Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,958 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? (12446 Views)

Why Nigerian spinsters should be finacially independent. / The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Sects Of Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by semidaraeb(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2011
Very intresting opinions, I will say she should pray about it and leave it to GOD, she is not to old am sure she will get someone good soon
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Sweetnecta: 11:28am On Jun 14, 2011
@Okooyinbo; « #24 on: Yesterday at 05:44:04 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: MRbrownJAY on Yesterday at 04:48:16 PM
@poster
thats what happen when women play hard to get.
i would say that these men only approach her to fukc her and, when she makes no intention to give away the toto, they bounce out as there is no other reason to stay with her.

my question are:
- is she beautiful?
- do you mean to say that she is comfortable, and yet, not even POOR/GOLDDIGGING men want to be with her?
- how long do these guys stay along before bouncing?
- how "desperate" is she? some are scary out there and that may be her problem aka talk marriage after a few dates!

T_his person might be right with his assumptions,

upendo 98 (f)

Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.?
« #3 on: Today at 12:32:37 »
There's something missing in this story.  A jig saw puzzle. Let me try.

I don't believe any reasonable /real man in this modern world would want to turn down a financially stable spinster that is good in character.
Its bad enough for her to be desperate.How old is she anyway.Which guy wants a desperate woman however succesfull?
Could it be the reason she's bringing them into her apartment? Men can tell at times a desperate woman and they hate to be 'trapped'
Now now now.That car. I was waiting to hear she bought it. She needs to clear the air on that coz whether she likes it or not,if shes telling every guy she meets that it was a gift from her employer?esp.male?? well thy will judge her wrongly.
Tell her never to tell a guy it was a gift from her employer especially if it was a male.
Oh and finally.If say she's discloses hw much she earns and then she takes the guys to her house, a typical person me included will try to reconcile what I see with what she earns.You can't live like a King yet you earn peanuts you know.( btw,even in banks there are diffrent departmnts from managerial to cashiers).
I have a feeling that the guys are either intimidated or they are finding it hard to reconcile what they see with her position/salary in the bank.
Could she be living a lifestyle not worth her income??
Then tell her to stop bringing them into the house.Meet in some cafe.

Cheers and goodluck to her.  

I think your friend should talk to the person quoted above. She seems to understand how the game is played.

BTW Solomto, does your friend speaks Yoruba. Just curious and maybe,  Anyway, 28 is far tooooooooooooooooo young for me, else I would have thrown my hat into the ring as well.

Summary of what others have said, that I feel she should do:

- Stop appearing desperate (Dont talk of marriage so early)
- Break loose from the traders ring and widen her horizon ( Fun places, discos, library, beaches)
- stop playing "holy mary"

Goodluck on her search sha.[/Quote]what dialect that you wrote in, in your second post; ondo? why will a 28 year old woman be toooooooooooooooo young? do you know the benefit to an older man marrying a woman who is at least years younger than him? a possible whole decade of a lifetime tag on his life. a full age woman; 18 and above is fair game as long as there is marriage involved.

my man, if you are truly okooyinbo, oyinbo ages terribly. you need to get a toooooooooooooooo young one as long she is over 18. and the bavarians with their ritualistic oktober 1st beer binging age fast.

a 28 year old african woman would make your world go around, faster, easier and more exciting!
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2011
dustydee:

Any man that is intimidated by a womans success is not man enough for that woman. I will advise her to be prayerful and humble and also show signs of submisiveness. No man will want to marry an arrogant lady.

It's funny how we like to arrive at such simplistic conclusions. . .words like 'intimidated', 'insecure', 'inferiority complex', and 'low self-esteem' do not do really address the heart of the issue - if anything, they merely make the woman in question feel better about herself.

