Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? (7034 Views)

Will You Sign A Prenuptial Aggrement Before Marriage?men See Reasons Here. / Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 11:46pm On Jun 17, 2011
What happens if she refuses to sign the post-nup?

What bargaining chip do you have to make her sign one if you don't sign a pre-nup?
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^ I was just about to say the same thing.

The whole point of a prenup is that if we don't agree to these terms, there is no point getting married.
A postnup is naive to the sense that the other person doesn't have to give a darn about signing jack with you. You're already locked in. Only a naive woman would sign a post-nup, as anyone can tell there is certainly an alterior motive behind it and both could find themselves in a "self-fulfilled prophecy" situation and try to beat each other to the punch.

A post nup is largely best not even brought up.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Jun 18, 2011
Worse still, knowing women, post-nup is more upsetting than pre-nup.

Basically, she would say you do not appreciate and trust her after years of marriage during which "she is giving her all".

If you don't get a pre-nup, don't even think or bother about a post-nup.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 12:05am On Jun 18, 2011
can u feel romantic when your signing the prenup? see thts the purpose of the thread.All the reasons given are true and justifiable.
I think a post nup comes as an 'after'.Where you both know you need the prenup,but just so as not top spoil the flavour of your honeymoon grin you decide well we shall do the post after we'v adjusted. And tht shld be say a year or 2 later
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 12:16am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

can u feel romantic when your signing the prenup? see thts the purpose of the thread.All the reasons given are true and justifiable.

That is like asking "Can you feel sexy whilst vomiting"?

There is no relationship between romance and serious risk management forced by stewpid laws.

Considering the magnitude of the impact of the risk if it manisfests . . . . . . . . . fck romance!

It is like a Jewish boy that is in love with a Muslim Palestine girl going to Gaza on his own to ask her family for her hand in marriage to demonstrate his romantic traits.

I am not leaving my balls in the hands of any woman to show I am romantic.

upendo 98:

I think a post nup comes as an 'after'.Where you both know you need the prenup,but just so as not top spoil the flavour of your honeymoon grin you decide well we shall do the post after we'v adjusted. And tht is say a year or 2 later

Will never work.

Too inferior to pre-nup.

Way too inferior.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 12:20am On Jun 18, 2011
see the prenup is supposed to protect your assets good.
the postnup comes to prevent a divorce. chances of her getting divorced wl make her sign the postnup.
Why is post nup necessary?
say u inherit some wealth from some old relative of urs and lets say ur living wth ur second wife. you decide to give the wealth to the kids in the first marriage but she refuses to agree wth u.
in tht case then shes likely to face the divorce courts.its you either sign and agree or face the court which in most cases may rule in ur favour.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

I think a post nup comes as an 'after'.Where you both know you need the prenup,but just so as not top spoil the flavour of your honeymoon grin you decide well we shall do the post after we'v adjusted. And tht shld be say a year or 2 later

Something women must understand, life is not all about romance and fairy tales and pink fluffy butterflies in their tummies. In this regards, I know men to be more realistic than women.

A woman who can't get to a suitable level of realism without going insane is probably still too entwined in her "girly-girl" stage to start getting involved with serious things like marriages. Marriage today must be between a man and a woman, not a man and a girl.

It's a simple matter of "baby you know I love you and I know u love me but we gotta sort out some things before we get into this". shikena. No sentiments, no listening to crying, no nothing. Fashi feelings. those can resume after the signing.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

the postnup comes to prevent a divorce. chances of her getting divorced wl make her sign the postnup.
say u inherit some wealth from some old relative of urs and lets say your living wth your second wife. you decide to give the wealth to the kids in the first marriage but she refuses to agree wth u.
in tht case then shes likely to face the divorce courts.its you either sign and agree or face the court which in most cases may rule in your favour.

There are waaaay too many tricks and weapons on a woman's legal arsenal than you know. And I'm not about to make them public knowledge. tongue Though it depends on one's location.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 12:39am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

How will she be scared of a divorce and sign a post-nup when you should be the one scared of divorce?  undecided

You are going to divorce her when she refuses to sign when you are the one who's life would be destroyed most (facing break-up and then a subsequent legally-approved indenture)?

I don't get it.

upendo 98:

say u inherit some wealth from some old relative of urs and lets say your living wth your second wife. you decide to give the wealth to the kids in the first marriage but she refuses to agree wth u.
in tht case then shes likely to face the divorce courts.its you either sign and agree or face the court which in most cases may rule in your favour.

