Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny (4192 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / Ibos And Palliative Donations / Why Do Ibos And Hausas Use Double Names? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Thoh(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2021
Great Ijaw nation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2021
Alabo7978:

True.
I thought that boy knew something.
He was openly challenging me to a debate,
Debate with an obsolete material o.
That's make I leave money I dey find come dey debate with drug addict.
Still I for roast am like asun.
If you noticed,they've moved the debate to the
supposed perception slave dealers had of Ijos.

First Ijos were from Sierra Leone,then no historical mention of Ijos.At a point they argued that Kalabari,Okrika and Nembe aren't Ijo.They are consistently looking for something to hold on to .

Only an undiscerning and biased mind will be swayed by their arguments.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 14, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Your attachment is not from Baikie's records directly. You guys are now quoting from modern books twisted in such a way as to remove the Igbo counting system that King Pepple gave side by side.

The indigenes of Ubani also told him they're of Igbo ancestry. This is a huge blow you can never get past.
So basically, the earlier writings by John Adams and Captain Crow, alongside Baikie's, have all confirmed that Bonny natives are Igbos.
None of them even mentioned Brass or Kalabari, as their original area, let alone Ijo.
Your fraud cannot get past me.
Keep relying on weeded materials.
Baikie underwent on a second expedition.
Dr Köler a German doctor too.
Sigismund Koelle a scholar compiled books in his 'Polyglotta Africana' published in 1848.
You are mislead by the results of the first expedition.
Subsequent expedition was carried out by John Clarke and Merrick in 1845.

Get expedition results from finals not from early ones that suit your agenda.
CAPTAIN HUGH CROW work has been binned, and a British linguist notably said captain crow's work was wrong and one would think they spoke only Igbo, where as he casually embedded some ijo words in it.
Below are screenshots of Paul hair's Excerpt, and the obvious circled word which isn't IBO.
(Modified) Paul hair's Excerpt is attached at the last frame.
The circled word is barakiee which is an ijo word to shake hands.

Like I said,, stop using weeded materials.
You look pathetic and desperate with that.

Further more, is the third screenshot modern?
Are John's Clarke and Sigismund 'polyglotta Africana'1848 modern?
Keep living in denial.

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2021
JANK23H:

First Ijos were from Sierra Leone,then no historical mention of Ijos.At a point they argued that Kalabari,Okrika and Nembe aren't Ijo.They are consistently looking for something to hold on to .

You're right.
They're constantly on the move, sinking in a quick sand and looking for anything to grab.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Igboid: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2021
JANK23H:

So you mean Captain Crow, Leonard Glynn, and Balfour Baike, were all biased minds for telling the world that Bonny ancestors originated from Eboes and for never mentioning Ejo or Jos men in relation to Bonny?

You surely have delusion of persecution.

Picture 1. Leonard Glynn 1906
Picture 2. Captain Crow
Picture 3. Baike Balfour 1855

Igbos bribed these men to say that Bonny ancestors originated from Igboland?

5 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Igboid: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2021
All Ijaws have to do to win this argument is to provide just one Colonial document tracing Bonny origin to "Ejo" or "people of Jos" as Ijaws was known in colonial times!
Just one Colonial or precolonial document doing so!

All Ijaws have is distortions of facts written by the chief Ijaw Fraudulent and old shameless historian like Alagoa and his sidekicks like Fombo and co, none of who can defend the abominations they wrote between 1966 and to date, a period in history when Igbos went to sleep.

But we are awake now, and we will tear every single Fraudulent piece Alagoa wrote on Bonny and Opobo to pieces using historical facts from early neutral colonists like Baike, Glynn and Captain Crow.
Better believe we are not making empty threats here, we mean it.
Alagoa the fraud will be eventually forced out from his hide out to open places when we start dropping our books to separate facts from fictions.

9 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by JANK23H(m): 10:28am On Dec 14, 2021
Igboid:
All Ijaws have to do to win this argument is to provide just one Colonial document tracing Bonny origin to "Ejo" or "people of Jos" as Ijaws was known in colonial times!

All Ijaws have is distortions of facts written by the chief Ijaw Fraudulent and old shameless historian like Alagoa and his sidekicks like Fombo and co, none of who can defend the abominations they wrote between 1966 and to date, a period in history when Igbos went to sleep.