The truth is that no sane man would be 'intimidated' by the mere fact of a woman's success - in itself. The fact that a woman is successful (or in simple, straight-forward terms: has MONEY) is not in itself what scares men away. Rather, it is the notion that such women OFTEN tend to be disrespectful and unsubmissive to their husbands - especially when the husbands are on the same or lower financial standing. Lets get this fact very very clear.

In most parts of Africa (including Nigeria), the issue of the man being the head of the home is taken VERY seriously; society expects the man to be the provider for his home, and for his wife and children to accord him full respect and submission in line with his headship. But experience has shown that in situations where the wife earns as much as or even more than the man, she becomes uncontrollable, and overtly challenges the man's authority. This is a fact, and most African men cannot tolerate this.

Secondly, even if the man is willing to tolerate the fact that his wife is the breadwinner in their marriage, he must deal with the INEVITABLE societal scorn that neighbours, relatives, in-laws and friends would visit on him (e.g 'na im wife dey feed am oh'; 'na im wife dey pay their house rent oh, 'u dey call yourself man. . .u wey ur wife dey give money', etc.). These are very real challenges faced by such unfortunate men whose wives are richer than. The rest of us see these things everyday. I know of my friend's neighbour whose wife locks out of the house and seizes the car key whenever they have a fight, why? She pays the rent and bought the car. . .and the man is the very queit type oh. These things are too rampant, and sensible men know this. Even women who are pampered and provided for by their men still try to manipulate and dominate them, let alone a women who pays the bills. Let's face the damn truth: it is almost impossible for a more successful wife to be loyal, submissive and respectful to her husband. That is the crux of the matter. It has very little to do with intimidation, inferiority complex, or insecurity. Throwing such words around does not address the real issues. What does 'insecurity' mean? When a person's fears are unfounded, then yes we can say he is 'insecure'. But when such fears are genuine, rational, and their occurrence is almost inevitable, then to what extent can you say the person is 'insecure' or 'intimidated'? People misuse these words too much these days.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sleekman(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
pro01:

It's funny how we like to arrive at such simplistic conclusions. . .words like 'intimidated', 'insecure', 'inferiority complex', and 'low self-esteem' do not do really address the heart of the issue - if anything, they merely make the woman in question feel better about herself.

The truth is that no sane man would be 'intimidated' by the mere fact of a woman's success - in itself. The fact that a woman is successful (or in simple, straight-forward terms: has MONEY) is not in itself what scares men away. Rather, it is the notion that such women OFTEN tend to be disrespectful and unsubmissive to their husbands - especially when the husbands are on the same or lower financial standing. Lets get this fact very very clear.

In most parts of Africa (including Nigeria), the issue of the man being the head of the home is taken VERY seriously; society expects the man to be the provider for his home, and for his wife and children to accord him full respect and submission in line with his headship. But experience has shown that in situations where the wife earns as much as or even more than the man, she becomes uncontrollable, and overtly challenges the man's authority. This is a fact, and most African men cannot tolerate this.

Secondly, even if the man is willing to tolerate the fact that his wife is the breadwinner in their marriage, he must deal with the INEVITABLE societal scorn that neighbours, relatives, in-laws and friends would visit on him (e.g 'na im wife dey feed am oh'; 'na im wife dey pay their house rent oh, 'u dey call yourself man. . .u wey your wife dey give money', etc.). These are very real challenges faced by such unfortunate men whose wives are richer than. The rest of us see these things everyday. I know of my friend's neighbour whose wife locks out of the house and seizes the car key whenever they have a fight, why? She pays the rent and bought the car. . .and the man is the very queit type oh. These things are too rampant, and sensible men know this. Even women who are pampered and provided for by their men still try to manipulate and dominate them, let alone a women who pays the bills. Let's face the damn truth: it is almost impossible for a more successful wife to be loyal, submissive and respectful to her husband. That is the crux of the matter. It has very little to do with intimidation, inferiority complex, or insecurity. Throwing such words around does not address the real issues. What does 'insecurity' mean? When a person's fears are unfounded, then yes we can say he is 'insecure'. But when such fears are genuine, rational, and their occurrence is almost inevitable, then to what extent can you say the person is 'insecure' or 'intimidated'? People misuse these words too much these days.