That is cold. So you just hit some money and now tell your wife to sign a document?

The point of a pre-nup is to make it clear that you share when you are together and you stop sharing when you are no longer together.

No courts in the West will agree with you. She will get some and the rest can go to your kids.

John Cleese was forced by the UK courts to give his money to his THIRD wife that had no kids for him, which left her richer than him and him having little to pass on to his own kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1207262/12-5-million-The-eye-watering-divorce-deal-leave-John-Cleeses-ex-wife-richer-him.html

He worked hard all his life to make his money, he met her when she was living in a council flat, now she is richer than him based on some steeeeeeeeeeeeewpid laws.

Let the stewpid foools on NL still trying to highlight their chivalry and posturing that they are romantic men not learn.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 12:40am On Jun 18, 2011
This is how am reasoning. You dnt have to call off a wedding to a partner of ur choice just cz she/he refused to sign the prenup.
You still have the option of a post you know. If she thinks it will 'kill' romance (thts her way of thinking nt urs) then marry her.
Now the moment you see cracks that are getting bigger and bigger then tht would be the best tyme to bring up the postnup topic.
Theres no compromise there since you are both staring at a divorce.
Now knowing the risks involved and how much she stands to lose after divorce, she will definately sign the papers.
At the end of the day,thers not much diffrence btwn the pre and the post. The diffrence is in the timing and the purpose but still your treasured assets remain protected.
postnup as i said is also good cz of those assets we inherit since they are viewed as separate properties. unless u wish to make them family assets,they remain separate. prenup doesnt cover wht you inherit after u said I do.
postnup also help if both of u engaged in a family business tht generates income for the family. see, the post nup will ensure the business continues without disruptions even when u separate or divorce.
So in the end its either pre or post. They both guard you assets. What you shouldt do is turn off a wedding cz she or he refused to sign.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

This is how am reasoning. You dnt have to call off a wedding to a partner of your choice just cz she/he refused to sign the prenup.
You still have the option of a post you know. If she thinks it will 'kill' romance (thts her way of thinking nt urs) then marry her.
Now the moment you see cracks that are getting bigger and bigger then tht would be the best tyme to bring up the postnup topic.
Now knowing the risks involved and how much she stands to lose after divorce, she will definately sign the papers.
At the end of the day,thers not much diffrence btwn the pre and the post. The diffrence is in the timing and the purpose but still your treasured assets remain protected.
postnup as i said is also good cz of those assets we inherit since they are viewed as separate properties. unless u wish to make them family assets,they remain separate. prenup doesnt cover wht you inherit after u said I do.
postnup also help if both of u engaged in a family business tht generates income for the family. see, the post nup will ensure the business continues without disruptions even when u separate or divorce.
So in the end its either pre or post. They both guard you assets. What you shouldt do is turn off a wedding cz she or he refused to sign.

I don't get that part at all. everything else falls over from that point.  undecided
Are you oblivious to what goes on in divorce courts today? A woman need not [b]fear [/b]the risk of losing anything, it is the man who should be quivering for fear of having to spend the next few years of his life in someone's basement.

You speak of a post-nup like the person is legally bound to sign it regardless of it's conditions.
A woman is not behooved to sign JACK after the initial "marriage contract" has been established, and she knows it's in her best interests not to in this scenario.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 12:51am On Jun 18, 2011
i was getting ready to clarify tht.
which woman would want a divorce? she will definately lose her marriage . now thts something.
see, i said the post comes to 'save' a marriage. You really dont want a divorce you want to make it work! But if you cant make it work then you face the divorce.
You dont lose money,you lose the marriage
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 12:52am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

This is how am reasoning. You dnt have to call off a wedding to a partner of your choice just cz she/he refused to sign the prenup.

You must be having a laugh now.

You are just trying to whine us up and pull our legs with this logic. grin

A woman is already married, she can now be herself since the rat has taken the bait and is already in the trap she has planned from a small girl. You bring up an issue that will surely upset an average woman, a woman that is now more free to express her anger since she has a marriage certificate and have your balls in her hands since you have no pre-nup. And if you break up, you would both be upset but the man will also lose your balls she is holding, and you are saying she is the one to compromise?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You must be one of those that wrote Monty Python.  grin You are funny. grin
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 12:54am On Jun 18, 2011
And if u lose the marriage then u lose some few things too. you may nt get half of everything especially if u came wth basically nothing! so yeah theres reason to fear.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

i was getting ready to clarify tht.
which woman would want a divorce? she will definately lose her marriage . now thts something.
see, i said the post comes to 'save' a marriage. You really dont want a divorce you want to make it work! But if you cant make it work then you face the divorce.
You dont lose money,you lose the marriage

Luv, I think you're looking at this from the perspective of a "Happily ever after" fairy tale. This is a subject on reality.
Humans turn cold. Women turn cold. Some women make a business out of divorce. It might not start that way, but it could end that way, given time, her friends, and the influence of a decrepit society/world.