But we are awake now, and we will tear every single Fraudulent piece Alagoa wrote on Bonny and Opobo to pieces using historical facts from early neutral colonists like Baike, Glynn and Captain Crow.
Alagoa the fraud will be eventually forced out from his hide out to open places when we start dropping our books to separate facts from fictions.
Ok,no more documents showing Ijos sold slaves abi?
I responded on the other thread and you are here saying something else

First shot:Captain Pacheco Pereira's account

Second shot:Dr Fage's commentary on Pereira

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Igboid:

And you think only Alagoa wrote about Bonny?
Lol, clown
Below is an attached comparative vocabulary and numerals started by John Clarke, sir Edwin Norris, Merrick, even baikie himself, Sigismund Koelle (though partly)
Your leverage are from wrong and weeded materials, reasons why there was a second, third and fourth expedition to collect vocabularies afresh, but you keep masturbating to old and binned words.
Notice ibani Language is similar to kalabari too and they're graded under proto ijoid?
Remember crowther and pepple recorded that they speak the same language with calabari?
Look at it carefully and cry

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 10:40am On Dec 14, 2021
EzeCanada:

Alabo, make you relax and "gear brake"!

Deliquate these words of wisdom with some fresh served fisherman's soup.

Something within me tells me you are a well natured person. I strongly believe you know the truth but choose to distort facts and postulate false narratives for some reasons best known to you.

I want to remind you however, that those who walked simlar path in time past never ended well. Go figure!

Relatedly, I realized you've been able establish ( through independent research) that the biblical Eri is the progenitor of the Igbos.

In case you are unaware, Eri's descendants prides themselves with a foreign policy enshrined in "
egbe bere ugo bere nke si ibe ya ebene nku kwaa ya". Meaning we are peaceful, tolerant and not in pursuit of territoral expansionism.

I am sure you are also familiar with the quote below; context it was made... “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” 

In light of the above, if I were to be you, I'd reconsider my steps and chose the part of greatness rather than damnation. It's never to late.

Many thanks.

Go and sit down.
I am a truthful person.
Ijos are people who barely travel out of their region and have stayed around compared to the ibos who enter everywhere.
I hear some old ibos are claiming Lagos, same way you all are having eze'ndigbo all over the world.
God does not side with liars and 419ers.

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Igboid: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2021
Anonymous15:

And you think only Alagoa wrote about Bonny?
Lol, clown
Below is an attached comparative vocabulary and numerals started by John Clarke, sir Edwin Norris, Merrick, even baikie himself, Sigismund Koelle (though partly)
Notice ibani Language is similar to kalabari too and they're graded under proto ijoid?
Remember crowther and pepple recorded that they speak the same language with calabari?
Look at it carefully and cry

Don't be silly.
Provide document showing Colonials linking Bonny to "Ejo or people of Jos" as you were known in colonial era.
Are you okay at all?

The people of New Calabar were not a people of single origin or single language at this time in history.
Even the King of New Calabar was of Igbo origin and the people of New Calabar who found themselves in Sierre Leone were definitely Igbo speaking and identified with Igbo union there as Bom-Ibo!

You showed people wrote about Bonny?
Right! Now show where they wrote of Bonny origin and linked their origin to Ejo or Jos people of Kolokuma!
It shouldn't be that hard to find!

Even Baike you are quoting, said point blank that Bonny ancestors originated from Igboland!
See it on second picture!

6 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2021
Igboid:

Don't be silly.
Provide document showing Colonials linking Bonny to "Ejo or people of Jos" as you were known in colonial era.
Are you okay at all?

The people of New Calabar were not a people of single origin or single language at this time in history.
Even the King of New Calabar was of Igbo origin and the people of New Calabar who found themselves in Sierre Leone were definitely Igbo speaking and identified with Igbo union there as Bom-Ibo!

You showed people wrote about Bonny?
Right! Now show where they wrote of Bonny origin and linked their origin to Ejo or Jos people of Kolokuma!
It shouldn't be that hard to find!

Even Baike you are quoting, said point blank that Bonny ancestors originated from Igboland!
See it on second picture!
Remember a screenshot from someone you or one of your goons showed?
And it roughly quotes "in the HINTERLAND, the ibos have their various clan or tribe, but outside they are one nation; Igbo"
The ijos we're not earlier grouped because they were in their land, but nevertheless, I will grant your wish like a genie, you see your bolded words? Watch me shatter them.
The first screenshot is John Clarke adding the ijoid Languages after then earlier expedition.

You claim the freed people of sierraleone are definetly people of IBO origin?
Look at the second screenshot by German scholar Sigismund Koelle who published the book 'polyglotta Africana' in 1850's Grouping the ijoid Language and other African Language(thumping your falsehood, lol. I'm enjoying this)

The third screenshot is baikie himself still trying to figure out the ijoid Languages.

