewives? They do nothing but collect gifts?
women with entitled mentality. That is how I see them.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2021
eazzzy1:
It would be a privilege to retire early and be a stay home dad aka househusband. I would really love to be very active in the life of my kids. Drop and pick them from school, take them to their games, have a hot plate await them when they return from school etc.

I won’t want to be a househusband without money though because women do not treat kindly men without money. I think we will see more men willing to be househusbands when more women are willing to provide for their families without a grudge.

To get the average woman to contribute 50% for the upkeep of their families is still a tug of war talk less of being the sole provider. If a woman has to solely provide for her home she doesn’t need the man and she will show him clearly in words and in deeds.

bold
Something tells me that you will be a great father, loving and loved dearly.

blue
In many countries governments encourage fathers to look after their children temporarily. While the mother stays at home after delivery for 6-12 months, the father can stay with the kids for some months afterwards. Or if the mother is not breastfeeding, he can take over few weeks after delivery.

I love fathers to be more involved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 11:20am On Dec 12, 2021
ShaqFu:
women with entitled mentality. That is how I see them.

But someone has to stay at home temporarily with a newborn.

3 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 11:23am On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

But someone has to stay at home temporarily with a newborn.
that's the keyword, not full time. Remember newborn won't stay newborn forever.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2021
ShaqFu:
that's the keyword, not full time. Remember newborn won't stay newborn forever.

I understand.

Would you be willing to stay for a few moths at home with your newborn?

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by faithfull18(f): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2021
wunmi590:

Abeg, I can't the burden of house chores those woman carry is not easy...

Women are trying, they are uniquely and specially made for that by God....
Thank you, most men wouldn't survive for a month.

Women deserve serious appreciation.

They do the work of cook, this is some people's career for crying out loud, they are paid for it.

They do laundry, some people's full time job.

They take care of children - Nannies are heavily paid in the west, it's a full time job.

They clean the house, mehn, let's not get started.

All these in addition to holding down full time jobs and businesses.

If you doing all these alone for yourself, it's not easy not to talk about caring and cleaning after 2 and more.

If we swap gender roles, most men can't survive. Women deserve everything good abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 12:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

I understand.

Would you be willing to stay for a few moths at home with your newborn?
Of course yes, why won't I.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by NoToPile: 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
faithfull18:

They do the work of cook, this is some people's career for crying out loud, they are paid for it.

They take care of children - Nannies are heavily paid in the west, it's a full time job.

If you doing all these alone for yourself, it's not easy not to talk about caring and cleaning after 2 and more.

If we swap gender roles, most men can't survive. Women deserve everything good abeg.

The bolded is the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by wunmi590(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
faithfull18:

You made a valid point, i used to think house chores are easy, not until I get married and it started telling on my wife, couple with a baby ooo..

God bless every hard working married women out there.

8 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
faithfull18:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Did you conduct a research? Please kindly share your findings, thank you as you do.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
NoToPile:

The bolded is the truth.
the truth according to who or whom?

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2021
ShaqFu:
Of course yes, why won't I.

Don't know. Some men and women think it's a woman's job to look after the baby.

I am beginning to think that there is quite a number of men who would like to get more involved in childcare and that maybe it's us ladies who are not open enough to that idea.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 12:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
faithfull18:

But would we swap? There are some men right here on this thread who are open to the idea of staying at home temporarily. Can we say the same about the ladies?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

Don't know. Some men and women think it's a woman's job to look after the baby.

I am beginning to think that there is quite a number of men who would like to get more involved in childcare and that maybe it's us ladies who are not open enough to that idea.
well we still live in a very traditional society so I'm not surprise. The men who tow that line of thought have broken the shackles of traditional thinking.

I have friends who took time of their various jobs to take care of their newborn.

As for women who still believe in that archaic kind of reasoning. I want to believe they hold firm to their belief because of what they gain from it, but like you said, maybe

3 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2021
ShaqFu:
well we still live in a very traditional society so I'm not surprise. The men who tow that line of thought have broken the shackles of traditional thinking.

I have friends who took time of their various jobs to take care of their newborn.

As for women who still believe in that archaic kind of reasoning. I want to believe they hold firm to their belief because of what they gain from it, but like you said, maybe

bold
I'm very much interested in their reasons why they would not share maternity/fraternity leave with their husbands if they are not breastfeeding for 18 or 24 months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ShaqFu: 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

bold
I'm very much interested in their reasons why they would not share maternity/fraternity leave with their husbands if they are not breastfeeding for 18 or 24 months.
perhaps you can conduct a personal research to ascertain this.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
ShaqFu:
perhaps you can conduct a personal research to ascertain this.

Or you open a thread. cheesy
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
....I will gladly stay once she can provide all my needs, pamper me,buy me gifts and offcourse get me pregnant. grin

Is gonna be very sweet.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Opeyemiextra(f): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....I will gladly stay once she can provide all my needs, pamper me,buy me gifts and offcourse get me pregnant. grin

Is gonna be very sweet.

You are even ready for the pregnancy part. Interesting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mariangeles(f): 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
wunmi590:

You made a valid point, i used to think house chores are easy for until I get married and it started telling on my wife, couple with a baby ooo..

God bless every hard working married woman out there.

I’ve been noticing your comments.
You are the best husband on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

You are even ready for the pregnancy part. Interesting cheesy
......Lol. Yes Oo. As a house band
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:

Is gonna be very sweet.

Men do not pamper in first place.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Men do not pamper in first place.
....Ha. Nne na only that one you see? grin.
I pamper my own wife so she has to do same.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mariangeles(f): 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Ha. Nne na only that one you see? grin.
I pamper my own wife so she has to do same.

Women pamper their men more na. And men love to be babied by their women. cheesy

They only form macho online. grin

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Women pamper their men more na. And men love to be babied by their women. cheesy

They only form macho online. grin
...Inukwa!. If she can do all I stated,then I'm ready.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by eazzzy1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hathor5:

bold
Something tells me that you will be a great father, loving and loved dearly.

blue
In many countries governments encourage fathers to look after their children temporarily. While the mother stays at home after delivery for 6-12 months, the father can stay with the kids for some months afterwards. Or if the mother is not breastfeeding, he can take over few weeks after delivery.

I love fathers to be more involved.

Bold
Lol thanks, I do hope to be a good father someday.

Blue
Yes some countries have 5 weeks paternity leave with benefits. Both parents must do everything they can to be involved in their kids lives, especially during their developmental years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by sammirano: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
Not in this life
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post:
So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?

There is no table that will be turn around here . God has made it to be like that and so shall it be
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Elidrisy20: 3:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
I'm not married, so this is not my problem
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by nnenwa5: 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

You like to dey twist things!

You either answer the question or you create a thread asking yours. undecided

Some men are at war with women, so they make it a battle. Later they will say women play the victim card.

5 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Johel(m): 3:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post:
So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?

A man has his roles to play in home keeping and general house maintenance,there's nothing I can't do for love but to the right one only.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by nnenwa5: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
Interesting thread, but as usual they will make it a man vs woman battle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady With Shut Tubes Gives Birth Naturally After 3 Failed IVFs / Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.