Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? (15651 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Men, Would You Hire A Male Nanny For Your Daughter? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Prenonjebose: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
No way. It's not in an average man's Gene to be relegated to waitng on the woman. Personally, I love doing house chores whenever I am less busy. I also enjoy doting on kids. Infact, I am a favourite with kids. But, the ability to be in charge of a greater percentage of my family's finance makes a lot of difference in my family dynamics.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Fiscus105(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post: most men at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?

@bolded
Correction: most of guys kids here and not men. Hope you know different between kids and man?

Meanwhile, back to ur question. You as a woman did u wish to be house wife? Did you know implications to be one?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Any man that can't provide for his family, should willingly submit himself to be house-husband

Anything short of that will lead to trouble marriage
any man that cant provide for his family is not worthy of being a husband. You have to also question a woman willing to marry a man who cant provide.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Timekeeper: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:
Who can even stand a househusband!?

grin grin grin

How far.. U never drop anything oooo
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by ceejayluv(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
No FUC|KING WAY!!!
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by harmargedon: 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post:
So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by MiaBeer(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?
There’s nothing like househusband. If you’re looking to confuse a man to stay home so you will go out and service other men, Good For You

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by dingbang(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
I want to be house husband with 120billion. I will employ sexy maids.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Alusiizizi(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Questions:
1) Which world did you come from, where bitches are breadwinners?
2) Why would any self-respecting man be interested in being a "househusband", whatever that means?
3) How did this stvpid post make it to the front page?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Artbydris(m): 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
I wouldn't want to be in that position.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by chronique(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Not possible. Me wey if woman use her money do small thing for house, I go begin de feel uncomfortable. My ego is too large to be a house husband.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Gee64: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
No.

I like being in charge!
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
This na rubbish topic na? Bring good and educational things for people to gain. Maybe you guys just want traffic
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Negroid001(m): 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ok this is a good one. Depends tho. I like having strong ties with family.
The person that mentored me in animation is a stay at home dad. He does most of his work at home, even has a studio and office at home. He rarely goes out except it's a hangout or family outing thingy. This lifestyle is very okay by me.

As for me, already following that path already, setting up my studio bit by bit at home here. Even now, only proposals, meetings, dates with my girlfriend and once in a while collaborations takes me out. I don't know if my wife would want the stay at home thing and it's fine. I always say its also not compulsory for her to work too. Everything na planning.... As for me, except maybe work demand, I'm cool at home. I don't even like going out.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by udemzyudex(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
frozen70:

Any man that can't provide for his family, should willingly submit himself to be house-husband

Anything short of that will lead to trouble marriage

Wrong,most women will still nag for being the one providing everything even when the husband is a house-husband, we have seen cases of women after providing for some months begin to Insult and do all sort of things to their husband just because they are no the breadwinner of the house.

So how then do you assume anything sort of that will lead to a trouble marriage? The fact is, even if the husband submit himself or not, as long as he is no longer the breadwinner, there will always be trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
JeffreyJunior:
If I'm married to Oprah Winfrey, why not.

If my wife na billionaire, no be for me to relax dey carry sidechick up and down remain, who work epp? cheesy
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
I would do what i have to do, to support my family., even if it means being the one at home, the kids are everything, they are the true masters and i am there to protect and help them, as they teach me. cool cool cool

Humble yourself before your wife and kids, it means a lot.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Originalsly: 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
crackhaus:

The real question should be, how many of you Nigerian females are willing to be the providers saddled with househusbands?

Why not start your own thread?

@ topic. I strongly believe men and women are wired differently.... that men are wired to be providers ..... and women wired to be nourishers ... the way it has been traditionally. I cannot see myself as a house husband .... should circumstances change. While she is at work ... no doubt ... I can see myself doing some of the basic housekeeping...... in my mind it will be helping out a little .... then I be gone ... out hustling.... somehow.... but I will not be trying to play her role .... it's not in my DNA.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mayeldah(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
Women are not good providers so that role switch won't work for most Africans

You won't know how wicked a woman is until she is the breadwinner, 99% of them falls into this category

if a man wants peace of mind and a little honour, let him provide for his family

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Adadioranma79(f): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
You are a clown grin

ShaqFu:
baseless assumptions, this is what this post of yours is all about.

Learn to back whatever you say with concrete fact/proof.

PS: Come to think of it. It'll be nice to just lay back and relax and ask the wife to buy you the latest phone, latest ride, latest clothes and the likes and also, you get to chase the family of the wife away anytime they come knocking. grin

Afterall, the privileges of the housewife should be extended to the house husband, isn't life beautiful. grin
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Parizz: 4:04pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:
Who can even stand a househusband!?
will you work when you get married?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
smiley smiley smiley Women are not wicked, maybe we are the ones making them wicked.
Mayeldah:
Women are not good providers so that role switch won't work for most Africans

You won't know how wicked a woman is until she is the breadwinner, 99% of them falls into this category

if a man wants peace of mind and a little honour, let him provide for his family

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Truvelisback(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
The disadvantages and disrespect from her will be too much. I can't stand it. It's abnormal. I got to a have job no matter how little my earning may be.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by marsup: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
The annoying trend these days is ....... A man is jobless, and the woman takes up the role of providing for the family, but he still expects her to go to work, make the money, and still come home to doing chores and cooking, when the woman complains, you hear shit like, " you don't respect me, because you are making money now".
Shut up... They don't respect you because, your lazy ass is so selfish, and narcissistic. The natural order is for men to be the bread winners, if you can't live up to that, well the Bible says, you are worse than an infidel. If you don't have a job and money as a man, and your wife is providing for the time being, help out with other things, and balance the equation.

4 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Boss13: 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

When you use words you don't understand - "unprecedented". What is the percentage of these house-husbands compared to provider. Don't use words you cannot defend
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by xynerise: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Don't create what nature didn't create grin

There is no word as House husband in all the languages of the world. It is just not normal grin
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Parizz: 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mariangeles:

Realistically? I’d say none!

Do some of you guys have anything else going on in your heads aside fvkc? undecided
What has sex got to do with it?

What is shameful is being a househusband.
Maria why are you talking like this, I know you have a high sex drive
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
I agree, the kids need a kind and thoughtful father, who will protect and assure them, even the woman.

Protection is not by fighting other people, but by being there, is assuring.

marsup:
The annoying trend these days is ....... A man is jobless, and the woman takes up the role of providing for the family, but he still expects her to go to work, make the money, and still come home to doing chores and cooking, when the woman complains, you hear shit like, " you don't respect me, because you are making money now".
Shut up... They don't respect you because, your lazy ass is so selfish, and narcissistic. The natural order is for men to be the bread winners, if you can't live up to that, well the Bible says, you are worse than an infidel. If you don't have a job and money as a man, and your wife is providing for the time being, help out with other things, and balance the equation.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Mariangeles(f): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2021
marsup:

I like monikers that are non binary on nairaland. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / How Are Nigerian Weddings Funded? / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.