Now that I have showed you, I know you will still look for a way to dance out away from this again.
Now go to sleep little boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Igboid: 12:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
Alabo7978:

And it roughly quotes "in the HINTERLAND, the ibos have their various clan or tribe, but outside they are one nation; Igbo"
The ijos we're not earlier grouped because they were in their land, but nevertheless, I will grant your wish like a genie, you see your bolded words? Watch me shatter them.
The first screenshot is John Clarke adding the ijoid Languages after then earlier expedition.

Look at the second screenshot by German scholar Sigismund Koelle who published the book 'polyglotta Africana' in 1850's Grouping the ijoid Language and other African Language(thumping your falsehood, lol. I'm enjoying this)

The third screenshot is baikie himself still trying to figure out the ijoid Languages.

Now that I have showed you, I know you will still look for a way to dance out away from this again.

You are a clown.
If your argument is language, then you lost already, because we know that Bonny main town and Opobo speak Igbo as mother tongue today as we write!

But this argument is not about language because Igbos already won that war and you are the ones fighting to murder the Igbo language those places.

The argument here is about the origin of Aboriginal people of Bonny Island and Opobo.

Every single source, including your Baike noted that the people said they came from Igbo hinterland.

If at a point in time they switched their language to Ijoid language as Baike and Glynn seem to imply, then that is okay by Igbos, what matters is that they found a way to reswitch back to their ancestral Igbo language. Which is why they are Igbo speaking today!

Your argument is hinged on the language they were speaking when Baike and Kolle visited, in as much as I doubt they were speaking Ijoid language then, but I don't care as it doesn't affect the meat of this argument. What matters is that they were Originally Igbos and speak Igbo as mother tongue today.

What they did in between these two, like speaking an Ijoid language at a point in history, is irrelevant and redundant!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
Igboid:

You are a clown.
If your argument is language, then you lost already, because we know that Bonny main town and Opobo speak Igbo as mother tongue today as we write!

But this argument is not about language because Igbos already won that war and you are the ones fighting to murder the Igbo language those places.

The argument here is about the origin of Aboriginal people of Bonny Island and Opobo.

Every single source, including your Baike noted that the people said they came from Igbo hinterland.

If at a point in time they switched their language to Ijoid language as Baike and Glynn seem to imply, then that is okay by Igbos, what matters is that they found a way to reswitch back to their ancestral Igbo language. Which is why they are Igbo speaking today!

Your argument is hinged on the language they were speaking when Baike and Kolle visited, in as much as I doubt they were speaking Ijoid language then, but I don't care as it doesn't affect the meat of this argument. What matters is that they were Originally Igbos and speak Igbo as mother tongue today.

What they did in between these two, like speaking an Ijoid language at a point in history, is irrelevant and redundant!
Do you see the bolded statement of you, isn't it you who was asking for colonial people linking Bonny to ijo a while ago?

Isn't it you claiming sierraleone freed slaves were ibos but that was trashed by a screenshot of Sigismund Koelle on his book 'polyglotta Africana'

But when documents where provided
You danced out again to Language Currently spoken cry
without knowing that is your final headstone.
Now go to sleep loser.

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Igboid: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
Anonymous15:

Do you see the bolded statement of you, isn't it you who was asking for colonial people linking Bonny to ijo a while ago?

Isn't it you claiming sierraleone freed slaves were ibos but that was trashed by a screenshot of Sigismund Koelle on his book 'polyglotta Africana'

Now go to sleep loser.
Wikipedia edited pages. We will soon edit it too.
Bonny main town speaks Igbo which is why your Ijaw chief Fraudster masquerading as historian has been running around holding events to surplant Igbo language of Bonny.
I asked for historical document showing that Indigenes of Bonny considered Ejo men as their ancestors and not Igboland.

You have not provided any.
See example below from Leonard Glynn linking Bonny to Eboes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Igboid:

Wikipedia edited pages. We will soon edit it too.
Bonny main town speaks Igbo which is why your Ijaw chief Fraudster masquerading as historian has been running around holding events to surplant Igbo language of Bonny.
I asked for historical document showing that Indigenes of Bonny considered Ejo men as their ancestors and not Igboland.

You have not provided any.
See example below from Leonard Glynn linking Bonny to Eboes!
Brother man, going in circles again...
Didn't I show you?
Na wa for you o
Are you drunk?