Very well said. I love your proper definition of 'insecurity'. Ladies & Gents pls take note.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by aparata: 12:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
abeg give me her phone no i wan talk to her personally
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by DaDoctor: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
[b]HERE I COME I AGAIN,

IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD ESPECIALLY WHERE I COME FROM, SPINSTERS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO LEAVE ALONE OR IN 'GANG' OF LADIES.

EVEN IF SHE IS WORKING FAR OFF FROM SUPERVISION SHE IS SUPPOSE TO STAY WITH A FAMILY MEMEBER (FAR OR NEAR)- AT LEAST FOR GUIDANCE AND MONITORING OF EXCESSES AS NEED BE

ALSO, WOMEN ARE SUPPOSE TO LOOK GOOD, BUT SO MUCH EXPENSIVENESS IS NOT TOLERATED AS MOST MEN WOULD WANT A MODERATE PERSON(FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHY SHOULD AN SBO FOR INSTANCE BE DRIVING A JEEP WORTH SAY 5MIL AND ABOVE?). THESE MONIES COULD BE SAVED TILL SHE GETS HOOKED AND THEN START THE SPREE, IT MAKE THE MAN MORE UNCOMFORTABLE, I BELIEVE IT IS BETTER SHE USE THE MONEY (IF IT IS EXCESS) TO FURTHER HER EDUCATION AND KNOW IT IS STILL OKAY(THOUGH THIS MAY BE ANOTHER CRITERIA)

MORESO, THESE LADIES ARE JUST TOO BOASTFUL OF WHAT THEY AHVE GOT AND THIS SCARES THE POTENTIAL MAN AWAY(HE ONLY RUNS AWAY AFTER HAVING HER AND TOYING WITH HER IN MOST CASES), OR CAUSE HIM TO PRETEND AND TURN HER TO AN ATM, AND THE RELATIONSHIP WILL EVENTUALLY DIE AND THE GIRL HURTS.

FURTERMORE, THE LIFE STYLE OF MOST OF THESE SOCIETY LADIES ISNT GOOD AT ALL, EXCESSIVE CLUBBING, WEARS, CARS, MAKE UPS, PRIDE TO MENTION BUT A FEW.

IN  REALITY THE PRIDE OF A WOMAN IS THE MAN (HUSBAND) AND VICE VERSA. THESE LADIES HAVENT LEARNT THEIR LESSONS YET AS MOST OF THEM DONT EVEN HAVE THE CHARACTER TO BACK THEIR WEALTH UP, AND CHARACTER IS ALMOST EVERYTHING, IF NOT EVERYTHING.

THESE LADIES JUST END UP SETTLING DOWN WITH ANY MAN AT AN OLD AGE.

I THINK THESE ARE THE FEW CAUSES I AM SAYING THIS COS I HAD BANKING EXPERIENCE AND KNOW THIS IS PREVALENT IN THAT INDUSTRY, THOUGH FEW EXCEPTIONS EXIST, AS SOME LITTLE GALS GET MARRIED WHILE THE SOCIETAL LADIES REMAIN THERE AND TEND TO SEEK TO HAVE A CHILD OUT OF WEDLOCK, YET THEY HAVENT LOOKED OUT TO SEE WHAT THE CASE /ISSUE WITH THEM WAS.