There's just no way of looking at it. A smart man's gotta protect himself from vultures today.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

And if u lose the marriage then u lose some few things too. you may nt get half of everything especially if u came wth basically nothing! so yeah theres reason to fear.

The law always has a soft spot for the woman. She has a 75%+ chance of getting much more than the man and/or more than she brought in that's for sure. She doesn't even have to be prepared.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 1:01am On Jun 18, 2011
@ sagamite and crew. Are we getting married here to Divorce??
Of course not! But is there any chance of it happening? of course.
Now help a woman love you by not forcing her to sign a prenup!! If the marriage doesnt work say a year or two later then a post nup comes in handy.
Questn is.Which woman in her right mind wouldnt like to give her marriage a try ,u know work hard to see it happen?
So the reason she has to sign the post is not to make you happy that your assets are safe,No.its coz sh eknws if she doesnt sign it then its divorce.
Nobody wants a divorce but it happens.But before it 'happens' you must have not 'liked' it!!!!
grin
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 18, 2011
Yeah Sag I think she's just enjoying seeing us arguing against the obstinately illogical,  grin
basing the cold,  hardness of reality on the fairy tale concepts of love.   cheesy

either that, or she doesn't know her own gender that well.

she also didn't read the john cleese article you posted.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 1:07am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

If she refuses to sign it, what are you going to do?

You are going to start threatening her you would divorce her?

So what marriage will you have left after the threats whether she signs it or not?  grin

Girl, your logic does not work.

And getting even one third or one quarter or whatever from nothing is significant. A mans balls will still be the one roasted irrespective at the divorce. He is the one that will likely leave with less than he came with.

upendo 98:

@ sagamite and crew. Are we getting married here to Divorce??
Of course not! But is there any chance of it happening? of course.
Now help a woman love you by not forcing her to sign a prenup!! If the marriage doesnt work say a year or two later then a post nup comes in handy.
Questn is.Which woman in her right mind wouldnt like to give her marriage a try ,u know work hard to see it happen?
So the reason she has to sign the post is not to make you happy that your assets are safe,No.its coz sh eknws if she doesnt sign it then its divorce.
Nobody wants a divorce but it happens.But before it 'happens' you must have not 'liked' it!!!!

Women will most likely try and make things work on "their terms" as long as they have the power/leverage to.

That is women for you. The average woman's understanding of equality, fairness and equity is for a woman to have privileges over men whilst a man has none over women.

Her terms in a marriage is likely to be lets have a romantic fairytale (which signing post-whatever is not part off). That terms will most likely change if she is no more happy in the relationship and wants out.

2buff:

Yeah Sag I think she's just enjoying seeing us arguing against the obstinately illogical,  grin
basing the cold,  hardness of reality on the fairy tale concepts of love.   cheesy

either that, or she doesn't know her own gender that well.

She is just blatantly manipulating our brains with illogicality for amusement now.  grin
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 1:15am On Jun 18, 2011
no you guys re just being hard on women

All am saying is a woman is diffrent from the man especially wth issues of feelings.
I am a very mature lady and I know all am talking about.
Forget about the lovely dovey childish feelings.Reality is diffent and in marriage you dont always feel that way. I kp saying
So, I am not ignorant of wht ur saying here.

