Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! (15872 Views)

Do Ladies Still Abuse Guys For Asking Them Out? / I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / A Girl's Advice To Ladies Asking Guys For Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 10:21am On May 04, 2010
How do guys on the forum feel about a lady approaching them, to get to know them better possibly to get into a relationship later?  Where I come from, some men hate it and might think of the woman as loose while others think it's about time ladies took matters into their own hands.  NL is a different world altogether so I am curious to know how you lot feel about this,

I know some of you are going to hail insults at me  grin bring it on  wink  Kidding, let's keep it civil please! cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by MissyB1(m): 10:42am On May 04, 2010
It's not just a Nairaland thang. . .
Nigerian men [ 90% ] would label the Lady loose and make her a subject of discussion.
               [ 7%   ] wouldn't fail to constantly remind You, that You made the move.  grin
               [ 3%   ] might handle it in a Civil manner but then, what's 3% compared to 97%?

Having said that, I think I prefer the African way of doing this kinda thang.
Let the men make the move. cool
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 10:52am On May 04, 2010
Makes sense Missy B, I think generally men prefer to do the hunting themselves and wouldn't want any prey bringing itself over, easy catch with all the connotations associated to it! HOWEVER, there is that 3% you talk about who would kill to have a girl approach them, not necessarily throwing herself at the man with titz hanging out and a skirt that barely covers the backside, this small percentage of men would not even judge the lady for making the first move, they would just let things flow as though they had approached the girl themselves, again, I could be wrong in my observation! wink

Then you get sleek girls who would make a move on a guy but still let him believe he initiated the whole thing and guy feels totally in control from the word go cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by yusuf2(m): 11:08am On May 04, 2010
personally i don't mind a Lady making the first move. if I'm also interested in her, i would not let her go that far, but if she eventually makes the first move, i'll try to make her understand i had intended to ask her out b4 she did so. Allowing her make the first move would have negative implications considering the fact that guys are usually more egocentric than women "guys easily let things like this get to their heads".
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by kpolli(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2010
thats a lie missy b,

50% wud agree n use that woman to death, 20% wud calmly reject them, 20% wud appreciate their courage n stick wit them (for some reason, this is where i fall into), 10% wud remind them that they were the ones who asked them out,

there, alot better
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by sexdoctor(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2010
3% you talk about who would kill to have a girl approach them, not necessarily throwing herself at the man with titz hanging out and a skirt that barely covers the backside,

^^^ 3% if used as a score, marks your fail so why fail when you can pass, cos na ashewo you go get if your observation is anything to go bye.
Bro if she likes something about you what ever it may be the eyes never lies, so if you see d green light you can make the crossing, cool
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 11:19am On May 04, 2010
personally i don't mind a Lady making the first move. if I'm also interested in her, i would not let her go that far, but if she eventually makes the first move, i'll try to make her understand i had intended to ask her out b4 she did so. Allowing her make the first move would have negative implications considering the fact that guys are usually more egocentric than women "guys easily let things like this get to their heads".
[/quote]

True Yusuf, some guys would let their EGO get in the way, sadly!

[quote author=kpolli link=topic=441397.msg5995857#msg5995857 date=1272967908]
thats a lie missy b,

50% wud agree n use that woman to death, 20% wud calmly reject them, 20% wud appreciate their courage n stick wit them (for some reason, this is where i fall into), 10% wud remind them that they were the ones who asked them out,

there, alot better
I just think it would be nicer if the world had a lot more liberal men around!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by kpolli(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2010
well its sad that the average guy does not no a good deal even when it comes free, we have or issues, so we try to live wit it
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Odunnu: 11:50am On May 04, 2010
U mean a gurl walking up 2a guy and askin 4a date?
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Odunnu: 11:51am On May 04, 2010
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 12:04pm On May 04, 2010
Odunnu:

I think there are more subtle ways to do it like smiling at the guy when bumping into him at the cafeteria or greeting him when you walk past him and eventually he takes notice and suggests the two of you go out for a drink or something, It is said anyway that usually when a guy approaches a girl, she has already "rated" him as to whether he "qualifies" or not so when guy walks up and says "hello", the girl already knows what she is going to say to him, guys don't know this about us though  wink

Some ladies may take the blatant route like what you mentioned above, approach will differ!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by 190: 12:11pm On May 04, 2010
[size=20pt]Kpolli is always rite!![/size]
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 12:14pm On May 04, 2010
Maybe I am having a blonde moment but what kpolli said I didn't understand, can someone break it down for me please cheesy
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by kpolli(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2010
190 my greatest guy!!!!!!!!!!!

SA chick, well like some cars, it needs to be jump-started

PS i meant we have our issues
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 12:18pm On May 04, 2010
kpolli:

190 my greatest guy!!!!!!!!!!!