MODERATION IS THE KEY IN EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY FOR A LDY /SPINSTER, THIS IS NAIJA, WE HAVE WAT WE LOOK OUT FOR,

IF A LADY IS RIDING A JEEP, SHE SHOULD WAITH FOR A MAN WITH A PLANE (SORRY THATS THE MENATLITY)

I ADVISE THEY KEEP IT LOW TILL THEY MARRY, AND THEY NEED AN ATTITUDE OVERHAUL TOO COS THEY THINK MONEY IS EVERYTHING AND CAN BUY ANY MAN, BUT IT IS JUST IN A RARE CASE THAT THIS IS REAL,

THE MEN HAVE THE SAY AND THE CHOICE, TO A LARGE EXTENT COMPARED TO THE SPINSTERS, THATS WHY THERE ARE THE ONES CRYING OUT LOUD HERE.[/b]
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Patsey: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
@ Da Doctor: What's the shouting about?

@ Poster: Potential suitors, in my opinion, may not be scared by how rich these comfortable sisters are, but with the source of their comfort/wealth. Many of us are too familiar with stories of how these sisters working in Nigerian banks allegedly  'sleep' around with potential depositors in order to meet set targets. Who would want to end up with these so-called comfortable sisters who might continue to ply their trade even after the wedlock?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by DaDoctor: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
@patsey, IF I NO SHOUTH DEM NO GO HEAR AM, The rate is too much now, it has gotten to the stage that they subdue their subordinates in the office so that he clicks in.

no mind me o!!!!!! i dey pathetic
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sunnyprof: 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
Nothing to worry about, don't be desperate.  Be happy with your life. That's what God has given you so far. He will give you the remaining
Live your life but be humble despite your achievements, respect your man.
Don't marry a man you do not love, no matter how you feel the pressure.

Pray to your God and Wait for God's time (don't patronize anybody for prayer pls). Nobody ever regrets being patient.
He will send the man because marriage is one of his handworks, He is glorified when we get it. I believe He has a plan about that for you.
But when you see the man, and you know he is, forget any other consideration and go ahead to marry him, you don't know God's plan.

However, don't just get tied to your job, your house or your ''ummarried condition". Free yourself as if nothing is wrong
Move out sometimes, drive out to some public occassion alone (not with friends so no one thinks you are their mother)
Let friends recommend someone to you sometimes, even male acquitances can (its always a good link, but make sure the person pass the test of 'Time')
When you attend public functions, go alone. Some guys will spot you and start asking questions.

Every man that comes should be a 'suspect'; he could be the one or he is only attracted to you for other reasons.
But be calm, just go along as a sweet sixteen (no need for sex) take time to prove your hearts,  time heals. He could just be a friend and not a lover.
Make him pass thro the tests of 'test of friends', 'Pastor's test', 'parental test' and finally the 'test of time' but more importantly, Do you love him?
Pass through the
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Olaisrich(m): 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
@ Da Doctor God bless you! pls tell them more! some of them that  want to be like BEYONCE and RIHANNA needs to jump into the plane and and find their way to Yankee. What surprised me most
is that when you talk like this some dudes will be thinking that you have a prejudise against female folks,
education has done a lot of impact on the issue of giving women equal right,and i want to beleive
that is the reason women were emerged as the Speakers in some states house of Assemblies{if is
not politicts}but on a larger scale, there is still some moral and cultural values that African men is holding.
My question is this, why can't the eligible lady folks study the behaviour of men in her habitat?
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by DaDoctor: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
[b]@olaisrich, simple, they think that money can get them evrything, [/b]and that is wrong of them, THEY MAY WAKE UP WHEN THEY ARE CLOCKING 39

thanks for your commendation, at least i know we have people of the same school of tot here.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sunnyprof: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
Nothing to worry about, don't be desperate.  Be happy with your life. That's what God has given you so far. He will give you the remaining
Live your life but be humble despite your achievements, respect your man.
Don't marry a man you do not love, no matter how you feel the pressure.

Pray to your God and Wait for God's time (don't patronize anybody for prayer pls). Nobody ever regrets being patient.
He will send the man because marriage is one of his handworks, He is glorified when we get it. I believe He has a plan about that for you.
But when you see the man, and you know he is, forget any other consideration and go ahead to marry him, you don't know God's plan.

