Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? (15685 Views)

Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Men, Would You Hire A Male Nanny For Your Daughter? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hathor5:

My job is easier than taking care of a baby 24/7. It's not my fault your job sucks.

And I won't believe for a second that you were taking care of your sister's newborn kid 24/7. grin

I never said 24/7 because I was also going to technical school so i had days off. You made a point that men don't know how hard it is and I am making a point that some men actually do, especially those that lived with their elder brothers, elder sisters or grand parents. We went through that experience and we are domesticated, so we know what it is about.

Taking care of kids is hard, I know. But If you think it's harder than working 9 to 5, then you are probably not earning well enough because a job that pays you good money takes some mental or physical stress. That's why presidents grow grey hair just 4 years in the office, It's not wisdom, it is stress.

I have done both rigorously and I know which one I would choose, so women cannot boast for me about it.

The fact you women want to be a victim in everything in life is so crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Munzy14(m): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Mariangeles:

I remember some guys constantly chyking one of the male food posters because they thought he was a female. cheesy
Ndi umu nwoke hugburuhu onwe ha. cheesy

Males do it more.
At some point, it became a trend among them. The whole thing was just a mess.
grin grin grin
Thats normal normal naa...Nwoke kwesiri i chyke na...Some mitiri better half ha o tu ahu.. grin

And i mahu na it is easier to find it here based on the person's contributions to issues here...no matter how incognito we found ourselves on this forum, Someone somewhere is observing and following.

When you type as a human, it depicts a mindset..And your mindset determines your life setting.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2021
truthsayer009:

I never said 24/7 because I was also going to technical school so i had days off. You made a point that men don't know how hard it is and I am making a point that some men actually do, especially those that lived with their elder brothers, elder sisters or grand parents. We went through that experience and we are domesticated, so we know what it is about.

Taking care of kids is hard, I know. But If you think it's harder than working 9 to 5, then you are probably not earning well enough because a job that pays you good money takes some mental or physical stress.That's why presidents grow grey hair just 4 years in the office, It's not wisdom, it is stress.

I have done both rigorously and I know which one I would choose, so women cannot boast for me about it.

The fact you women want to be a victim in everything in life is so crazy.

Please stop making senseless assumptions and assertions.

I am earning better than a bricklayer and yet my job won't wear me out like his.

Presidents grow grey hair because they are aging and because of genes, not because of stress.

Whatever you have done or not done, come back when you have children of your own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2021
Hathor5:

Please stop making senseless assumptions and assertions.

I am earning better than a bricklayer and yet my job won't wear me out like his.

Presidents grow grey hair because they are aging and because of genes, not because of stress.

Whatever you have done or not done, come back when you have children of your own.

You earn better than a bricklayer --- LMAO! is that what you compare yourself to

You women are always deflecting once you see someone has been able to come to par with all your victimization.

Please which job are you doing in Lagos or Abuja that is paying well that you aren't stressing physically or mentally?

- Is it being a Banker?
- Is it being a Marketing Manager?
- Is it being a Manager in an Oil and Gas company?
- Is it being an Engineer, be it mechanical or software engineering?
- Is it Human Resource Manager at a Tech company? Please tell us.
- Or is it Medical front line workers exposed to Covid-19 situations in hospitals?

Even common Customer Care Work in Lagos Banks and Companies are hell of a mental stress, talk more of managerial duties.

Go and ask people who do Auditing in banks or Oil and Gas companies, let them tell you the stress, then compare it to taking care of kids.

People on this platform that are clamoring for Work-From-Home opportunities, do you think they are happy leaving their homes every day and facing stress of going to work?

Please tell us the mental and physical stress you get from taking care of a child that you put to sleep after bathing and breast feeding to rest and chill until the child wakes up again and then you go on with your routine. That is why House Wives are always very bored.

Madame you no get any point, abeg rest!

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by chigomiced: 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post:
So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?

Like it or not

Gender roles has been changing over the last decade..

Even in the work place..

Women now ride okada and Keke even bolt self....

So I think men should bE open to the idea of househusbandship cheesy.

But I wouldn't advice the man to be a full time house husband though...

Me Sha still dey enjoy my 50-50 relationship .....
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by chigomiced: 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
We know that traditionally, women are saddled with the responsibility of running and taking care of the home hence the title home makers while their male counterparts provide what is needed to run the home, hence the title, providers. These roles are taken seriously and failures by either party would be termed as irresponsibility.

But in recent times, we have seen an unprecedented shift and fluidity in these roles and how they are played. Women are now providers and sometimes even breadwinners while men have also been involved in running the home especially with child care. This has generated debates with some still holding on to the traditional role division.

To the reason for this post:
So, most men, at least on this platform, complain of women only wanting them because of what they can bring to the table. If the tables are turned, as a man, would you be a househusband while your wife provides?
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Hathor5(f): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2021
truthsayer009:

You earn better than a bricklayer --- LMAO! is that what you compare yourself to

You women are always deflecting once you see someone has been able to come to par with all your victimization.

Please which job are you doing in Lagos or Abuja that is paying well that you aren't stressing physically or mentally?

- Is it being a Banker?
- Is it being a Marketing Manager?
- Is it being a Manager in an Oil and Gas company?
- Is it being an Engineer, be it mechanical or software engineering?
- Is it Human Resource Manager at a Tech company? Please tell us.
- Or is it Medical front line workers exposed to Covid-19 situations in hospitals?

Even common Customer Care Work in Lagos Banks and Companies are hell of a mental stress, talk more of managerial duties.

Go and ask people who do Auditing in banks or Oil and Gas companies, let them tell you the stress, then compare it to taking care of kids.

People on this platform that are clamoring for Work-From-Home opportunities, do you think they are happy leaving their homes every day and facing stress of going to work?

Please tell us the mental and physical stress you get from taking care of a child that you put to sleep after bathing and breast feeding to rest and chill until the child wakes up again and then you go on with your routine. That is why House Wives are always very bored.

Madame you no get any point, abeg rest!

I can't compare myself to a bricklayer but you can compare yourself to a president? grin grin

And then you act like you know what it means to care for a newborn just because you used to live with your sister who had a baby? cheesy

Please grow up first and then mention me again. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 17, 2021
Ishilove:

We are not programmed to be providers but nurturers. That's our default role

And who did this "programming" undecided

2 Likes

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ishilove:

We are not programmed to be providers but nurturers. That's our default role

I love this angle of your argument, I can't lie. The worrisome thing is I can also argue that men are programmed to be polygamous, seeing that God never opposed polygamy at all in the old testament, he just let humans roll as they please.
Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Karleb(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2021
Get me a couple of helpers, get me video game. I will happily accept the offer.

1 Like

Re: Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 25, 2021
Hathor5:

https://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/22/health/presidents-gray/index.html#:~:text=Their%20hair%20turned%20gray%20during,it%20should%2C%E2%80%9D%20says%20Dr.

Don't be ignorant okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband's Affair and the Bellview Plane Crash / I Need Answers From Married People Only! / Father Tortures Daughter For Being A 'Witch'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.