I just want u to understand that this lady getting married loves you and doesnt want you to make her feel like shes coming to suck up ur money u know,
You want to feel other things and not agreements.It's like talking about bills when your having sex.Thts killing the passion.
So this prenup talk kills the passion before marriage.
Thts why you ahoul keep silent hoping all will be well.After all u dnt intend to separate.
The moment you start noticing how she's put on weight, the thts the right time to bring up the postnup.bcz thats the start of the fall of any mariage.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 1:28am On Jun 18, 2011
@sagamite sagamite

Note this pliz; I am a woman.If married the last thing I want is a divorce.I will be lying if I said that it cannot happen.
When does post nup come? when the marriage has hit rockbottom and all i see is divorce.
Now me being a  woman,I dnt wnat to see it happen.So wht do I do? I purpose to patch the cracks up be4 the postnup is effected.
In other other words am preventing a likely divorce from happening by working hard and not signing it.(take it as a weapon of mass destruction)
Is it clear now?
A post nup is meant to 'save a marriage.Prevention is better than cure. And note this:  the reason you are marrying is so as you stay.Not separate. Now work hard towards making that 'stay'happen.
Now if we dont patch up the cracks then yeah we sign it up and step! It makes sence then cz by then you really hate each other and no amount of talking can help you out.
What is worse to lose?? A MARRIAGE OR MONEY??

Dont even bother to answer I already know your answers!
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 1:36am On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

no you guys re just being hard on women

All am saying is a woman is diffrent from the man especially wth issues of feelings.
I am a very mature lady and I know all am talking about.
Forget about the lovely dovey childish feelings.Reality is diffent and in marriage you dont always feel that way. I kp saying
So, I am not ignorant of wht your saying here.

The reality is that women today are behaviourally not like women of yesteryears.

There is what is called cause-effects. There are some societal fundamentals that have changed in the last few decades that has caused these changes in the behaviour of women.

These fundamentals, according to all reasonable analysis, are forecasted to remain the same in my lifetime or even continue swinging away from the old. So I don't see women changing anytime soon.

And, yes, I know women's feelings are different that is why my position has really focused on it. I will not place my future under the whims of such volatile feelings. If some foool does not see the light after all I have said, he can go on and continue with his chivalrous principles. I will focus on my reality principles.

upendo 98:

I just want u to understand that this lady getting married loves you and doesnt want you to make her feel like shes coming to suck up your money u know,
You want to feel other things and not agreements.It's like talking about bills when your having sex.Thts killing the passion.
So this prenup talk kills the passion before marriage.
Thts why you ahoul keep silent hoping all will be well.After all u dnt intend to separate.
The moment you start noticing how she's put on weight, the thts the right time to bring up the postnup.bcz thats the start of the fall of any mariage.

First of all, let me correct some things.

Group A - There are a group of girls that will marry you because they love you.

Group B - There are a group of girls that will marry you because they love they way you love and care for them and they are fund of you.

Group C - There are a group of girls that will marry you because they just want to be fcking married or they want something from you (i.e. better lifestyle, money, social status etc).

Now lets go to the passion you were talking about.

Fck passion!!!

Fck romance!!!

When the stewpid laws are repealed or changed then we can have AALLLLLLLLL the passion and the romance and whatever other fairytale is in her head. I will not place total control of my happiness in any other person's hands, not even my mother.

Talk to the average girl about divorce settlements and you will understand why a man needs to be scared when you start seeing them ratiocinating that because a woman cooks and cleans she is entitled to half. And it is those thinking like that I have to cater for their passion at the expense of my hard work and sanity? . . . . . Fck passion!

upendo 98:

@sagamite sagamite

Note this pliz; I am a woman.If married the last thing I want is a divorce.I will be lying if I said that it cannot happen.
When does post nup come? when the marriage has hit rockbottom and all i see is divorce.
Now me being a  woman,I dnt wnat to see it happen.So wht do I do? I purpose to patch the cracks up be4 the postnup is effected.
In other other words am preventing a likely divorce from happening by working hard and not signing it.(take it as a weapon of mass destruction)
Is it clear now?
A post nup is meant to 'save a marriage.Prevention is better than cure. And note this:  the reason you are marrying is so as you stay.Not separate. Now work hard towards making that 'stay'happen.
Now if we dont patch up the cracks then yeah we sign it up and step! It makes sence then cz by then you really hate each other and no amount of talking can help you out.
What is worse to lose?? A MARRIAGE OR MONEY??

Dont even bother to answer I already know your answers!

And what makes you think a request for post-nup at rock bottom is not an attempt to protect himself on an imminent divorce proceeding he is about to instigate?

You sign it, he serves you with divorce papers.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by EuroMeko(m): 1:38am On Jun 18, 2011
Just food for thought, there's no such thing as a iron clad prenup when it comes to high earners with sizable assets.

There is a speciality of divorce business that deals with divorces that have prenups. At some point, using an example of a close friend, do you want to pay an Attorney $100,000 to defend your prenup or do you just want to pay your Ex $75,000 and be done with it.

