Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,199 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny (4244 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / Ibos And Palliative Donations / Why Do Ibos And Hausas Use Double Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto:

My bad
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Crowther mentioned Okoloma. He did not mention Okolo-ama. There is also an Okoloma in Ndoki-Igbo territory, and also an ancient map, which Bkayy keeps sending to nairaland, shows Okoloma in both the Ndoki territory and as a second name of Ubani.

You guys have nothing. Already Dr. Baikie, who was the leader of the expedition had already made it clear that Bonny people claim Igbo ancestry. What else do you need to know
I wonder oh.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by justtoodark: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:
The longest lie in Nigeria is that Bonny is Ijaw.
The lie started in 1971 and managed to last until 2021 because Nigerians don't read.

Like the whites say "If you want to hide something from a Black man, do it in a book"

Alagoa did that perfectly and Nigerians lived in that lie until Social media and Internet came up.
Thanks to Nairaland, Facebook etc where people like us can help blow the lies with Truth.
All you have heard about Bonny before now (anyone that points to Ijaw) are simply lies.

whites are not hidin anything from you today....soo,whats you igbos excuse today....??
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto, I've modified it.
Thanks
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by 9Pluto(m): 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
Anybody that wants to know about Bonny history should go and read, MEMOIRS OF CAPTAIN HUGH CROW OF LIVERPOOL. It is freely available for download from google.

Anybody that wants to know about Bonny history should go and read, MEMOIRS OF CAPTAIN HUGH CROW OF LIVERPOOL. It is freely available for download from google.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by OfoIgbo: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
Anonymous15:

You keep recycling this trash.
There are many part of the world where a city is named in another location too.

OKOLOMA was the area Queen Kambasa and some servants moved to when her father Edimini married her off to a man known as Opoli just to Foster trade with the Ndoki people who controlled the imo river because cash crops like yams, rice, palm oil, maize were not grown in Bonny.
That place was also where the Bonny people camp when they come to oyigbo back in those days to buy slave.
In that same obigbo, we can both attest there is Calabar quarters, OHAFIA QUATERS, mbano camp, ABRIBA QUATERS, but does it means the said town own the obigbo and ndoki area?
The OKOLOMA you're pointing was simply a camp of the Bonny people during slave or cash crop trading.
Quit the double standards brother man.

How come OHAFIA QUARTERS, ABRIBA QUARTERS, Calabar quarters did not show up in the ancient map of Ndoki land? But Okoloma showed up.

Secondly, OKOLOMA is not OKOLO-AMA. Show us an ancient record where Bonny is referred to as OKOLO-AMA.

Thirdly, why did the real Ubani people claim Igbo descent, when Dr. Baikie asked them? They did not claim any other thing else

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 6:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
justtoodark:

whites are not hidin anything from you today....soo,whats you igbos excuse today....??
Ndigbo are the ones correcting you ignorant black people.
Answer me this question,
"Until today, did you know that Bonny was never Ijaw?"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Fejoku: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

You only posted Crowther's letter that has nothing to do with you JO-MEN .

1st pic = Hugh Crow
2nd Pic = Baike
3rd Pic = How Bonny People saw Jo men aka Ijaw people. They called you savage pirates "EJÓ"
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
These people are bent on getting to the sea Alabo, nothing will make them reason along your line of argument.

I've told myself not to bother on this issue, otherwise I would have brought out excepts from their much loved Captain Crow that contradicts their argument.In the end,there is no point.They'll continue to argue blindly.

Then again,I'm impressed with your write-up.Again you've set the record straight.Written works from Valentim Fernandez, Jean Barbot and Captain Pereira would affirm your argument.

To the one talking about international court,please make haste.No be to talk for mouth.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
Fejoku:

I think you're missing the term Bonny people call Ijos.
When did you quote this?
I've long corrected it.

@Fejoku, Thanks BTW.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
JANK23H:
These people are bent on getting to the sea Alabo, nothing will make them reason along your line of argument.

I've told myself not to bother on this issue, otherwise I would have brought out excepts from their much loved Captain Crow that contradicts their argument.In the end,there is no point.They'll continue to argue blindly.

Then again,I'm impressed with your write-up.Again you've set the record straight.Written works from Valentim Fernandez, Jean Barbot and Captain Pereira would affirm your argument.

To the one talking about international court,please make haste.No be to talk for mouth.
What is holding you?
Oga, you pirates have no proof.

Your ancestors plundered ships/cargoes, now you people are trying to plunder history but you got the wrong people.