SA chick, well like some cars, it needs to be jump-started

PS i meant we have our issues

Don't mind me hey, still blonde, more so now that you have switched to male talk,   wink
But I get the part about your issues, still trying to figure you lot (men all over) out!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by kpolli(m): 12:22pm On May 04, 2010
male talkcars??
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Sonofpeace(m): 12:26pm On May 04, 2010
For me in most cases i hate it when a gal does that cos most  atimes those gals are ones that i don't even notice or give a damn about. Sometimes i get annoyed with a gal that does so cos i was unprepared.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 12:30pm On May 04, 2010
kpolli:

male talkcars??

Yeah, anyhoo, all good!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by NET1(m): 12:40pm On May 04, 2010
When I was in the University, there was this chic who asked me out on a date. Although, we did NOT eventually date, I loved her courage. She became a very close friend of mine (we're still friends up till now).

.NET
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 12:48pm On May 04, 2010
Nice one .NET cheesy In the end it is about the mind of the man being approached I guess!

In Chicago a couple of years back, I came out of this store and saw this amazingly good looking guy but I was too shy to even wink at him so I drove away but then realised I had nothing to lose so I turned back, found him still waiting for his friend in the car, we chatted and ended up setting a "date" for breakfast the next day, we ditched the breakfast idea in the car the next day and ended up having Burger King instead cheesy we hung out until I came back home, it was cool.

I approached him because I realised I had absolutely NOTHING to lose, that the worst he would say was NO, I never regretted that move wink
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by laprince(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2010
I appreciate it like food. this is uncommon, it takes a courageous lady to do this.

I meant my best female friend this way, though I am not dating her.

For the fact that she did not seduce me is a good reason why I will always appreciate her.

my mind set is, don't die in anticipation, go for what you want.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:06pm On May 04, 2010
laprince:

I appreciate it like food. this is uncommon, it takes a courageous lady to do this.

I meant my best female friend this way, though I am not dating her.

For the fact that she did not seduce me is a good reason why I will always appreciate her.

my mind set is, don't die in anticipation, go for what you want.

True, as I said, it is about the mind of the guy being approached in the end, how he looks at the situation. It does not always become a romantic relationship as the two still have to get to know each other and see if they like one another enough to give it a go, same as if a guy approached a girl!
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Maximatic(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2010
I dont mind i wud ride along'
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 2:54pm On May 04, 2010
Maximatic:

I dont mind i wud ride along'

By that do you mean you would take the relationship seriously it led to that or you would just "play"
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Dondav(m): 2:55pm On May 04, 2010
I adore such girls. 'll never let go. wink
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 04, 2010
I'm yet to see one guy that's worth the trouble! undecided
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by ayettymama(f): 3:12pm On May 04, 2010
poster are u talkin men in general o nigerian men??
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by ayettymama(f): 3:13pm On May 04, 2010
Ujujoan:

lol- u dis girl where abouts do u stay??
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 3:16pm On May 04, 2010
ayettymama:

poster are u talkin men in general o nigerian men??

Was talking about men in general but I knew I would get all sorts of varied responses on NL, if I am not mistaken, there are other men here who are not Nigerian so their input is welcome too,
Ujujoan:

cheesy The one I approached was definitely worth the trouble, no regrets at all
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by Nobody: 9:19am On May 05, 2010
SA Goddess:

Was talking about men in general but I knew I would get all sorts of varied responses on NL, if I am not mistaken, there are other men here who are not Nigerian so their input is welcome too,
cheesy The one I approached was definitely worth the trouble, no regrets at all

Good for you then! undecided
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by chamotex(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2010
Missy B:

It's not just a Nairaland thang. . .
Nigerian men [ 90% ] would label the Lady loose and make her a subject of discussion.
               [ 7%   ] wouldn't fail to constantly remind You, that You made the move.  grin
               [ 3%   ] might handle it in a Civil manner but then, what's 3% compared to 97%?

Having said that, I think I prefer the African way of doing this kinda thang.
Let the men make the move. cool

But you've been chasing me up and down NL since 2008 innit?

@post

I'm a go-getter so Imma go get her.
Re: Sisters approaching guys for romance!!! by SAGoddess: 9:29am On May 05, 2010
I would definitely do it AGAIN if one came my way and seemed worthy, life is just too short and that ONE could be my life partner!

PS:  I am a firm believer in my signature, anything can happen if one opens themselves to the possibility!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Slay Queen Bares Massive Cleveage Photo That Got People Talking / Curve Igbo Lady Flogged Mercilessly After She Was Caught With A intimacy gadget:video / Looking For Mr. Right While You're In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.