So back to the original question, it is not a death "knell" per see but I will not marry without one in place.

Post nups are rare and only a complete dunce will sign one. Typically a red flag will be raised that something is amiss.

Someone on here hinted that marriage is a business relationship, it is. Ask anyone that has had the misfortune to divorce in the US and they'll tell you.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 18, 2011
I personally just think the op has been living under a rock all this while smiley
No insult intended.

But sorry. Not with what women do today.

I understand the time you're coming from. Things were simpler back then. . . Much simpler. Im happy for u that u feel that way about marriage. But this same maturity u claim should also ping u on the naivete of your logic. That ALL women have the same values as u when going into marriage. You obviously and simply have no understanding of cruelty in the world toda. Bless your heart for that. Its like me saying because I am not a wifebeater, no other men are wifebeaters.

If she decides to have an issue over signing a Prebut then im afraid her intentions can't be fully trusted. The prenup is essentially a useless item if she really loves me and she is certain we can make it.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 4:13am On Jun 18, 2011
and dint get us wrong. a prenup isn't all about I get all u get nada. It is simply a preagreed split ratio. Eg I get 70 she gets 30 since Im balling going into this. It doesn't have to be a terrible thing unless shes one of those women that over exaggerate every little thing.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2011
^^^^
now stop getting al too personal here. When i open a thread its for discussion. I dont have to be a supporter of the topic i choose all i need is for somebody to prove me right or wrong.That to me is a healthy discussion.
Am naive at all. Not with all i have seen,I can make a silly remark to stir u up and get your reaction cz trust me theres a woman/man who believes in tht 'silly' remark. its like taking on smbody else's mind.
Most marriages today have a short lifespan cz people fear to speak out the truth while dating. the fear of spoiling the relationship or being rejected,so u go in there blindly thinking tht the lovely dovey feeling will put bread on the table,pay bills,and sort out evry other problem. now thts the fairy tale smbody mentioned.
Theres nothing wrong with adjusting to the system.really who can u even trust today apart from your own mother? the real person comes out after the wedding.
thts when u wish u hd signed all these things. its unfortunate tht the greedy ones have messed it up 4 evrybody else. now its better to be safe thn sorry.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by thameamead(f): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2011
Sagamite:

What happens if she refuses to sign the post-nup?

What bargaining chip do you have to make her sign one if you don't sign a pre-nup?

Ashley Young the Aston Villa footballer cancelled his £200,000 wedding last weekend because his childwood sweet -heart refused to sigh a pre-nup, wow, it is shocking, poor girl she probably was not happy with her financial package, a pre-nup is daunting, you both get your lawyers going back and forth to made ammends which takes a couple of weeks to prepare, one of the reasons why some wealthy man refuse to marry long term girls because they can't bare to hand over their fortune to gold diggers, lawyers representing whoever is seeking payment always want half of everything and women like to take the men to the cleaners especially when thay have bn cheated on or bn traded for a younger women, "hell hath no fury like a woman dumped", i remember reading an article in which donald trump ex wife ivana trump was quoted "remember girls, don't get mad, take everything"
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by thameamead(f): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
there are pre-nups and there are pre-nups, some are incredibly mean and some are very generous but i 'd rather sigh a pre-nup, than go back to my bedsit in thamesmead, some women tend to make it obvious they are gold diggers, they start dating a guy that can afford to fly them anywhere first class, they get used to it and when they are asked to fly ecomony, wahala starts, they start acting funny. no body wants to marry a pauper, everyone wants a better life, people change, people fall out of love with each other all the time, if tiger woods had not asked his nanny turned wife to sigh a pre-nup, she would have asked for at least a third of his fortune, she was entltled to $2M a yr for every yr she was married to him but he ended up paying her more because he wanted her gagged for life, some women are lucky sha, some are gold diggers and some are like me not greedy smiley smiley
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

Most marriages today have a short lifespan cz people fear to speak out the truth while dating. the fear of spoiling the relationship or being rejected,so u go in there blindly thinking tht the lovely dovey feeling will put bread on the table,pay bills,and sort out evry other problem. now thts the fairy tale smbody mentioned.
Theres nothing wrong with adjusting to the system.really who can u even trust today apart from your own mother? the real person comes out after the wedding.
thts when u wish u hd signed all these things. its unfortunate tht the greedy ones have messed it up 4 evrybody else. now its better to be safe thn sorry.