Ndigbo are not that easy to steal from

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto:

Lol....clutching at straws.

You only hope.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

What is holding you?
Oga, you pirates have no proof.

Your ancestors plundered ships/cargoes, now you people are trying to plunder history but you got the wrong people.

Ndigbo are not that easy to steal from
You are sounding like a desperate kid.

Admit you've been beaten to a corner.

When are you going to the international criminal court,abi where una wan go sef?
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
JANK23H:

You are sounding like a desperate kid.

Admit you've been beaten to a corner.

When are you going to the international criminal court,abi where una wan go sef?
Lol. Beaten by who?
Those that their existence have been bursted? Expect more nations to come for you pirates.
Ndi ara.

If you haven't noticed what is happening then you are new to this. You people have been blown open

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by 9Pluto(m): 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2021
JANK23H:

Lol....clutching at straws.

You only hope.

Like I always say, in due course and at the appropriate time, the MEMOIRS OF CAPTAIN HUGH CROW OF LIVERPOOL will be the nemesis of ijaw land grabbers and revisionists.

I am sure you don't know how many battles took place between Jaja and the other Kingdoms. In due course, you will learn all those history and not the fables you have been served.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto:

Like I always say, in due course and at the appropriate time, the MEMOIRS OF CAPTAIN HUGH CROW OF LIVERPOOL will be the nemesis of ijaw land grabbers and revisionists.

I am sure you don't know how many battles took place between Jaja and the other Kingdoms. In due course, you will learn all those history and not the fables you have been served.
Lol

Loller

Lollest

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

Lol. Beaten by who?
Those that their existence have been bursted. Except more nations to come for you pirates.
Ndi ara.

If you haven't noticed what is happening then you are new to this. You people have been blown open
Ok
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 7:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto:

They haven't seen anything.

Bloody pirates that want to hijack people's history.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by justtoodark: 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

Ndigbo are the ones correcting you ignorant black people.
Answer me this question,
"Until today, did you know that Bonny was never Ijaw?"

you igbos are not the saviours of the black race....!!
no black begged una to be saved in the entire africa....!!
give this ignorance up already....!!

case and point....:
kenya passed over your supleme leader to nigeria like a common criminal....

i doubt african nations would have did the same with mandela....
we fought tooth and nail for south africa....

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by 9Pluto(m): 7:41pm On Dec 13, 2021
For me, it is the audacity to claim Arochukwu's glory.

The Aros were the undisputed Military Police of that era and they tranversed the entire length and breathe of the Niger Delta. When the Aros were selling slaves in Bonny, ijaws just arrived the delta as murderous pirates, robbing people between Formosa river and lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 7:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
justtoodark:

Whether you like it or not, we are your saviours.
Minus Igbo people will you know what you are leaning on this trade today?

Give Honour to whom Honour is due.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by 9Pluto(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
justtoodark:

give this ignorance up already....!!

Well the first European explorers think otherwise. They were marvelled by the ingenuity of the Igbos and they recorded what they saw. It is not your fault if you disagree. At least they were not bribed when they made their observations.

Instead of focusing on igbos, I will rather you spend that time doing PR for your anonymous people, hopefully in 10years they would become popular.

6 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by justtoodark: 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

Whether you like it or not, we are your saviours.
Minus Igbo people will you know what you are leaning on this trade today?

Give Honour to whom Honour is due.

seriously....??
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by BKayy: 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
justtoodark:

seriously....??
Yes.
Whether you accept it or not, we are your only hope.

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by justtoodark: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
BKayy:

Yes.
Whether you accept it or not, we are your only hope.

wat....??

ojukwu was sayin something similar back then too....
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by 9Pluto(m): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
justtoodark:

wat....??

ojukwu was sayin something similar back then too....

The problem with most of you is, you are too obsessed with igbos to think straight.

Ojukwu will continue to be a reference point in Nigerian history as a man who shouldered the responsibility of leadership when fate trusted it in his care. A rare feat most youths today will not dare.

Now instead of Ojukwu, is your ethnic group so insignificant that nobody is worthy of any mention?

In the absence of such person, can you show us the historical correlation between ijaws and Bonny?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Liebermantic: 8:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
Ijaw were just Pirates during those years..Now after 1967, these sea pirates invaded Bonny and Opobo with fake history..Well, Igbo will never ever going to leave behind Opobo and Bonny for these pirates Ijaw

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Liebermantic: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Those history books should be circulated online..I have created a Facebook page on the Real history of Opobo and Bonny..and I posted some of these history books. Every Igbo person should read it. SEA PIRATES can never take over Igbo land.