However, don't just get tied to your job, your house or your ''ummarried condition". Free yourself as if nothing is wrong
Move out sometimes, drive out to some public occassion alone (not with friends so no one thinks you are their mother)
Let friends recommend someone to you sometimes, even male acquitances can (its always a good link, but make sure the person pass the test of 'Time')
When you attend public functions, go alone. Some guys will spot you and start asking questions.

Every man that comes should be a 'suspect'; he could be the one or he is only attracted to you for other reasons.
But be calm, just go along as a sweet sixteen (no need for sex) take time to prove your hearts,  time heals. He could just be a friend and not a lover.
Make him pass thro the tests of 'test of friends', 'Pastor's test', 'parental test' and finally the 'test of time' but more importantly, Do you love him?
Pass through the
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by ushafe(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
actually , i dnt like havin banker as a wife, nt the money that is my problem,
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by BABE3: 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
It's coz of their yeye Ego. The funny thing is they can't even back it up---sad!

Tell your friend to aim higher--senators, ministers and co-- you understand now, those kind of paroles. Birds of a feather flock together. Egbe eye le'ye wo to. Tell her to avoid Gala hawkers and them people.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by 190: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by jaybee3(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
Same reason why some men get overly intimidated by women whom are more successful than them.
errrmm errrmmm errrrmmmm i think that word is . . . . . . EGO
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sleekman(m): 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
Patsey:

@ Da Doctor: What's the shouting about?

@ Poster: Potential suitors, in my opinion, may not be scared by how rich these comfortable sisters are, but with the source of their comfort/wealth. Many of us are too familiar with stories of how these sisters working in Nigerian banks allegedly  'sleep' around with potential depositors in order to meet set targets. Who would want to end up with these so-called comfortable sisters who might continue to ply their trade even after the wedlock?

Gbam! My brother u hit the nail on da head. I rather go for a single lady in a conservative mini flat and a conservative car(even if its new). Most of these bank ladies especially the marketers will have to market themselves too not just their banks wares. Imagine a single working lady that lives in a highbrow area e.g Lekki Ph1 whose rent was probably paid for by one aristo looking to get married? I dey laff in Pidgin.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sleekman(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
BABE!:

It's coz of their yeye Ego. The funny thing is they can't even back it up---sad!

Tell your friend to aim higher--senators, ministers and co-- you understand now, those kind of paroles. Birds of a feather flock together. Egbe eye le'ye wo to. Tell her to avoid Gala hawkers and them people.

Is this the same male bashing babe? What level of bush meat are you now? Bush Pig? No to expensive. Grasscutter? No to sweet. Rabbit? probably rabbit or maybe 'ovbiotor' (bush rat). U better tie a man down now O. Otherwise u'll be 45 and forcefully luring.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by upendo98(f): 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
some reasoning my God.

I wish I could take some men on a tour and see some women that are so well mannered,humble,working hard not lazy,waiting for a man to buy them every lil thing including innerwear/sanitary stuff and basic basic things, as I just heard! Spinsters that love their parents sooo much they live on their own and support their families.Their houses are not brothels no. Well I have such for friends and we build each other.
They live according to their means and are not vain at all.They are simple and kind.
Just cz you live in a dog society doesn't mean you become a dog.Seriously  dont know where some people live where women arent supposed to live on their own and pay rent while they wait for the right kind of man. In this worldI think this shocked me the most.
We are all passing judgement based on this lady's story bt there are pretty, well mannered,humble,well respected,God fearing,moneyed ladies that respect men out there and know the role of a man.They dont intimidate men. They respect them and wait 4 the right one to come.
Look out for them and get rid of that caveman mentality that says women stay in you mums house till your 30! How are u going to manage finances in marriage if you have never seen a bill? if you haven't felt the pain of paying bills? you will be reckless and not very economical cz ur used to being done things for and you dnt know the sweat it takes to put bread on the table.
If all the women u ever met living alone were promiscous,sorry you are soo wrong judging all of them.Take a walk and see well .