You see? That is why I am so attractive and desirable to most women. grin I am blunt and straightforward. I drop it like is hawt! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thameamead:

Ashley Young the Aston Villa footballer cancelled his £200,000 wedding last weekend because his childwood sweet -heart refused to sigh a pre-nup,  wow, it is shocking, poor girl she probably was not happy with her financial package, a pre-nup is daunting, you both get your lawyers going back and forth to made ammends which takes a couple of weeks to prepare, one of the reasons why some wealthy man refuse to marry long term girls because they can't bare to hand over their fortune to gold diggers, lawyers representing whoever is seeking payment always want half of everything and women like to take the men to the cleaners especially when thay have bn cheated on or bn traded for a younger women, "hell hath no fury like a woman dumped", i remember reading an article in which donald trump ex wife ivana trump was quoted "remember girls, don't get mad,  take everything"

This woman, you know some juicy gist o! shocked

I have a new found respect for Ashley Young. Now every time I see him on TV, I am going to form a fist with my right hand and hit my chest in the heart area 3 times and then point to him as a ritual of respect. If she refuses to sign a pre-nup, tell her to take a hike.

My money should have nothing to do with our relationship. If anyone decide to leave a relationship, you can be upset but no financial payment should be demanded.

Once I set up a pre-nup, the only amends I would make is if her lawyers can prove that the first draft will lead to her losing some resources or money she worked for or could have got, and somehow I have innocuously not figured it into the initial calculations. Not we-want-more-money negotiations. I will not be negotiating how she can get more money than she is entitled to above what I have initially, generously offered.

Asking me for more money will just irritate me and point out her gold-digging and cunning potential, which will make me more weary. A pre-nup is just a statement that indicates the minimum she will get, if divorce happens, I might go above board and offer her more if she had been a good wife that is worth it.

Ashley is smart to sign a prenup but I thought he was pretty dump to be marrying at 25. If you are that young, rich and famous and you know women will be flinging themselves at you, why marry so early? That is how they end up cheating and then have themselves all over the paper like Rooney. They all need to learn from Eddie Irvine and Dwight Yorke.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by thameamead(f): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2011
I have a huge respect for Ashley Young and Peter Crouch both insisting on a pre-nup, goes to show not all footballers think with their balls, Rooney should not have gottten married at a tender age without a pre-nup, he loves slepping with prostitutes, young and old but bless him! he can't divorce her even if he did he has to hand over half his assets, Dwright York is not a role model for my sons but he's smart, the likes of Giggs & John Terry are screewd, no pre-nups, no matter how much they spend on super-injuctions, twitter will have all the juicy stories.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by thameamead(f): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You see? That is why I am so attractive and desirable to most women. grin I am blunt and straightforward. I drop it like is hawt! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This woman, you know some juicy gist o! shocked

I have a new found respect for Ashley Young. Now every time I see him on TV, I am going to form a fist with my right hand and hit my chest in the heart area 3 times and then point to him as a ritual of respect. If she refuses to sign a pre-nup, tell her to take a hike.

My money should have nothing to do with our relationship. If anyone decide to leave a relationship, you can be upset but no financial payment should be demanded.

Once I set up a pre-nup, the only amends I would make is if her lawyers can prove that the first draft will lead to her losing some resources or money she worked for or could have got, and somehow I have innocuously not figured it into the initial calculations. Not we-want-more-money negotiations. I will not be negotiating how she can get more money than she is entitled to above what I have initially, generously offered.

Asking me for more money will just irritate me and point out her gold-digging and cunning potential, which will make me more weary. A pre-nup is just a state that indicates the minimum she will get, if divorce happens, I might go above board and offer her more if she had been a good wife that is worth it.

Ashley is smart to sign a prenup but I thought he was pretty dump to be marrying at 25. If you are that young, rich and famous and you know women will be flinging themselves at you, why marry so early? That is how they end up cheating and then have themselves all over the paper like Rooney. They all need to learn from Eddie Irvine and Dwight Yorke.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
WOW! you guys
I know you are celebrating since evrything we read tends to favour the prenup.
Now have you asked yourselves why ladies have shied away from this thread? the first one said mmh it wasnt a good idea.
What does tht prove? will an african woman be willing to sign the pre? its not yet sank deep in the African woman's mind. so you guys are in for trouble unless you go for the 'oyibo' .i guess tht means white person. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I am in Tears As I Type This. / What To Do If Your Boyfriend Hits You / Life Is Too Easy For Pretty Girls And Women Generally.(see PROOF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.