Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? (7035 Views)

Will You Sign A Prenuptial Aggrement Before Marriage?men See Reasons Here. / Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Agreement Before Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^ food for thoughts:
would you feel as strongly as you do now (about sharing everything) if your husband came into the marriage with DEBTS up to his neck (student loan, credit card etc)? so after three yrs of blissful marriage, you guys divorce. would your still "love" him and offer to repay half of his debts, as the divorce settlement?!

since you became ONE after marriage then his debts became yours, and thus, you should take your share and repay it, RIGHT?!
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2011
upendo 98:

WOW! you guys
I know you are celebrating since evrything we read tends to favour the prenup.
Now have you asked yourselves why ladies have shied away from this thread? the first one said mmh it wasnt a good idea.
What does tht prove? will an african woman be willing to sign the pre? its not yet sank deep in the African woman's mind. so you guys are in for trouble unless you go for the 'oyibo' .i guess tht means white person. grin

My postulation is that most of the ladies are not on this thread because they believe in equity.

The average woman's perception of equity is when something is to their advantage.

Most are happy with these laws as long as it favours women. If it is a law that does not favour women, then we get hordes of them whining and talking about equity. undecided
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ Brown jay,

Its funny how money or wealth tends tk keep people together.But its only 4 a while. Its so easy to say 'we are one' when you have the money.
Now just wait until tht wealth starts dwindling.Your debts become 'yours' and mine remain 'mine' Oh nobody wants to carry another person's burden at tht instant.The word 'one' goes out of the window and 'mine' walks in thru the door, Thts reality.
The vows should change to 'till money do us part' not death
prenup is good. some people are very careless after all in handling finances. If the woman is the type tht spends 3/4 of her income sprucing herself up,then this will tame her.Same applies to the man
You mess up with your money, I dont care cz you aint touching mine.
Separate the wallet from the heart lol grin the two cant mix grin!. lets be one at heart but 2 in the wallet!
Sounds weird!
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
^^^^^

Don't get annoyed. Like I wrote when I posted last, "No insult intended". But your views do seem out of touch with the reality of today, but better aligned to the reality of yester-years where women didn't have all this legal ammunition.

As a christian, even my bible tells me that; through wisdom, strangers will not usurp my wealth.

This world is harsh my friend, and it is unfortunate. I would love to not have to make my bride-to-be sign a prenup, but my parents didn't raise no fool  undecided
Even my parents will pull me aside and ask me "What are you doing?!" if I tell them I'm not given her prenup to sign.

I cannot blame women in general. It is a phenomenon sweeping the entire human race. I'm sure you hear of all the terrible things happening in the world today. As these are the end-times, the love of many have grown cold (whether on-purpose or not), so wisdom demands extra measures must be taken.

A woman who fails to understand the necessity of this procedure and chooses not to cast her butterfly feelings aside for a moment to do what must be done, strikes me, at the most optimistic, to be a weak woman incapable of performing any action that isn't as a result of hormones.

Hormones wear off.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Sagamite(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2011
2buff:

This world is harsh my friend, and it is unfortunate. I would love to not have to make my bride-to-be sign a prenup, but my parents didn't raise no fool  undecided

GBAM!
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ 2Buff

From the start of this thread I was in favour of prenup.I took the opposing side becoz all of you men were for prenup.There was no opposition and thats why i kept asking why 'we' women are shying from this thread.Its good to act silly at times,rub smbody the wrong way in order to get the reaction. Thts why I came up wth post nup even though I knew I would go nowhere with it. grin tht was very easy to tell from the flimsy excuses i was trying to give. I  mean you came out guns blaring and that is exactly what I wanted.I learnt smthing too.
I trust nobody but my mother/father.Evrybody else is a stranger!
Now thank God you know this much as a young man. most people your age live in 'townsville' and play townsville games.
And I just never understand why single people never take time to seat down with married people and hear the truth of the matter.
Marriage is a world not a clown.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by thameamead(f): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2011
upendo 98:

WOW! you guys
I know you are celebrating since evrything we read tends to favour the prenup.
Now have you asked yourselves why ladies have shied away from this thread? the first one said mmh it wasnt a good idea.
What does tht prove? will an african woman be willing to sign the pre? its not yet sank deep in the African woman's mind. so you guys are in for trouble unless you go for the 'oyibo' .i guess tht means white person. grin

i am an african, am yoruba and I was happy to sign a pre-nup, i could have walked away but i chose go ahead with it as long as i was allowed to make a few changes and am happy with the pre-nup, my husband is lebenese so his family saw me as a gold-digger, the pre-nup was their idea and to shut his family up especially his control- freak mother i sighed it and also to prove i was no gold digger. if had not sighed it, we would have still stayed together co-habiting which would not have bn a problem. am sure there are african women that would happily sigh a pre-nup but most would not depending on the conditions of the pre-nups.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2011
There you go .

Does a poor dude have to sign for prenup? What are u protecting anyway?Most guys dnt evn own a house or cat at the time of marriage.
So its an agreement for those that have the assets, both tangible and intangible.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by DaDoctor: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2011
upendo the 'WOMAN ' Right Activist

lol
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by lastpage: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2011
The GUILTY are ALWAYS AFRAID!

A "Pre-Nup" (like any other agreement), cant be forced on ANYONE, man or woman!

So, If you dont like it, just MOVE-ON and stop trying to shed croc tears! grin wink

LOVE'S gat NOTHING to do with it!
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2011
I love how the majority of NL women avoided this thread.  grin

May god save men in these last days.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ Da Doc,
  grin grin grin grin
Oh how I hate tht word activist! I only act for Upendo 98.

@2 Buff
What do u want God to save you men for? He can only save you from sin not women. We came from men so we are here to stay Lolest.
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by DaDoctor: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2011
emm, emmm, emmm, upendo the WOMAN RIGHT PROTECTOR

But why you too like wahala na,

YOU WAN DO PRENUP? ABI U DON DO AM B4?

allow make we rest na
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by upendo98(f): 10:53am On Jun 21, 2011
Wahala= problem

Everything else in bold I float

But why you too like wahala na,

YOU WAN DO PRENUP? ABI U DON DO AM B4?

allow make we rest na
Re: Are Prenuptial Agreements A Death Knell For Romance? by canlor: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2011
@thameamead

would really love to discuss some issues with you privately, please
<canlor@yahoo.com>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What To Do If Your Boyfriend Hits You / Life Is Too Easy For Pretty Girls And Women Generally.(see PROOF) / Snake Charmer Killed By King Cobra Bite While Showing Off His Skills(videos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.