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Anonymous15:

Now go to sleep loser.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by oyatz(m): 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2021
9Pluto:

Ijaws are obviously later migrants to the delta who are emboldened by their success in absorbing/eliminating other tribes they met on ground.

Ask your ijaw friends why has it become almost impossible for them to provide a 19th century document Bonny people claim an Ijaw descent? Why?

You don't seems to understand the real meaning of ethnic Identities.

Ethnic Identities= who we say we are!

It doesn't matter who a British slave raider said their great-grandfathers were or even who their grandparents said they were but how the people see themselves NOW.

Ethnic Identity is largely a self-identity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by RobbStark(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
oyatz:

It doesn't matter who a British slave raider said their great-grandfathers were or even who their grandparents said they were but how the people see themselves NOW.

My Ijaw brothers, enof of this arguements with these people, they know the truth but always wanna twist it.
Ask them, what names did King Jaja gave his children??
Was it Ibo names or what exactly.
Ask them how come the Facebook group they claimed to have formed, no Opobo person or bonny person has joined.....
Reason, they aren't ibos.

I am an Ijaw man
And I am from Opobo town.
I don't identify myself anywhere as Ibo but Ijaw.
Same thing with the bonny man.
Same thing with the nembe man, Okrika man n kalabari man, etc.

One more thing, ask them isn't anyone from bonny or Opobo who is Ibo in this forum.

There is none
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2021
Funny enough these clowns are people in ABA who hasn't even entered Port Harcourt not to talk of coming to the delta's and mangroves.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by michelz: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
Alabo7978:

Brother man, going in circles again...
Didn't I show you?
Na wa for you o
Are you drunk?
Mr. man, what are you actually doing?
You are making yourself a laughing stock all over this thread. Show any proof at all that Bonny people were Jos people and you are posting excerpts of few vocabularies. What is the matter with you? You fail to understand that people are actually following this thread and taking notes.

6 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by OfoIgbo: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
oyatz:
Many young igbo irredentists inspired by the IPOB agitations for Republic of Biafra are trying to re-define the ethnic identities of many places along the southern coast on social media.

However, one major fact they forget to acknowledge is the PEOPLE concerned.

Do Bonny and Opobo peoples see themselves as Igbos in 2021?

You can NOT tell or know the history of a people more than the peoples themselves.

Their ancestors know more about their history than them.

Dakuku Peterside knows his heritage also

4 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by michelz: 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
oyatz:

So have you conducted a referendum to determine who Bonny people say they are?
In the case of Nigeria vs Cameroon, concerning Bakassi, though majority of the inhabitants claimed they were Nigerians, how did the judgement go?

4 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by OfoIgbo: 8:48pm On Dec 14, 2021
Alabo7978:

Please make your quotes from the original works of these neutral observers.

Stop quoting from commentaries of people who were mixing and matching and reaching conclusions to suit their landgrabbing attempts.

And by the way, it will be interesting to know how Alagoa and his fellow quacks, will interpret the fact recorded by John Adams, captain Crow, Dr. Baikie and Glynn, that Bonny people have Igbo ancestry

2 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Chimaraymond455: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2021
message )
Opobo , otherwise known as Opubo , is an Igbo town in the southern region of Nigeria . The Kingdom was founded in 1870 by King Jaja, originally an Igbo man from Amaigbo (which is in present day Imo State). [1] A greater part of the city state is still referred to as Opobo in Rivers State. Opobo is made up of several islands and communities, mainly Opobo Town, Queenstown, Kalasunju, Oloma, Ayaminimah, Iloma, Minimah, Okpukpo, Iwoma, Ekereborokiri, Kalaibiama, and Epellema. The major language is Igbo language. A part of the city state is now in Akwa Ibom State , made up of Ikot Abas
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Alabo7978(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2021
michelz:

Mr. man, what are you actually doing?
You are making yourself a laughing stock all over this thread. Show any proof at all that Bonny people were Jos people and you are posting excerpts of few vocabularies. What is the matter with you? You fail to understand that people are actually following this thread and taking notes.
Clown..
You were notified of this thread from your WhatsApp group and all you did was enter politics---search the title-----click-----click page 4------ click on the "scroll down" tag and voila you're commenting...
People are seeing this thread and yes they know I'm stating facts and I'm stating it clearly and intelligently, now carefully follow the thread because I won't go back and forth with another member from your clown group only for another one of you to come back here again to tire me down; never.
I didn't make this thread for it to be the most viewed or to hit front page. I did this thread to clear the misconception you IPOBIANS are creating.
I use to be a ghost viewer on nairaland till I stumbled on your band of landgrabbers. However this thread isn't for Bonny people(because you can't go there to spew this trash to the Aseme-alapu and AMAYANABO) but for the hinterlanders and Bonny people in diaspora who are mislead by your kind.
Now get out of this thread if you can't follow it properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by ebufa: 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kinematics:
Op you get time to dey reply ibo stupidit*