God help us .
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by bknight: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
if u're sure she's ok in atittude, then she must've bn harrassing the confidence outta insecure folksgrin if too sophisticated&artificial bt if they dnt run soon after meeting her,seeing her car etc, n her aura isnt so intimidating so, they go visit her,maybe its got to do wit hygiene? jst sayin cos it'l b unlikely for one reason to be responsible.hwever, deeper life ministery wil welcome a new convert
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by DaDoctor: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
Please spare us those insults of dog society bla bla bla,

Tour to where e get where people neva reach? Do u think NL's are that poor?

The point remains that you have a point just like we do, but every society has its peculiarity which may be traceable to its norms and beliefs and upon vetting can be seen to be real and binding as well.

Yes even here in naija a few GOOD RICH LADIES EXIST, BUT THE QUESTION IS WHAT PERCENT OF THEM WOULD BE SUBMISIVE,

Our divorce rate is relatively low compared to YOUR SO CLAIMED ABODE, It can be traced to all these,

IT IS BETTER WE PLAY SAFE AND SUIT OUR SELVES ,RATHER THAN GET IN AND OUT ALMOST IMMEDIATELY , Creating pains and shock to our selves and the immedaite child we may have bore in the 'affair'.

HOW MANY LADIES ARE RICH AND YET READY TO BE SUBMISSIVE(Not necessarily being a fool)??

This is naija my dear, we don see tire, many o f them even pretend loyalty but get in and become demons afterwards,
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by 2mch(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
are my eyes deceiving me or did i see N120k per month? Did the OP make a mistake? MAybe it is 120k gold bars because i dont understand. OP where do you live? Standard of living must be very cheap. N120k, and able to afford all these luxuries. Just tell us you are a runs girl.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by beeman80: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
We are in the same shoes.She should come to me.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by michylabo(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2011
U do, I dnt, Moreover, sha women have wahala on their own, adding financial stability to it, they become gladiators
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
I'm glad that women are learning the HARD way that it is not their "credentials" that attract men i.e high income, multiple degrees, good job etc. While society has changed and women now have access to all these things that used to be the preserve of men, biology has not changed and will not change what qualities men are naturally attracted to.

As far as many men are concerned, a woman's youthfulness, innocence, character, humility, beauty triggers a subconscious and more POWERFUL attraction in men than any woman with the best degrees, highest income or high flying career or "experience". Biology dictates what men are attracted to and not socio-economics. While women are attracted to the socio-economic status and success of men, men are NOT necessarily attracted to all those things in women!

So women should forget all this nonsense about their success intimidating men when it is their innate qualities that is attractive (at least for me.) and those I already mentioned.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by BABE3: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
sleekman:

Is this the same male bashing babe? What level of bush meat are you now? Bush Pig? No to expensive. Grasscutter? No to sweet. Rabbit? probably rabbit or maybe 'ovbiotor' (bush rat). U better tie a man down now O. Otherwise u'll be 45 and forcefully luring.

Dude you're still on my case? let it go! wink Learn to forgive and forget.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Blazay(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2011

birdman (m)
htown

« #104 on: Today at 05:04:32 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why compare yourself with the "black man in jail". What has he done to you  . How about you compare yourself with other educated men/women of any color. you. Abi fear dey catch you?
Pls dont shoot the messenger.