6 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
Liebermantic:
Ijaw were just Pirates during those years..Now after 1967, these sea pirates invaded Bonny and Opobo with fake history..Well, Igbo will never ever going to leave behind Opobo and Bonny for these pirates Ijaw
Same ol' regurgitated rubbish.

Please chronicle how the Ijos invaded Bonny,took over the land from the fictitious Igbo aborigines.Through war or brainwashing as you all keep yapping about.

There should be somewhere is a history book where it was written.Show us from a neutral account.No conjectures.

Until then,just shut up!

3 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2021
9Pluto:

If your are not a professional crook, you won't be mentioning all those European names and be saying things they didn't say.

Post all their books here, so that people can throughly see you as the crook you are.

Stop mentioning their names. Post all their books. Anybody that wants to know about Bonny history should go and read, MEMOIRS OF CAPTAIN HUGH CROW OF LIVERPOOL. It is freely available for download from google.
I wonder why reputable information sources don't reference Hugh Crow, I can't keep posting books here all the time, it's tedious.
I referenced and cited and even quoted people I mentioned but your only concern is a slave merchant who barely comes pass the shores and only interviewed slaves.
Brother man I have a degree in library and information science, and when a material or book or information source has been found to be incorrect, it is weeded out of major shelves and removed or uncited as a reliable account or information material.
Go and also read about the ijoid grouping by Williamson and Blench.
I referenced and cited researchers, scholars and the year.
Also search the book ; 'polyglotta Africana' by Sigismund Koelle.
I referenced atleast 8 researchers, scholars and linguists who's work put to death the memoirs of a slave ship marauder.
And those researchers works are what you find in encyclopedia Brittanica, Wikipedia, and on-line information repositories world wide.

Stop getting hard on fake, weeded information.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 11:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
JANK23H:

The most funny thing is that they didn't even know crow's work has been weeded.
When John Clarke a missionary on the assignment to preach to the heathens under the command of the British crown, he relied on crow's work and the interviewed slaves in England, and he thought it was their tongue they spoke but when he came, he discovered otherwise and his work was doubled, they had to send a learned afro American named Merrick who helped him to began to pick vocabularies again, baikie did same too.
Sir Edwin Norris; the assistant secretary of the Asiatic society began collecting Bonny numerals, and by 1848 john Clarke and Dr baikie with the help of Merrick had already grouped the ijoid Languages. By that same year, Samuel crowther had also taken a detailed report of Bonny and new calabar and the town's details.. below is a screenshot of baikie's collected Bonny numerals and a 6 word vocab, below is also crowther's report,further below is The comparative vocabularies in which all this researchers, and scholars worked on, and further confirmed by modern day linguist like Gerrit Dimmendaal, Williamson, Blench, Paul hair.
Truth is crow's work has been binned since the 1840's, reason it is never cited or referenced anywhere in any reputable information source.
This is what 9pluto said he will bring to court, audio court.
He will be fined for fees he can't even dream of touching and sentenced behind bars for a few months.

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
OfoIgbo:

How come OHAFIA QUARTERS, ABRIBA QUARTERS, Calabar quarters did not show up in the ancient map of Ndoki land? But Okoloma showed up.

Secondly, OKOLOMA is not OKOLO-AMA. Show us an ancient record where Bonny is referred to as OKOLO-AMA.

Thirdly, why did the real Ubani people claim Igbo descent, when Dr. Baikie asked them? They did not claim any other thing else
that's because baikie first interviewed a section of the town.
There was a second expedition and even a third.
I posted the numerals and 6 word vocab he took from perekule pepple in his next expedition.

Lol, this is to tell you don't even have idea of what you're saying.
Kai!
I know of ABRIBA QUATERS MBANNO CAMP OHAFIA QUATERS CALABAR QUATERS etc because I attended my secondary education in that town. I know all the location from OKOLOMA,mmrinwayi,Afam, express, location road, barracks, mife.
Omo that side na my area, I F*ckkng lived around there from 2006-2018
Now gedifok out lol.
I wouldn't want to mention the name of the school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A.g. Mahmood: The Insolence Of Peter Obi Against The North And Northerners. / Obasanjo, Adelusi-adeluyi, IGP To Grace National Daily Awards / 40 Million Nigerian Youths Unemployed -

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.