Ijaw claiming all coastal lands from togo to Bakassi, that tells you all you need to know, these are Atlantic nomads.......paddling up and down the west coast of Africa causing trouble, just like their spiritual cousins in brigandage the Fulanis of the Sahel! these pair of heathen tribes are a thorn in the flesh of normal peace-loving people! time has come to treat their f*ck up!

3 Likes

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by ebufa: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
JANK23H:
These people are bent on getting to the sea Alabo, nothing will make them reason along your line of argument.

I've told myself not to bother on this issue, otherwise I would have brought out excepts from their much loved Captain Crow that contradicts their argument.In the end,there is no point.They'll continue to argue blindly.

Then again,I'm impressed with your write-up.Again you've set the record straight.Written works from Valentim Fernandez, Jean Barbot and Captain Pereira would affirm your argument.

To the one talking about international court,please make haste.No be to talk for mouth.

Absolute trash! what he brought as evidence is totally incongruous to his stated claims.....did you people participate in debates in school at all?
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by ebufa: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
JANK23H:

Lol

Loller

Lollest

gibberish as usual! jo men of yore............canoe dwelling and ogogoro guzzling pirates you are!

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
ebufa:

Absolute trash! what he brought as evidence is totally incongruous to his stated claims.....did you people participate in debates in school at all?
Who is debating with you?
Keep deceiving yourself.

Go to Bonny and say this trash, they'll whip you.
Isn't it how you claim Lagos?
Igala?
Creating eze'ndigbo all over the world.

The okpo masquerade is celebrated in okrika but the Calabar people who once did business there and brought it aren't claiming.

There are yorubas in Bahia,Brazil, but they don't claim Bahia.
You igbos are something else.
Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by michelz: 11:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
Alabo7978:

Clown..
You were notified of this thread from your WhatsApp group and all you did was enter politics---search the title-----click-----click page 4------ click on the "scroll down" tag and voila you're commenting...
People are seeing this thread and yes they know I'm stating facts and I'm stating it clearly and intelligently, now carefully follow the thread because I won't go back and forth with another member from your clown group only for another one of you to come back here again to tire me down; never.
I didn't make this thread for it to be the most viewed or to hit front page. I did this thread to clear the misconception you IPOBIANS are creating.
I use to be a ghost viewer on nairaland till I stumbled on your band of landgrabbers. However this thread isn't for Bonny people(because you can't go there to spew this trash to the Aseme-alapu and AMAYANABO) but for the hinterlanders and Bonny people in diaspora who are mislead by your kind.
Now get out of this thread if you can't follow it properly.
I know your game, and it is very childish. All you do is to throw in some words like 'Amayanabo', 'Aseme-alapu', etc without presenting any real evidence. You were roundly trounced in the other thread where you unwittingly admitted that you were Yoruba... Yeah, everyone saw that. The real owners of Bonny are Igbos and they don't deny that. Most of them are here following these series of thrashing the immigrant Jos people have been receiving while laughing at your desperation.
Continue in your folly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by oyatz(m): 7:02am On Dec 15, 2021
michelz:

So have you conducted a referendum to determine who Bonny people say they are?
In the case of Nigeria vs Cameroon, concerning Bakassi, though majority of the inhabitants claimed they were Nigerians, how did the judgement go?

As at today, which ethnic group do the people of Bonny and Opobo portray themselves to be?

a) Ijaw

b) Igbo

The fact that we are having this discussion at all but we are NOT debating whether Enugu or Mbaise is igbo point to certain facts.

1 Like

Re: Hinterland Ibos And The Misconception Of Bonny by oyatz(m): 7:09am On Dec 15, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Their ancestors know more about their history than them.

Dakuku Peterside knows his heritage also

You are still making the same mistake.

Today, virtually Onitsha people identify as Igbos but there are many families whose ancestors came from Igala and Bini.

Similarly, the people of Sabongida Ora, Edo State identify themselves as Edo people but many families in the town traced their ancenstries to Yorubaland.

In summary, we are who we say we are.

Ethnic groups/tribes are artificial groupings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How The 2023 Presidential Elections May Likely Play Out / Killer Manholes On Lagos Road Worry Motorists / Role Models and Villains of 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.