Please, stick to the topic. You are not making sense. Only "Black" men are intimidated by strong educated black women. You will not see the same degree or extent of 'inferiority complex' with men from other races even where present. Other races have men who will at least compliment any woman genuinely. Not the black man. So, in the final analysis, it is a racial issue too. Most Black men would date women of other races with higher socio-economic standings. . .but are so intimidated by the 'strong' black woman because being the pariahs that they are. . .majority of the 'black' men would always take the parts of lesser resistance like any 'fluid'. . .as in women from other races who do not understand what the 'black' man is all about. kiss

t[b]om28 (m)

« #116 on: Today at 09:28:43 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strong black women is a term mostly used by black american women and it means being loud and rude in public. A strong black woman in our african term is a woman who is always there for her husband and her kids and if u are the rude and arrongant type of lady u not a strong black woman but a clueless black woman.[/b]

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrant nonsense!
Couldn't have expected less from a 'primitive' black male.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
kalokalo:

I'm glad that women are learning the HARD way that it is not their "credentials" that attract men i.e high income, multiple degrees, good job etc. While society has changed[/b]and women now have access to all these things that used to be the preserve of men, [b]biology has not changed and will not change what qualities men are naturally attracted to.

As far as many men are concerned, a woman's youthfulness, innocence, character, humility, beauty triggers a subconscious and more POWERFUL attraction in men than any woman with the best degrees, highest income or high flying career or "experience". Biology dictates what men are attracted to and not society. While women are attracted to success in men, men are NOT necessarily attracted to all those things in women!

So women should forget all this nonsense about their success intimidating men when it is their innate qualities that is attractive (at least for me.) and those I already mentioned.

I gotta agree with you there.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by dvonne(f): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
I think when it comes to getting a suitor you should treat it like any other success story you have had in life e.g graduating from University
I suggest she writes a plan which will consist of the kind of man she wants, his like and dislikes, the reasons why she will respect him e.g takes sound decision, how does she want to be chased, where will he most likely hang out.
Then she will have a budget for make up, spa, gym and cool trendy clothes check out www.yesidefashionstore.com for fab clothes delivered to any where in Nigeria.
Make herself all shiny and hang out where she will most likely find her man and when she finds a man keep her legs closed and run him through her list without him knowing. so she can drop the chaff and hold on to the grain like mario.
She needs to read and research too, books like men are from mars women from venus, act like a lady think like a man are some books that will help.
I think choosing a life partner is serious enough to be treated strategically. grin wink
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by mrghost: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
Mmmmm, I have an ebook that could help, reach me here wolexfeelcool@yahoo.com, hope this helps her.
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by sleekman(m): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
BABE!:

Dude you're still on my case? let it go! wink Learn to forgive and forget.

Have u asked for 4givness? Even ur recent post just reminded me of ur past male bashing exploits. Since uve used style to ask 4 4givness then go and sin no more rather bash no more. Otherwise worse may befall u grin
Re: Why Do Bachelors Avoids Financially Comfortable Spinsters.? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
It is obvious that your friend lives in an area where men avoid succesful ladies. If she moves away from that city, that experience of her's might change. There are men that are looking for rich ladies elsewhere. This second set of men could even be more dangerous for her because they would fall for her and marry her not because they love her but beacuse they want her money. I was priviledged to hear a story which is very similar to your friend's case. It was told by my colleague in the office.

There was a young lady who worked in a bank. Her elder bother made her to live and go to work form his house. the brother also ensured that she was always dropped off in her office by him or she took public transport. This young lady was averagely beautiful and was still very single. One day, a young man came her way and they started talking and became friends. In the course of their friendship they decided that they would marry. The much that her fiance knew about her was that she worked in the Head office of a bank and that she lives with her elder borther where he oftens picks her up or drops her off during their dates.

Two weeks to their marriage, the young girl decided to open up to her fiance about who she really was. she told her fiance that 1. she owns a flat in a highbrow area in Lagos 2.she has a status car attached to her by her office parked at the flat 3.she is a manager grade in office. She said that her elder brother decided to discipline her so that she would be able to find her true love, to get married and not remain single as many ladies in her class. pass this message to your friend. thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Little Girl Used In Popular Internet Meme Is Now Grown Up(pic) / I'm So Disappointed In This Man's Díck size (photo) / I Am Not Attracted To My Bf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.